Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Adding more enemies would mean earning XP faster, and thus hitting the level cap faster.
How would it? If every individual encounter has a separate chance to happen per tile or exploration, then sure, but I doubt that happens (both because only one encounter happens at any time, and also because the explore option selects one encounter, guaranteed, even if it's a generic non-combat encounter). I think that it's probably more likely that it's a random chance for a random encounter to happen when you're moving, and then a chance after that for a specific encounter to happen. So if you're moving around it won't really mean that much, and if you're exploring (which admittedly must be done before moving), then that just means a slightly higher chance that your encounter will be a combat encounter. Assuming so, and assuming that the enemies would have the same XP as other enemies in the area, that would mean only marginally faster leveling earlier, and likely slower leveling later, when going back through areas, since it'll take away from the encounter rate of higher XP enemies.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
This is unrelated but is the bit about Nakano seeming to only smile when Kinu is around meant to appear in the description of his appearance regardless of whether Kinu actually exists or not? Because she doesn't in my one playthrough, so, seeing her be mentioned broke my immersion a bit, to be honest.

When did it happen? When you first met Takahiro? I imagine Nakano put that smile in there to at least excuse Takahiro's drunkness, ala a cringe smile.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
When did it happen? When you first met Takahiro? I imagine Nakano put that smile in there to at least excuse Takahiro's drunkness, ala a cringe smile.

I speed-ran through a new playthrough because I accidentally lost all of my save files, so, my memory's a little fuzzy.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Not much of a gripe really but I lately feel like there are not enough "evil enemy" encounters. When you go to the Foothills, for example, almost every encounter feels friendly after a while.

You have harpies and yeah, Zhara fights you but she is not really your enemy. You have Vaush but he isn't really an enemy either and even stops attacking you after RoC. You have Byvernia but her encounters feels more like a friendly sparr after a while. You also have Grette but you don't even have to fight her so the only "true enemy" encounters are wyvern girl and manticore, being overwhelmed by the friendly vibes of the rest.

This gripe is even more notorious in the Frostwood, where after a while almost every encounter becomes a friendly one.

It really is not an issue, since I love all of the encounters and the character behind them, but I think more enemies could be added to balance it a bit.
That's where enemies like undead or constructs should come in

Reactions: drossbots and Fleep

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
That's where enemies like undead or constructs should come in

that is a good point, corporeal undead are a no-go in terms of sex so skeletons and zombies work for generic enemies. another idea is adding more animal enemies like the wolves in the forest. could add Giant spider (not Dryders), mountain lions, more wolves in other areas like the Harvest Valley (maybe make them stronger and call them Dire Wolves?). even just naturally occurring elementals like earth, ice, water, and air elementals. ideas are pretty cheap though, Maybe I should look at the guide for making enemy encounters and try my hand at it.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I'd still like a Skeleton summon/semi-companion filling the amusing nonhuman party member kind of role.
Semi-Companion being that while they would be summoned into fights via an item (Their own talking skull?) they'd get stronger over time based on the level of the player character instead of being static and you'd be able to chat with them like all the other followers back at the inn.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
I'd still like a Skeleton summon/semi-companion filling the amusing nonhuman party member kind of role.
Semi-Companion being that while they would be summoned into fights via an item (Their own talking skull?) they'd get stronger over time based on the level of the player character instead of being static and you'd be able to chat with them like all the other followers back at the inn.

I think you wanna take that to the "What Content you would like added" thread rather than the gripes thread though I can understand why you would state this here with the talk about the undead. Considering I myself elaborated on someones else's idea I am pretty much throwing rocks in a glass house haha

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021
bushel tentacle cocks aren't treated as big cocks in dialogues for ex. you'd be having marefolk shaman laughing at your world-ending collection of green dicks and call it tiny when these dicks can skewer her two times over (and adjust accordingly if they cannot)

other than that the combat system is so addictive that the sex and the story are just tldrs to me. i am always itching to see how my max presence charmer would perform and thus i have absolutely no idea what is going on with characters like kiyoko (i suddenly got her pregnant?) and brienne (i suddenly got her pregnant?). obviously as the other games have relatively simpler combat systems, they do not face this problem

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
bushel tentacle cocks aren't treated as big cocks in dialogues for ex. you'd be having marefolk shaman laughing at your world-ending collection of green dicks and call it tiny when these dicks can skewer her two times over (and adjust accordingly if they cannot)

other than that the combat system is so addictive that the sex and the story are just tldrs to me. i am always itching to see how my max presence charmer would perform and thus i have absolutely no idea what is going on with characters like kiyoko (i suddenly got her pregnant?) and brienne (i suddenly got her pregnant?). obviously as the other games have relatively simpler combat systems, they do not face this problem

Turns out the tentacocks have a hidden length value that's reset from what you had before you got the tentacocks. If you take enough penis growth potions after receiving the tentacocks then the Mare should recognize your cock as being big...

But yeah that discrepancy is annoying. The tentacocks should probably be set to default to triggering the maximum size version of any given scene..

Personally I wish we could mix and match different cock types. Rather than having two of the same. If I could, I'd have my first cock be a horse cock and my second cock would be tentacle cocks.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
Turns out the tentacocks have a hidden length value that's reset from what you had before you got the tentacocks. If you take enough penis growth potions after receiving the tentacocks then the Mare should recognize your cock as being big...

But yeah that discrepancy is annoying. The tentacocks should probably be set to default to triggering the maximum size version of any given scene..

Personally I wish we could mix and match different cock types. Rather than having two of the same. If I could, I'd have my first cock be a horse cock and my second cock would be tentacle cocks.

Does increasing the "size" of the Bushel Dick too much make it so you can't have sex with Ryn non-roughly like every other type of dick?

Aliame1950

Jan 4, 2021

whoa, thank you for this!

Does increasing the "size" of the Bushel Dick too much make it so you can't have sex with Ryn non-roughly like every other type of dick?

tried it. yes. all in all the descriptor for bushel cocks are in error and they don't adjust sizes to make all the size sexing options available or recognized. i'm guessing this can be fixed with an option to choose tentacle size every scene or bring back the multi-dick myriad of various sizes that we can do in coc 1 and tits

Last edited:
Reactions: Milkman

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020
Demon Cultists are still too OP even for a level 6 party. fighting 4+ enemies who are primarily doing resolve damage and have abilities that buff their sexiness, you have very little defense and unfortunately, it seems my party members are worse off than my character.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Demon Cultists are still too OP even for a level 6 party. fighting 4+ enemies who are primarily doing resolve damage and have abilities that buff their sexiness, you have very little defense and unfortunately, it seems my party members are worse off than my character.
I recommend targeting the Temptress(es) first and wrecking their shit early. That's the character that does the most resolve damage, but they don't have much health and easily get wiped in a turn or two. After that, the demons don't have much that can actually hurt a level 6 party.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
Is it meant to be a mandatory game effect that you have to level up to maximum before you take on any of the big story fights? I just went up against Tahldahs, and he one-shotted my entire party except for the Champion, who lasted long enough to take a second action. Granted we were down a few HP from earlier fights, but still, he's so insanely OP that I don't know how you can possibly beat him, unless you can just one-shot him with Assassinate (I haven't used that often enough to be sure whether it's effective against bosses).

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Is it meant to be a mandatory game effect that you have to level up to maximum before you take on any of the big story fights?
All the major dungeons and fights are geared towards parties of a particular level, but what that is depends on when in the game the player is expected to encounter them. The Den of Foxes and the Palace of Ice were designed around then-max level parties (5) though the former can be beaten below it as can Sigrune with the right strategy and the Glacial Rift is in the 5-6 range but everything else in the current build is intended to be done at lower levels. The Centaur Village is intended to be doable comfortably below the cap since it's something you can do earlier on a fresh game.

Taldahs has some very obvious weaknesses that can be exploited if you use Sense on him to check.

Iunless you can just one-shot him with Assassinate (I haven't used that often enough to be sure whether it's effective against bosses).
Assassinate isn't some kind of special deathblow skill, it's literally just an attack with a massive damage boost and some secondary effects added on. It works exactly the same on boss-type enemies as it does on everything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paradox01

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
I did talk to Tahldas; after all the talking I did, he still attacked, with flavor text implying that he would have been unbeatable if I hadn't talked to him, whereas now I had a chance. In other words, I assumed the talking-down was just to turn off his "invulnerable" status, so that a fair fight was possible. Turned out, not so fair. So I get to beat up Lustrider Tollus for the third fucking time, because I can't save during this scenario that has a hard boss, followed by a very hard boss, followed by an apparently invincible superboss, all with no saving and no backing out. *seethe*

All the major dungeons and fights are geared towards parties of a particular level, but what that is depends on when in the game the player is expected to encounter them. The Den of Foxes and the Palace of Ice were designed around then-max level parties (5)

Well my level 5 party has failed twice to make it past the wolfrider elf chick at the entry to Winter City (I assume that's what you mean by the Palace of Ice).

Taldahs has some very obvious weaknesses if you use Sense on him that can be exploited.

Given that he gets three turns for every one turn for each of your characters, it hardly matters what his weakness is, unless all your characters win initiative (which doesn't even seem to be possible). You'd have to kill him on your first or second action, because after that you're dead. Maybe it's not quite as bad as it looks, but the aforementioned "three bosses in a row, no save" is putting a very bad taste in my mouth.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I did talk to Tahldas; after all the talking I did, he still attacked, with flavor text implying that he would have been unbeatable if I hadn't talked to him, whereas now I had a chance
If you're fighting at all then it means you've failed, or you're doing it on purpose. There is a trick to talking your way out of it but it's not what you're thinking. Maybe if you knew more about him before starting the fight...

Given that he gets three turns for every one turn for each of your characters, it hardly matters what his weakness is
Actually, no, it really does matter. Devote one fight to using Sense until you get it, then lose. You'll carry over the knowledge to the next time if you need to recheck the stats. That you aren't interested in making use of the tools the game gives you doesn't make a fight unfair.

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020
I picked all the conversational options, other than Do Nothing; eventually I ran them all out and was left with Fight.

And no way am I deliberately losing after having had to slog through three fights. If I have another round where everyone but the Champ dies and Taldas is still at full, I'll Sense before I'm killed, but with my luck it'll probably fail, just as my Flee attempts (not versus bosses obviously) almost always fail. (And it's bad game design to treat "lose the game to gain knowledge, then restart and use that knowledge" as a deliberate tactic. That sort of thing might be impossible to avoid for logistical reasons, but it's certainly inappropriate to encourage it; it'd be like allowing football players to freeze the enemy team and walk the ball across the goal line, because Madden NFL 64 has a glitch where the AI hangs, and you wanted to intentionally reproduce that in other versions of football.)

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
The Taldahs conversation fight is like baby's first debate. It's super easy, even if you don't get extra info about him from Ahmri just by paying attention to what he's saying and how he reacts.

Gytha isn't hard to beat either unless you get unlucky. Resolve her down and stun and beat down her dog. The only time I lose to her is when I'm trying to bait out Overbear for Mirror Stance learning and I get unlucky.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I picked all the conversational options, other than Do Nothing; eventually I ran them all out and was left with Fight.
Doing. It. Wrong. You either didn't pay attention to the conversation (you have to say things in the right order) or you didn't learn enough about Taldahs before the encounter to be able to easily complete the sequence.

it'd be like allowing football players to freeze the enemy team and walk the ball across the goal line, because Madden NFL 64 has a glitch where the AI hangs, and you wanted to intentionally reproduce that in other versions of football.)
That's not the same kind of thing at all, one is an unintended glitch and the other is taking advantage of the fact that you're playing a game and can do things like reload a save and try again if you fail the first time. The Retry option is literally a free save point that takes you back to just before you initiate any fight that results in a game over. Given how much you're bitching about the lack of in-dungeon saving, I'd think you'd appreciate that the game doesn't require you to redo the entire thing over again each time.

GraphiteCrow

Apr 6, 2020

And no way am I deliberately losing after having had to slog through three fights. If I have another round where everyone but the Champ dies and Taldas is still at full, I'll Sense before I'm killed, but with my luck it'll probably fail, just as my Flee attempts (not versus bosses obviously) almost always fail. (And it's bad game design to treat "lose the game to gain knowledge, then restart and use that knowledge" as a deliberate tactic. That sort of thing might be impossible to avoid for logistical reasons, but it's certainly inappropriate to encourage it; it'd be like allowing football players to freeze the enemy team and walk the ball across the goal line, because Madden NFL 64 has a glitch where the AI hangs, and you wanted to intentionally reproduce that in other versions of football.)

The Chieftain will give you a question while you are talking with him, it has 3 answers, 1 of them is correct. Take into account what he says, take into account the reason you are even in the Centaur village in the 1st place. Why is he fighting? why did he take Kasyrra's power. you get the answer and you win without needing to fight him.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Given that he gets three turns for every one turn for each of your characters, it hardly matters what his weakness is,

I love it that this is said as if it's some kind of cheaty, overwhelming advantage when it's needed to even out the action and recharge economy between the opposing sides.

Honestly, maybe you just suck at the game.

Story mode is always a thing if people don't want to bother with the game part of the game.

Honestly, maybe you just suck at the game.

For reference, Taldahs is meant to be a middling level 4 encounter if you fight him.

That's about the level Brint stops being an effective carry because of his 75% blight and pheromone weaknesses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.