Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Then to have Berry replaced with yet another female character down the road? Come on, we get you guys have a whole thing there, but damn, you’re kinda beating a dead horse at this point. A little variety hardly hurts anyone.
The problem is, as already mentioned, that the majority of the people trusted to write companions wanted to write females. As companions are huge commitments and passion projects, it wouldn't be fair to tell someone that they have to write something they aren't invested in, for 'variety'.

And just to be clear, Berwyn isn't being 'replaced' by Viv in the sense that she was written as a companion because he was being dropped, it's just that she fills a similar party niche. Viv is being written as a companion because that's what Balak wanted to do. The earliest he mentioned wanting to write Viv as his companion (on his Patreon) was months before Hugs left, so it was something he decided completely in isolation from anything to do with Berwyn. I get that it might look like he's being replaced by a female character if you look at it out of context, but that's not really the case.

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022
Average, I guess, to people like Arona. But some of Atugia's nude art looks to be on par with me in size, and I'm uh. Deeeefinitely not "average." Likewise, while Agni's supposed to be C-cup, something about her art makes her feel like she's bustier than that--I wouldn't have guessed C-cup looking at it. In all honesty, with both their art, it FEELS very much a case of "boobs look smaller because they're stacked with muscle, too."
To be fair, I think all the bust sizes in the art are somewhat inflated. When an NPC was introduced with D-cup tits, I looked askance at the art and said "Uhh, I know what D-cups look like. My wife is a D-cup, and they ain't nearly THAT large."

RedRoseRequiem

May 25, 2021
To be fair, I think all the bust sizes in the art are somewhat inflated. When an NPC was introduced with D-cup tits, I looked askance at the art and said "Uhh, I know what D-cups look like. My wife is a D-cup, and they ain't nearly THAT large."
Which is fair, but it's also very much a case of it leading into feeling like your entire party aside from two people is Big Titty Waifu.

Reactions: Emerald and HK-47

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022
Which is fair, but it's also very much a case of it leading into feeling like your entire party aside from two people is Big Titty Waifu.
A fair point. I'm inherently biased, of course, because I'm a straight male. I realize full well that the game tends to cater to people like me. Even when I play as a female character, I have her tend to go after the girls as well as the boys.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
hey as much as I agree with feeling underfed, this is pretty much a dead topic at this point, you have not been the first that feels bored at the lack of characters you are interested in, you will not be the last that dislikes how the game is 99% penis wielding player oriented, but it's just naught salt at this point, it doesn't matter as it isn't what the devs want and its not something community writers have interest in pursuing for no coin.

I mean, it’d be more accurate to say hetero or heteroflexible penis-wielding players if we’re being honest here. Meanwhile, my gay ass is admittedly quite salty over the whole thing. I do get the devs have their whole favored flavors of NPCs, just irked that there isn’t a touch more variety.

The problem is, as already mentioned, that the majority of the people trusted to write companions wanted to write females. As companions are huge commitments and passion projects, it wouldn't be fair to tell someone that they have to write something they aren't invested in, for 'variety'.

And just to be clear, Berwyn isn't being 'replaced' by Viv in the sense that she was written as a companion because he was being dropped, it's just that she fills a similar party niche. Viv is being written as a companion because that's what Balak wanted to do. The earliest he mentioned wanting to write Viv as his companion (on his Patreon) was months before Hugs left, so it was something he decided completely in isolation from anything to do with Berwyn. I get that it might look like he's being replaced by a female character if you look at it out of context, but that's not really the case.

That’s fair, and in hindsight what I said was poorly worded in that regard. The whole situation is just frustrating, when things are already overwhelmingly weighted in that direction.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I mean, it’d be more accurate to say hetero or heteroflexible penis-wielding players if we’re being honest here. Meanwhile, my gay ass is admittedly quite salty over the whole thing. I do get the devs have their whole favored flavors of NPCs, just irked that there isn’t a touch more variety.
fair enough, I made the wrong assumption that everyone here with a penis was at least bi, my bad

Reactions: valkyr42 and HK-47

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Agreed. I used to get a little annoyed at how proportions are described vs how they're depicted because it took me out of it but realised I still enjoyed it if I turn my brain off to the reality of size descriptions and just let my imagination vaguely scale things.

