Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
In The Cage talk post-Winter City,
That seems kinda... small. With most characters, I exhaust all of their talk/dialogue on the first time I get them in a location I can talk to them. Though I guess it is understandable with Etheryn, as her talk options are pretty much completely replaced with new ones after the quest, and it is a major quest involving her so it would make sense for a player/character who cares about her to check in on her in that moment. Still, I can see why so many people would miss it, if that's the only time she actually says she doesn't want to have a vag. It would have been more visible if the "Alchemy?" one-off scene (The one where Etheryn says she tried to shrink or even remove her cock to get rid of the cage, but it didn't work, after the champ suggests using alchemy to remove it) also had a few lines along the line of "What about using alchemy to grow a vag, so you can experience non-anal sex without needing to get the cage off?" with a response of "fuck no, I don't want that shit" with a visibly negative reaction. Though some of those who think she should grow a vag also want her dick to pop off, so they'd not care what she wants, others (like Tuatha, if I'm understanding correctly) would like more futa and only saw that she doesn't want her dick to be removed.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
So De-dicking Ryn is off the table, that's fine.

Is it still okay to cross our fingers to get Jael'yn de-dicked? That woman is boy A) flat out evil, and B) completely submissive to you no matter which option to choose.

I mean demonic Jael'yn i could see not having the option, but barmaid Jael'yn seems ripe for some kind of purification arc or punishment / ownership thing that at least has removing her dick on the table.

Hoping for an option to move her to the wayfort without her becoming demonic after the renovations are complete in either case. Garth seems a bit uncomfortable with her around.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Is it still okay to cross our fingers to get Jael'yn de-dicked?
Seeing how there was a topic all about this and Savin's response was lolnope, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Later down that topic he goes into more explanation on why dedicking characters in general (when having a penis is a major focus of the character) is not going to happen; it means rewriting most of their content.

Tubten

Jan 10, 2019
Seeing how there was a topic all about this and Savin's response was lolnope, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Later down that topic he goes into more explanation on why dedicking characters in general (when having a penis is a major focus of the character) is not going to happen; it means rewriting most of their content.
ahh, had not seen this before. That's fair then, thanks for the info!

SH60

Jun 8, 2021
Is it just me or does it feel like Berwyn gets the least love out of all the companions? Low use in combat, his one questline stops after you get him as a party member, has no other Companion Sets to use. I'm sad that barely anything has been done with him.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Berry's original writer Hugs is no longer working on anything coc2, B offered to step up and adopt him (along with his own companion agni) and is currently writing a second quest for him. You can find it under B's event submission page.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Is it just me or does it feel like Berwyn gets the least love out of all the companions? Low use in combat, his one questline stops after you get him as a party member, has no other Companion Sets to use. I'm sad that barely anything has been done with him.
"...Berwyn gets the least love out of all the companions?" looks over at Quin I do not think so.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I can't speak for anyone else, but he's a girly boy with an elephant trunk between his legs. From what I've seen, most of the CORE audience go for massive boobs with free milk on tap and smaller cocks that exist to squirt when you empty in your lover's ass, i.e. Cait, Brienne and Etheryn. I'm sure he has his fans but even before we add the lack of additional content you mentioned, he already has that against him.
Berry's original writer Hugs is no longer working on anything coc2, B offered to step up and adopt him (along with his own companion agni) and is currently writing a second quest for him. You can find it under B's event submission page.
I didn't know that. Did Hugs give a reason?
Just let me make love to his ass and we are goochy. Like, that would increase his popularity two fold.
If anything I'm shocked our only option is to give him a rimjob. Maybe they just never got around to letting him take a cock as well as give it.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
anything I'm shocked our only option is to give him a rimjob. Maybe they just never got around to letting him take a cock as well as give it.
Doubly fucking strange considering what game this is and what type of character he is.
A feminine cocky bunny boy that has bunch of scenarios where he specifically teases you to dare hop abroad on his bunny trail. Like Bugs Bunny but less explicit.
Hell, his personality basically screams "I am an insecure switch" the more you talk with him, I would be suprised if he did not get some. Especially with how every other bedicked companion has bottoming content.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
It's a long story. And you're bound to get biased responses.
Guess I'll find Hugs' official explanation if they left one.
Doubly fucking strange considering what game this is and what type of character he is.
A feminine cocky bunny boy that has bunch of scenarios where he specifically teases you to dare hop abroad on his bunny trail. Like Bugs Bunny but less explicit.
Hell, his personality basically screams "I am an insecure switch" the more you talk with him, I would be suprised if he did not get some. Especially with how every other bedicked companion has bottoming content.
Yeah I figured they would get to it eventually. Guess it's been a long slow process.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021

Yeah I figured they would get to it eventually. Guess it's been a long slow process.
Quin's author Bubblelord has said Quin doesn't enjoy bottoming, so it seems it's an intentional thing there's no scenes of Quin bottoming. Same way Cait doesn't want babies and Kiyoko doesn't want non-procreative sex.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Quin's author Bubblelord has said Quin doesn't enjoy bottoming, so it seems it's an intentional thing there's no scenes of Quin bottoming. Same way Cait doesn't want babies and Kiyoko doesn't want non-procreative sex.
Didn't know that. What was the rationale of that?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Didn't know that. What was the rationale of that?
It's just not how they think of the character I guess? Author's comments with spoilers regarding character future below.

Quin's only intention down the road for catching is literally after he has become your husband and it is solely because you ask. It will be like literally one scene.

