Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
In my opinion it seems majority of the clothing and armor is written for women.

How, exactly? I mean, certainly an argument can be made in regards to the underwear on offer, but over 2/3s of armor and clothing would be considered unisex.

This is particularly true of the armor on offer, since judging by their description most of them are practical armors, not fantasy boobplate, with the obvious exceptions of things like the Mail Bikini.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Most items seem to be made with a female character in mind in terms of describing it as "revealing" or similar, but that didn't stop me putting Kunoichi suit on my very male Kitsune thief. I just figure he adjusts it a little bit to be more "ninja" suit than specifically "female ninja" suit. My Orc meanwhile quite enjoys his Royal Leathers, I figure the skimpy bits there as per the tag are just to show off his bulging muscles and bulging... bits to show off when using Dominance on his next hapless fuckpet.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
Nah I'm not complaining or anything you won't catch me bitching about a game I'm playing for free and the fact that the incubus item is cum is the reason I'm not using it

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Most items seem to be made with a female character in mind in terms of describing it as "revealing" or similar, but that didn't stop me putting Kunoichi suit on my very male Kitsune thief. I just figure he adjusts it a little bit to be more "ninja" suit than specifically "female ninja" suit. My Orc meanwhile quite enjoys his Royal Leathers, I figure the skimpy bits there as per the tag are just to show off his bulging muscles and bulging... bits to show off when using Dominance on his next hapless fuckpet.

That‘s true to an extent, at least in regards to some of the light armor, but that still only amounts about 1/3 of the armor on offer. That’s hardly ‘most items’.

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
Ok let ! me clear up what I was saying, a lot of the transformations will turn you into a female grow boobs etc, was trying to transform into a manticore then bam the mc got boobs then I tried salamander and the boobs struck again lol. I'm not complaining or trying to force the creators to change their hard work I'm just pointing it out because I don't understand how salamanders and manticore are female only races not trying to start anything.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Ok let ! me clear up what I was saying, a lot of the transformations will turn you into a female grow boobs etc, was trying to transform into a manticore then bam the mc got boobs then I tried salamander and the boobs struck again lol. I'm not complaining or trying to force the creators to change their hard work I'm just pointing it out because I don't understand how salamanders and manticore are female only races not trying to start anything.

Well, Manticores are all all either females or hermaphrodites in the setting, so there is no getting around that with their transformative. You can just take some Wild Melon infused Blue Eggs to shrink them back down though.

As for the Salamander transformatives, you really shouldn’t be getting them if your gender alignment is masculine/gender preference is male, but honestly I’m not entirely sure they’re all working correctly, particularly the Corrupt Salamander transformative sold by Nash.

Lastly, for the Incubus transformation, either bite the bullet and drink the cum, or just use the save editor to give your champ the associated demonic features if it’s really that much of an issue for you :rolleyes:

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
That‘s true to an extent, at least in regards to some of the light armor, but that still only amounts about 1/3 of the armor on offer. That’s hardly ‘most items’.
Fine, "most unique armor" then, there's a few very notable exceptions (Conqueror's Breastplate, Tiran Paladin Plate) and one very unique example where you get either the Tiran Nun Habit or the Tiran Vestment, altering depending on your gender, which personally I appreciate but when that was brought up last time there was at least one femboy player unhappy about not getting some sexy nun wear so... I guess you can't please everybody, lol.

For the most part Heavy armors are fairly gender neutral, but that pretty much means tanks in this game, which is part of what led to me making almost all my male characters tanks and my female characters light armor DPS types. Which feels like an artificial shift.

Reactions: Zeus101

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Fine, "most unique armor" then, there's a few very notable exceptions (Conqueror's Breastplate, Tiran Paladin Plate) and one very unique example where you get either the Tiran Nun Habit or the Tiran Vestment, altering depending on your gender, which personally I appreciate but when that was brought up last time there was at least one femboy player unhappy about not getting some sexy nun wear so... I guess you can't please everybody, lol.

For the most part Heavy armors are fairly gender neutral, but that pretty much means tanks in this game, which is part of what led to me making almost all my male characters tanks and my female characters light armor DPS types. Which feels like an artificial shift.

If we’re talking about light armor uniques specifically, yeah that’s true, there isn’t a lot of variety there. I only brought it up because applying that statement to all the armor/clothing available is a rather absurd exaggeration.