It's easier to imagine Brint's dick being huge than a third of my height lol.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Agreed. I used to get a little annoyed at how proportions are described vs how they're depicted because it took me out of it but realised I still enjoyed it if I turn my brain off to the reality of size descriptions and just let my imagination vaguely scale things.

I know, right? As fun as ridiculously sized insertion stuff can be, it rapidly becomes horrifying when that pesky brain manages to click on :p

Reactions: Emerald

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022

Yeah, I just lumped it into willing suspension of disbelief. The people of this world just have different anatomies, that's all. Like all the females having really strong back muscles to support all that weight from their boobs.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
I know, right? As fun as ridiculously sized insertion stuff can be, it rapidly becomes horrifying when that pesky brain manages to click on :p
Exactly! I love the idea of size difference stuff but heights in the game already throw me for a loop when I consider 6ft really tall let alone other measurements! But when I think of them as vaguely big...Yay Minotaurs!

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Well, after letting the whole Berwyn Expansion marinate, I have to say that I am not really happy with how this all played out. This will be long so if anyone is interested in TL;dr:
The entire expansion feels like it was created for people that either did not like/care or were indeferent to the doggy summoner while offering almost no benefits or anything close to towards his original fanbase.

For longer version:
First I am going to say something towards the quest itself. I overall enjoyed it. I liked reading through it, it made Berwyns struggle all that more compelling and as a conclusion to his arc, it did its job. But the whole gender/sex change thing? Yeah...

Look, like with everything, I am sure that there are some prior fans of the dog boy that like the stuff that is currently at offer. Maybe some of them liked his overall appearance but wished his dick was reasonably sized (at least by CoC2 standards). Perhaps they wanted the ability to trully dominate the dog boy. Or maybe they are like me and have niche interest in Cboys/maleherms. I am not claiming that if you are a Berwyn fan that you should hate, or even particularly dislike, what this update has to offer.

As for my opinion on current avalide stuff: it does seem to suffer from two fronts - the aforementioned sudden malleability of Berwyn and having Matiha involved. Lets take sex scenes for example: while good, they do feel somewhat bland and repetitive in their execution. I gather that the cause for that is having to account for body changes, Berwyns dom/sub meter and Matiha herself. It just does not have the tightness of his original writing where it only needed to focus on fulfilling the dream of having a bratty dog dominate you every which way. Even when comparing it to someone like Ryn, it does feel messy and unfulfilling in places.

And then there is Matiha. While I somewhat can live with Berry and his TFs --since the content that is written for female/futa berry should supposedly trickle down to his OG self -- the big titty witch is another ballpark. Sure, you can technically remove her from the game/move her to wayfort and have the doggy half-breed all to yourself. That was the first thing I did. But man, does it feel like the game is pushing her onto you. Ignoring the aforementioned sex scenes, Berry feels pretty bare bones alone. While I do enjoy the quick glimpses into his every day life each time you enter his den, the amount of stuff he has to say and do feels barren compared to everything he had before. I wish we had ability to talk to him about his feelings when it comes to Matiha, his relationship with us (besides his dom/sub conclusions which are actual conclusions) and the state of his libido. Just something, to make him feel more complete.

And while on topic of Matiha and her involvement... You can argue that Matiha is as much as part of this update as Berwyn and that obviously sending her off somewhere far away where she can not touch him should lead to less stuff. While somewhat logical, my counter arguments are:
Not everyone is into the big titty witch. Be it that they find her actions inexcusable, her design unappealing or just having no interest in, she should have been a side piece more than anything. For when I hear the phrase "Berwyn update", I expect more Berry. And right now, the desperincy in content between Berry with Matiha and Berry without Matiha is to large for my liking.

And finally, on this whole removal of him as companion.

I find it bad on principle that Berwyn fans do seem to get short end of the stick in the update. All my aforementioned pros seem more like a byproduct of the expansion, not their main, intended, result. It feels like that most of the changes were created with wider audience in mind. Look, I understand that female NPCs are more in demand than their male counterparts. I get that. I understand that players want subby girls that worship the ground they walk and have no interest in dominant pretty boys/femboys/guys. But I and many other enjoyed it. And to suddenly be forced to share a table with the part of the fan base that already gets stuffed with oodles of content... Yeah, I hope you understand why a lot of people are muffled.

