Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shion

Feb 5, 2017
I've actually noticed a few mentions of the PC being a catfolk like the first time you have sex with leorah and when you first meat cait in the tutorial and she calls you dad if your a male catfolk, not entirely sure how many are in game though
Brint also changes his comment about a diverse party to being about a catgirl party. And Cait will confuse you with her sister when you're a catgirl.

But being human meshes with the story the most to be honest. Since it doesn't really require any special writing. Same for some of the backgrounds. Hunter is mostly fine for example, but Acolyte is a mess. The game is simply not written to take you being clergy into account.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
My PC should consistently beat Kinu in shogi. He's got maxed INT and is the original prodigy. Kinu's only half of him.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
My PC should consistently beat Kinu in shogi. He's got maxed INT and is the original prodigy. Kinu's only half of him.
She's supposed to be pretty smart for an 8 year old. To quote "astronomical INT, single-digit WIS".
By that, she's super duper smart, maybe even smarter than you.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Kinu has been playing the game for longer than you (years if you're doing it post-freedom) while the Champion has never seen go or shogi before she introduces them to you. It's not terribly surprising that she'll beat you more often than not.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
For some reason then she's never beaten my champion at it though, i thought that was how it was supposed to go if you max out int

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Starts at 6:25

The second half was a bit mean to Kiyoko, so I left that bit out.

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
It's a bother when you can't choose to avoid certain unique NPCs when they're not even related to any sorts of quests. Let the player decide if they don't care about the NPC or events the NPC leads upto and allow the player to avoid them indefinitely.

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
The fact that you're only able to visit Kiyoko or level up through manually sleeping at the Frosthound or at a camp and not when it happens as a part of an event, like after visiting Ragnild past 20:00, when Brienne gives birth, or when breeding the cat harem. I feel as if I just wasted a day.

Omega2178

Aug 2, 2020
Honestly my main grip about COC2 is just something That can’t really Be fixed right now unless they decide to delay the game for many many hours to change this and even then it’s not even a problem more just a personal grip. I just don’t like how my campion does things/says things/reasons things. And this is why I know this probably won’t change for a while or at all because fuck that’s a lot of writing and I cannot have everything.

No shame on the writers because you are giving out some quality content but just sometimes I wish he did/said different things and obviously I can’t have everything so meh I’ll live.

My secondary grips with COC2 Are the lean to two handed unique weapons. I don’t actually think their is a unique light weapon. My thief sort of stuck with flame daggers (which are good don’t get me wrong) and i really want just a few more options because I’m a bitch and want the thrown property when duel wielding. My last thing is just my character introducing himself as a thief. Like what? Why would he even do that?

Last edited:

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
There are plans for a repeatable dream-based encounter with her kind of like what Kiyoko has before you free her, so eventually you'll be able to get your fill of demon momma in between the big story updates.

Excellent.

Though, to bring over a similar thought I had on the TiTS board...

Finding certain encounters is kind of a pain at times, particularly with ones that are rarer.

I don't know if it's possible to implement something like that in this game, but I did like how Fall of Eden and Flexible Survival had a Hunt button that let me specifically search out what random encounter I'd like to run into.

I'd also love to have this in CoC2. That said, given you have some encounters which are tied to a specific region of the map, like the Slimes and Gnolls being based in the south of Harvest Valley, I'm not really sure how well that'd work out.

On an unrelated note, I'd also like it if the Marefolk Shamans that had dicks used them on the PC sometimes in their defeat scenes, not just the other party members.

Last edited:

ToxicBr00d

Aug 12, 2020
Ooooohhhh biggest gripe, well it probably would have to do with the fact that I can't tell which weapon is stronger. I'd wish they tell you what the base attack is, then say +crushing damage 10 or whatever

Reactions: catboybootlicker

RedIce2112

Jul 22, 2019
A minor gripe but I wish for enemies that have a skip the fight and go straight to fucking option still had their character portrait pop up

Reactions: Tendril

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Ooooohhhh biggest gripe, well it probably would have to do with the fact that I can't tell which weapon is stronger. I'd wish they tell you what the base attack is, then say +crushing damage 10 or whatever
The damage types are the base attack stats and weapons can have more than one, it's not like there's a single 'Attack' stat to compare everything against. Which one is 'stronger' depends on a whole lot of factors.

Sep 2, 2020
My biggest gripes at the moment:

1) Quite a few enemy encounters only give you a detailed physical description of the enemy the first time you encounter them. It would be nice to have a "look over" option in combat that gives you details of their appearance again (could be meshed in with the "sense" option.)

2) Having no choice but to kill/deconstruct the honey slime in Azyrra's quest gave me a big sad. I'd be more than happy to write more scenes for her, something like letting you throw the honey key back into the pool once you save the day and what not, especially since it would fit well with anyone going for the "Corrupt Harem Master/Mistress" aesthetic. mainly I just don't like not having the option to not kill things, especially when that thing has boobs.

3) Why does Cait just straight up offer her ass to the Drider Queen, even when the player's butt is empty? I don't know if the defeat scene is just coded incorrectly as to the parameters for activating it, but it doesn't make much sense.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
3) Why does Cait just straight up offer her ass to the Drider Queen, even when the player's butt is empty? I don't know if the defeat scene is just coded incorrectly as to the parameters for activating it, but it doesn't make much sense.
She's protecting your butt by offering up hers. I don't see what's not to get from that.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020
She's protecting your butt by offering up hers. I don't see what's not to get from that.

