Your Gripes With CoC2

Loveless

May 29, 2022
I'd say Agni and Viv (and Atugia) share the same problem (the one that isn't just "lack of content") and that is that they aren't all that useful in combat. Arona shows that just a good set can be enough for people to put you in the party and interact with you and in a limited three companions system both Agni and Viv just don't really have a place. As a healer/buffer Ryn is almost always prefered over Agni and as a "wildcard" Champ can just do Viv's job better.

I feel Agni at-will should have been a team wide spell-blade buff and Viv should have a more reliable damage source other than her Wolf. That way both would have a more defined role in the party.

sarvu2543

Jul 6, 2016
Viv and Agni are written by Balak and B respectively.

Balak is Eternally Punished and Eternally Busy in the coding/writing mines for MSQ it seems. I'm almost certain he will add Viv content down the line, but I think all of the Big Redname writers are all focused on the next leg of the MSQ.

I have no idea what happens with B. They seem to randomly poof for awhile then show back up with a bunch of stuff on their personal projects.

At the very least, It can be said that they will have unique dialogue for MSQ stuff. I Dislike it when our companions don't have vocal opinions about the big story beats that effect the world.
what does MSQ stand for?

sarvu2543

Jul 6, 2016
Now that i think about it, us not healing Rindos scars. I know part of the message the writers want to set out is scars don't substract from peoples beauties and we should love them fro them. But here is my counter point.

While beauty is in the eye of beholder, and we should learn to love ourselves, that doesn't mean we should be forced to love ourselves for things we genuinely want to change. If I had a horrible scar that covered the majority of my face, I would pay top dollar for a good surgeon if it was fixable and had the income.

I know this for I have a friend who absolutely hates her nose, and no amount of talking to about how pretty she is will get her to accept that, one day she actually did fork over the money for Surgey and she's actually been genuinely happier since her nose job. For some people "natural beauty" isn't for everyone.

Maybe i missed a line but it feels safe to say that Rindo does not enjoy her scars and would one hundred percent opt for curing them if she could.

This is a magical world with divines and amazing transformations, I would love it if Rindo expressed her interest in wanting to recover her scar and eye, and we relieve her of them. Maybe a scene where she talks to us about it and brings it up herself.

EDIT

Re read abit and as users pointed out, i was wrong, she said shes content with them, so yeah, but rather than delete and hide my post ill own up to my fuck up xD

Last edited:

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Maybe i missed a line but it feels safe to say that Rindo does not enjoy her scars and would one hundred percent opt for curing them if she could.
Yeah, she discusses it. She's content with how she is and is a better person for how it's shaped her. She does change during a certain occurrence, but the changes maintain what's unique about her. She gets more beautiful and confident, but does not lose the scars.

I agree, that having a blind eye probably isn't a great situation, and she might agree to that, but we know for a fact she didn't want to accept a prosthetic eye (even though she seems 100% certain it would work just as well (if not exactly the same) as the original).

Pezantri

Aug 28, 2023
I'd say Agni and Viv (and Atugia) share the same problem (the one that isn't just "lack of content") and that is that they aren't all that useful in combat. Arona shows that just a good set can be enough for people to put you in the party and interact with you and in a limited three companions system both Agni and Viv just don't really have a place. As a healer/buffer Ryn is almost always prefered over Agni and as a "wildcard" Champ can just do Viv's job better.

I feel Agni at-will should have been a team wide spell-blade buff and Viv should have a more reliable damage source other than her Wolf. That way both would have a more defined role in the party.
Yeah... this is kind of why I want more sets for them. Mostly Viv if I'm being honest, but sets are the clear and obvious way to give them a role in the party.

Reactions: Furiae

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
No prominent oral or anal scenes for Kiyoko. I know they won't get added since she's very focused on procreative sex but this is thread is for gripes so man I wish I could. At least I think there's one scene where she gives you some oral as foreplay but idk if its repeatable, can't even clearly remember what it is.

Reactions: igerasim

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
No prominent oral or anal scenes for Kiyoko. I know they won't get added since she's very focused on procreative sex but this is thread is for gripes so man I wish I could. At least I think there's one scene where she gives you some oral as foreplay but idk if its repeatable, can't even clearly remember what it is.
Enter -> Have Fun -> Hot Springs -> Massage -> Receive

Reactions: A1teros

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Oh so there is a repeatable scene, nice. I thought it might have been her first scene that I was thinking of.

Reactions: igerasim

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
Nah Wynne was a crap companion, awful in a fight.
man, every time I see the name "Wynne" I still throw up in my mouth a little bit. Anyway, I think if he'd ever gotten another set he'd have been fine. I used him a lot when he was around. More than I use Viv now, at least.

For what it's worth, Cait, Brint, and Arona are my top 3. I like Ryn and Quin fine, I never change Brint so idk Brienne, and the rest are just... there for me.
We definitely need some sort of poll voting (most likely on a third party resource) to determine the popularity of the companions.
I feel like the staff probably already has a decent grasp on this, and certainly they're aware which companions need more content, it's just a matter of their authors writing it. Honestly I hope content priority isn't a popularity contest, or Quin will never do anything again :negativeman:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yet you never existed back when he was, only after he was removed
Considering you don't need accs to play the game, it's very likely they aren't talking about on a forum basis.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
Yet you never existed back when he was, only after he was removed
...You've hit a new low in stupid posts, son. Berry was removed in the July 26, 2022 patch, and a quick look at my profile will show I joined here on Jan 7, 2021. So even if we ignore the simple fact Emerald pointed out, this is embarrassing. For what it's worth, I've played on and off since when the Foothills were the only explorable area.