Now, powerbottoming him will be an option, so you can be the dom one. But he is intended for people who want dick inside them.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Dammit Alternative Kinu, let your mother touch your tails!

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
It's just not how they think of the character I guess? Author's comments with spoilers regarding character future below.

Quin's only intention down the road for catching is literally after he has become your husband and it is solely because you ask. It will be like literally one scene.

Now, powerbottoming him will be an option, so you can be the dom one. But he is intended for people who want dick inside them.
Well that's nice, but it's not to my tastes. Guess I'll be avoiding Quin until they make some advancements with his content.

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
to give the least biased reasoning you'll probably find, Hugs has anger issues, and while he works to keep them in check, he left of his own free will many times only to return after a few months. The last time this happened, he gave his companion to B. He will tell a vastly different version of this story where his companion was stolen and he was laughed at for his mental health.

for a little more personal bias imo hugs was a really good author, but he has a hard time completing projects and likes to do small things with no reason to exist in universe, and melts down whenever a project is questioned or doesn't go exactly how he wants it to. he was impossible to work with because he was both so inconsistent in ability to complete projects, and because he wouldn't accept any change to his work. I'm sad that he was unable to continue working with us, but he showed no intention of long term change, only short term.

TheEvilQueen

Jan 12, 2022
Ok, so I'm sorry but I want to go back to the Ryn thing. I'm not bothered about what in particular Etheryn wants—I'm invested and just want her to be happy and comfortable with who she is! I mean, after a certain point, she is happy, but she still seems to have some lingering doubts and worries, some of which I saw as being resolved by reaching closure about her sister (probably after a final confrontation), removing her cage, and possibly get a vagina. The main thing which lead me to believe she would like to change her body more (as in, get that va-jay-jay), was in her lingerie scene, she says "And if I'm wearing them, maybe I can forget... really feel like a woman." I think before that, I figured she only wanted to remove the cage, but that line kind of solidified for me that she wants more. So, now I'm kind of confused. I guess it related more to the trauma caused by her sister than actually wanting female genitalia...?

Also, not to be annoying, but after Palace of Ice, I don't have a dialogue option for "The Cage". Is it perhaps one-time only, and I don't remember it? I tried to go read it, but I couldn't ;-;

Also, also. Um, long-time player of TiTS and now CoC2, but first time posting. It's a classic story... So hi <.<

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
getting a vagina

Yeah...Ryn just going to be doing that anytime soon. Like, ever. While I can't give you a clear answer (mostly cause it's pretty muddled for me atm) asking for it to be a thing tends to get people riled up, just as a warning.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The main thing which lead me to believe she would like to change her body more (as in, get that va-jay-jay), was in her lingerie scene, she says "And if I'm wearing them, maybe I can forget... really feel like a woman."
You might find this post of interest. Ryn likes to look and feel sexy and femme but it has absolutely nothing to do with her wanting a vagina (or not wanting her penis)... and she states explicitly that she does not want a vagina. And Savin's stated multiple times that it's not happening.
No means No.pngNo really means No.png
Also, not to be annoying, but after Palace of Ice, I don't have a dialogue option for "The Cage". Is it perhaps one-time only, and I don't remember it? I tried to go read it, but I couldn't ;-;
I think it only appears if you've done the conversation about the cage with Evergreen first, which in turn requires you to do the Alchemy talk with Ryn.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
asking for it to be a thing tends to get people riled up
I mean it happens because its something that has been stated so many times that its not going to happen, I get being new to a forum but its just literally written in text that you should fucking know better.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
to give the least biased reasoning you'll probably find, Hugs has anger issues, and while he works to keep them in check, he left of his own free will many times only to return after a few months. The last time this happened, he gave his companion to B. He will tell a vastly different version of this story where his companion was stolen and he was laughed at for his mental health.

for a little more personal bias imo hugs was a really good author, but he has a hard time completing projects and likes to do small things with no reason to exist in universe, and melts down whenever a project is questioned or doesn't go exactly how he wants it to. he was impossible to work with because he was both so inconsistent in ability to complete projects, and because he wouldn't accept any change to his work. I'm sad that he was unable to continue working with us, but he showed no intention of long term change, only short term.
I see. Thanks for telling me.

VVV

Sep 15, 2020
You might find this post of interest. Ryn likes to look and feel sexy and femme but it has absolutely nothing to do with her wanting a vagina (or not wanting her penis)... and she states explicitly that she does not want a vagina. And Savin's stated multiple times that it's not happening.

I think it only appears if you've done the conversation about the cage with Evergreen first, which in turn requires you to do the Alchemy talk with Ryn.
The canon reason is Ryn doesn't want to but the writing reason is clearly stated that he just doesn't want to because she has so many. Let's not pretend that the lore reason isn't an excuse or that her personality isn't determined by the writers. It's a very REASONABLE and UNDERSTANDABLE excuse though. Like god damn have you seen what writers need to go through and how much content they'd have to take into account? I don't blame Savin or any other writer really!

I guess that'd be a gripe if anything, though not a particularly serious one. So many variables, while great, does seem to be a burden on the writers and it's only gonna get worse from here as they continue to write. I'd imagine a vagina would have to also take into account pregnancy stages, variations on whether she'd have had kids by then or not, scene variations taking into account both of those things simultaneously, future scenes taking into account all of those things, etc. It's no wonder nobody wants to touch that.

Reactions: Kesil
Status
Not open for further replies.