That said, I’m a shameless save editor who tends to add in Cait’s Hexblade Leathers on my black mage character, and then just ignore the description of it, imagining it to look like CoC2-flavored Witcher armor on him.

Edit: Truthfully, my issue with the available armor is that the heavy armor uniques are all so samey. With the exception of the Dragonscale they’ve all been breastplates so far, which I find mildly irksome. I mean, why not some chainmail, or maybe some Belharan laminar armor, rather than the same armor piece with slightly different stats over and over.

Last edited:

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
Well, Manticores are all all either females or hermaphrodites in the setting, so there is no getting around that with their transformative. You can just take some Wild Melon infused Blue Eggs to shrink them back down though.

As for the Salamander transformatives, you really shouldn’t be getting them if your gender alignment is masculine/gender preference is male, but honestly I’m not entirely sure they’re all working correctly, particularly the Corrupt Salamander transformative sold by Nash.

Lastly, for the Incubus transformation, either bite the bullet and drink the cum, or just use the save editor to give your champ the associated demonic features if it’s really that much of an issue for you :rolleyes:
Corrupt Salamander?

Zackflame

Mar 21, 2022
How, exactly? I mean, certainly an argument can be made in regards to the underwear on offer, but over 2/3s of armor and clothing would be considered unisex.

This is particularly true of the armor on offer, since judging by their description most of them are practical armors, not fantasy boobplate, with the obvious exceptions of things like the Mail Bikini.
First, what I meant to say was that the majority of light armor and clothing seems to be written for female as that is how I imagine them when ever I read the description. As for heavy armor I tend not to wear them so I have little to talk about them.

Also correct me if am wrong but it seems the game lacks full body armor or is just me not reading them well.

Last edited:

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Also correct me if am wrong but it seems the game lacks full body armor or is just me not reading them well.
Since head, hands and feet are different slots, there is no single armor that covers you from head to toe. The equippment in the "armor" slot only covers the torso and presumably the thighs as well.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
First, what I meant to say was that the majority of light armor and clothing seems to be written for female as that is how I imagine them when ever I read the description. As for heavy armor I tend not to wear them so I have little to talk about them.

It’s arguably true of the unique light armors but that’s really it. Heavy armor is pretty much entirely unisex, non-unique light armors are largely unisex, and there are a number of unisex or masculine options with clothing as well.

As for full body armor, that’s true. I think the only examples are Arona’s Chieftain’s Bronze set and the Panoply of the Holy City armor offered as reward from LumiaQuest, as those are the only sets described as being suits of plate armor.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
If I recall correctly, the femboy player was mostly unhappy that they didn't get to choose. Like, having something like "You find a..." and then having the choice between the nun habit or the vestment would make it better for them. It's good to have differing aesthetics, but making it a gender lock (even if only on acquiry, since a female character turned male can still have the nun suit) is rather annoying.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
One gripe I have is that for the salamander eye color in the tf is locked to gold when lore wise there's other color eyes naturally even if rarer and some npc salamander have non gold eyes (or even non black sclara)

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
Is it? I think I heard somewhere that it was confirmed it's happening this May, but I might also be misremembering it.
Nope. The last word from him directly was "soon", which in game dev language could mean any time between now and the end of next year.

• Sad
Reactions: Loveless

WuskoKyne

May 10, 2023
I have several gripes with CoC2 but i overlook them cause i love this game for the story and the....well everyone knows what I was gonna say anyways.

Gripe numero 1.) Upon visting Cassia and Rina. (Keep in mind that in my playthrough i did not allow Brint to be turned into Brienne) Cassia's nameplate refrences Brint as Brienne and not Brint. This had me panicking thinking that i hadn't properly stopped the armor from changing my big bull boy into a woman

Gripe number 2.) If you are going to let Brint be bisexual and allow himself to be topped by a male champion the bit about disliking all cocks should be removed as it ruins the MxM experience.

Gripe / also a suggestion 3.) Please add more gay romances. And even allow companions like Brint to be married.

And that's pretty much the end of my gripes about the game. Something else that kinda gets under my skin is not being able to set other companions other than Daliza as a Wayfort bedmate.

Okay that truly is the end of my gripes. I also hope I'm not the only gay guy out there playing this game that has fallen head over heels for Brint and hope there are changes to his character that add a more fleshed out MxM Romance between Male Champion and Brint of Khor'minos

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Vitra already...has pregnancy. She's not going to get pregnant because she doesn't have a vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.