If the expansion was just conclusion to Berry storyline and some additions to his already established niche as dominant femboy, then I would e somewhat miffled but happy. Since I understand that supporting a companion is a lot of work.

But right now, I am disappointed.

Last edited:

HK-47

May 17, 2017
Exactly! I love the idea of size difference stuff but heights in the game already throw me for a loop when I consider 6ft really tall let alone other measurements! But when I think of them as vaguely big...Yay Minotaurs!

Mhmm. While I definitely enjoy that kink, there are moments I am very glad for my elf muscle twink Champ’s absurd stretchiness, since Brint definitely would of fucked him to death at this point without it, lmao :p

Last edited:

Xellvion

Mar 25, 2022
I don't like beefcake, so I'm stuck with Quin. Which is incredibly frustrating, because Berwyn filled a niche that's already virtually non-existent in this game, and now I'm going to get YET ANOTHER Big Titty Lady instead of a niche. Because if you choose the right options, going forward, Quin will be the ONLY non-big titty lady you can recruit. The problem is these ten companions are it, I'm going to have Quint with a bunch of extraneous big titty ladies as my options for party members because that's who the devs keep company with and the only ones who got to make companions.

And while I get the need to cut it off eventually... I also can voice my displeasure and make it clear I'm out because a lot of what I like is left out because the game caters more and more to "women and women with dicks" fetish over time, to the point that anything else DOES feel like an afterthought. Did you know you could initially softlock the game by going to have sex with Matiha and not having a dick? Kinda makes me feel like such a complete afterthought that it feels more like, "Oh, yeah, we totally have vegetarian options" and it's just a bunch of lettuce while everyone else gets full-course meals.
I feel for you, because I found (still find?) myself in a similar situation when it comes to women with dicks. It is a drought out there when it comes to said fetish. I have spent ungodly hours trying to find any who will cater to it from the stance of a dominant male over a submissive/switch futa. But no, 99.99% of the time it's futa on futa, futa on woman, or futa on male. If there is ever any male on futa it's weak content before it switches back. It was unfortunate at first, then annoying, then infuriating. Maybe I'm just that bad at scouring the internet, but I'm not exaggerating when I say TiTs and CoC are the only two mediums tackling this content that I want and is handing it over to me by the bucketful. I'm extremely happy with it. But I understand the frustration of being in a niche, and so I hope you find what you're looking for some day.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
@PuppyPrincess It‘s why I actually was rather gratified by one bit of new Berry content, namely that he can finally knot you outside the breeding scene. It seemed a bit silly that he couldn’t before, with how my elf twink had been basically riding Brint’s dick off into the sunset the whole damn game (and Sugo, and the Behemoth, and the Corrupted Centaurs, and Nikol… basically just a LOT of absurdly large horsecocks).

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
@PuppyPrincess It‘s why I actually was rather gratified by one bit of new Berry content, namely that he can finally knot you outside the breeding scene. It seemed a bit silly that he couldn’t before, with how my elf twink had been basically riding Brint’s dick off into the sunset the whole damn game (and Sugo, and the Behemoth, and the Corrupted Centaurs, and Nikol… basically just a LOT of absurdly large horsecocks).
Oooh I didn't know that, that's fun! Yeah my champs similar with how much time she's spent doing magic tricks with Brint, Orlaith, Mara, Nikol, Khor'Minos...

Oh Philomena

Jan 20, 2022

I'm this exact same way with huge amounts of cum. Like, it's fine if I mentally simplify it to, "They cum a lot!" If I actually think about a body producing or being filled with gallons and liters of cum, I start to feel sick.

HK-47

May 17, 2017
I'm this exact same way with huge amounts of cum. Like, it's fine if I mentally simplify it to, "They cum a lot!" If I actually think about a body producing or being filled with gallons and liters of cum, I start to feel sick.

For sure. I personally enjoy that sort of thing as pure fantasy, but the reality of it is pretty terrible, between at minimum suffering horrific belly cramps till you get rid of it, up to… you know, suffering the fate of an overfilled water balloon.

Also, you should probably never watch documentaries about blue whales, because boy do I have some horrifying news for you, my friend. I made that mistake and now it’s stuck in my brain forever :p

Last edited:

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017

For sure. I personally enjoy that sort of thing as pure fantasy, but the reality of it is pretty horrible, between at minimum suffering horrific belly cramps till you get rid of it, up to… you know, suffering the fate of an overfilled water balloon.
Saaaame. Vague interpretations save the day! The idea is fun when you don't think about the consequences!

