Who is your favorite companion?

Tenalc13

Mar 16, 2020
Aha, what is the point of all this?
What is it worth to help him in exchange for information about the cult. I agree that you shouldn't trust him (he should also be taken into custody, but oh well). But there is no need to immediately condemn him. We don’t know what prompted him to join the cult and what he did there.
It doesn't matter if you follow the baron's line or not. In the first case, you need to at least try to arrest all the perpetrators and conduct an investigation. In the second case, you are just some kind of murder hobo. If everyone is to be executed indiscriminately, then at least one must have the right to do so. What will be available, as mentioned in this thread and others.

Reactions: Shizenhakai

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
What is it worth to help him in exchange for information about the cult. I agree that you shouldn't trust him (he should also be taken into custody, but oh well). But there is no need to immediately condemn him. We don’t know what prompted him to join the cult and what he did there.
It doesn't matter if you follow the baron's line or not. In the first case, you need to at least try to arrest all the perpetrators and conduct an investigation. In the second case, you are just some kind of murder hobo. If everyone is to be executed indiscriminately, then at least one must have the right to do so. What will be available, as mentioned in this thread and others.
There is no need to do anything to him. Both options, letting him live or die, based on what game lets you, are perfectly valid. Why you choose to do it, is up to you to decide. Me, I just want piece of that ase. And I like that he is somewhat morally corrupt. And has fun personality that is at sami time confident and dorky. Kind of fills male niche that I thought Brint would fill.

Last edited:

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
The problem with laws is that they require law enforcers to actually work. Hawkethorne literally had none at the time. That context is important. There is literally nobody in that castle of Carmen's other than her skinny ass and her two remaining retainers, one of whom you steal. The one time Carmen did try to hire mercenaries to clean up her realm they went rogue and became bandits. If there's a problem in town, Garth/Sanders has to go put together a militia to take care of it, and the town doesn't have the resources to keep people retained as standing guards for very long.

I guess we can understand why Sanders and Garth are so glad someone like you comes along to clean up the area and can be trusted to not be a complete bastard that cuts everything loose at the first sign of trouble makes me understand Gweyr all the more sometimes the permanent solution to a problem is the best even if we find it distasteful and use it as a last resort.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I guess we can understand why Sanders and Garth are so glad someone like you comes along to clean up the area and can be trusted to not be a complete bastard that cuts everything loose at the first sign of trouble makes me understand Gweyr all the more sometimes the permanent solution to a problem is the best even if we find it distasteful and use it as a last resort.

Nobody can cause problems if there's no one alive to cause problems. It's like stealth. No one can spot and report you if everyone's dead. Also what does Carmen the cumpire do all day anyway? Her castle is dilapidated af, she has 2 employees max, and she doesn't use her money for anything except for the one time she accidentally made things worse (which isn't her fault for the most part. I doubt that she saw the mercs becoming the very thing they swore to destroy coming.). Her nursery thing was just giving Gwyn the skeleton of an actual nursery and peacing out. Stupid, sexy, lazy, barely hiding vampire ass baroness. 8/10, would still marry for power.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Nobody can cause problems if there's no one alive to cause problems. It's like stealth. No one can spot and report you if everyone's dead. Also what does Carmen the cumpire do all day anyway? Her castle is dilapidated af, she has 2 employees max, and she doesn't use her money for anything except for the one time she accidentally made things worse (which isn't her fault for the most part. I doubt that she saw the mercs becoming the very thing they swore to destroy coming.). Her nursery thing was just giving Gwyn the skeleton of an actual nursery and peacing out. Stupid, sexy, lazy, barely hiding vampire ass baroness. 8/10, would still marry for power.

Yeah I would still go game of thrones on her and take over her lands I could do a much better job than her.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Yeah I would still go game of thrones on her and take over her lands I could do a much better job than her.

Wait, sexy Game of Thrones or violent Game of Thrones?

I don't if that's a joke because of how little she does, or a reference to how vampires are generally nocturnal whether or not the sun affects them. Either way my response to this revelation stands. Same Carmen, same.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021

Alright, well seeing as we're just derailing this thread I guess...

