[~CODED~] [Finished] Riya the U.G.C. officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
It's a typefucking game, it's not that deep.

You keep saying this, but it's pretty evident people care about this game's setting and characters more than just generic fap-material.

I kinda want to see that...I'm curious.

We can only hope the UGC has placed an interstellar ban on all memery.

Reactions: Gamepapa

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
But my position still stands - in the current state, it is clear that this whole character is deliberately written as a way to rile people up.
Specifically: in a way that would get the boners of the proper TA going.

Or at least I'm willing to give Franks the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: well, that pretty much went out of the window.

You keep saying this, but it's pretty evident people care about this game's setting and characters more than just generic fap-material.
Weirdos (like me) who do that are the minority of a minority. Or so the big honchos say, anyway. Even authors that put a lot of thought into their characters and scenarios do it while expecting most of the overall playerbase not to care too much about any of those.

I personally disagree that outlook on principle, but I have no numbers to back it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDeko
F

Franks

This.

Have to admit, my skills in insulting people are not high. But my position still stands - I DON'T LIKE THIS CHARACTER SO IT WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN AS A PERSONAL INSULT TO ME AND IT SHOULD BE DELETED RIGHT THIS SECOND!!?!11

Fixed that for you. And my position on this should be made clear - @Etis , you've proven yourself to be a petulant fucking child, and I do not give half of a shit what your position on anything is. Feel free to keep posting, but don't expect your assblasted nonsense to net any results.

Yeah, you're right - at least as far as this forum is concerned, at any rate. And just for the record, since someone(I don't feel like checking who) mentioned that it's weird how Riya talks about nonhumans as opposed to how she treats them during sexings - Consider the following; Riya is former special forces. There's almost no way there's no Ausar, Kaithrit, etc in her old unit. Having served with these beings, more than likely in several life or death situations, what are the chances that she really thinks she's better than them? What I'm getting at is that she's just being a twat because she knows she can.

Edit: It was @Nik_van_Rijn

Last edited by a moderator:
....I kind of like this character.

I mean; it's a shame she's not more accessible to penis-Steeles, but if I decide to do a 100% female run I'd definitely give her a look.

Will she be getting more sex-scenes at any point? Like, maybe, if alien-fem-Steele takes a swing at her then later she can be engaged in semi-violent, aggressive, hate-sex? Perhaps with variables depending on whether she beat up Steele or Steele knocked her block off?

Also; perhaps some more non-sexual police harassment of non-humans (especially if they took a swing at her earlier)? Like she randomly turns up when the PC is wondering around Tavros and tells Steele he/she has been 'randomly' selected for a stop-and-search or something? Possibly she has a random chance to confiscate certain items while doing so? That kind of thing.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
>.> I'm sorry to say this but resorting to name calling in general isn't a very good way to win an argument rather it's a pretty sure way to losing an argument and undermining your own view by pointing out that you'd rather insult and call people off and call them names as a way to defend yourself. It gives people real insight into the person writing their posts. I've learned that a person's argument and opinion goes flying out the window once they resort to insults and name calling and because of this the people who are watching and listening tend to start to view the poster in a negative light. Basically if you have nothing nice to say or need to resort to name calling and insults it's a good idea to take a break or stop yourself before making a fool of thy self.

Reactions: zippy57
F

Franks

....I kind of like this character.

I mean; it's a shame she's not more accessible to penis-Steeles, but if I decide to do a 100% female run I'd definitely give her a look.

Will she be getting more sex-scenes at any point? Like, maybe, if alien-fem-Steele takes a swing at her then later she can be engaged in semi-violent, aggressive, hate-sex? Perhaps with variables depending on whether she beat up Steele or Steele knocked her block off?

I'm writing an oral scene at the moment for her, and I plan to add a vaginal scene too. I'm just really slow. Taking the suggestion into consideration though, maybe a degradation/raceplay option? PC asks her to treat them like shit?

Also; perhaps some more non-sexual police harassment of non-humans (especially if they took a swing at her earlier)? Like she randomly turns up when the PC is wondering around Tavros and tells Steele he/she has been 'randomly' selected for a stop-and-search or something? Possibly she has a random chance to confiscate certain items while doing so? That kind of thing.

Eeeeehhhhhh, no. That's way too intrusive.

F

Franks

Vaginal for the PC or Riya? (It isn't clear at this point if Riya's a hermaphrodite or a shemale).

