Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I think you're getting a little too heated about this discussion. Why are you taking these gripes like they're a personal attack?

Except you didn't write your gripes here, you just started critisizing people out of the blue, with no respect whatsoever to the game itself, and by extent, the people that develop it. Just saying "ah sorry i didn't pay atention to this" doesn't excuse your disregard for respect.

I'm being rude because you're being annoying. You want to talk, talk. but stop trying to shove your opinion down people's throats as if you stood in some sort of moral high ground.

Whoa, whoa, let's pump the brakes here, fellas, I think this argument is starting to spiral out of control.

Sorry about that, i won't reply anymore.

Tuntud

Mar 10, 2017
Except you didn't write your gripes here, you just started critisizing people out of the blue, with no respect whatsoever to the game itself, and by extent, the people that develop it. Just saying "ah sorry i didn't pay atention to this" doesn't excuse your disregard for respect.

I'm being rude because you're being annoying. You want to talk, talk. but stop trying to shove your opinion down people's throats as if you stood in some sort of moral high ground.

Sorry about that, i won't reply anymore.

I didn't criticise people, I criticised the game. Isn't that the reason this thread exists? If I seemed disrespectful I am sorry, but I am not the one slinging around terms like 'lack of respect' and telling people that if they don't like everything they can just leave. There's no need to get so defensive about all of this.

That's all I have to say.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Moral Relativism isn't a good look, dude.
Sir I live outside the United States of America.
I am not lumbered with "exceptionalism"
It was the moral absolutist that plunged my country in to 30 years of sectarian bloodshed
So maybe we have a different idea of what "good" looks like

Are you advocating for slavery simply because it's an intrinsic part of a culture?

No, denying another's humanity is a terrible thing to do and is designed to enable you to behave unspeakably with out psychological consequence.
To establish a system to perform this on an industrial scale is the ultimate accolade to the fiendish brilliance of the human mind when combined with notions of property. [1 Timothy 6:10]

But I can only say that from here a place of relative abundance, it is this abundance that allows concepts of rights to be considered.

If exploiting a captive was all that was keeping my kids from starving then I doubt I would take the high road.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
So, this was already said by someone else here about 2 months ago, but I didn't really see much discussion on it aside from one person saying that they agree and feel it should be moved to silly mode.
I don't like Kiyoko being referred to as your "slut-wife." It's rather annoying, because a description of being a slut usually has a rather derogatory context. Even if one accepts or even enjoys the label being applied to them, it's a descriptor of someone who you would know mainly for having sex. And yes, lots of what you do with Kiyoko is fucking, and Kitsune society is rather promiscuous as a result of the essence transferal. And perhaps, I'd not really care if in certain contexts she was described as "slutty wife" or even just "slut," though that second one isn't quite accurate for how our characters interact with Kiyoko. But the term "slut-wife" is just weird, and takes you out of the scene. Because instead of an adjective modifying a noun, it's two nouns just mashed together despite having wildly different meanings.

Reactions: Kesil and Violyn

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I don't like how the Champion is such an asshole. My champion has absolutely no corruption. But after The Den was attacked, the champion's been acting like a dick.

When talking about Nakano to Mai, he gets all uppity saying shit like Nakano should've stopped the 40 plus bandits from attacking the Den and going on about useless Nakano was even though it wasn't his responsibility to protect the Den, it was the Champions. Or when talking to Miko, from the way it's worded, Miko's afraid that the Champion's gonna blow up and attack her if she says anything wrong. The Champion can barely control himself. While Kinu, the one who was actually attacked, isn't acting so crazy.

Also, when dealing with Hethia in Winter City. Although my champion chose to fight her, he's being just as much of a dick as she is maybe even more. He's incredibly self-assured and arrogant. Hethia does have a point when she says the Champion has a very small understanding of Bo'real culture and history and that he shouldn't really play any part in the diplomatic talks. Not even mentioning that the relationship the Champion has with Etheryn almost guarantees favoritism towards her side. But the Champion instead of considering any of this, just decides that Hethia is salty about getting her ass kicked and goes on to call her a "bratty school girl" and a "stuck-up know it all", it's incredibly ironic.

The Champions gotta stop being a dick. Stop being so reactive and bratty. I could understand if a corrupted champion was this insufferable, but a pure Champion really shouldn't be acting like this.

Edit: I just realized that most of the things I'm complaining about were written by @The Observer. Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to attack you or anything like that Tobs. I love all your other work with Kiyoko and the other Kitsune. I just got annoyed with how the Champion was acting and decided to rant a bit here.