So she's kept her anal virginity all this time just to willingly give it up so the player can skip getting buttsexed? I could see it making sense if she'd already been deflowered beforehand but otherwise it doesn't really fit with the whole "I'm saving my butt for someone special" thing she has going for her.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
So she's kept her anal virginity all this time just to willingly give it up so the player can skip getting buttsexed? I could see it making sense if she'd already been deflowered beforehand but otherwise it doesn't really fit with the whole "I'm saving my butt for someone special" thing she has going for her.
it's one of the few scenes i don't like from a story point. and somewhat out of character for her i could she her doing it if she was not a anal virgin butt the fact you you don't even get a say in the matter is odd. at least make it so you can say no to her for her sake. for that reason i tend to run from the drider or only fight her if i know there is no way of my losing.

Zawarado

Aug 29, 2020
Yeah huh..that's a pretty good point. Cait is totally the type who would bite the bullet and get egged for you, she's a total bestie. But yeah it definitely feels odd that this scene is happening in the first place when her anal virginity is something she wants to protect. Are we, the champion, already that important to Cait that she'd sacrifice her anal virginity and get egged just so we don't?

Reactions: Zerva

Zerva

Mar 25, 2016
I have two particular gripes really and I am sure they've already been covered tenfold in here but ah well.

First and foremost: Why on earth does our PC getting KO'd end combat? We got too horny and suddenly Cait and Brint and everybody else we party with just gets instalossed? It's especially troublesome because it makes tank builds unnecessarily risky and ultimately more of a hindrance than having no tank at all. At least with no tank at all the combat doesn't just end the same turn Cait goes down so we at least have a chance of a comeback. Having a companion that can tank for us or not is not a valid reason that we as a player should not be able to without the inherent risk of the battle ending the exact instant our PC goes down. It's just poor design that could be avoided by letting us continue combat when the tank (us) goes down so that there is a chance our tanking might have held the enemy back long enough for a killing blow. Warriors have all this threat stuff but can they actually use it without risking a total party wipe?

Second: Why are the stats we are allowed to rank up tied to our background? For our starting bonuses and the like I can understand why those exist. Why, however, is my Orc Warrior Soldier physically incapable of boosting his Presence or his Cunning? I'd much rather just select my roleplay background and be able to level up any stat I want for any build I want without being locked out of two statlines simply because he was a Soldier instead of a Barbarian. Background should be background RP details or minor boosts and story quips as we go through the world. It shouldn't be how we unlock a basic feature or get locked out of a basic feature of leveling up.

Also: Please add more one-handed spell damage weapons liked the Sanctified Gladius! We have six two-handed melee weapons with spellpower and two one-handed melee weapon with spellpower. The Flaming Dagger and the Gladius. I want to use your off-hand catalysts!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Second: Why are the stats we are allowed to rank up tied to our background? For our starting bonuses and the like I can understand why those exist. Why, however, is my Orc Warrior Soldier physically incapable of boosting his Presence or his Cunning? I'd much rather just select my roleplay background and be able to level up any stat I want for any build I want without being locked out of two statlines simply because he was a Soldier instead of a Barbarian. Background should be background RP details or minor boosts and story quips as we go through the world. It shouldn't be how we unlock a basic feature or get locked out of a basic feature of leveling up.

Also: Please add more one-handed spell damage weapons liked the Sanctified Gladius! We have six two-handed melee weapons with spellpower and two one-handed melee weapon with spellpower. The Flaming Dagger and the Gladius. I want to use your off-hand catalysts!
For the first, respec at any trainer.

For the also bit, I agree, though again that should apply to more one-handers in general but that's been said a lot by now.

Zerva

Mar 25, 2016
For the first, respec at any trainer.

Thing is I don't believe we should need to spend 300 gold every time I level up to correct something we should have the inherent ability to do. Leveling up is supposed to be a "Yay!" situation not a "Well time to pay Garth money so I can use the stats I actually want."

Zerva

Mar 25, 2016
300 gold is literally nothing.
I'm not griping about the game's gold economy particularly. If you want to approach it from that angle however sure let's roll with that. It being 'nothing' supports my claim that it's an unnecessary limitation as that implies, by your admission, it's barely even an obstacle. So why have it in the first place instead of simply having the respec be a respec instead of our only means of investing in non-affinity stats if it's so easy to do so anyways?

I am hearing no arguments 'for' the system by the way. Just pointing out options present in the game that let me get around this, from my perspective, design flaw.

Reactions: GrievousKhan

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
First and foremost: Why on earth does our PC getting KO'd end combat?

The boss wants the champion's contribution to the party and by extent battle to be paramount -- you are the only one with the flexibility and power compared to your far more static companions, and in that sense, carry your party. There is also the matter of player-only control being the default battle style and the only battle style early in the game's life; he didn't want people sitting at the screen watching autocombat complete, nor be overly carried by their companions.

While there was some disagreement in the core dev team about this decision, he had the final say in this and we've fallen in line in the years since then.

Second: Why are the stats we are allowed to rank up tied to our background?

The boss wanted one's background, race and class to have some minor meaning without being overly restrictive. The three sets of three each provided would provide reasonable coverage of most stats while only extreme archetypes would have more than one stat blocked.

Respec exists to correct that, at a small fee.

These decisions have been discussed in the past at considerable length, and are unlikely to be revisited any time soon. While I'll never say never, I wouldn't hold my breath for changes, especially since we just looked at reworking the tutorial and some basic systems not too long ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.