Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I was going off the information provided by the wiki, and was also really annoyed that the classes and everything in game didn't even show what affinities the characters would get but I guess it was the wiki that hasn't been updated in a really long time lol. Thanks for the reply because I probably wouldn't have known this at all otherwise. Looking at it again (editing this post) I guess it makes sense to keep some of the info there for people who do want to play on older versions but it'd be nice if they could make it a bit clearer that they were removed from newer versions for the benefit of idiots like me
They usually do have something at the top for outdated posts, like "PAGE PENDING OVERHAUL" at the top of the page for The Seven. I guess they just forgot that they need to update the classes page.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
They usually do have something at the top for outdated posts, like "PAGE PENDING OVERHAUL" at the top of the page for The Seven. I guess they just forgot that they need to update the classes page.
The wiki is entirely volunteer, and we've all got real lives to attend to before the wiki. That being said, we're starting to hammer away at bringing it up to date as quickly as possible. It was also in our best interests to wait until the combat reworks were completely finished before reworking those pages, since it would create more work if stuff got reworked more than once (which it did).

Reactions: Kesil and Sacremas

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I was going off the information provided by the wiki, and was also really annoyed that the classes and everything in game didn't even show what affinities the characters would get but I guess it was the wiki that hasn't been updated in a really long time lol. Thanks for the reply because I probably wouldn't have known this at all otherwise. Looking at it again (editing this post) I guess it makes sense to keep some of the info there for people who do want to play on older versions but it'd be nice if they could make it a bit clearer that they were removed from newer versions for the benefit of idiots like me
Yeah the wiki's useless past a certain point. You have to just hope and pray that the information you want can be found on the forums.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It does seem strange for Ryn not to consider you her lover if you don't bottom to her. Considering how hard the game was shipping her with the champion. I never taken her as the type.

Reactions: Arai

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Why is the love confession scene with Etheryn locked behind either you letting her fuck you or sharing her with Elthara? Sending her to Cait just sends you to the end.
I thought it was pretty clear how desperately she wanted out of the cage and to use it once free. Trying out bottoming once for a lover isn't to big a deal I would of thought.

If you go with Elthara you can have her do the majority of bottoming for you anyway.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
If you truly love somebody, you'll be willing take it in the butt for them at least once. 'least that's what I think. Champ not being willing to do that, despite knowing how desperately she wanted the cage off and to use her natural-born tool once she could, could be interpreted by her as one of those cases of 'actions before words'.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I thought it was pretty clear how desperately she wanted out of the cage and to use it once free.
I am not privy to her expansion, but not really: Ryn never took me as someone whose ultimatum for loving you was "Bottom to me or buzz off." It makes her whole prior lovely dovey stuff feel out of place in retrospect. Like why waste time engaging with her, trying to make her feel comfortable and helping her to begin with if your final love confession come down to you going down on her.

Makes her seem pretty deceving in retrospect.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
I am not privy to her expansion, but not really: Ryn never took me as someone whose ultimatum for loving you was "Bottom to me or buzz off." It makes her whole prior lovely dovey stuff feel out of place in retrospect. Like why waste time engaging with her, trying to make her feel comfortable and helping her to begin with if your final love confession come down to you going down on her.

That's because it's not an ultimatum. She never once is "Bottom to me or buzz off," she's "I have been tormented psychologically and sexually by my sister and trapped in a soul-locked cock cage for years. You are the one who freed me, so I want my first time using my cock to be with you, whether I'm fucking you or Elthara."

I have no idea how you're slotting "deception" into Ryn's character when she is just about the LEAST manipulative character in the game.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Ryn never took me as someone whose ultimatum for loving you was "Bottom to me or buzz off."

That's not how it goes down. And you can always just have someone else do it.

Like why waste time engaging with her, trying to make her feel comfortable and helping her to begin with if your final love confession come down to you going down on her.

Maybe if you keep Ryn low confidence you get a very different impression from her. I wouldn't know. I'm not sure if you thought the goal was to get Ryn used to never having a dick or using it but that wasn't the goal. Again, maybe low confidence gives a different impression, but even low confidence Ryn to my understanding doesn't want to remain caged and the whole...desperation to remove the cage implies she wants to use her freed dick at some point, with her lover seems like an obvious thing to me.

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022

You think giving your loving partner some oral service is bottom stuff? Smh

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I don't think we need to go that far. She uses her ass largely because it's her only option for getting off while the cage is in place. Given she has a scene where she swaps using a dildo with you, I'd say it was never implausible she'd want to penetrate us. Even then, she trusts you enough to let you put the cage back on despite it being a central component of all the trauma she suffered at her big sister's hands. So I don't see what the big deal is.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I also have high confidence Ryn and even then I never felt like she expected my champion to bottom to her.

