Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Terminology leaves me scratching my head at the dichotomy/hypocrisy of it all. "Trap" is offensive but "cuntboy" is fine. But try calling someone a "cunt" here in the States and watch them lose their shit.

I fucking give up. Quit moving the goalposts.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
I remember a time when all these words didn't bother anyone because either they didn't even exist yet or they weren't used the way they are now. I haven't personally met someone playing a feminine male that found a problem with the term "femboy," and the term "trap" is a grey area when it's supposed to mean something along the lines of "when a real fucking cute and girly guy dresses in such a way they could be confused for a girl". I fail to see how "shemale" is the real problem here when I've read and heard of at least a dozen other words that actually sounds a lot worse than this one - along with a litany of other slurs and such for other things; and I don't even really go around all over the internet looking for them, a lot of it is even hiding in places you visit on a regular basis.
I definitely don't see the writers and devs on here using words to offend or attack anyone playing them; they add and use stuff to describe things and people, and just because it's 2021 now and people suddenly decided that another 1,000 words that were perfectly fine for the last few years are now absolute heresy and need to be expunged from the dictionary? Or now that there's 27 new pronouns that have been cataloged, that they should be added to the game?
I'll say the same thing I've been saying since the start of 2021 when it comes to companies, developers and such: stop making their work so much more difficult on account of what counts as "politically correct" has changed because politics - you need to learn what kind of people you're working with and talking to, not all this "If I'm offended, then change your wording;" there are plenty of ignorant people who use words without realising or understanding what it actually means, are you going to find every one of them at fault and get angry for not knowing? Might as well form a group to witch hunt everybody that says something that you find offensive and socially ruin their lives to get the results you're looking for by that point.
To end the ranting: I find that it's all about people's environments, cultures and being angry. Someone thinks a word is bad because they heard such from someone else, everyone else instantly either uses it against everyone else because of it, or go out of their way to shame or call someone out for saying the bad thing for some odd reason; I find myself often firmly right in the middle where both the recent new word is stupid and the people making it so offensive are also stupid - and people just eat that shit up because internet.
Can't we all just get along?

On another note...
My current gripe with CoC2 is that I haven't really touched it lately because I'm kind of waiting on the next update after having either played out what I wanted to play, or actually having gone through all the latest content - and know that the next huge update will likely delete all my saves again anyways for some reason, don't know if anyone else had that happen when 0.4.1 dropped.
Damn you content, come out faster!

Lone Wolf115

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

RoninFive

May 30, 2020
No clear walkthroughs other than those made by players. Yes, it's fun to discover, but sometimes one can spend hours without discovering the new content, because it's not that obvious. Would be nice for those who made the content to make a spoiler-tagged guide for it too.

Lone Wolf115

That Cait is the only officiant for the PC's wedding with Atani. Would be nice if we were able to actually choose the priest, such as potentially having Brother Sanders be the officiant seeing as that definitely seems more in line with his role...
You wanna drag him through the Valley for a wedding? He wouldn't fight anyway he swoar never to fight again considering he hung up his weapon. Plus Cait is already there and it's more fun when she does officiate the wedding.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Since Cait being present at the wedding is part of hooking her and Naiyana up and the threesome content is gated behind the wedding, she actually has to be there and making her the officiant is the easiest way to do that.
Right, well then, if we go by your logic it just moreso confirms it: The wedding is moreso about Cait and her fucking Naiyana than the PC actually getting married to Atani. The whole build up focuses on Cait and her thoughts (her advice, as well the jumping scene, and how the whole village looks at her etc etc), that the actual marriage scene doesn't seem to focus on the PC and Atani.

That's why if we could have Brother Sanders officiate, I'd hope it would actually be a wedding focused around the PC and Atani (seeing as, you know, it's their wedding), moreso than another Cait takes center-stage scene.

Lone Wolf115

I like that Cait officiates the wedding the orgy is a plus a big great plus. ;)

Edit: Like I said I have no problems with the game, Savin and the team put in a lot of time and hard work I don't bitch about what ain't broke. Not saying anyone is bitching.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Context was given in the post (not sure why you took that quote out of context). But again:
Since Cait being present at the wedding is part of hooking her and Naiyana up and the threesome content is gated behind the wedding, she actually has to be there and making her the officiant is the easiest way to do that.
Right, well then, if we go by your logic it just moreso confirms it: The wedding is moreso about Cait and her fucking Naiyana than the PC actually getting married to Atani. The whole build up focuses on Cait and her thoughts (her advice, as well the jumping scene, and how the whole village looks at her etc etc), that the actual marriage scene doesn't seem to focus on the PC and Atani.

That's why if we could have Brother Sanders officiate, I'd hope it would actually be a wedding focused around the PC and Atani (seeing as, you know, it's their wedding), moreso than another Cait takes center-stage scene.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Yeah it's just: that context is so dumb I think my brain hemorrhaged. Cait banging Naiyana is like a side paragraph in a multi-page-event.
Ah, I see. Well it's fine then, if that is once again the only bit you're prepared to address (the Cait-Naiyana bit), instead of everything else I put - then we can take this discussion privately.
In any event, I guess we should be used to Cait being shoehorned into the majority of scenes in the game; as that seems to be the gold standard.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Wut? I don't see how Cait getting rawdogged by the mother of bride makes it all about her. And she's pretty much the deuteragonist, so she isn't really shoehorned into everything else. You can just not bring her places. She's not a requirement.

