Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Ryn quest 2 was an incredible piece of work, very well done. My favorite aspect was delving into the lore and world building to really paint a cohesive and sizable world. I also love that it gives much more insight into what the world was like before everything went to shit and the characterization for Daliza and to a lesser extent Alyssa. The quest also does a great job of taking some of the decisions you've made over the course of the game such as aquiring ashelander, accepting the barony from Ryn, starting a relationship with Liv, and doing the whole Lumia quest and has them add so much more context and depth to it all. This was one of my favorite reads from this game in a while and I can definitely appreciate the effort put in.

I will gripe though because I feel that I must. I think balak missed Bezerkergang with the nerf hammer because that ult is still fucking absurd. Arona just one shot the entire final bossfight twice. I feel like that's not supposed to happen.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Most of the Mirror Stance move steal lockouts are temporary. Many moves only accessible by mirror initially get added to one trainer or another (or to a tome) after a few months' worth of patches.
I know but even when this game is finally released and it's not as much of an issue to get abilities I feel like a new player pretty much just equips it and never takes it off, certainly that's how I treat all new content why would you ever take it off once you've got it if you just want to keep getting new abilities.

It feels to mandatory for me, to much of a nuisance. It's not exactly a game breaker, just something that annoys me.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
My only gripe with Ryn guest was I followed the advice and took Arona with us. I didnt want Alissa killed, I always wanted to sex her since first meeting her but taking Arona takes away that choice, redoing with other saves w/out Arona let me arrest Alissa. So my main save/champion got Alissa killed and missed out on get Daliza's ring.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

waterpanther7

Jan 28, 2021
My only gripe with Ryn guest was I followed the advice and took Arona with us. I didnt want Alissa killed, I always wanted to sex her since first meeting her but taking Arona takes away that choice, redoing with other saves w/out Arona let me arrest Alissa. So my main save/champion got Alissa killed and missed out on get Daliza's ring.
Do you mean daliza's family ring?

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
Funnily enough, I actually went through the Dracia quest with only the MC, Ryn, and Daliza on my first run, Beat everything except the Alyssa boss fight with phase 2. It wasn't until I paid attention the 2nd time that I realized that Ryn and Daliza were mandatory and I could choose another party member. Ended up bringing Cait with her Hex Blade set and blew through everything with a little bit of Mirror Stance for the Golem, In terms of context, I didn't mind going with myself when it came to Ryn using her dick on me. In my eyes, It was the first she'd get to use after all that she'd suffered from Alyssa. It was a very special occasion that I didn't mind losing my butt virginity for. I guess it's a mind thing or I equate it to something like Cait giving you her first time with her butt if you keep her safe until you find her dad and do not lose to specific enemies.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Thoughts and Gripes about RynQuest!
So this mission honestly, feels like the first or second draft of the quest design concept, which it's early access so it might as well be. There's a lot of exposition in this one and it's not done in an interesting way, I don't personally enjoy being talked at rather than being talked with. There aren't many if any moments for roleplay (there's that one check Willpower check but otherwise you're on rails). This one just ain't for me.

Values for combat and Exploration need to be rebalanced; the enemies are pushovers and I play Dark and was lvl6, they constantly drop healing supplies so I can't even say it was tense or dramatic due to resource management. Lots of Unique loot to acquire and they appeal to mixed classes so they're good for variety. Not sure if it's a bug but the Millania reference Dragon Knight did not appear in my jail at Wayford even tho I captured her.

Moral roleplay is lacking asf, at every turn the narrative keeps trying to make the enemies sympathetic or not responsible for their actions. The worst part is that they don't even do demonic activities (you know traumatic rape, Defiling shit, killing and terrorizing ppl or villages) or do things that are technically vile or reprehensible so I feel like a dick for killing them.

Edit: As it related to the Ryn schism, I'm of the opinion having seen it that the issue was being misrepresented as 'being dicked=love' when it's really ' I want to dick you because I love you but its cool you if don't want to'. My gripe about El stands, she alone isn't worthy of Ryn alone adding Hethia to the mix should have been given since it would be a cool parallel to the Sixsome sex sesh in Spectre of the Wyld, Hethia has been a staple in Elf business and Ryn's core character moments, so ball dropped imo.

The Dragon Knight is just a stand-in for Gytha, I'm assuming you already captured her in the Old Forest. If you didn't, she's the DK, otherwise it's just a stand-in that doesn't matter.

As for Hethia, while I like the idea, keep in mind if you didn't solve Hethia's initial enounter (at the Logging Camp during Dog Days) diplomatically by talking her down, she's gone from the game. But having her as an option could be nice for those who kept her around. Though if so, probably add more Hethia + Ryn scenes prior to Dracia and build some sort of relationship with them, which she already has with El.

Reactions: valkyr42

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
As for Hethia, while I like the idea, keep in mind if you didn't solve Hethia's initial enounter (at the Logging Camp during Dog Days) diplomatically by talking her down, she's gone from the game.
What do you mean by this? She's still around in my game despite fighting her, she was just pissy until I gave that bow of hers back.

Last edited:

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
As for Hethia, while I like the idea, keep in mind if you didn't solve Hethia's initial enounter (at the Logging Camp during Dog Days) diplomatically by talking her down, she's gone from the game. But having her as an option could be nice for those who kept her around. Though if so, probably add more Hethia + Ryn scenes prior to Dracia and build some sort of relationship with them, which she already has with El.
She is still in the game, she just has an additional requirement. They have an understanding since the Spectre quest. I'm sure they have some rapport since she is down to get into various sexsomes with Ryn in the mix and like @valkyr42 said it's politically savvy. It would be a nice setup and payoff, plus of course, I'd give my girl a Milfy harem and secure her bloodline since I can't do it myself.
Also, Gytha is the Dk??? She looks nothing like her, does her Shadow Hound make an appearance if you don't capture her? I was wondering why she became such a sub and why the PC was so familiar with her and teasing her about not knotting her (which is a nice callback to her prior sex scenes in hindsight) when in that context it would be their first time meeting.
Edit: Spoilers, again...