On less of a tangent I have a petty gripe. Why must I choose between Brint and Domme!Rina. Brint is comfortably my favourite male character in CoC2 (and TiTS) but I adore Rina's tomboyish aesthetic and how she takes to turning the tables and teasing the champ. I want to have my beefcake and eat her too ='(

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
On less of a tangent I have a petty gripe. Why must I choose between Brint and Domme!Rina. Brint is comfortably my favourite male character in CoC2 (and TiTS) but I adore Rina's tomboyish aesthetic and how she takes to turning the tables and teasing the champ. I want to have my beefcake and eat her too ='(
Omg same. Never played Brienne before until Domme!Rina came around (bc I feel bad for changing Brint not by his choice and he's also my favorite character) and boy does Dom!Rina deliver. The icing on the cake is Rina who's much shorter than Brienne is domming the heck out of the 8-foot amazon. I doubt it but I really hope Rina can be dominant toward us even if we pursue Brint. Well actually it's been a while but her solo sex scene with vag-only champs seems to imply she may go toward dominant considering how she learns quickly.

Pursang

Apr 7, 2018
Why need an explanation, when we can see that there are many super strong women? There's a principle in storytelling called "show, don't tell." I'm certain you've heard of it. Well, we've been shown that there's plenty of strong women, and plenty of smart women, who are just as capable, if not moreso, than many of the men. Not to mention that several societies are shown as biologically more disposed towards female leaders. The Hornets follow a queen, who birthed them. The Boreal Elves have two feminine sexes and one male sex, which shifts the proportions towards more women. The Marefolk can't have male leaders because males get rabies when becoming adults.
Why have lore? Why have a story? Why painstakingly build a world as a playground for the player to have fun in?

You're absolutely right to imply that women can be just as strong and smart as men. One hundred-percent. That's not my issue.

I like the game for more than the fantastic sex scenes. I love being immersed in a world and living vicariously through it. And that's why I want more. I want to be immersed more, I want to know more. I want to yell triumphantly when a foe is killed, or be very saddened when a friend leaves us.

To me, that is the beautiful power of games.

Khor'minos is fighting a war, the people of Hawkethorne have withdrawn from trade and forestry and are staying walled up in their village, and the kitsune have kept themselves sealed off from the outside for so long that most of them probably weren't able to notice it due to isolationism. It's pretty clear that the people are bothered.
When I close my eyes, I can almost see The Frost Marches. Civilization is relegated to isolated pockets of heat and flesh with very few "arms" of trade or communication holding them together. But I do not get the impression that these pockets of civilization are turned inwards - there is too much communication, too much travel, there is too much life living outside of these pockets for most everyone to simply ignore what's going on around them.

When I think of the average Frost Marcher, I think of vigilance, rugged individualism, and independence. I can compare this to small town America. If you've ever been to a small town in America, you'll know that most people in those small towns are so bored that they can't help but get involved with their neighbors and what's happening around them. To be busy bodies.

But, again, why? If you want an explanation on why a race has cocked females, then it's either "evolution found it advantageous" or "the god that made that race wanted them to have cocks". If you want an explanation for why many women chose to grow cocks, it's not socially unacceptable in any location and alchemy is a longstanding thing.
I really don't need to explain why I want to learn more of the world of Savarra. Many of the things within this world are unusual, and they haven't been explained.

If you're fine with what's been presented - fine, good for you. I want to learn more.

I don't know if we meet the Khor'minos king. Taldahs isn't replaced with Ahmri though, because in the timeline where Taldahs is killed, Ahmri is kidnapped, and you, the Champion, assume control of the tribe. We will meet the king of Tychris, eventually, when the region gets added to the game, though that's still a while off. The Marked Men Mercs are run by a man, and though it's temporarily being run by a woman, she's way less competent than the literally immortal man who actually runs the mercs, whenever he deigns to show up. How many female leaders are there? There's Alissa&Etheryn for the winter city, Komari, Atani, Nyzerrah, and Arona. I'm not counting Ahmri, because, again, she never rules, she just gets kidnapped in the timeline where Taldahs dies. There's not that many leaders in the game overall, so, discounting the king of Tychris, I still say that a sizable chunk of the leaders are male. If we had, say, 10 more region or group leaders around, and all of those were female or futa, I'd say there's a clear imbalance, but with this sample size, it's just a female lean. It is majority female, sure, but it's not an overwhelming female landslide.
Even discounting Ahmri, Kassyra, and Lady Evergreen, there's: The Baroness, Queen Alissa, Etheryn, Komari, Atani, Queen Nyzerah, Arona, Alraune, The Drider Queen, The Harpy Matron, The Kobold Queen.

