Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
I'd like to think it was probably foreshadowed by the fact that Ryn had never had buttsex before, is doing so only because it's her sole means of getting off regardless of how much she's grown to like it, and her primary equipment remains, as it ever was, her dick.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Personally I think there's a distinction between a requirement of having specific physical characteristics (having specific equipment) and simply allowing an act (penetration) regardless of physical equipment but that's just me.

And I'm not going to bother with getting into an argument if we're going straight into "Well next you're going to tell me". It's pointless and we won't get anywhere so have a good day/night.

Once we get into 'guestimating' player base and interactions with content I think we'll be at an impasse xD.

My point around the normal stuff is that Ryn's own dialogue tells us she never had an issue with her dick so players deciding she's only there for buttstuff is on them and I'm surprised people are shocked/caught of guard/against her wanting to use her dick, even in a one-off event, if they like her character.

I suppose I personally find it odd that people can be so invested in Ryn's character/romance that they're bothered by her wanting to use her dick but also would rather not interact with a part of her body that she's always had.

Anyway that's my two cents on the general topic.
How would you feel if the requirement for Ryn to consider the champ her lover was that you need to drill her butt?

You could buy her gifts, coddle her up in your bed and take her on lovely dates, but all that her apperent love comes down to is if you poke her butt or not? Would you still say that she loves the female/cboys champ then? After all, her Bunns are also part of her.

I would personally find it just as wrong.

Also, I do have a problem with how people are putting down one form of sexual pleasure for another. Pitching and receiving are equally as valid form of lovemaking and ways for oneself to recieve stimuly. I don't think that Ryn herself would consider one more pleasurable/"proper" then the other.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
And here I am, not liking to equate sex acts with powerplay and wondering if anal is the equivalent for males of having large penises up a vaginal canal, whether it's rooted as a gay thing to do or whether it's just yet another case of refusing player agency :ghost:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I never said she was innocent. I said there's no point in hating her or rivalry; Her declaring that is a hostile move but that doesn't mean death is onsight. She's civilized and diplomatic. She's a gangster moving into new territory; that doesn't justify her actions but we understand the motive and nature of her actions.
Personally, I think that if someone kicked down your door and declared she was going to lobotomize you, but only after lobotomizing a bunch of other people because she thinks the world would be more beautiful if everybody had chunks of their brain missing, and then she fucks off for a while, I'd find her to be worthy of hatred or hostility. Particularly if the next time we (definitively) see her is when we come across somebody she's strung up in a tree with the intention of later lobotomizing, who's fleeing from a group because the lobotomize has been grooming that community for a mass lobotomy session.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I feel like the Ryn thing is going in circles to where my post of "Sometimes you're gonna miss a scene or two if you want nothing to do with a characters genitals" is relevant again. That's the way the games always been...and trying to argue Ryns dick and her desire to use it come out of no where is so weird I don't even know how to address it, ya'll must have been playing a different game where fundamental facts about the character were different.

But I also think it's worth keeping in mind besides the original poster with an issue, neither of you have even seen said scenes. Which feels like it might be crucial to the discussion to me.

Oh, good timing. It just went public. Remember mirror stance if you've got it. Except for the final encounter which i don't think has anything for it...and you'll need that slot free.

Last edited:

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Personally, I think that if someone kicked down your door and declared she was going to lobotomize you, but only after lobotomizing a bunch of other people because she thinks the world would be more beautiful if everybody had chunks of their brain missing, and then she fucks off for a while, I'd find her to be worthy of hatred or hostility. Particularly if the next time we (definitively) see her is when we come across somebody she's strung up in a tree with the intention of later lobotomizing, who's fleeing from a group because the lobotomize has been grooming that community for a mass lobotomy session.
exaggerating a bit but I see you, not going to split hairs but she was nice about it, can be a calm and reasonable person at least with the PC and ppl that don't just fawn over her. You are right though she's not too deep as a villain; like, why are you doing this? What is her worldview? What is her philosophy behind this degeneracy? Why does she think deserves to be 'King of the hill'?

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I'd like to think it was probably foreshadowed by the fact that Ryn had never had buttsex before, is doing so only because it's her sole means of getting off regardless of how much she's grown to like it, and her primary equipment remains, as it ever was, her dick.
didn't her sister sexually torture her with toys?

Kas literally points at you and declares that she's going to steal your soul, and the only reason why she hasn't done it already is because she wants us to get stronger to make the soul more juicy and useful for her.
Perhaps it's hypocritical of me given how much headcanon I admit to putting into a playthrough, but this right here always gets me wondering what game everyone else was playing when the genuine Kas romance crusading crops up. This scene is mandatory and right at the start, you can't really miss it.

