William's Wall

Franzferdi

Aug 28, 2015
USA
Well the progress with the bunnies is being shelved for now as Will said so he doesn't have to lose all the work he has done so far. I'm hoping it's just a simple clash of where things they want to go in the area is clashing and that Will will just need to adjust some stuff to work with things.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
I get what you're saying but let's at least wait until we hear the exact reason for all this before we go for the torches and pitchforks here.
No, you don't get what I'm saying. The project lead/supervisor/whatever, that only realizes that they don't like your work when it's close to being done, isn't good at their job. I don't need to hear the reason on why William's project got scrapped. It might even be a very valid one.

The people in charge in FenCo should just have come to this conclusion much, much sooner.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
No, you don't get what I'm saying. The project lead/supervisor/whatever, that only realizes that they don't like your work when it's close to being done, isn't good at their job. I don't need to hear the reason on why William's project got scrapped. It might even be a very valid one.

The people in charge in FenCo should just have come to this conclusion much, much sooner.
Yeah, I suppose you have a good point.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
All of my last week was spent preparing to involve myself in Phaedra content: the story, the species, the content, the goals, and after reading all the docs that have been written and/or implemented to date since last year, and I've begun work on the first wave of scenes I've been tasked. I'll be posting that doc along with the Monthly voted scene this weekend now that I've done my research and the momentum's building.

We'll cross other bridges when we get there. Some other docs unrelated to Phaedra are being talked about in the team and maybe I'll have something to share about them soon. Very small update for this week but the work this week will be ready to post soon enough. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Most of July was spent working on the now-in-stasis ZS expansion, and last week was spent reading through content & documents related to Phaedra to participate in the current MSQ push, so in this last weekly period I didn't have many hours left to write for it. By next week I should have more to show on my first wave of Phaedra scenes, but even still, I've roughed out the first loss scene I'm doing and drafted the rest of the content I want to write. The (35) doc is now available in the private patreon drive folder, but it's quite unfilled at the moment.

The monthly scene was started. I intended to publish it last weekend along with the (35) doc but it didn't go to plan. I'll have it finished this weekend and post it, and it could be implemented as early as next week. I must emphasize that I make no decisions on what is implemented or coded, or what comes first in a queue.

As always, thank you for your continued patience and support.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Most of July was spent working on the now-in-stasis ZS expansion
Wait so if you're still working on it then... look man, I'll stop hounding you on this, but im gonna get one more out first.

I get that you probably can't tell us exactly what happened due to various buisinessy reasons, I understand that, but at least some explanation is warranted here. You do these weekly update things clearly because you want to communicate better with the fanbase and let us know what's going on, and we appreciate that, really we do, but you also need to reciprocate with us a bit as well, especially when you drop a bombshell like you did a few weeks ago.

We need something more to go off of here, dude. Even if we won't like the answer, something will be better than nothing.

That's all I'll say on the matter. I hope you manage to work things out so your hard work won't go to waste. Have a good one dude.

Reactions: zero1234

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Wait so if you're still working on it then... look man, I'll stop hounding you on this, but im gonna get one more out first.

I get that you probably can't tell us exactly what happened due to various buisinessy reasons, I understand that, but at least some explanation is warranted here. ~~Snip~~
I'm not trying to shut you down or anything but unless you're actively subbed to him on Patreon or w/e (and even then you're not paying for that specific content to be completed)I I don't think William has to give any information beyond informing people that it's been put into stasis for w/e reason.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed the Jumper stuff has been shelved as I loved them since I first saw William post about them on this thread years ago but knowing the new stuff isn't being implemented is all the relevant info I need

You're probably better off finding out who currently decides which content makes it in and in what form and asking them than pressuring William.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I'm not trying to shut you down or anything but unless you're actively subbed to him on Patreon or w/e (and even then you're not paying for that specific content to be completed)I I don't think William has to give any information beyond informing people that it's been put into stasis for w/e reason.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed the Jumper stuff has been shelved as I loved them since I first saw William post about them on this thread years ago but knowing the new stuff isn't being implemented is all the relevant info I need

You're probably better off finding out who currently decides which content makes it in and in what form and asking them than pressuring William.
Yeah, you're right. I guess I was just frustrated and angry and wanted to get one last word out.

Sorry William.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Changing Pains & July Scene Update; Sophora Overview

The week leading up to the turn of the month into August was a worrisome moment in the family. I knew most of this year was going to be extremely difficult but towards the end it would start shifting favorably, and today I can say that part's finally begun - I can say there's a lot of weight off my shoulders, for now. Hopefully for good.

I don't have a meaningful writing update for the last seven days. I was still crushed, I was exhausted, and I've been struggling back into healthier routines I used to have before 2022's move, like regular, daily exercise.