And if her love for us only entails if we bottom to her, then yeah, that seems pretty scummy from games side of things at least. Since what was all that lovely dovey stuff there for (taking her out for the dates, buying her a teddy bear, taking care of her urges)? Set dressing? Why would the penultimate decision only be left to that?

That makes her seem more judgmental than Arona.

You think giving your loving partner some oral service is bottom stuff? Smh
No. Does only giving her oral also unlock her confession scene?

I don't think we need to go that far. She uses her ass largely because it's her only option for getting off while the cage is in place. Given she has a scene where she swaps using a dildo with you, I'd say it was never implausible she'd want to penetrate us. Even then, she trusts you enough to let you put the cage back on despite it being a central component of all the trauma she suffered at her big sister's hands. So I don't see what the big deal is.
Ryn never struck me as someone whose entire love confession would come down to:
Insert dick in vag/butt?
Yes/No?
She is not Brint "of the third leg", Evelyn Quinnsinus.

And you make it sound like Ryn does not enjoy to bottom to the champ; that she only did because of necessity. No, it was always established that she loved when champ, or anyone else for that matter, poked her butt. The recent buttslut mechanic even enforces it.

Which also makes it weird that there is no love confession that happens after champ probes her but one and one. Like, that seems way to exclusionary for no reason.

I am not a fan when a character that was appeerently designed with everyone in mind suddenly goes "I only care about dicks/butts in this specific scene."

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022
No. Does only giving her oral also unlock her confession scene?
Your comment only spoke about going down on her, so that's why I asked specifically.

Anyway, I don't believe the idea is that "if I can't dick your holes down I don't love you", it's more that this is quite literally The Turning Point, as far as her personal life goes. You're finally getting the cage off her, letting her be her complete self for the first time in such a long time. She's free of her domineering and cruel sister who controlled her in the worst ways possible, and she'd like, on this one single occasion at least, to be able to actually use the part of her that's been locked away.

Maybe it can be understood that the lovey dovey mood isn't quite there if you're not going to allow her that one little thing? Sometimes a confession needs the right situation for a person to do it, but that doesn't change the feelings someone has.

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
I never expected Ryn's love confession to unlock from that and I guess I'll never see it since I don't want to have dick inside of me.

This is sad, just like with Azzy came out of nowhere, never saw it coming and ends up adding a sour taste to the whole companion from then on, guess I'll just drop her a few ranks lower on my waifu list aswell.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
My impression after playing dozen of times to experience (still no Valkyrie acknowledgement) Ryn being freed is Ryn is still very much a sub. Not domineering as I would like but that's not Ryn's character.

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022
I never expected Ryn's love confession to unlock from that and I guess I'll never see it since I don't want to have dick inside of me.

This is sad, just like with Azzy came out of nowhere, never saw it coming and ends up adding a sour taste to the whole companion from then on, guess I'll just drop her a few ranks lower on my waifu list aswell.
It "came out of nowhere" that the person whose entire quest is "free the dick" would want to use said dick?

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022
No, that the love confession only unlocks from bottoming for her instead of pretty much any other romantic scene you can have with Ryn does.
I mean, why would you even want the confession then. You're clearly uninterested when you want nothing to do with a core part of the character and her body. Like, did you imagine whether or not you actually accept a person and their body on a whole to not impact whether they want to dedicate their love to you?

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Then just make it known from beginning that she is only interested romantically into champs that are willing to bottom to her.

• Haha
Reactions: Emerald

Revenant

Dec 28, 2022
You can judge me if you want because I won't let characters fuck me with their dicks if that makes you happy or feel morally superior, I won't care though, it's just something I don't enjoy and you don't see me judging people for their preferences, they do them.

I mean, why would you even want the confession then. You're clearly uninterested when you want nothing to do with a core part of the character and her body. Like, did you imagine whether or not you actually accept a person and their body on a whole to not impact whether they want to dedicate their love to you?
Arona has a dick and she never uses it on my character, that didn't stop her from showing her feelings though.

In the end, you just want me to not complain about a character if I like them and do whatever they want in exchange of a show of emotion, which I disagree with.

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022
You can judge me if you want because I won't let characters fuck me with their dicks if that makes you happy or feel morally superior, I won't care though, it's just something I don't enjoy and you don't see me judging people for their preferences, they do them.

Arona has a dick and she never uses it on my character, that didn't stop her from showing her feelings though.

In the end, you just want me to not complain about a character if I like them and do whatever they want in exchange of a show of emotion, which I disagree with.
You had a vastly different take than me regarding a character and the writing, so I wanted to put forth my understanding and opinion of it. It was not intended as a judgement on your preferences, but to potentially give you a viewpoint you might not have considered, or hear your own views in more detail.

I apologise if it came off as accusatory or like I think you're somehow morally in the wrong for thinking as you do. I simply have a vested interest in hearing people's takes on writing, particularly writing I happen to enjoy a whole lot, as I'm trying to better my own skills.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
And she just has to be allowed to use her dick on champ in the one scene afaik. This ain't rocket science.
Then that just makes the restriction pointless. Either go all in on the fact that she only wants to romance champions that are willing to bottom by forcing us to do so with her from time to time. Like Evelyn does.

Or just simply remove it, make her confessi her feelings regardless if you want to bottom to her or not. Like Arona does.

This just feels unnecessary exclusionary.

Darmelo

Sep 23, 2022
Then that just makes the restriction pointless. Either go all in on the fact that she only wants to romance champions that are willing to bottom by forcing us to do so with her from time to time. Like Evelyn does.

Or just simply remove it, make her confessi her feelings regardless if you want to bottom to her or not. Like Arona does.

This just feels unnecessary exclusionary.
I could sort of see the argument that it seems exclusionary for no reason, if it was just any scene you could trigger by just reaching a relationship threshold or something at any time. The way she's written for the game, hell, the way most if not all companions are written, seems more "milestone-based" though, if you will.

Her entire arc as a character is locked to the rather sizable questline, and that scene is like the culmination of it. So having it be the scene where you essentially make the grand choice of "I want to focus on more of this character and the deeper involvement", makes sense, and having the choice be made by how you finish the arc is logical.

There's plenty of permanent choices that have to be made in the game, that may swing one way or the other for different people, some of them less important to do in a particular way, some more. Considering Ryn's story, and the buildup and focus of the scenes and dialogue until that point, I just don't see another solution that would feel as impactful, as well as meaningful.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
Wow, this sure blew up more than I thought it would!

It's a bit annoying to me because, frankly, I can see both sides of the argument. On the one hand, speaking as a fellow "I don't like taking the dick" individual, I can see the point being that if your character is portrayed as being in love with Ryn and she with them, then the confession being locked behind receiving dick from her could be a bit frustrating.

But, on the other hand, speaking as a "I enjoy Ryn enough as a character that I make an exception for her" individual, it also makes perfect narrative sense. Here, at the absolute turning point of her life, when she finally receives freedom and the option to live her life as she chooses, she wishes to have her first experience with the part of her that's been locked away with the person who means more to her than anybody else - you. Can you imagine how it would feel to have that denied? Even if the feelings have not changed, even if she still loves you, it makes perfect sense to me that it might slightly ruin the mood and make her hesitant to make any sort of confession.

To me, this is one of those cases where I try more to focus on what my character would do than what I would do. And I choose to think that if my straight, no-dick-please character loves Ryn as much as he's supposed to, he's very much willing to make an exception for her because of just how much she means to him; it's a sacrifice he makes for her sake, which is a fundamental part of most successful relationships. And in so doing, he thoroughly earns the confession, and cements his already hard-earned place in her heart.

Just thinking out loud with this.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
I'm surprised that people could miss at least to my understanding that the "love confession scene" involving taking it from Etheryn else having to bring in a third party wouldn't stand to piss off most of the stereotypical pure male knighty boys, other players who feel the same, and the only my dick types. The game does seem to have attracted all of those crowds.

Etheryn is part of what I would call the cornerstone waifus along with Brienne, Kiyoko, and any other solely Champion dick interested character, So to have one of those go counter to that would be heresy to them as they are being asked to bend over. I would dare say that this ordeal could spiral into another Azyrran situation to a lesser degree by the sole fact that it could be interpreted that the character is different now due to wanting to fuck the Champ once out of the cage. I'm sure the sentiment will start to crop up more once the content goes public.

Reactions: Animalistic

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
If you go with Elthara option you only ever have to give her some oral, your precious bunghole will stay unspoiled, while Cait option you aren't involved at all, mirroring Cait's version of the original Reveal. El option still gets the confession scene, and you can keep her on the bottom for the rest of time if you wish (as long as El at least gets pregnant, need to maintain that royal line after all). I don't feel that's that much of an issue. I mean... you knew she always had a dick, it was kinda always made a bit of a big deal about in that reveal scene, more than others like Annika even to some degree who frequently just have vague descriptions, and uncaging her was basically half her character, and way more important than Cait's sister that set the whole quest off ever was. If you never want to ever bother with someone's primary sexual organ maybe... don't get emotionally attached to said person? I mean even super-top Evelyn will give her buttginity to you if you have a penis virgintiy (and not a micropenis) when you get to the "Fuck" option. I don't feel this is a big controversy as some seem to feel. I kinda always assumed something had to be done with that pecker once it was in the wilds again, especially after turning her female was refused due to the massive potential issues and already existing parser problems with her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.