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I don't like how the Champion is such an asshole. My champion has absolutely no corruption. But after The Den was attacked, the champion's been acting like a dick.
The Champions gotta stop being a dick. Stop being so reactive and bratty. I could understand if a corrupted champion was this insufferable, but a pure Champion really shouldn't be acting like this.
So, I haven't really seen much of this sort of thing (though it is sort of similar to my thing about not wanting Kiyoko to be called your "slut-wife"). But also, I've explicitly held out on doing the Den stuff until I get Kiyoko to max level, and when I did the Winter Palace thing that character had done the conversation battle with Hethia, rather than fought her. But, I totally agree with you: I don't want the Champion to be a dick. That's not how I play them, at all. It sounds like it'd be pretty annoying to have them act that way despite that.

Anyways, unrelated to that, here's two other gripes which have been brought up before, but haven't really had anything done about since: The first is milk. Specifically, that you can't milk yourself (or do any masturbation options, for that matter) without just immediately falling asleep, potentially sleeping for nearly 24 hours as sleep ends at a set time rather than just causing 8 or so hours to pass like TiTS. Why is it that our champion can fuck like a god for the whole day without getting tired but the moment they get themselves off they just conk out? Especially why can't we just milk ourselves at any time that we can masturbate, without needing to get a companion involved? As it is, instead of milking yourself when you need to, you either need to fuck or to be at a point in terms of time where you can accept your character falling asleep at the end of it. This was talked about in the "What content would you like added" thread, back on April 11, and Savin said:
Yeah we've talked about getting rid of the sleep-on-fap stuff. Strong possibility there.
I'm mostly just asking for that to actually happen, since he did say that it was a strong possibility.

And my second gripe is also something that was talked about in that other thread. It's that Etheryn's size limit is stuck at 12 inches and any longer makes you do the "monstrous" ass fucking, and I don't want to do dickish corrupt stuff. I like giving my characters frankly unrealistic cock sizes, and the only reason why I don't do so in CoC2 is because of Etheryn. As it is, forced to choose between having a really large dick and being able to fuck Etheryn like a normal, decent, non-dickheaded person, I'm choosing to be able to fuck her like a normal person, but I don't really want to have to choose. Savin has also talked about it in the aforementioned thread:
You're SUPPOSED to be able to but it's not really working out liked I'd intended and I'm thinking more and more about just removing her size reqs.
This was much more recent, only about a month and a half ago on June 25. It's also a lot less definitive, and I can live with her currently being this way assuming that's what Savin wants for her character, but it still annoys me that I have to keep my character's dick small (I say small but 12 inches is 7 inches longer than the average dick length of actual people) to not turn my character into an absolutely awful person the moment they try to fuck Etheryn. I especially don't like that you don't get a warning before getting locked into a corrupting scene: On the sex selection screen, there's nothing about "your dick's too large, and the Assfuck's popup is just "Take Ryn's ass for a ride." And then, once you've started the assfuck scene, there's no "back" or "nevermind" or "let's do something else actually" option. You can not select tenderly or roughly, because your dick doesn't fit, there's only the "monstrously" option. It isn't even an option at that point, you are forced to try to fuck her with a too-large dick, with absolutely no warning prior to the point where this "option" is forced upon you. And sure, once you've done it, you're free to reload a save (assuming you had a save recent enough that you could without loosing progress, but why would you save right before fucking one of your companions?) but it still sucks that, in the moment, your character is forced to become evil, with literally no warning given, unless your character has the overly large dick when Etheryn first shows that she's caged.

Reactions: Violyn

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
And my second gripe is also something that was talked about in that other thread. It's that Etheryn's size limit is stuck at 12 inches and any longer makes you do the "monstrous" ass fucking

I think that's actually been changed, and if not it's on the docket of things to do.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It seems like it's been relaxed a bit yeah, I just tried at 16in and it allowed it. The new limit is probably 16 or 17in then, 'cause when I tried 18in it defaulted to Monstrously again.

Unless I somehow hit a bug or something, I can't seem to replicate it anymore, since I was just using an older save file and I did not save my changes after testing. :|

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I think that's actually been changed, and if not it's on the docket of things to do.
Huh, odd. For me, I've been testing it with a savefile by taking a character with a 9 inch cock and giving them enough turgid-infused blue eggs to increase their dick size beyond 12 (generally just 2 eggs). I just now tried it with a 13 inch cock, and it defaulted to monstrously. And I've checked the version numbers, so it is on the current patch.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Almost sure it has something to do with increasing Ryn's anal stretchiness or capacity. I save edited her capacity values (the elasticity was too high already) and she was able to take a 24 incher.

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
Huh, odd. For me, I've been testing it with a savefile by taking a character with a 9 inch cock and giving them enough turgid-infused blue eggs to increase their dick size beyond 12 (generally just 2 eggs). I just now tried it with a 13 inch cock, and it defaulted to monstrously. And I've checked the version numbers, so it is on the current patch.
It also depends on how thick your cock is not just length so chances are you somehow managed to make it thicker.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It also depends on how thick your cock is not just length so chances are you somehow managed to make it thicker.
I tested it with a character who's only dick transformatives have been Turgid Mushroom-infused blue eggs, and it is otherwise just a plain human cock aside from being 13 inches long. Still defaulted to monstrously.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Don't know if that'll help, but i did that scene with Ryn repeatedly with a 12 incher before realizing i could use a thicker one. You might have to train her a bit.

savagesix

Nov 18, 2017
I don't hate the idea of genderbending Brint but I vastly prefer Brint's design to Brienne's. I think it's the humanish face. She doesn't seem very 'minotaur'-y to me. I've actually seen some pretty decent lady minotaur art out there. It'd be nice to have an art option, anyways. Though tbh I may just keep Brint Brint, he's still sexy.

Also I know it's been said before but I do really hope there ends up being a way to convince Cait to get pregnant. Even if it ends up being lategame content that you can't unlock until you resolve her search for her sister or something.

Tabac_Iberez

Aug 16, 2020
Stupid gripe, but the Dog Days quest doesn't trigger if you rest or spend the night with a Companion at the bar, only if you 'sleep' which is a bit confusing!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also I know it's been said before but I do really hope there ends up being a way to convince Cait to get pregnant. Even if it ends up being lategame content that you can't unlock until you resolve her search for her sister or something.
Pretty sure she makes a too-aware almost-meta-seeming jab at the idea of you going to reverse her tattoos effect the moment you learn a way to reverse it later. So that fact that she knows you'd try it, I doubt she'd be convinced.
Along with the fact that her lifestyle involves slutting around without big consequences.

Rear Admiral Chimera

Jan 12, 2017
She is not opposed to raising a family eventually. She has other things to worry about during the beginning of the game; it would be logical that she would only divulge such information once the adventure is over.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I think it's great that there are characters in this game who will say "not right now" or "maybe after we're done saving the world" when you talk to them about kids (rather than "fuck no" or "gods yes"). Yeah, I know, pregnancy fetish and all. But holy shit, not being around my newborn baby for the first, what, month or two of its life would rip me to pieces.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
She is not opposed to raising a family eventually. She has other things to worry about during the beginning of the game; it would be logical that she would only divulge such information once the adventure is over.

That's true though, forgot about that. Imo though, a lot would have to happen i think (besides the endgame) for Cait to make a decision like that. She's pretty young, got a lot of things to do and people to fuck, so making that decision in the span of two months, which is the span of time the game happens in, seems a little forced maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if she decided to just go back to her old way of life in the temple of Mallach once everything returns to normal. That is, if her sister returns the way she used to be before going through the portal, if she ever returns at all.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
I don't hate the idea of genderbending Brint but I vastly prefer Brint's design to Brienne's. I think it's the humanish face. She doesn't seem very 'minotaur'-y to me. I've actually seen some pretty decent lady minotaur art out there. It'd be nice to have an art option, anyways. Though tbh I may just keep Brint Brint, he's still sexy.

That's just how Brint's subset of Minotaur works. The Khor'minos women are basically "standard" humanish cowgirls. The Northern Minotaur women are full furry cowgirls, complete with cow-like faces (Kavi, for example, is a Northerner), while their men are humanlike cowboys.

Reactions: rafabud

rafabud

Nov 27, 2019
anyone else thinks Arona's nude bust looks weird? I think it's the pose, but her proportions seem a bit wonky.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's not just a case of not wanting to get pregnant (which would be problematic for her on both a personal and spiritual level, though she's not opposed to it happening eventually) but it's a matter of a really powerful enchantment that makes it so she can't get pregnant even if she wants to. Whether the means to reverse it are even within the Champion's reach is unknown, since for all we know it could require something that requires a trip to Jassira to obtain. And even if you could, she'd refuse to take it.

That said, an ending variation where this does happen and we see Cait with a bunch of disgustingly adorable kitties wouldn't be something I'd object to, I just don't see it happening during the couple of months or so the game is supposed to take place over.

savagesix

Nov 18, 2017
I am fully aware of the lore justifications for the situation as it stands.

honestly the same argument can be made for things that definitely can happen to other characters in the game. My counter is that it is just a game and that with good enough writing it can be made to gel well enough in the story to be believable. I'm not demanding it, just saying a thing that irks me a little.

Reactions: Kesil and Violyn

Throg

Jul 3, 2020
tuna can
not havin rut as a catboy is the bigest disappointment in my list of things

Actually, ya know, I've kinda noticed that catfolk related content is a little short in general. There's even instances where Cait, Tam, Leorah, and Vari all talk about catfolk like you're not one. I know it just isn't really within the scope to make race tags relevant to every encounter, but there doesn't seem to be anything cat-like about a catfolk champion (even among other catfolk).

Reactions: Mercuriussnake

snorlaxfan543

Jul 18, 2019
I've actually noticed a few mentions of the PC being a catfolk like the first time you have sex with leorah and when you first meat cait in the tutorial and she calls you dad if your a male catfolk, not entirely sure how many are in game though

Status
Not open for further replies.