[~CODED~] [Finished] Riya the U.G.C. officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Basically, it's done by adding blurbs between sections like "Talk" for all of her dialogue at one stage, then using the dropdown menu that says "Normal text" and setting it to a title. See my doc for Jaeger (click here. It's not meant to advertise him, but it's the most handy example I have) for examples. At the top of his document, I used the features to add a table of contents, but the outline of the GDOC on the left allows someone to easily jump from scene-to-scene.

F

Franks

Basically, it's done by adding blurbs between sections like "Talk" for all of her dialogue at one stage, then using the dropdown menu that says "Normal text" and setting it to a title. See my doc for Jaeger (click here. It's not meant to advertise him, but it's the most handy example I have) for examples. At the top of his document, I used the features to add a table of contents, but the outline of the GDOC on the left allows someone to easily jump from scene-to-scene.
Thanks, I'll try that.

In other news, I am still plugging through an oral scene for Riya, I'm just a very slow writer.

Reactions: Gamepapa

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
God, and it's not just this character either. Any NPC or plot element can be made controversial and forced to walk a fine line between realism, squick, and fappability. And for a lot of us, the first two can easily trump the third, and vice versa. But ultimately, it doesn't matter. Like if Fen didn't choose to change the Treatment, what would you guys have done? Probably complain until the end of TiTS' development, but it still wouldn't have changed anything. I mean, it's not like you'd have stopped playing.
And here we have an AAA-class disaster recipe because you can only feed as much bullshit before your players can't take any more. And Treatment, even in a current shape, is putting bullshit-o-meter of players who are not into this particular extreme and gross fetish far into the yellow zone. Actually, I did stop once the source is closed since messing with game's insides was the major part of what made it interesting for me.

Reactions: Coalsack

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That's just it, though. For every person that has such a problem with "something" that they change the game's code, there's at least two that actually enjoy that "something". Not that there aren't many people in between, I'm just saying.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
For every person that has such a problem with "something" that they change the game's code
No, actually. My personal build was only with my current project(s). It's just a perspective to look from.
there's at least two that actually enjoy that "something".
Something tells me that neither of us has any actual numbers. But TiTS is positioned as "generic" game without targeting at the specific audience.
Not that there aren't many people in between, I'm just saying.
And this is where I'll completely disagree. Mindbreak is called extreme fetish because you either have it or not. If not, it feels gross. Little to no middle ground. And, returning to the topic, being slapped on the face (metaphorically or literally) is quite a niche thing too. And this is exactly how this whole character feels. "I'll slap you as much as I want and get out with it."

Reactions: Coalsack
F

Franks

I don't think writers should be obligated to write a way to beat an otherwise "untouchable" character if they don't want to. It happens in games and movies all the time. Where someone does something to the protagonist and you're just like "wtf I'd kick their ass!". Even in triple A titles. It's intentional, for effect, and not an oversight.

I mean, it'd be nice to have lots of choices, but it's a common thing, especially in smut, where the protagonist has some degree of helplessness. Remember the CoC Prisoner mod? So if you don't like helpless/submissive content, just don't proc it?

Don't misunderstand; it's totally unrealistic, yeah. But if Franks doesn't want to write out a path that tickles your boners just right, then he doesn't have to, and all the discussion in the world isn't going to change his mind.

God, and it's not just this character either. Any NPC or plot element can be made controversial and forced to walk a fine line between realism, squick, and fappability. And for a lot of us, the first two can easily trump the third, and vice versa. But ultimately, it doesn't matter. Like if Fen didn't choose to change the Treatment, what would you guys have done? Probably complain until the end of TiTS' development, but it still wouldn't have changed anything. I mean, it's not like you'd have stopped playing.

Let's keep the concerns constructive, like grammar and spelling.

jwMLfAj.jpg

Reactions: JDeko and Gamepapa

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Franks: What?

Something tells me that neither of us has any actual numbers.
Please, my 2:1 ratio is conservative. I mean think about it. You'd need to have enough motivation to want to do it in the first place, enough programming knowledge to do it in the first place, clone the repository, actually figure out how to do it and then do it, and finally compile it all in Flash, which is needlessly expensive and slightly above average in difficulty to pirate.

And before you say it's not that hard, please first think about how stupid the average person is, then about how stupid the average person online is, and finally about how half of all people are even stupider than that. Not to mention that intelligence aside, some tech things just escape an otherwise smart person.