She's a shemale. Spoiler: Headcanon that I've yet to actually write is that she's originally just a plain ol' female butch dyke who decided to grow a cock.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Those are all great characters though.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, you're right - at least as far as this forum is concerned, at any rate. And just for the record, since someone(I don't feel like checking who) mentioned that it's weird how Riya talks about nonhumans as opposed to how she treats them during sexings - Consider the following; Riya is former special forces. There's almost no way there's no Ausar, Kaithrit, etc in her old unit. Having served with these beings, more than likely in several life or death situations, what are the chances that she really thinks she's better than them? What I'm getting at is that she's just being a twat because she knows she can.

Edit: It was @Nik_van_Rijn
This would certainly help explain her and gives something to chew on, rather then just getting verbally bitch slapped, threaten with a taser for a "wait what" response, and sent on our marry way. Maybe this could fit with her CO? She investigated to get her backstory after she continues to cause so much trouble? I don't see Riya as the type to do anything but continue to provoke, so the question would be where does the PC learn this.
Without it, she comes off as a attack on players directly as others have mentioned, enough of one that got me to panic. Her sex scene being limited to pure females cuts off those that "skip to the sex scenes" and just leaves them only with insults. Its easy to forget you want to start her off easy as you've mentioned with how she is currently, but this understanding only applies to those that bother to browse here. Others who lay eyes on her for the 1st time ... Forum mods miiiight need some fire extinguishers for the heat she'll cause, especially with how she's, what, right out the elevator? Something to chew on will really help ease those fires.

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016

I still go back to the kelt bad ending every once in a while. Thatsmyfetish.jpg

Pretty much all the bad ends in CoC were actually.

That aside, I think the biggest issue is that there's absolutely nothing to do about this character as of now. I just hope there will be eventually. But that's all up to the creator.

F

Franks

I still go back to the kelt bad ending every once in a while. Thatsmyfetish.jpg

Pretty much all the bad ends in CoC were actually.

That aside, I think the biggest issue is that there's absolutely nothing to do about this character as of now. I just hope there will be eventually. But that's all up to the creator.
Reread the thread. You can do it. I believe in you.

Reactions: JDeko

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016
Reread the thread. You can do it. I believe in you.

I actually read it before my post, multiple times actually. Thank you though. I know you're planning an expansion that lets you do something about it. However, I was stating that if you didn't want to there was no need to add one.

F

Franks

I actually read it before my post, multiple times actually. Thank you though. I know you're planning an expansion that lets you do something about it. However, I was stating that if you didn't want to there was no need to add one.

You didn't say there was no need to add one.

At any rate, I think this thread is making me defensive, so sorry about that.

JohanLitvisk

Aug 28, 2015
Meh, I fail to see what the issue is. One more asshole twat of character in a universe of people who seemingly don't care about whatever Eldritch Abomination you decide to turn Steele into is a good palette swap. Also should Riya get into the game YOU HAVE TO GO SPECIFICALLY INTERACT WITH HER. It's not like she's forced on you like Badger's bullshit. People seem to fail to realize that you don't have to interact with every fucking being in existence. Between the "white man's burden" racism of Darnock and literally everything about Snuggle's modus operani, this isn't a new thing, guys. While I may personally think that Riya kinda shallow for my taste, she's going to get someone's boner going, no matter how reviled she gets (should she get in the game). Regardless of all that, she's...alright. Just another futa/shemale that just so happens to be a dick towards nonhuman/modded PC Steele's.

Jeez guys, take it easy. Avoiding it is always an option...

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016
It's not like she's forced on you like Badger's bullshit.

I don't recall badger being forced on you either. You don't ever even have to go to her place unless you want to be bimbo'd/bimbo penny/pexiga uplift, or get certain bimbo-esque tfs/bimbo siegfried. While that might seem to be a lot, none of it is gated, and all of those ARE bimbo related in some way shape or form, so you'd already have an interest in bimbo content regardless(except pexiga uplift.)

You're not gated from progression by not going to her, so it's not forced on you.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
And still, things got pretty heated up with her. Personally, I never had too much of a trouble with Badger, despite my distate of her character. Being one of the few that read most of the text, I easily avoided her bimbo-forced tf scene (that also prevented me from nuking Myrellion).

I may be wrong, but this NPC seems like is being made specifically to annoy people, unlike Badger, whose function is, mostly, providing bimbo-related content to those who seek it. Since the UCG officer doesn't provide the wide array of services of the aforementionated does, and her attitude is even worse than hers, or Darnock's (again, I have nothing against Darnock or Snugglé, I don't see why people is so troubled about him). As I posted earlier, the only thing that this character could provide is a source of long, heated discussions on the forum, at least until a satisfying way of removing/punishing her is added, oh, and sex scenes for a narrow range of characters, given that, from I've seen, most of players play as herm or male, and most of them play either as a non human, or use body mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotYouNorI

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
You can still have sex with her as a non-human, it just adds a couple of blurbs.