For the Vava Groom monthly content update, I'm delaying it again. I'm sorry. I also still need Nonesuch to proofread it, as Vava Groom is his creation. As the monthly content is delayed, I will post a proper progress report this Saturday, along with the document and the next poll.

Lastly for this post, I wanted to talk about the currently furloughed Sophora Quest & Jumper Quarters xpac document that I was working on and hoping to have implemented across July. I'm uncertain the content in question - primarily regarding Sophora - and my pitch for the Jumpers will remain faithful to my original goals if it does indeed pick back up and the team decides on a course of action to make it compatible with their wishes.

I figure I might as well explain what my intent was, because there is a fully fleshed out story I'd been keeping close to my chest for a long time. For the forum post, it is placed inside a Spoiler tag to condense the wall 'o text.

Every new thing I do is an experiment, or something new to me, and Sophora was no different. I took the idea of Nemesis from RE3 and concepted a doc for her a few years ago, 2019 I think. There was also a bit of the Iron Maiden character from Witcher 3 in there. Originally, Sophora would have been a bit character next to Vanika herself... then things happened. Also never got around to finishing her until 2022. Writing her was a way for me to heal, and I inserted several Nordic themes into her content while hoping to establish a mystery to solve on ZS. Her content focus (Hate Sex, Stalking, Hardcore Amazonian stuff) wouldn't be for everyone so I included several disablers at the behest of the team. Sophora as she is now is an enigma, and she's a laquine, so you only know that she may be a Jumper by association. To get to the bottom of that, having the Jumper Xpac was the next step.

For those who haven't read the xpac document, a proper resolution would come by discovering that Vanika was uncharacteristically afraid of her, wouldn't talk about her, appeared to exert minimal control over her. Through a straightforward process, you could decide to get her voice back and make her talk by working with one of several doctors and coming up with a portable solution that you could use on the spot. You'd maybe learn something, stick it to Vanika, and come away from the whole thing feeling like you'd affected change on ZS. Healing Sophora (while also defeating her in front of Vanika and many of the Jumpers in their own quarters) and learning her story would render Vanika permanently paranoid, and while actual effects on gameplay would be limited (the bulk of writing was a solo endeavor, after all) there was at least a feeling of making an impact.

Sophora would later meet up with you for a one-on-one and you'd get to ask her all the needful about herself, about ZS, and why she attacked you in the first place - she can only get relief through combat. Sophora targets you because you made an impact on ZS through a number of ways (usually just by defeating Vanika and getting the ZS probe). Anyone who has lost to her would have seen stalking events (like perturbing emails) and she would also explain she sent those threats to make you want to fight her as hard as you possibly could. As it stands, I flavored the formation of Zheng Shi as being indirectly her doing: Sophora once commanded a fleet for her own purposes and Vanika (the Shock Hopper) was one of her crew, who mutinied and seized it all by defeating her in personal combat. Fast forward and Vanika has made the Jumpers out of that fleet and all five ZS gangs eventually come together as is described and presented in the main story.

At the end, Sophora says that she will ask a favor of you if you complete your quest for inheritance. You would unlock her as a permanent contact and could phone her over via the CODEX for more rough intimacy, and/or to borrow one of her three powerful weapons or exchange one for another. If this had been implemented, I planned one last side-adventure involving her. You would go with her to the remains of a colony that used to be her home and climb a great mountain together, and at the summit learn why she founded a mercenary fleet and what she's looking for, and gain a purely flavor decision to help her in that search or not into whatever epilogue involves you becoming CEO of Steele Tech.

I actually commissioned music for the hypothetical summit scene, too. It's attached. My idea was that we could see about running it in-game for the scene (embedded like a .gif/.webm) after a long CYOA-style man-vs-environment sequence culminating in revelations and exhaustive, sub-orbital smut, with further repeatable sexual scenes unlocked.

Well, that was long winded. I apologize for the long waits. Whatever happens after upcoming Phaedra content, what's already backlogged will still get done. I'm going to retain Nonesuch for more help this month on one of those projects, too.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

The week leading up to the turn of the month into August was a worrisome moment in the family. I knew most of this year was going to be extremely difficult but towards the end it would start shifting favorably, and today I can say that part's finally begun - I can say there's a lot of weight off my shoulders, for now. Hopefully for good.

I don't have a meaningful writing update for the last seven days. I was still crushed, I was exhausted, and I've been struggling back into healthier routines I used to have before 2022's move, like regular, daily exercise.

For the Vava Groom monthly content update, I'm delaying it again. I'm sorry. I also still need Nonesuch to proofread it, as Vava Groom is his creation. As the monthly content is delayed, I will post a proper progress report this Saturday, along with the document and the next poll.