Last edited:

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Also, Gytha is the Dk??? She looks nothing like her, does her Shadow Hound make an appearance if you don't capture her? I was wondering why she became such a sub and why the PC was so familiar with her and teasing her about not knotting her (which is a nice callback to her prior sex scenes in hindsight) when in that context it would be their first time meeting.

Kinda left half the spoiler outside of the tag there.

If you don't arrest Gytha then instead of the red haired DK you get Gytha DK, who for the most part is the same model but with blond hair. Essentially if you don't arrest her and let her find her way back to Alyssa she gets corrupted into a dragon knight. Obviously different scene text and no doubt there's gonna be unique scenes for her in the dungeon depending on which form you arrested/captured her as once that gets added.

Reactions: Sacremas

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
No I do not, hence the confusion. What assumption? The bit about the unique scenes being added later? Kind of a safe bet considering they said content with captured npcs is coming later and unique variations are far from rare in this game.

And if not that then again, what? Did I misinterpret your post in some way? If so just say so, I'm not above admitting to and apologizing for a mistake. I interpreted confusion so I tried to explain.

This whole exchange is weirding me out.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Oh! nevermind then I thought you were just talking out of optimism.
When I said assuming I meant "assuming makes an ass out of me and you", which is ironic since I just assumed you were being optimistic

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Last gripe: Why was Tail Whack removed? Why? It's one of the more interesting abilities it just needed scaling.
I'm done griping for the day I got assignments to do.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
According to tobs: "because people like to use it as their argument for why tf powers should be a thing. So we removed it."

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Regardless of your choice, she NEEDS to fuck El regardless if the champ doesn't have a Vag available, because she needs royal heirs, that's a plot point that can't be gotten around so... just go with El in the first place.
Does she need to have sex with her? I don't know if I'm trippin or not, but I remember after the scene of Ryn using her dick on my male character she mentioned that Lumia will be able to bless couples who can't conceive.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Lumia in game can do that yes. You can get a footjob from one of the valks and she'll end up pregnant. Presumably if mpreg champ becomes a thing for ryn that'd happen, but don't count on it.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
She is still in the game, she just has an additional requirement. They have an understanding since the Spectre quest. I'm sure they have some rapport since she is down to get into various sexsomes with Ryn in the mix and like @valkyr42 said it's politically savvy. It would be a nice setup and payoff, plus of course, I'd give my girl a Milfy harem and secure her bloodline since I can't do it myself.
Edit: Spoilers, again...
I actually didn't know that, it's been ages since I did Dog Days hostile (basically I run either a full on corrupt, or a pure, and take all the evil/corrupt options on one and all the pure/peaceful options on the other, but because the Corrupt stuff has become semi-abandoned for so long, I ended up just abandoning my corrupt toons and so haven't done any of the corrupt options and actually followed up on them for a long time, when I last did Hethia never showed back up again. That's interesting, maybe I'll do a rough orc barbarian type that sort of threads the line some time.

Last gripe: Why was Tail Whack removed? Why? It's one of the more interesting abilities it just needed scaling.
I'm done griping for the day I got assignments to do.
It was removed because all TFs should be cosmetic only, rather than the powergaming mess that COC1 sometimes ended up as where you had to be some form of Chimera to get the best out of your character, with only the soulbind options giving actual abilities, tail wack was sort of the last leftover. Though seeing it reintroduced in Kitsune (tease wack with fluffy tails) and Gothmander (elemental wack with that flaming tip channeling Nareeva's powers) Soulbinds would be nice.

Lumia in game can do that yes. You can get a footjob from one of the valks and she'll end up pregnant. Presumably if mpreg champ becomes a thing for ryn that'd happen, but don't count on it.

My guess is that in that case the baby would be concieved by one of the Valkyries in Lumia's palace and delivered later, Stork style (apparently the origin of that trope in Savarrah, Valkyries delivering kids to couples who couldn't conceive on their own).

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I was hoping for magic semen siphoning because I feel it would be unfair for me to expect monogamy from Etheryn but I don't have the same standards for myself, even if it's a one time thing.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Tell me you're trolling..It can't be that petty
People kept saying "this totally useless and practically vestigial power is in the game, so why aren't there other powers for tfs?"

Whether or not it was pettiness or tiredness or just coming to the conclusion that they shouldn't have made an exception for a power that's about as useless as nipple pasties on a fish, it's much easier to just remove the entirely pointless exception to the rule so that there are no more exceptions.

Reactions: Sacremas

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I actually didn't know that, it's been ages since I did Dog Days hostile (basically I run either a full on corrupt, or a pure, and take all the evil/corrupt options on one and all the pure/peaceful options on the other, but because the Corrupt stuff has become semi-abandoned for so long, I ended up just abandoning my corrupt toons and so haven't done any of the corrupt options and actually followed up on them for a long time, when I last did Hethia never showed back up again. That's interesting, maybe I'll do a rough orc barbarian type that sort of threads the line some time.
Yeah corruption gets no love, but I think that's because they need to get the good actions down first then tackle corrupt options because they can end up making promises on each route that end up out scaling its intended purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.