That's not my point. What I'm trying to say is that, compared with other NPC on the same line, she has little to offer besides a couple of sex scenes.

Kelt had his archery lessons, that ensured his utility, and you could evade his most annoying side is you took a break between lessons, not allowing the submission score to grow. Badger has, her, as I said, source of bimbo stuff, and even if you don't like bimbo, there's the pexiga uplift quest and some lust dealing weapons, and the bimbo siegwulff.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The convo get it highs and downs. But we always had be it CoC or TiTS NPC we talk much or staritng long talks after recalling those npc's only due to controversy it brough to playerbase. Riya is another of such npc that is memorable cuz so heated disscusin was sparked by her creation.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm fairly confident that the concerns I laid out were better-explained and delivered with considerably more tact than Etis, who I am aware is abrasive. You're the one who decided to brush them and related concerns off, stating that people shouldn't care about what they read, before Etis ever entered the thread. You've acted in a highly aggressive, and frankly arrogant, manner any time someone's expressed discomfort regardless of the level of tact they do it with.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I don't think writers should be obligated to write a way to beat an otherwise "untouchable" character if they don't want to. It happens in games and movies all the time. Where someone does something to the protagonist and you're just like "wtf I'd kick their ass!". Even in triple A titles. It's intentional, for effect, and not an oversight.

I mean, it'd be nice to have lots of choices, but it's a common thing, especially in smut, where the protagonist has some degree of helplessness. Remember the CoC Prisoner mod? So if you don't like helpless/submissive content, just don't proc it?

Don't misunderstand; it's totally unrealistic, yeah. But if Franks doesn't want to write out a path that tickles your boners just right, then he doesn't have to, and all the discussion in the world isn't going to change his mind.

God, and it's not just this character either. Any NPC or plot element can be made controversial and forced to walk a fine line between realism, squick, and fappability. And for a lot of us, the first two can easily trump the third, and vice versa. But ultimately, it doesn't matter. Like if Fen didn't choose to change the Treatment, what would you guys have done? Probably complain until the end of TiTS' development, but it still wouldn't have changed anything. I mean, it's not like you'd have stopped playing.

Let's keep the concerns constructive, like grammar and spelling.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Threw in some feedback, but only after a glance and reading other suggestions so far. I'll be giving it a deeper look, but I'm a bit surprised by the atmosphere I've seen projected in the thread. Let's use the moment that the noob lord over here made to get some clean air (luv u noobsaleh).

My biggest thing is that it seems like some criticism in this might have been taken without a grain of salt or cinnamon, whatever. As someone who's worked (albeit not until recently, where I'd taken a few months of a break) on a submission, there's really no bad advice even if you've had all the staff-lords review it. Even the might Savin, Analmander Overlord, could miss a section. There's a few moments where people pointed out spelling errors, so putting the thing through the spell-check/grammar check tool could be a good investment of your time. And maybe make it a bit easier to navigate if possible with the table of contents on the side? It's not too bad, but it did make going through the document a bit cheesy (for lack of a nice word for 'fucked') at times.

Going to get a deeper read on this hopefully soon, however, and provide some more feedback for a fellow all-human writer. Or not. I mean... natural herms are pretty much super rare in terms of natural birth. So... you know. I mean, unless you use some sub-human level tactics to grow a dick on that female fetus.

(Kidding. Figured I'd take shots at her with her bigotry.)

F

Franks

Threw in some feedback, but only after a glance and reading other suggestions so far. I'll be giving it a deeper look, but I'm a bit surprised by the atmosphere I've seen projected in the thread. Let's use the moment that the noob lord over here made to get some clean air (luv u noobsaleh).

My biggest thing is that it seems like some criticism in this might have been taken without a grain of salt or cinnamon, whatever. As someone who's worked (albeit not until recently, where I'd taken a few months of a break) on a submission, there's really no bad advice even if you've had all the staff-lords review it. Even the might Savin, Analmander Overlord, could miss a section. There's a few moments where people pointed out spelling errors, so putting the thing through the spell-check/grammar check tool could be a good investment of your time. And maybe make it a bit easier to navigate if possible with the table of contents on the side? It's not too bad, but it did make going through the document a bit cheesy (for lack of a nice word for 'fucked') at times.

Going to get a deeper read on this hopefully soon, however, and provide some more feedback for a fellow all-human writer. Or not. I mean... natural herms are pretty much super rare in terms of natural birth. So... you know. I mean, unless you use some sub-human level tactics to grow a dick on that female fetus.

(Kidding. Figured I'd take shots at her with her bigotry.)

How would I add a table of contents? I'm not too familiar with gdocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.