VERSUS...

The King of Khor'minos, and the King of Tychris(?) I'll even throw in Taldahs since he's technically alive when you meet him.

I'm probably missing some, but that's 11 women, and 3 men. So seventy-three percent of the leaders that you meet or are mentioned and you'll likely meet are women.

73%

Keep in mind that we haven't even met two of these kings yet! The percentage of representation gets even worse for men if you only count people that The Champion can meet. That's an overwhelming bias no matter how you slice it.

The fire, lightning, earth stuff would be really devastating, if it weren't for the fact that many of our foes treat it like foreplay. Most of the time, after a battle, enemies are just kinda battered, not even unconscious, just beaten up enough that they'd rather not fight more. You can blast a group of horny naked elves with an inferno and a lightning storm, and break their eardrums, and blind them, and poison them, and they say "wow, that was fun! Let's fuck now." Clearly, the people of Savarra are way more resilient than the people of earth. It's very rare for people to die, outside of the occasional dark spots.
This is one part of the lore that I'm completely fine with. It's exceedingly difficult to balance a game around realism rather than the rule of cool - because it gets boring and dry fast. I accept that the game mechanics are what they are.

In the people count, the individual settlements are spread out and isolated. If all of them got together, they'd be much stronger, but Khor'minos, the strongest power in the region, completely quarantined the mountain, the Winter City hasn't been in contact with Hawkthorne for decades, the Kitsune are feared and distrusted by everyone here, the Marefolk are too far south for help to go between it and Hawkethorne without getting kidnapped by centaurs, the centaurs got corrupted and started fighting, the Hornets got corrupted and started fighting, the Orcs are a bunch of raiders who got here and decided to start raiding because that's what they did (sidenote, there's a scene in the Khor'minos bathhouse if you bring Arona where it's shown that the Minotaurs are definitely racist against the orcs), the Marked Men Mercs fell into disarray when the leader took a vacation and as such started fighting and pillaging rather than being the defense force they were hired to be. There's enough people that they could unite, but the groups are all either isolated from each other or fighting each other, and the individual groups aren't large enough to push back and unite with each other despite the adversities, if they're even willing to reach out.
Nothing that you've said here proves your point that there isn't enough people to resist. As I've just discussed, there are seemingly many, many kingdoms in The Frost Marches. And when I think of kingdoms, I think of thousands of individual people bound together under the rule of one person. That's a lot of manpower. There's nothing in the lore that would seem to imply that an alliance of kingdoms and fiefs wouldn't be able to handedly take care of Kassyra and her cult.

As for the Ways Between, there are a few instances when characters were talking about the Ways Between, which should probably have let you know why. The old system of idols fell into disrepair after the Godswar, and almost nobody had the knowledge or resources to fix them up and use them, aside from a few isolated individuals (and the kitsune, but they have a modified version which is its own private network, connected only to other Kitsune torii gates). The Way Walker title tells you, travel in the Ways Between was a closely kept secret of the Estelore mages, and as you've done the Convocation, you know that Estelore was annihilated first by the Wraiths. The Champion can't use it to go to major far off cities, because the pathways and idols simply are not connected. It's like taking a train to a location when the rails and stations have completely fallen apart.
Right. So why isn't The Ways being used to shuffle soldiers around? The Champion can use The Ways, and bring their companions along just fine. What's the cutoff to how many people someone can bring with them in The Ways? It's implied that any strong enough mage can enter The Ways, so what's stopping The Champion from recruiting soldiers from Hawkethorne, the hornet hive, The Winter City, etc. To help somewhere else? Like Khor'minos?

Dude. Pursang. This is a fetish porn game primarily targeted at people who want to have sex with women.

