Your Gripes With CoC2

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Eh... TFs here (CoC2) are just cosmetic for the most part.
A small interaction based on your race here and there, but nothing big.
There's other things like the flight, and TiTS helps that feature by giving access to a jetpack which I use because jetpacks are awesome.
Jetpack gang!

Man, I miss playing TiTS.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean Kitsune tails have scene acknowledge them, the slutty things they are.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
I really wish Stances were separated from At-Will abilities so they form their own slot. Making them activate automatically was a step in the right direction but it still feels like a weird tradeoff to choose a stance over a more powerful ability.
I might consider using a non stance, at will ability if they finally add some good ones. Seriously, I'm not using Fading Strike or whatever even on my Thief when Earthward is so strong.
In the topic of combat, I don't like how bad debuffs(esp stuffs like def down) feels here, since enemies can have multiple turns in a round and debuffs that we inflict last based on turns so it gets expired real quick
There is a Level 7 Thief Perk that doubles the durations of debuffs you inflict but that is quite a bit into the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: valkyr42

Afier

Sep 4, 2015
In the topic of combat, I don't like how bad debuffs(esp stuffs like def down) feels here, since enemies can have multiple turns in a round and debuffs that we inflict last based on turns so it gets expired real quick
Yep. I was making this point all the way back when the Glacial Rift was being implemented because it was one of the many reasons people weren't having diverse parties (another was that resolve damage and health damage essentially competed with each other). The various defense down debuffs are only relevant if every member of the party can use it, otherwise one of the many enemies that get three actions per round will clear the debuff before it can be used.

blazikenowen

Oct 20, 2018
Its gonna be a long one

Lack of ability to corrupt people when the first coc had it all over and the fact you can just straight up bad end easily with 100 corruption

but some other gripes is some characters seem somewhat out of place especially without corruption options for example the merc leader if I remember her name rightly jenevive shes great the merc role works well but the issue arises when she is ultimately simping for a apparently super strong dude who appears once to beat up the champion because shes crying because we beat her 5 times and even after we battle her and do whatever with her she never changes we can't even corrupt her into changing the one she worships and into removing her belt something that in coc1 would be possible

Theres shar who I do like but while we can make her confident and lusty can only be lusty in sanders place of worship which to me also feels out of place especially considering the tower she lives in makes the perfect place for her to be lewd and even corruptable but its never done instead shes chaste there its wierdly out of place

The kiyoko/kinu content feels super out of place feels like its meant for another setting other the coc2s setting mostly from kinus side where it removes alot of agency from the character at certain points

for instance kinu hime hates you for something keros seemingly did (10 year time gap) and gets with someone who even after her engagement to them seems to want to behead them and when its brought up you are basically told you never mattered by your "wife" and kinu hime basically tells you I dispise you and like my fiancee talking shit about you

It feels out of place especially because coc2 has a world based around the fantasy of the player so for it to go oh you don't matter and this character despises you for releasing them and there mother and you have no way to prevent them hating you or having any option towards the engagement (even if its just options to support or go against the engagement for your daughter to go with the engagement regardless) removes agency even though we had it pre freeing them but also just throws you into the whole you ultimately meant nothing other then a sperm donator role even though through the story before it you had the role of a loving father who would move the world for kinu and kiyoko to free them the writing to it all is great but just feels like it was meant for a whole different setting post freeing kinu and kiyo

also you know the whole beheading thing from memory coc1 didn't ever have you just straight up slaughtered never mind beheaded and if it did it was only a bad end and never mentioned after a fight and the only time killing was mentioned in coc1 was literally killing demons (because basically had to to save world) or life and death battles which even after had the option to do something other then murder

With the guy trying to behead you there is no life and death battle or need for beheading its just there for this npc who apparently wants to just slaughter the pc for going through the den to free kiyoko and yet if you have the necklace of union he just beheads you for bad end because he beat you and even when its all done with he still wants to when your none hostile

Just feels out of place

Those examples are just a few most npcs are great and feel perfectly fine its just the few and far between the bigger ond being the kiyoko/kinu stuff

