Your joys with CoC II

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I am going to say my joy is how the community has evolved
I am as old as mud and have been hanging around like a fart trapped in a duvet since COC1 was being developed
Back then much of the discourse was dominated by a vocal minority of : I identify as an attack helicopter; I can't listen to you, listening is for the weak; I must be able to rape all things without consequence; screamaholics.
I consider they are why the 3 most hated characters in COC1 are the straight male trio of Raphael, Jasun & Kelt.
The insecurities of this demographic prevented any exploration of what the community found attractive in a hetero male
But over time a wider range of content was created, drawing in a wider range of people including this group's kryptonite "women"
I remember punching the air and whooping [so unlike my normal reserved gentlemanly approach] when a member wrote something in praise of the ascetics of cock and was roundly attacked by many as "gay" only sweep such silliness away with these 5 simple words "But I am a girl"
Since then this has become a much more tolerant and inclusive community, which intern has allowed the writers the freedom create a much more broadly appealing product, which we all benefit from.

So just give the writers a small ripple of applause thank you.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I am as old as mud and have been hanging around like a fart trapped in a duvet since COC1.
I just want to say that this is probably the best thing I've heard all day. And yikes, based on that description I'm glad I wasn't involved with the community back then. Granted I was waaaaay more shy about the topic of sex and also pretending to be a boy because I was terrified of what would happen if people found out lol. I'm very glad to hear and see that the community has very much moved away from that.

Honestly this game has recently inspired me to start working on my own text game in this style. It's... still very much in the planning because I'm stubborn about using C# and not sure what to build it in because Windows Forms is too limiting and Unity is a lot of unnecessary power for such a project. But hey, it's had that much of an impact on me.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
based on that description I'm glad I wasn't involved with the community back then. Granted I was waaaaay more shy about the topic of sex and also pretending to be a boy because I was terrified of what would happen if people found out lol. I'm very glad to hear and see that the community has very much moved away from that.
Well, I've been around for that long as well and I don't remember the situation being like that. Rather, I do remember the ones that wrote for gay characters telling you every day that they were gay and so were their characters and oh this is gay gayness. And no one ever had any issues with yours truly being a female.
CoC 2 has yet to include a male I like, smut wise. But this is not what the thread is for, so that's all I'll say about the matter.

As for CoC... Jasun was a jerk, Kelt was a mysoginistic jerk and Raphael was a poor womanising jerk. And they all forced the Champion to tailor to their body shapes. Which, in a transformation-heavy game in which you could take you a long time to craft the Champion of your dreams, was a big no-no for many.

Last edited:

DJ_Arashi_Rora

Jul 19, 2017
Well, I've been around for that long as well and I don't remember the situation being like that. Rather, I do remember the ones that wrote for gay characters telling you every day that they were gay and so were their characters and oh this is gay gayness. And no one ever had any issues with yours truly being a female.
CoC 2 has yet to include a male I like, smut wise. But this is not what the thread is for, so that's all I'll say about the matter.

As for CoC... Jasun was a jerk, Kelt was a mysoginistic jerk and Raphael was a poor womanising jerk. And they all forced the Champion to tailor to their body shapes. Which, in a transformation-heavy game in which you could take you a long time to craft the Champion of your dreams, was a big no-no for many.
Forced TF's? fuck off the edge of my champ's perfectly crafted tits and dick.

Reactions: Majincotton

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
It wasn't that they Raph or Jasun forced you to transform the Champion. Rather, the Champion had to meet and keep a given shape to interact with these two, to the point that you could play CoC and never meet them.
Jasun was only interested in females and herms with a muscle tone of 75 or greater and happened to wear slutty swimwear. As for Raphael, the requirements were even more restrictive.

Similarly, I always felt bad that the only orc in the game was gated when it came to sex scenes, but writer's prerogative, etc!
EDIT: the forum's search system can't find Ro'Gar's name XD

Last edited:
Reactions: ShySquare

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
what do you mean by this?Do non of the NPCs appeal to you because of there looks or content? Or are there other reasons?

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I have but the word of others to go off tho I suspect I should be taking both accounts with grains of salt. Regardless of how it started it seems to have mellowed out and I appreciate the community as it is now.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I suspect I should be taking both accounts with grains of salt. Regardless of how it started it seems to have mellowed out and I appreciate the community as it is now.
Yes to both :)

what do you mean by this?Do non of the NPCs appeal to you because of there looks or content? Or are there other reasons?
Looks and contents. The few ones that appeal to me have large assets or mentions of "hammering" or "cervix hitting" during their penetration scenes, which I dislike for personal reasons. I already discussed the "looks" part on the "gripes" thread.

Then again, the game delivers in other senses (I am particularly fond of the fighting and powers systems - whoever crafted them has (or have, as I take it wasn't a single person task) my sincere praise-, so my main Champion is content with cuddling her way around and keeping libido low enough for the blue balls stat not to proc.

Last edited:

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
To add my voice to "we of the ancient tides and old as dust": Being non-binary, I definitely didn't feel comfortable being out in the early days of the community compared to today where I'll (gently) bap anyone who doesn't use they/them when referring to me. It felt a lot less welcoming back then and any sense of "we love X!" (where x = anyone who wasn't a cis, generally het, dude) was tinged with an extreme amount of fetishism and objectification.