And this is where I'll completely disagree. Mindbreak is called extreme fetish because you either have it or not.
No dude, I'm saying that some would people love Fetish A, and some people would hate it enough to the point where they'd go out of their way to change any code they have access to in order to change/circumvent said Fetish A. But most people would be "in between" in the sense that they just wouldn't care either way nor over what would ultimately happen with Fetish A.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
This whole thing is.

;^) kidding

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Damn I will remember that day when Capt. Shitpost been fool'd by Capt. Jack Spa....ummmm Cpt. Franks ^^

So Franks does this work you done here was sent already to been slaughte...errr revieved by higher powers or you still preparing to do this?

F

Franks

Damn I will remember that day when Capt. Shitpost been fool'd by Capt. Jack Spa....ummmm Cpt. Franks ^^

So Franks does this work you done here was sent already to been slaughte...errr revieved by higher powers or you still preparing to do this?

It's marked finished, but I don't think anyone has started coding it yet.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well naturaly it need to be seen by main dev/one of devs. Well let pray it will not make that person reviewing it reject it right away.

F

Franks

Well naturaly it need to be seen by main dev/one of devs. Well let pray it will not make that person reviewing it reject it right away.
Savin/Adjatha already took a look at it. I mean to bug Fen about it as well, just not during the holidays.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Shitpost aside I'm not sure what Sei was trying to tell me.

F

Franks

Shitpost aside I'm not sure what Sei was trying to tell me.

Several things. Firstly that you've just been good feelings and butt pleased. Secondly that you are an upstanding citizen who should go drink a glass of coca-cola. Thirdly that you probably have a fetish, but she'll refrain from inquiry because that would be rude. Fourth, that you're very happy all the time and it's extremely easy to get along with you.

And last but not least, that you like to drink water from a water bottle after running for a few miles because you care about your fitness.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well since Savin seen it and not year barge in here to tell it's...uter crap then it might be matte rof time Fen see it too and 'probably' give green light to add this to evergrowing pile of stuff to code:smuggo:

F

Franks

Well since Savin seen it and not year barge in here to tell it's...uter crap then it might be matte rof time Fen see it too and 'probably' give green light to add this to evergrowing pile of stuff to code:smuggo:

Savin and Adjatha both went over it and told me they see nothing wrong with it. The final word is Fenoxo's, of course, I'm just going to wait until we're out of the holidays before I bug him about it.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I recommend sending him an email. He will review them when he's good and ready to, so there's no outstanding reason to not.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Reviewed. Holy shit I didn't even step into the earlier pages but this thread is dangerously off topic and filled with shit.

To the regulars here - if you can't come into an event submission thread without straying off topic, I will start handing out points toward a ban.

hell lover

Sep 28, 2016
I´ll be honest it seems like Riya is more of an Example of an Asshole with connections than just a Racist (speciest i guess) since she shows the negative way people can act while with power and connections. If she was just a racist it wouldn´t be really that important since racist can exist on every side but when you give them power it goes above that.

It honestly reminds me of that Cop squad somewhere in America that is allowed to practically steal stuff from the citizens that pay the taxes so the squad can exist and when people naturally want to sue or get their items back they have to go through a process where they have to ask the squad themselves if they can be taken to trial. Yea, what a wonderful idea let´s make a judging system where you have to ask the lawbreaker if you could sue him or take him to trial.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Congrats on this Franks. Now just wait till 4th January and more than backers will enjoy her. Hopefully she will be more loved than Dr. Badger ;)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Fen simply codes a piece of content and world peace is established, at least in this thread.

Now imagine what we're capable of. Through dick, unity.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Congratulations Franks.

That said will there be more content with non-humans and Riya ? or does it end after the "shock" event?

F

Franks

Congratulations Franks.

That said will there be more content with non-humans and Riya ? or does it end after the "shock" event?

Right now I'm trying to decide how to write a way to get her off Tavros; my intention is not to remove her from the game with this expac, just to get her out of the starter area.

Obviously, this character has caused a lot of contention. While it's equally obvious that I have no problem dealing with that, that was not my intention. I wrote Riya because I had an idea that I liked, and I decided to explore it. If you don't believe that - oh well.

Thirdly, I intend to be the only person who writes content for Riya(Or at least, have veto power for anyone else who writes for her), given the nature of the internet and people on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.