Mind this is just my at current gripes after starting to play coc2 again after along time the last version I played had kiyoko and kinus story pretty early development and the snake girl in it but we couldn't even meet evergreen that was 5.something 5.1.3 maybe and after going through all all the content up to beating ice demon quest talking with most npcs and other stuff these are just things that popped up for

Also I will say with the who kinu/kiyoko issues for me it could be easily sorted with giving kinu a middle ground adult form partially inari and partially hime along with adding more agency in the story of it (maybe add the ability to reduce the 10 year time gap via a quest or item and also have the ability to talk to kiyoko regarding culture pre freeing where you can choose if to go with kiyokos arranged marriage culture or to argue kinu and other kits should be able to choose of there own accord) also maybe have nakano I think his name was be alot less hostile after freeing kiyoko kinu and kits no matter the kinu version thats just my two cents on that its all well written just some of it (especially nakanos needless hostility to the pc given hes seemingly not corrupted at all) seems out of place

I think some of my issues with things feeling out of place come mainly down to the fact of coc1s setting and way it is compared to coc2 where its more story focused over coc1s more sandbox nature the fact most npcs can't be corrupted where coc 1 most could feels like it should be in another game over a game named corruption of champions if theres barely any corrupting it doesn't really fit the name of the game

If anything the huge lack of being able to corrupt npcs makes it feel like some kind of prequel to t.i.t.s just with corruption and demons instead of well space

TL: DR lack of ability to corrupt npcs especially given coc1 and name of the game and some npcs and npcs atory feeling out of place also full corruption basically kills you if you lose a fight

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
If I have to see "the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long" one more time, I'm gonna lose it (looking at you, the Observer)
What is this referring to? I tend to speed read whenever I see anything TOBS related in the game (sorry, not sorry).

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Oh I enjoy the lady marefolk Shaman. Just a shame the bimbo personality is included in the content. I know some writers don't include all 3(?) personalities but it does make the champ inconsistent throughout the game when that happens.

QuedzaDrake

Sep 8, 2017
Oh I enjoy the lady marefolk Shaman. Just a shame the bimbo personality is included in the content. I know some writers don't include all 3(?) personalities but it does make the champ inconsistent throughout the game when that happens.
Fun Fact! (and a gripe)
excluding Tetsuya and Takahiro, there are ZERO bimbo interactions or dialogue on the entire Kitsune Tree!
and these two are an exception because they are from other writers...
so... next time you are there remember you and a bimbo have the exact same dialogue...
like... i know the main thing is if you are the champion of Keros or not but even a bimbo champion of keros has ZERO changes and that annoys me

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
The combat mechanics page poorly explains some of the bonuses of the game, such as what a catalyst means, doesn't explain it at all such as crit bonus, and even includes out of date info such as resolve.

Tiffye

Jul 17, 2023
What is this referring to?
It's a phrase I've seen at least a handful of times in different scenes. basically to say they came fast and furious hard.
I tend to speed read whenever I see anything TOBS related in the game (sorry, not sorry).
I'm definitely with you there, at least as of late. I was trying to make a list of how many times I saw it but now I can't really be bothered and just skim

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
I'll chime in here too with a more concrete writer-gripe that hopefully won't be too pointed.

Let me start by saying I enjoy the Tobs content when in the right mood. It just happens to be rare. More often, I tend to brush through his work for the primary reason that it tends to be very non-spontaneous in feel, as well as in my opinion being quite dry and clinical compared to other writing styles present in the game. Combine that with the general verboseness of the scenes, an overreliance on idioms and other often pointlessly wordy expressions, and it just sort of ruins that fun, whirlwind-y sexiness that I enjoy personally. You wouldn't think that combination of complaints would be possible together, but they are in this case. Anything that's not dry is an idiom of excess verbiage.

The ideas are good, it's the execution that I myself find less than sexy. Hopefully that doesn't upset anyone too much. This is simply my opinion, I'll remind everyone. lol

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The combat mechanics page poorly explains some of the bonuses of the game, such as what a catalyst means, doesn't explain it at all such as crit bonus, and even includes out of date info such as resolve.
We'll be fixing that when we're sure the very last (major) combat mechanics changes are in place!