The writers who contribute here put a lot of effort into building their world, creating great characters and giving it a sense of history, but it is all orbiting around a central directive of "make our target audience horny and create situations for sex to occur."

Why are there so many woman leaders? Because this is a fetish porn game primarily targeted at people who want to have sex with women. Why are the ingame communities relatively functional and accessible from a player perspective? Why is the war effort not given more in-depth strategic focus? Because this is a fetish porn game and not Pathologic or Civ.

Horniness is one of the least logical parts of the human experience. CoC2 is a big, horny theme park with a story that takes you from one horny attraction to the next. I like it a lot and have never really wanted or needed it to be explained beyond that.
Allow me to repeat myself again:

Why have lore? Why have a story? Why painstakingly build a world as a playground for the player to have fun in?

I like the game for more than the fantastic sex scenes. I love being immersed in a world and living vicariously through it. And that's why I want more. I want to be immersed more, I want to know more. I want to yell triumphantly when a foe is killed, or be very saddened when a friend leaves us.

To me, that is the beautiful power of games.

So just because you're happy with the way things are, that doesn't mean that things can't or shouldn't be better. I'm sure that having a tiny bit more lore in this game won't hurt you.

Yes, and Savarra does just that. It also draws on various well-established fantasy tropes, mixes them with historical models and the output is a very interesting world. And just as the game does not require an explanation for why there are orcs and dragons and catfolk and elves (none of which exist in the real world outside of stories) it does not require an explanation for why any given percentage of women have penises, or why any given state has a female in charge instead of a male, or why Hawkthorne has a racially mixed population that's getting along. Reason: BECAUSE.
Wow, that explanation really changed my mind. Reading that was such a good use of my valuable time.

In case it wasn't painfully obvious, I'm being sarcastic.

Actually no, that is the stock response from the devs whenever someone talks about wanting specific content in the game which they don't have any plans to write and hence what others of us will suggest as well. If you think you have something to contribute, submissions are open.
Oh, I am quite aware that this was the stock response from certain developers in the past. It's one of the reasons why I (and likely many others) have thought twice about contributing. Because instead of being nurturing and helpful, the environment and the people within it come off as hostile and combative.

The 'real world' is, by definition, 100% maximally realistic. Any world we create in fiction is going to be less real and thus not match it. I see no reason to waste time getting hung up on a fictional world not matching it.
I'm not asking for a fictional world to match our world. I'm simply asking it to be coherent and adhere to an internal logic it itself has established.

I said same world by which I meant planet, not same universe. And the devs could not be more clear on the whole 'CoC2 is not CoC1' thing.
And my original post was talking about the Corruption of Champions universe, not an individual planet. Nowhere did I imply that Mareth is Savarra or vice-versa.

In that link that you sent, The Observer was quite clearly talking about the game itself and its systems being different from CoC1. Nowhere does he say or imply anything to prove your point.

So you agree with me that CoC2 is set in the same universe as CoC1?

Great!

Strawman arguments do not make you look cool.
Perhaps not, but they do make me feel better when I'm arguing with someone who's being obtuse on purpose.

Because they wrote it to be different. If you must have a Watsonian explanation, 'because the world has things ours does not like gods and magic and things evolved differently'. There you go.
Y'know, for something that you defend so ardently - you don't seem to care much about Corruption of Champions 2 to learn more of it.

That seems strange to me.

Really? I haven't heard someone use 'I'll tell on you!' since I was twelve. This is a forum for adults and a lot of people here are snarky. Trying to act 'tough' like this does not impress.
I really don't care, WolframL.

I neither have the time nor patience to care what strangers on the internet think.

I'm not here to impress anybody.

-----

I apologize if you've replied to me and I don't reply back, I'm a bit tired right now so I might miss a few things.

Reactions: asdfghjwww

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
All right let me get this back on track, as much as I like build-a-Berry and the new MIGHTY HAT I absolutely despise the dungeon, like a lot.

Zackflame

Mar 21, 2022
I hate the fact that we can't corrupt the dawn sword after getting the pure sword but can take the corrupted sword to Lumia to purify it ( which has not been written yet).

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I hate the fact that we can't corrupt the dawn sword after getting the pure sword but can take the corrupted sword to Lumia to purify it ( which has not been written yet).
Written, yes. Reviewed and coded and implemented, no.