Edit: LMAO I actually joined this forum before you did, this is a lasagna of dumb:gedlaugh:

Last edited:

SylcarenBloodmoon

Aug 3, 2017
Well, I have a new small gripe. This time with Silly mode.

I happen to enjoy 99% of silly mode content. Most of it is just chuckle-worthy enough for me to keep silly mode on most of the time. However, there is one thing from Silly mode that grinds my gears given I like the characters quite a bit. It is the Cat Harem Trio. They get that art and only that poorly drawn stick figure art to be used when you interact with them after giving them their combat gear.

It was amusing the first couple of times... I just want the option to swap to their normal art look after a while like how some characters have swapped art choices. I can't put my finger on why it nags me so much to be honest, but it may just be from enjoying their content in general and then having this one thing pull me out of it every time that grinds my gears.

orange64

Jan 16, 2022
I have two small gripe for the time of weighting this.

Getting Kiyoko can be a pain at times. if your not trying to makes out her tails or fight with the door puzzles. lol

still waiting to see bimbo content for Atugia. let the bimbo be free!~ lol

Estradus

Mar 31, 2018
Once you have more than a handful of abilities the ability selector becomes really awful. I'll admit it being partially my fault; I hoard abilities between trying to build weird builds; using training as a diagetic way to pass time; and playing around with mirror magic has left me with so many abilities and its awful to just find out what I do have and what fun builds I can do with them. Being able to search abilities by keywords would be a lot of help and likely not too hard to impliment - searches like [weapon] or [spell] to narrow down to just abilities with that tag would combine very effectively existing search tools like level; frequency; and class would be very versatile. Theres also the option of a better gui in general but that sounds a lot messier.

I would also really enjoy being able to equip more abilities at once; but I can understand why that isn't an option. It just feels really limiting sometimes.

Content warnings in scenes themselves. Like, I was expecting futa centaur creampies and then. No. Its rimming. I am in hell and I'm forced to just skip through the rest of the post. Thanks for taking my giants armor, lady. The quest isn't even finished; there's no reward; so all I'm left with is horse rimming. Thanks! Thanks.

A way to lock attribute growth during pregnancy. I only want to get so milky and buxom while I turn myself into a broodmother; past a certain point it becomes a turnoff. Maybe something like in flexible survival where with a specific feat your breasts shrink again after a certain size? Could be an effective point of control for your characters.

Last edited:

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Once you have more than a handful of abilities the ability selector becomes really awful. I'll admit it being partially my fault; I hoard abilities between trying to build weird builds; using training as a diagetic way to pass time; and playing around with mirror magic has left me with so many abilities and its awful to just find out what I do have and what fun builds I can do with them. Being able to search abilities by keywords would be a lot of help and likely not too hard to impliment - searches like [weapon] or [spell] to narrow down to just abilities with that tag would combine very effectively existing search tools like level; frequency; and class would be very versatile. Theres also the option of a better gui in general but that sounds a lot messier.

I would also really enjoy being able to equip more abilities at once; but I can understand why that isn't an option. It just feels really limiting sometimes.
in the journal their is actually a bunch filters in the side bar where the character portraits usually go that let you filter by class, type and level. And at the top of that side bar you can just type in the name or description or even just the tags of whatever skill you are looking for.

Estradus

Mar 31, 2018
in the journal their is actually a bunch filters in the side bar where the character portraits usually go that let you filter by class, type and level. And at the top of that side bar you can just type in the name or description or even just the tags of whatever skill you are looking for.
It doesn't filter by tags though - that is the problem. It filters classes; levels; ability frequency; etc; and you can search for words that are in the name and description of the ability; But not the tags. The current search tools are sufficient for if you already know what ability you want; but if you're looking just to see what weapon skills or what spells or etc you have to finish up your build its very frusterating.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It doesn't filter by tags though - that is the problem. It filters classes; levels; ability frequency; etc; and you can search for words that are in the name and description of the ability; But not the tags. The current search tools are sufficient for if you already know what ability you want; but if you're looking just to see what weapon skills or what spells or etc you have to finish up your build its very frusterating.
Noted.

Reactions: Furiae and Kesil

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
You're right, I should've checked that better. And I agree the search bar should include the tags.

Estradus

Mar 31, 2018
How about this as a slight balance on adding more abilities in battle: make stances and at-will abilities seperate. There are a lot of abilities that would be useful if not for the fact that stances exist - why take something that generates threat once when you can take guarded stance? Etc. Between the two there are a lot of abilities and stances I might never use because my build needs a specific stance or ability to be viable. Maybe it could also be possible to choose multiple stances and switch between them; to give a little bit more versatility in combat and switch up your playstyle slightly in an emergency without having to reload.

A very minor Gripe to add: the way the clock spins backwards to go back to midnight is distracting and noticeable; is there a way to make it loop instead?

PudgyElderGod

Dec 28, 2020
How about this as a slight balance on adding more abilities in battle: make stances and at-will abilities seperate.
IIRC that's a pretty common suggestion, and one I would love to see. Pretty sure the Devs veto'd that one though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see WolframL pop up with a link to some post or another confirming so.

Reactions: Colaymorak