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I also have trouble with Tobs scenes but for a different reason that kinda applies to everything else in the game too. Having played through the game so many times since there's occasionally new content that might pop up before a point I've already passed, I've just read most of scenes a bunch by now. I find myself growing more cynical when reviewing something I finished and enjoyed previously so it's definitely suffering from that, I remember enjoying them so much the first time around. They suffer a little more than some other content in that sense because they're long but at first, that was a bonus as it meant more content. That's the nature of an updating game like this but it also means I have to examine if I'm being critical because it's lacking or critical because I've just worn through the content.

Reactions: Alypia

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
After helping Eryka get her vagina back you can't even have sex with it.
Because her writer left a few years ago, and the only person interested in continuing any of his projects writes exclusively for TiTS.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'll chime in here too with a more concrete writer-gripe that hopefully won't be too pointed.

Let me start by saying I enjoy the Tobs content when in the right mood. It just happens to be rare. More often, I tend to brush through his work for the primary reason that it tends to be very non-spontaneous in feel, as well as in my opinion being quite dry and clinical compared to other writing styles present in the game. Combine that with the general verboseness of the scenes, an overreliance on idioms and other often pointlessly wordy expressions, and it just sort of ruins that fun, whirlwind-y sexiness that I enjoy personally. You wouldn't think that combination of complaints would be possible together, but they are in this case. Anything that's not dry is an idiom of excess verbiage.

The ideas are good, it's the execution that I myself find less than sexy. Hopefully that doesn't upset anyone too much. This is simply my opinion, I'll remind everyone. lol
I still shake my head anytime I replay Winter Wolf. It's just so overdramatic and unsexy.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Since masturbation was mentioned by Savin over in the "What content would you like added" thread, I think I might as well bring up this gripe. I don't like that most of the masturbation options (with the exception of Double Cock and Big Balls, which were the two masturbation scenes not written by Tobs or SKoW, having instead been written by QuestyRobo) cause the Champ to immediately fall asleep after. If I wanted to have my champ sleep after shoving her fingers and/or her fist (one of my champs has access to the fist variation?) into her pussy, I'd rather be able to masturbate then choose to sleep rather than be forced asleep. It's weird.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Since masturbation was mentioned by Savin over in the "What content would you like added" thread, I think I might as well bring up this gripe. I don't like that most of the masturbation options (with the exception of Double Cock and Big Balls, which were the two masturbation scenes not written by Tobs or SKoW, having instead been written by QuestyRobo) cause the Champ to immediately fall asleep after. If I wanted to have my champ sleep after shoving her fingers and/or her fist (one of my champs has access to the fist variation?) into her pussy, I'd rather be able to masturbate then choose to sleep rather than be forced asleep. It's weird.
We must be stroking/fisting ourselves really really hard?

1689708449954.png

Loveless

May 29, 2022
I still shake my head anytime I replay Winter Wolf. It's just so overdramatic and unsexy.
I mean, it's pretty hard to make mass murder sexy. I'd say the problem is, is how unceremoniously it is info-dumped on you. And you don't even get to have a meaningful reaction at the end, it's literally the same reply whatever you pick. My one big gripe with Tobs's writing is, is how spineless he writes the Champ; this is at it's worst specificaly when it comes to Hethia.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I mean, it's pretty hard to make mass murder sexy. I'd say the problem is, is how unceremoniously it is info-dumped on you. And you don't even get to have a meaningful reaction at the end, it's literally the same reply whatever you pick. My one big gripe with Tobs's writing is, is how spineless he writes the Champ; this is at it's worst specificaly when it comes to Hethia.
The way I played it was that since Hethia liked to listen to herself talk, my PC just took advantage of that to get her to release everybody and fuck off.

Reactions: valkyr42

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Honestly even after I beat her up I avoid having sex with her. The Champ just constantly monologueing about how "Hethia is not actually bad really I promise" really got old quick. And her bow return dialogue has the most baffling writing desicion I have ever seen ever.