This more of VISIBLE CONFUSION than a gripe, but how did we skip strap-ons and feeldos and go straight to summonable cock made of solid magical energy? I feel like we skipped a few steps here. Did Anno, in her infinite horniness, drop a HL strap-on and Komari found it and made a magic version?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Some people just can't share the spotlight smh... what these jokers don't get is that Cait is actually not forced on you, besides her guest appearance in the tutorial. You don't have to recruit her afterwards, and Brint can similarly be directed to the Frosthound when you first meet and never be recruited to the Companion roster proper afterward.

Gameplay is gonna be a slog because you need to somehow trudge all the way to the Winter City without a healer before Ryn gets the Queenly Raiment, but at least you'll have Tui to soak up the beatings for a turn or two? :colbert:

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
This more of VISIBLE CONFUSION than a gripe, but how did we skip strap-ons and feeldos and go straight to summonable cock made of solid magical energy? I feel like we skipped a few steps here. Did Anno, in her infinite horniness, drop a HL strap-on and Komari found it and made a magic version?
As far as I know, it's mostly just to reduce the work needed from the writers. If you have a strap-on, a lot of stuff needs to be re-written to fit that. A blowjob scene wouldn't make sense for a strap-on, descriptions of "fill me up with your cum" and the pc shooting their goo inside characters need to be replaced, etc. The magicock, with its own magic faux-cum and tactile sensation, lets female-bodied champs access cock scenes without necessitating a boatload of extra work for the writers.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
As far as I know, it's mostly just to reduce the work needed from the writers. If you have a strap-on, a lot of stuff needs to be re-written to fit that. A blowjob scene wouldn't make sense for a strap-on, descriptions of "fill me up with your cum" and the pc shooting their goo inside characters need to be replaced, etc. The magicock, with its own magic faux-cum and tactile sensation, lets female-bodied champs access cock scenes without necessitating a boatload of extra work for the writers.

I know, I just think it's funny and weird we skipped a few steps to get to magical schlong. Strap-ons? Feeldos? Nah fuck that, we getting summoned dicks to perform Judgment Nut End and knock up up Kiyoko.

motivated.jpg

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I know, I just think it's funny and weird we skipped a few steps to get to magical schlong. Strap-ons? Feeldos?
I mean, dildos do exist in the setting and Janeen, Gweyr and Rune all have strapons, so it's not so much that we skipped them as the writers skipped them because it's so much easier that way. Though we may well get bespoke content in the future that's specifically designed for ghostlight cocks, now that they're implemented. Well, content for the Champ that is, since Cait already has scenes where she can use one and I know there are plans for Brienne as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I know, I just think it's funny and weird we skipped a few steps to get to magical schlong. Strap-ons? Feeldos? Nah fuck that, we getting summoned dicks to perform Judgment Nut End and knock up up Kiyoko.

View attachment 17759
What we learned from Trials in Tainted Space and hardlight strapons is that if f/f content for dildos etc. requires additional writing, it generally won't get written very frequently.

MeiLan

May 15, 2019
Having fun with a certain fight where I am basically being disarmed/silenced to death. So I would like to see either a hard limit on the enemies ability to do something like that or at least allow us to punch the enemies to death.
a bit late to the party but, know that you should always find yourself having the means of dealing damage, if you are disarmed or silenced, then try using a leanan stone, or a ley grenade if you have, you only a re helpless because you didn't prepare for that eventuality.

Magnin

Jul 17, 2020
Some people just can't share the spotlight smh... what these jokers don't get is that Cait is actually not forced on you, besides her guest appearance in the tutorial. You don't have to recruit her afterwards, and Brint can similarly be directed to the Frosthound when you first meet and never be recruited to the Companion roster proper afterward.

Gameplay is gonna be a slog because you need to somehow trudge all the way to the Winter City without a healer before Ryn gets the Queenly Raiment, but at least you'll have Tui to soak up the beatings for a turn or two? :colbert:
I mean.
If you've just left her in the Frosthound this entire time without speaking to her then it's quite awkward to have her shoved in like that.
It's not as if Sanders would be unwilling to officiate a wedding.

nightowlsteaparty

Jul 12, 2021
Idk if this has been said already but, i was sorely disappointed with the kitsune part of the game in general. I was super excited getting into the game for the kitsune men (the named ones) only to find out all but takahiro were non-sexable. Like, if I’m being honest, the named kitsune men are the only men in the game (other than quin, keros, and elyon) that im physically attracted to (Also sad that river isn’t sexable at least once or something)

the women in the game are good but in comparison, the sexable men feel very limited (especially ones i am interested in)

also having they/them option for the pc would be nice. The gendered nicknames and stuff is fine, i just personally want they/them pronouns in game.

(I’m still pretty new with interacting in forums so if I’m incredibly awkward, that is partially why)

EcchiKitty

Jul 16, 2021
Bath scene at Cait's temple defaults back to the FrostHound and a lukewarm tin tub. Perfectly acceptable scene when the bath option is first introduced, but once a nice big temple is built with a room dedicated to the baths, scene really should take place there.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I mean, dildos do exist in the setting and Janine, Gweyr and Rune all have strapons, so it's not so much that we skipped them as the writers skipped them because it's so much easier that way. Though we may well get bespoke content in the future that's specifically designed for ghostlight cocks, now that they're implemented. Well, content for the Champ that is, since Cait already has scenes where she can use one and I know there are plans for Brienne as well.
who's Janine?

Status
Not open for further replies.