Lastly for this post, I wanted to talk about the currently furloughed Sophora Quest & Jumper Quarters xpac document that I was working on and hoping to have implemented across July. I'm uncertain the content in question - primarily regarding Sophora - and my pitch for the Jumpers will remain faithful to my original goals if it does indeed pick back up and the team decides on a course of action to make it compatible with their wishes.

I figure I might as well explain what my intent was, because there is a fully fleshed out story I'd been keeping close to my chest for a long time. For the forum post, it is placed inside a Spoiler tag to condense the wall 'o text.

Every new thing I do is an experiment, or something new to me, and Sophora was no different. I took the idea of Nemesis from RE3 and concepted a doc for her a few years ago, 2019 I think. There was also a bit of the Iron Maiden character from Witcher 3 in there. Originally, Sophora would have been a bit character next to Vanika herself... then things happened. Also never got around to finishing her until 2022. Writing her was a way for me to heal, and I inserted several Nordic themes into her content while hoping to establish a mystery to solve on ZS. Her content focus (Hate Sex, Stalking, Hardcore Amazonian stuff) wouldn't be for everyone so I included several disablers at the behest of the team. Sophora as she is now is an enigma, and she's a laquine, so you only know that she may be a Jumper by association. To get to the bottom of that, having the Jumper Xpac was the next step.

For those who haven't read the xpac document, a proper resolution would come by discovering that Vanika was uncharacteristically afraid of her, wouldn't talk about her, appeared to exert minimal control over her. Through a straightforward process, you could decide to get her voice back and make her talk by working with one of several doctors and coming up with a portable solution that you could use on the spot. You'd maybe learn something, stick it to Vanika, and come away from the whole thing feeling like you'd affected change on ZS. Healing Sophora (while also defeating her in front of Vanika and many of the Jumpers in their own quarters) and learning her story would render Vanika permanently paranoid, and while actual effects on gameplay would be limited (the bulk of writing was a solo endeavor, after all) there was at least a feeling of making an impact.

Sophora would later meet up with you for a one-on-one and you'd get to ask her all the needful about herself, about ZS, and why she attacked you in the first place - she can only get relief through combat. Sophora targets you because you made an impact on ZS through a number of ways (usually just by defeating Vanika and getting the ZS probe). Anyone who has lost to her would have seen stalking events (like perturbing emails) and she would also explain she sent those threats to make you want to fight her as hard as you possibly could. As it stands, I flavored the formation of Zheng Shi as being indirectly her doing: Sophora once commanded a fleet for her own purposes and Vanika (the Shock Hopper) was one of her crew, who mutinied and seized it all by defeating her in personal combat. Fast forward and Vanika has made the Jumpers out of that fleet and all five ZS gangs eventually come together as is described and presented in the main story.

At the end, Sophora says that she will ask a favor of you if you complete your quest for inheritance. You would unlock her as a permanent contact and could phone her over via the CODEX for more rough intimacy, and/or to borrow one of her three powerful weapons or exchange one for another. If this had been implemented, I planned one last side-adventure involving her. You would go with her to the remains of a colony that used to be her home and climb a great mountain together, and at the summit learn why she founded a mercenary fleet and what she's looking for, and gain a purely flavor decision to help her in that search or not into whatever epilogue involves you becoming CEO of Steele Tech.

I actually commissioned music for the hypothetical summit scene, too. It's attached. My idea was that we could see about running it in-game for the scene (embedded like a .gif/.webm) after a long CYOA-style man-vs-environment sequence culminating in revelations and exhaustive, sub-orbital smut, with further repeatable sexual scenes unlocked.

Well, that was long winded. I apologize for the long waits. Whatever happens after upcoming Phaedra content, what's already backlogged will still get done. I'm going to retain Nonesuch for more help this month on one of those projects, too.
Woah, thats... a lot....

To be honest after reading what you had planned, I kinda understand why the dev team shot you down. This is... a lot, and a good chunk of it completely unique in many ways, some that would require some unique coding.

While it is a shame you won't be able to fully realize your original vision for this, I understand why. Regardless, I hope you'll be able to figure something out that works.

And I want to apologize again for being so pushy with asking for an explanation of it. It was all around a dick move, and I'll try to learn from this and never do something like it again. I hope I didn't cause too much stress for you, especially during such a turbulent phase in your life.

All that said, I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for us!

JustSomeGuy

Mar 17, 2018
kinda understand why the dev team shot you down. This is... a lot, and a good chunk of it completely unique in many ways, some that would require some unique coding.
No, not at all, everything he's listed would be rudimentary at best code wise. The only issue I'd see is that the game is in the home stretch and momentum needs to be kept at a steady pace. A lot was lost in the java conversion and the wealth of decent community writers has dried up for the most part, so there's no one to supplement content in the meantime while the team works on more important things to keep that ball rolling. It makes sense from a business stand point to focus the attention of one of your more popular and prolific writers on that end game instead of a personal endeavor in a "content completed" zone.