And her threat here is backed up by her popping up in several early bad ends, treating champ like garbage and then tossing them away if they fail in the quest too soon(yes yes noncanon, it is certainly a term). She starts out with absolutely rotten intentions for you and never really drops them, affection just begins to crop up alongside it. And then there's the fact that she deals out fates that many would consider are worse than death like they're candy. If you like her in all her twisted glory that's one thing, I will always preach that people are free to like what they like, but ethically speaking she is an absolutely abhorrent individual no matter how people want to try and spin it.

Sure you can ignore the worst bits with headcanon if you want, but you should also recognize that they are there in the story proper.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
People simp for villains all the time, just this time we can actually follow through with it. That and fantasy indulgence of submitting yourself to the villain. It's a thing and has nothing to do with the morality of it. In fact, I'm certain for some, the moral "debatability" of it is what makes it hot.

Reactions: Emerald

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I'm not a Kas simp, she's evil but she isn't too dissimilar from how the other superpowers in that world got their power, so fair play. I like a good villain, they can make a 20hr game feel like a 10hr adventure and make movies into classics.

Edit: She's charming too, I like how she has a classy way of talking but uses 4chan-styled disses, its like talking to a rule 63 sexed-up version of Trump.

Last edited:
People simp for villains all the time, just this time we can actually follow through with it. That and fantasy indulgence of submitting yourself to the villain. It's a thing and has nothing to do with the morality of it. In fact, I'm certain for some, the moral "debatability" of it is what makes it hot.
Like I said, wanting to get with the villain isn't something I have a problem with, people can like what they like. It was a large portion of my previous post.

My problem is when people start actually denying the existence of the more morally repugnant bits to both themselves and whomever they're talking to in order to try and bend a character more to their liking. If you like to do the big naughty, just say you like to do the big naughty.
No, she's evil but she isn't too dissimilar from how the other superpowers in that world got their power, so fair play
Or one can just take the stance that they're all bastards, but the seven were completely lacking the ability to comprehend things like human empathy until they absorbed enough soulsoup to become what they are now, whereas Kas at the very least understands such concepts and plays at valuing them enough to try and mime them with her adopted children.

She's more mentally put together than most other demons, who are already leagues better off in terms of human mindsets than actual eldritch goop from beyond the physical plane.

wow the ryn stuff really blew up huh? Me Im not i to penetration hell if I lose I just skip over it, but I do love ryn as a character so we'll see how it works.
Mad props for you willing to at least give it a shot, even if it's not exactly to your liking.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
exaggerating a bit but I see you, not going to split hairs but she was nice about it, can be a calm and reasonable person at least with the PC and ppl that don't just fawn over her. You are right though she's not too deep as a villain; like, why are you doing this? What is her worldview? What is her philosophy behind this degeneracy? Why does she think deserves to be 'King of the hill'?
Oh, no, I specifically chose that analogy to be as close as possible to Kas. Initially my analogy was about a liver thief, who proclaims that she'll steal your liver and who steals other people's livers, but I realized that the soul extraction is essentially just a slightly sexier lobotomy, in that it massively changes your mental state and emotional capabilities.
I'm not a Kas simp, she's evil but she isn't too dissimilar from how the other superpowers in that world got their power, so fair play. I like a good villain, they can make a 20hr game feel like a 10hr adventure and make movies into classics.

Edit: She's charming too, I like how she has a classy way of talking but uses 4chan-styled disses, its like talking to a rule 63 sexed-up version of Trump.
I should note that I am a Kas simp. It is a struggle for me to make a playthrough where I don't fall straight into the Romance route at every possible opportunity. I find her to be really hot. That said, I see her as incredibly evil and someone worthy of resisting and fighting against. I just... have a type.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I don't think I've really seen anyone flat out deny that she's morally repugnant, mostly just that some sympathize/empathize with what she wants, which is something I can understand and respect. Even I sympathize with her a little, being someone who also is incapable of bearing a child even if I wish I could. Spoiled for topic proxy I guess lol. but I in no way defend her actions or try to justify them and maybe I'm not looking in the same places as you are but that's the general sentiment I've seen regarding it. Not to flat out say those people aren't real, jus that I don't think it's really that common

Also big red dragon demon mommy go brrr

Reactions: Emerald

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I feel that Kas is an addiction bro, I like talking with the villains in stories. I don't know if anyone here's ever watched Midnight Gospel but when I'm engaged with a good monologue/dialogue. It just works.

I feel that Kas is an addiction bro, I like talking with the villains in stories. I don't know if anyone here's ever watched Midnight Gospel but when I'm engaged with a good monologue/dialogue. It just works.
Hey no shame if it's what you like, we're all here for a reason.

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
How would you feel if the requirement for Ryn to consider the champ her lover was that you need to drill her butt?

You could buy her gifts, coddle her up in your bed and take her on lovely dates, but all that her apperent love comes down to is if you poke her butt or not? Would you still say that she loves the female/cboys champ then?
considering that in this equivalent scenario i could do the same by being in the room as emotional support while a properly equipped friend did so, maybe have to finger her or eat ass Once? yes

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The entire point of the Elthara/PC scene existing is so you can let Ryn blow off her steam, not get fucked by her yourself, and then also still be a participant. There is in fact an entire route through the event where you get what you wanted without having to bottom for her literally ever.

Animalistic I'm just banning you at this point for being a toxic shitheel without even having the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
More of an anti-gripe but the Demon of Ice quest was legitimately the best quest yet. I really really liked how the more quests you did related to the elves and bringing certain companions and items enable you to get way more out of it.
How so? I'm in the middle of writing my gripes about it, Spectre of the Wyld is probably the best in the game right now, and the Cowgirl Quest is a close second with it requiring to think about the situation to satisfy both parties.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
Thoughts and Gripes about RynQuest!
So this mission honestly, feels like the first or second draft of the quest design concept, which it's early access so it might as well be. There's a lot of exposition in this one and it's not done in an interesting way, I don't personally enjoy being talked at rather than being talked with. There aren't many if any moments for roleplay (there's that one check Willpower check but otherwise you're on rails). This one just ain't for me.

Values for combat and Exploration need to be rebalanced; the enemies are pushovers and I play Dark and was lvl6, they constantly drop healing supplies so I can't even say it was tense or dramatic due to resource management. Lots of Unique loot to acquire and they appeal to mixed classes so they're good for variety. Not sure if it's a bug but the Millania reference Dragon Knight did not appear in my jail at Wayford even tho I captured her.

Moral roleplay is lacking asf, at every turn the narrative keeps trying to make the enemies sympathetic or not responsible for their actions. The worst part is that they don't even do demonic activities (you know traumatic rape, Defiling shit, killing and terrorizing ppl or villages) or do things that are technically vile or reprehensible so I feel like a dick for killing them.

Edit: As it related to the Ryn schism, I'm of the opinion having seen it that the issue was being misrepresented as 'being dicked=love' when it's really ' I want to dick you because I love you but its cool you if don't want to'. My gripe about El stands, she alone isn't worthy of Ryn alone adding Hethia to the mix should have been given since it would be a cool parallel to the Sixsome sex sesh in Spectre of the Wyld, Hethia has been a staple in Elf business and Ryn's core character moments, so ball dropped imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arai

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
If I had a gripe about Ryn quest it's that the champ can't get knocked up yet. Would of made that quest's ending perfect, but that's something future players can enjoy I assume.

It also highlighted a longer standing gripe. I really wish mirror stance was just a perk, no buffs to it just the spell steal. Missing out on reaping blade/shielding smite because I forgot it, or feeling like I need to break my characters build and theme to get abilities irks me.

Maybe the difficulty spike from the other encounters to the final boss was a bit to steep as well.

Other then that it was nice, it was interesting to see Alissa's real fanatics and killers were all decimated in the winter palace void entity attack and all she had were the weaker hangers on, imps and whoever the cult threw her way (Which Alissa even mentioned so that was a nice bit of validation for my observation)

Of course I could always have used more, and having Dracia be a place we could visit and help rebuild would of been nice...but what's here is good.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I didn't even remember to use mirror stance :gedthinkies: Shit
In which encounters did you have difficulty spikes, the most threatening fight was the Forge Golem and that's just because it has a phase 2.
I'm okay with Dracia being a one-off place than a whole new area because then they'd have to populate it and add events and the like. Those really aren't necessary.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
In which encounters did you have difficulty spikes
Well depending on your build and a bit of luck it could be a total cake walk, but the last encounter like I said. There are two healers, a support imp and Alissa throws out huge damage and passively heals. It's a cool fight thematically and I like fighting teams of enemies synergizing over just one monolith

She can outlast a tankier, or heal centric team easily and burst down a dps heavy team. I dunno, I'm not a game dev and almost failed math so I don't know what I would change all I know is I went from totally walking right over every other encounter to dying over and over again against the final boss.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Most of the Mirror Stance move steal lockouts are temporary. Many moves only accessible by mirror initially get added to one trainer or another (or to a tome) after a few months' worth of patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.