I mean, I think the town was definitely at fault for letting it get to that point (meaning resulting in what Gweyr did), but that's not to say I condone Gweyr's actions. There should of been some rationality and way to address the situation before it got to that point.
However, with what Gweyr did, it legitimately came across as though she enjoyed what she did (in reference to the language she used, and almost "mocking" the zombified kids and their slow reactions - being no match for her), yet wanted to sound remorseful (and even said that she understood why the townspeople were angry - and claimed she'd feel the exact same way if it were her kids - and probably legitimately would of killed the person who harmed her kids in the same manner...).

I dunno, it seems like she wants to be forgiven but then also wants to revel in what she did at the same time, or maybe that's just my take on it.

Reactions: Karamaru

Tenalc13

Mar 16, 2020
Looking forward to the next strategy game where we conquer the Empire?

Well, in general, I wonder what choice the developers will provide to solve the problems of the Matches.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
Wait, sexy Game of Thrones or violent Game of Thrones?
Yes.

That is how frontiers tend to work. :p

By the ancient laws yoink I herby decree your stuff is mine :p

Alright, well seeing as we're just derailing this thread I guess...

I mean, I think the town was definitely at fault for letting it get to that point (meaning resulting in what Gweyr did), but that's not to say I condone Gweyr's actions. There should of been some rationality and way to address the situation before it got to that point.
However, with what Gweyr did, it legitimately came across as though she enjoyed what she did (in reference to the language she used, and almost "mocking" the zombified kids and their slow reactions - being no match for her), yet wanted to sound remorseful (and even said that she understood why the townspeople were angry - and claimed she'd feel the exact same way if it were her kids - and probably legitimately would of killed the person who harmed her kids in the same manner...).

I dunno, it seems like she wants to be forgiven but then also wants to revel in what she did at the same time, or maybe that's just my take on it.

Seemingly as they were pressed for time and Carmens unwillingness and being incapable of governing it was kind of inevitability that someone like Tollus to come along and take her stuff Sanders made the right call in exiling her as it was probably the best option he could do and the parents of the kids have only themselves to blame

Last edited:
Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Seemingly as they were pressed for time and Carmens unwillingness and being incapable of governing it was kind of inevitability that someone like Tollus to come along and take her stuff Sanders made the right call in exiling her as it was probably the best option he could do and the parents of the kids have only themselves to blame

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in and say that exiling Gweyr was not the best option or the right call, though she probably would've left anyway to pursue Tollus and Sanders just gave her no choice. Yes she slaughtered the youth of the village and treated them like grist to be milled, but they were trying to sacrifice an innocent. Gweyr's actions, while monstrous, were the best course of action. She gave them plenty of chances and warnings to stand down. By exiling her, Sanders sent a message that you can step all over Hawkethorne and they'll punish their defenders. Yes it's a bit different since they were stupid kids and not hardened bandits, but that doesn't change their actions. And by exiling Gweyr and keeping the whole thing in the closet next to that oddly placed skeleton, He set Tollus up to be able to come back in later and no one knew who he was or what he was doing. It's just speculation, but I feel if Gweyr were still in the village then Tollus might not have been able to sacrifice Calla right down the road. And even then, Gweyr was the best protection Hawkethorne had until now. I get his logic, but Sanders made a terrible call and the events of the game could have potentially been avoided, though we'll never know for sure. And if the parents of the cultists she killed really wanted revenge, then they would've done so regardless of exile. If anything, her being kicked out would've emboldened them since they know she wouldn't be there to protect her family and that she wouldn't find out for a while and give them time to flee. In short, while violent, Gweyr made the best call and Sanders let his emotions and panic cause him to make a really bad call. Those cultists were not innocent children of Hawkethorne. They made the call to kidnap an innocent girl, prepare to sacrifice her, ignore warnings from the experienced mercenary who just cut a bloody swath to their main barricade, and do their best to ensure that girls demise. Gweyr was right and did nothing wrong. Sanders was wrong and did some things wrong.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
@Wint3rRyd3r
I think the term "least bad" is better here than "best".
Gweyr made the choice that was the least bad (acording to her knowledge and ability at that time, of course).
I also think the same is for Sanders, he too was forced to choose the least bad decision.

In fact, this episode and some other stuff made me feel like Tollus is actually the big bad and not Kas.
Tollus is not corrupted per se. He started much of the plot and still goes along with it, just so that he may have a chance to usuurp her place.
Kas is more of a destructive (and hedonistic) force. She is a demon, she has lost her ability for empathy and the sense of wrongdoing.
Tollus does not have this excuse.