And that's changed a considerable amount since then, and I appreciate it! (Like, there's still the fetish obviously but people are considerably better at separating fiction from real life. For the most part.) So yeah, going to add my voice to "I'm happy with the direction the community has since taken".

Also just... Really appreciate that CoC2 has a lot more variety of content in general, 10/10.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Me reading all this:
HUGS FOR THE HUGS GOD!!!!
WHOLESOME FOR THE WHOLESOME THRONE!!!!
bk_ryn_givhug.png

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I haven't been here very long, mostly just creeping cause I feel like I don't have much to say. but I do enjoy the great discussions and overall positivity on this site. you can hop into a thread and talk about anything with all kinds of interesting people. I'm getting more and comfortable posting here as time goes on.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
I haven't been here very long, mostly just creeping cause I feel like I don't have much to say. but I do enjoy the great discussions and overall positivity on this site. you can hop into a thread and talk about anything with all kinds of interesting people. I'm getting more and comfortable posting here as time goes on.

This is me but on the discord tbh. I feel like I have to have a topic to chime in on which is why this place works a lot better for me

Ilonus

Apr 25, 2021
Bumfuck, Nowhere
Knights of Ryn in a nutshell:

(is cuddling Etheryn in total silence)

"I have only known this cinnamon bun of an elf for ten minutes,"
you proclaim, your gentle gaze resting upon your shy compatriot, "but if anyone of you tries to do any funny business with her, there is no god that has once, is currently, or may yet exist that can fix what I do to you."

Nobody at the Frost Hound, not even the most grizzled-looking patrons, dares challenge your authority. They know, of all people, it was you alone that can fully back up that claim... and then some.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
The Arona pregnancy stuff gives me another thing to love, ty Savin.

I dunno if it's the same for DomArona but I love that your character saw/heard something was wrong with Arona and immediately put their roles to the side to have a real conversation after she asked you to. Always feels nice to see the soft side of the big characters

Reactions: Savin and Paradox01

Kurble

Oct 1, 2015
Honestly the writing quality really surprised me. The sex scenes I was expecting quality going from the writer lineup, but effort has been put into areas I never really thought about in CoC1 or TiTS that make the whole thing more fun and cohesive. All the effort to have companions remark on events or each other, questlines that relate to each other in ways you didn't expect, actual twists in the story I'd feel bad for mentioning. Hell, while there were characters I definitely cared about and enjoyed in the other games, I'm usually enjoying each character even if I'm not interested in their sex content here. Felt dumb for writing off Cait at first for instance, her dialogue and interactions with others are some of the funnest bits of content in the game.

I've also really gotta commend the combat system. People have talked about the quality of the build-making and overall flow to it, but the fact it's so ambitious and yet is so easily readable and comprehensible is insane. I was kinda worried back when CoC2 was first coming out it'd get too messy, but even in its much-more-complicated form now it's still something I enjoy interacting with and theorising builds for (did not expect I'd be staring at stat screens and wiki equipment entries for a game like this, but they did it).

Also, Kasyrra. Absolute triumph of a rival character for reasons everyone already knows, both in terms of being a really fun over-the-top villain, and that kinda-twisted-yet-earnest romance that seems to be able to develop.

Also everyone's pretty hot.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Personally, as someone who loves to complain and criticise stuff, it does kind of bring me twisted joy to just go wild on this games content, old and new. Especially on here. Not only does it help me expand my critical taste in what I like and dislike in this kind of games. It helps me understand game design better, what are limitations of dialogue based content, how much to personalize the player...

And it helps that there is a lot of to scrutinise here. But also a lot to love so it all just does not end up being self flagellation.

And I have to say it, as someone who started following this project since its first build, I do enjoy seeing how far we have gotten to some extent.

Also, Inari Kinu interactions. I enjoy the hardboiled yet caring personality.

Last edited:

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Their motto could be Protecting Ryn's Optimistic Smile, That Adorable Treasured Elf.

She would be smiling, playing, and utterly bored out of her mind without knowing why.

It won't be long until she goes ranging alone to somewhere populated by a bellicose tribe of huge, swole, musky barbarians whose idea of hierarchy revolves around rough, non-consensual rear plowing and verbal abuse, and then "gets caught" after unconsciously fumbling the most basic of stealth checks. Then it'd be Champ's job to go and "save" her. Again. One of these months. Once she's had her fill. And then some.

Y'all think Ryn's a sweet cinnamon roll, when she's the biggest painslut in all the marches. You want to protect that smile? Get outta here! What she really needs is a creative tormentor that doesn't run out of ideas easily.

Last edited:

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
y'see that's the beauty of characters like Ryn, nothing in my run has even suggested that she likes being tormented, teased? sure, fucked silly? absolutely, but being treated like Alissa treated her? absolutely not, Ryn is a character that seems to grow on how you treat her and that's wonderful, like that people who want an absolute painslut can be happy and those who want a sweet elf wife can be happy as well

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I personally like abusing her. It is nice character interactions that we do not really have with any other NPC.
Even if she does not admit it, she enjoys it. If she did not, she would not come back to us.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Finally able to give the v card to characters I actually like and not have it go to Evergreen for the n-th time because I wanted to progress CaitQuest.