Take that with a grain of salt of-course because I have not clue what goes on behind the scenes, maybe it was too much for the team, maybe it was too complicated for the code monkeys, maybe it just didn't fit tonal wise, maybe it just wasn't a good time. Whatever the reason don't matter glad to see you getting back on your feet and writing again Will

Reactions: waterpanther7

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
the game is in the home stretch and momentum needs to be kept at a steady pace. A lot was lost in the java conversion and the wealth of decent community writers has dried up for the most part, so there's no one to supplement content in the meantime while the team works on more important things to keep that ball rolling
This begs a concerning question, not just for the game but for the people working on it:

What's going to come after we hit the finale? Will they continue to accept submissions? Will they just cut it all off and finish what's already been accepted?

And where will the people go afterwards? I'm pretty sure some of the developers like Fen literally do this for a living. Will they move onto another project? Join up with Savin on CoC2?

I can't help but be concerned tbh..... concerned and very sad....

TheShepard256

What's going to come after we hit the finale? Will they continue to accept submissions? Will they just cut it all off and finish what's already been accepted?
The devs have confirmed on Discord multiple times that the end of the main questline will not be the end of content being added to the game, and you'll still be able to submit content after it's been finished.
And where will the people go afterwards? I'm pretty sure some of the developers like Fen literally do this for a living. Will they move onto another project? Join up with Savin on CoC2?
Fen did have plans to do a steampunk game next, though that'll be years in the future.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
The devs have confirmed on Discord multiple times that the end of the main questline will not be the end of content being added to the game, and you'll still be able to submit content after it's been finished
Oh thank God.
Fen did have plans to do a steampunk game next, though that'll be years in the future.
Ooh! Well color me intrigued! Do you know if it will be NSFW or text based also?

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Evening Movements

I'm still awaiting Nonesuch's proofreading on the July Monthly Scene but I'm sharing it alongside this post all the same. As stated in the original poll, my approach to this was to make it so that the scene has some flavor depending on what you answered: Estie will provide the thorough massage to players who identify as dominant, whereas Cruff will handle all others. Cruff's variant is on the way and will have the scene be ready for next week's patch; the document has been added to the private patreon drive folder.

Meanwhile, August's monthly idea gathering has also gone up alongside this post. Optimistically, I'll have a whole set of Phaedra scenes to talk about by the end of next week.

Thank you very much for your continued support and patience.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Those pledged to my patreon may be getting excessive emails about new posts. That's because of mistakes in the poll and also the general inadequacy of the UX as it has worsened over the years. I would make a post, forget one thing, be unable to edit it, or add one thing that can't be removed, and have to trash the entire post to fix it lol. Again, sorry about that.

My last week was good. I started exercising again like I did pre-2022 moving crisis. I finished the July Monthly Scene with Cruff's variant and posted it to the TiTS Trello and in a few days I'll have the next monthly scene on the docket after a vote.

I finished the Hyraxi Glaiveswoman bad end (might add more later) and drafted the first win scene. Fen had some requests for unusual bits (like tail genitalia) to add on to these things so I'm thinking that on top of them being brief scenes (given the nature of the main quest), have some options mid-encounter to flesh it out will go a long way.

Look forward to more! And thank you, as always, for your generous support and deep patience.

(Didn't post this one at the same time as Patreon post because I went out like a light before 5:00 when I scheduled that. Can't schedule forum posts sadly.)

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
Another brief update as I haven't put any hours into writing this week, so I don't have anything to report other than that I at least have some commissioned art underway and one other finishing soon that I'm looking forward to sharing. The August monthly scene will get written as soon as I'm able.

What's actually been going on is just a personal overhaul: diet change, reintroduction of an exercise routine. I spent a lot of the weekend just sleeping and napping, to be honest.

I'll write up another post as soon as I have something to share. As always, thank you for your support and incredible patience.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018

Man, the sophora content looks good, I stopped reading since it was spoilers, and I hope that one day this gets put in, also, if you meant to unlock repeatable sex with her, how does her addiction would come into play?

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
I've heard rumors that Fen&co will cancel it, just like when they had Will work for months on the Sophra content only to throw it in the trash.

Why? IDK. Power trip?
William might be gone, but Fenoxo is still active on the forums. Instead of spreading rumors why wouldn't you just ask him directly like an adult?

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Some of Roo's Crew Expansion IS a publicly available doc and it's both fairly fleshed out and doesn't include anything terribly revolutionary in terms of coding so there really wouldn't be a reason not to include it, the art even already exists.

Last edited: