Wsan CoC2 content

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Since she is a princess, does that mean the kid would be royalty?
Evelyn's a runaway princess so... probably not. We don't know the details (yer?) but she mentions being a fourth daughter and is hiding from people who want their political pawn back. She may not be officially disinherited depending on whatever it is that led to her running and hiding in the first place but it's a safe bet that any children she could have with the Champion and her harem- I mean your companions, wouldn't be acknowledged.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Evelyn's a runaway princess so... probably not. We don't know the details (yer?) but she mentions being a fourth daughter and is hiding from people who want their political pawn back. She may not be officially disinherited depending on whatever it is that led to her running and hiding in the first place but it's a safe bet that any children she could have with the Champion and her harem- I mean your companions, wouldn't be acknowledged.
Runaway or not should not affect her royal status, nor does being a pawn. It all comes down to the kingdom's successions laws. Sure, it's a bastard child, but not all succession laws cared about that. Take the Merovingian dynasty, anyone with a Merovingian father was Merovingian nobility, even if they were born to a maid out of wedlock.

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Speaking of Evelyn figured I'd ask this for everyone whose curious doesn't matter to me either way But will there be a expac where the champ can dom her instead?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Since she is a princess, does that mean the kid would be royalty?
This will be addressed in the pregnancy content.

Speaking of Evelyn figured I'd ask this for everyone whose curious doesn't matter to me either way But will there be a expac where the champ can dom her instead?
Yes.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I'm going to run an informal poll about the sleepy snek, so talk about it here.

Where do you want the sleepy snek to end up when I write this expansion?
A) Hawkethorne
Most vanilla option. She'll set up in the forge to sleep and Ogrish will deal with it because she's 800 lbs and not damaging his shit and he can't be bothered. This is the option for people who just want her to be easily accessible.
B) Leothran village
The original alternative. They always have a fire going, they're big fluffy cats, and Vari is there. I originally didn't like this idea but came around to it after thinking about it. This will include a minor rewrite to the leothran village to make it so you can always access it instead of having to RNG it from Vari, which is my least favourite aspect of it because rewriting old content is the worst part of my job.
C) Any camp you make in the frostwood
Someone else thought this idea up and it's a pretty good idea. She can just show up looking for your campfire and get cosy with you and your party. This also requires the least work on my part, which is an added bonus and means I'm more likely to write more snex.

I will say that some combo of B and C, or just C, have proven to be the preferred option elsewhere. Feel free to comment and debate your preference. I've been writing Brienne scenes in the meantime.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I chose C, because not all the npcs should group to Hawkethorne. It also worked out really well with Ahmri, so sleepy snake would be easily accessible.

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Definitely C, this way it gives the camps more importance when in Frostwood usually I just zoom by but for snake girl I'll stop by often. Also looking forward to the next Brienne scenes keep up the awesome work

Edit: I also just had a thought don't the camps in Frostwood expire after a set amount of time? Where will she go once timer's up? Or will she just take care of the place for us?

Last edited:

Strijoca

Aug 27, 2015
I think that C would be the most appropriate choice, imho.
But if you feel like it and think it'll work, do a mix of B and C, but more of C.

Last edited:

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
C sounds nice, so long as it is clear that you need to set up camp, and we do not get semi-regular questions on how to get her, like we do with the hornet quest.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Definitely C, this way it gives the camps more importance when in Frostwood usually I just zoom by but for snake girl I'll stop by often. Also looking forward to the next Brienne scenes keep up the awesome work

Edit: I also just had a thought don't the camps in Frostwood expire after a set amount of time? Where will she go once timer's up? Or will she just take care of the place for us?
It'll be like Ahmri, she just shows up where ever you camp is at. There won't be a set place for her, she'll wander off to sleep somewhere else when you're no longer in camp with a nice, warm fire going.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I'd say C too. Sounds like it's the least-stress approach and it provides another reason to make a camp in the area which is kind of nice for the sense of immersion.

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
B or C makes sense, C from a content perspective but B is very appealing because I would love to see the Village become a real location rather than RNG encounter. I mentioned it on the discord how it is weird to have it be a stationary location that can't be accessed but Savin said that the scope of it/Vari got a little out of hand when you were writing it.

TLDR I would love to be able to go to the Leothran village whenever I want, Vari could even still be walking around the forstwood too as a encounter/shortcut there

Also you should totally make this a poll in the thread or a new thread so you don't have to dig through all these posts for results

Reactions: Violyn

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I'll be going with C. I was going to do the leothran village thing but upon re-reading Vari's content I'd have to rewrite pretty much all of it so fuck it. Unfortunately, it was never meant to be a real visitable location from the outset and it wasn't really a problem until the additional content made it somewhat significant. On the bright side, snek will show up to your camp for warmth and you'll be able to interact with her.

Anonarts

Jun 27, 2020
There will be another opportunity to make the village an actual place, I'm sure.
I'm big on making camps more fleshed out, so I'm happy we're getting some more camp centered content.

QTPie

Mar 20, 2020
I think all the options had their merits. A definitely appears to be the least popular option by a landslide and it definitely had the least appeal to me, but I’ll admit the idea of a sleepy snek just making its nest right next to the forge and Ogrish going ‘well, guess this is my life now’ is too cute to dismiss entirely.

I feel like C was the best choice if only because I like seeing the possibility of more location-specific NPCs showing up at camp; Azzy hanging out pre-Dungeon While you camp in the forest would have been a cool route to see, and cute elf boi needs to show his face more often. I also like the idea of other party members paying a visit if you’re in a travel space directly adjacent to Hawkthorne, like Berwyn picking potion ingredients out in the forest or something.

Eventually though I do feel like B needs to happen. A randomly accessible village honestly didn’t seem super wise to begin with, and I’d like to see more happen with the leothrans and their village anyways— I feel like everybody does but that’s just personal observation and that might be skewed.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Wsan if you don't mind me asking, why would you have to rewrite your leothran content if you made them a tile for a fixed location? i thought they were already staying at the same location for a while now. Since the game happens in two months or so, staying for that period of time in the same place isn't a stretch, and i even remember a scene where Vari's place is described to look like a cabin.

i'm not trying to be toxic or something, it's a legit doubt, as stupid as it may sound to some.

In any case, although i'd much prefer B, if C is just easier to make and will allow for more content in a shorter period of time, then i'll vote for it too (not that it makes a difference since i'm a few days behind haha).

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I agree C is best

But If I may be that Guy

Might I suggest using A for a seasonal event
ie January say
you wake up in the frost hound
There is a blizzard outside, you go down stairs and as you discuss taking a snowday from adventuring with your companions
Knock! at the door and it is a snow orc who after a good shake turns out to be Ogrish
He explains there is something large in his forge and he can;t get any work done
Do you Help
No- event ends and not triggered for another year
Yes- Ooh the possibilities, then a sleep over and she is gone in the morning

claralover

Dec 6, 2019
I agree C is best

But If I may be that Guy

Might I suggest using A for a seasonal event
ie January say
you wake up in the frost hound
There is a blizzard outside, you go down stairs and as you discuss taking a snowday from adventuring with your companions
Knock! at the door and it is a snow orc who after a good shake turns out to be Ogrish
He explains there is something large in his forge and he can;t get any work done
Do you Help
No- event ends and not triggered for another year
Yes- Ooh the possibilities, then a sleep over and she is gone in the morning
Don't get my hopes up like that