I think it would be pretty tough to explain "holy relic gets ruined after Champ is the only one to prove worthy of it" as anything satisfactory to, uh, any of the normal people who live around Champ. The only way most of the evil stuff can even kind of work is if it stays plausibly deniable, so Champ's companions and most of the NPCs can have a valid reason to continue interacting with them. With the sword, that meant being able to blame its corrupted state on the demon and on "not being able to fix it". It was like that when you got it. Honest.

Plus, Champ's not a demon and can't be a demon outside of a bad end, so you'd have to take it to an actual demon to get it corrupted, and based on the way the sword works, I think in that case it'd stop being Champ's sword. Unless you defeated the demon afterward, and then...ugh. Not worth. It's much simpler to just give you the option to play DK in the quest and get your DK sword. Is there any particular reason why that's a problem?

The alternative, I guess, is being able to do that but then getting bad-ended by the retired level 20 adventurers in Hawkethorne who take the whole thing as a call to investigate Champ's other nasty habits. Which is really not as much fun to write and implement as one would think.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Considering that our companions have no problem with us:
Dating Kass
Making Liulfr and soon Hirrud our slaves
Fucking Corrupt creatures in general
And many more dubious things, I see no reason for why they would suddenly question us using a corrupt version of once pure sword. Hell, even using a corrupt sword to begin with should be raising some flags so yeah.

And who is this lvl 20 adventurer? Why would they deal only with champion and no one else if they had the power?

Last edited:

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
To be perfectly frank with you, I also find it pretty amusing how "nooo you can't corrupt a holy relic" is the last straw when the champing can be so much worse specially as a DK, a pure champ corrupting the sword can be excused in may different ways and to be honest how boring the pure dawnsword is made me pick the ring over it, what do you mean corrupt champs get the super awesome living sword and I get a sad broken thing that doesn't even do anything special

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Pure champs are boring compared to DK or bimbo champs. My DK champ has the corrupted sword but all some of my bimbos have the ring.

Reactions: Animalistic

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Considering that our companions have no problem with us:
Dating Kass
When they find out about it (if they catch you fucking in Winter City) they explicitly frame it as 'Okay, I don't think that's wise and I don't like that a demon has their hooks in you, but if you say you've got this under control I trust you for now'.
Making Liulfr and soon Hirrud our slaves
The latter isn't in the game yet and we don't know the exact form it will take, the former is more 'I'd rather hang out with you than in a cave on a glacier' and this is a setting with endemic slavery with several companions coming from societies famous for having large slave populations, so nobody would really bat an eye at the Champ having slaves as long as they're not egregiously mistreating them.
And many more dubious things, I see no reason for why they would suddenly question us using a corrupt version of once pure sword. Hell, even using a corrupt sword to begin with should be raising some flags so yeah.
As Aly just pointed out, using the corrupted Dawnsword is framed as 'It was that way when I picked it up, I dunno how to fix it' which isn't that hard to swallow. Taking a holy relic that they saw you purify and then corrupting it again would raise eyebrows since the only thing known to be able to do that is a full demon.
And who is this lvl 20 adventurer? Why would they deal only with champion and no one else if they had the power?
That was a hypothetical addressing the idea of a Champ that is so obviously evil that everyone is forced to take notice and it would no longer be plausible to continue on with the story as intended, hence Bad Ending. Could be Garth or Gweyr, could be any number of wandering paladins like the ones who pay Hawkthorne a visit after High Ground, could be Lumia sends a valkyrie, it really doesn't matter.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I mean, you are still willingly using a corrupt artifact no matter what. Similar to that one eyed helmet you can find in Gweyr quest. So that does not really the best, you know, justification. Also, if the sword is so easy to purify, why is not the champion being chastised for keeping a holy relic corrupt?
I will give you slavery.
And I always found the Kas romance acceptance extrusions at best. At certain point, being so chummy with a person that is supposedly trying to kill you, corrupt you and everyone else would certainly raise more than few alarm bells.
Oh, and 20 lvl things makes sense. Still, Lumia sending anyone seems unlikely. She did squat when Kas right in front of her, and Kas will always be a bigger threat than champion can ever be. So I see no reason for her to suddenly care about us. It is not like the gods already know how evil the champion can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.