Still, they are both obviously antagonists and unless there is a way to redeem and re-soul a demon, which I doubt so far, we must stop Kas.
Maybe petrify of imprison her while we search for a way to un-demonise her.

Reactions: Tenalc13

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Reactions: Shizenhakai

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Speakinh of Kas,I just checked Kas in image folder and I have seen dickless version... Well, that seems somewhat nice. Even if it us for dream sequence.
Speaking of Kas, I do hope that, if she gets purification content, that it is not reserved for ending. I know that she is one of our ultimate Villains, but it would be nice to spend time with her in her human form. But before that, where ia that dream world she promised Savin? How long am I going to suffer?

Last edited:

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
I know that she is one of our ultimate Villains, but it would be nice to spend time with her in her human form.

I'd daresay less an ultimate villain and more a very misguided villanous rival - Tollus would be the the actual big bad if you've done the Centaur Camp quest and read his note.
And also whatever else Savin and co. have planned for that Wayfort gate and beyond the Rift.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
I remember reading that dickless Kas was just a bonus, since the royal scepter was added after finishing the standard succubus design. Still, doing something similar to what Steele did to Sera would be exquisite.

In Palace of Ice Kas was receptive to the idea of wearing a collar. Let's just say that some champions would want to customize their ride a bit and remove some, erhm, unnecessary parts.

Tollus has some 90s cartoon villain vibe that I like. You know that he's up to some petty scheme that you're going to thwart, and he's going to escape by some DM fiat while shaking his fist in fury and/or laughing maniacally. But I know his weakness, what he craves but can't get, no matter what vile sorcery he uses. The fool will die of sheer envy the day the Champion appears in front of him sporting an evil Merciless Ming goatee, perfectly pointed and oily, flanked by a perverse and thick Fu Manchu mustache. His rage and impotence will smolder until... *mumble*

My guess is that he will get PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER along the way, mayhaps by absorbing a certain thing from beyond the veil, and that's when every orc and their grandmother will have their promised Ragnarok. But until then, I don't mind ruining his fun.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I'd daresay less an ultimate villain and more a very misguided villanous rival - Tollus would be the the actual big bad if you've done the Centaur Camp quest and read his note.
And also whatever else Savin and co. have planned for that Wayfort gate and beyond the Rift.
Kas is as evil as they come in this game. Just because she is nice to us does not mean that she is misguided. She knows what she wants, and she is going to make damn sure she gets it.

Reactions: Colourless

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Kas is as evil as they come in this game. Just because she is nice to us does not mean that she is misguided. She knows what she wants, and she is going to make damn sure she gets it.

And she's show that consent, at least in dreams, isn't a factor to her. Plus she's pretty open about multiversal domination once she's done with Savarra and gets her portals working. She's sympathetic and not pure evil, but that doesn't change her goals and how selfish she is. And talking to Mallach and/or playing her Winter City romance path shows that she's a threat to all worlds if she gets her way. She could ignite the Godswar 2 Electric Boogaloo and multiple different worlds. Tollus is a more realistic villain so it's really easy to focus on him since he's a familiar villain that someone may have dealt with in real life. Kas on the other hand, is much bigger threat and threatens multiple worlds in ways Tollus could only dream of. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm more scared of Kas's big ol' floppy horsedick than I am of anything Tollus can do on his own.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
And she's show that consent, at least in dreams, isn't a factor to her. Plus she's pretty open about multiversal domination once she's done with Savarra and gets her portals working. She's sympathetic and not pure evil, but that doesn't change her goals and how selfish she is. And talking to Mallach and/or playing her Winter City romance path shows that she's a threat to all worlds if she gets her way. She could ignite the Godswar 2 Electric Boogaloo and multiple different worlds. Tollus is a more realistic villain so it's really easy to focus on him since he's a familiar villain that someone may have dealt with in real life. Kas on the other hand, is much bigger threat and threatens multiple worlds in ways Tollus could only dream of. And I don't know about you guys, but I'm more scared of Kas's big ol' floppy horsedick than I am of anything Tollus can do on his own.

I don't know Tollus has a plan of his own in one of the game over screens he overthrows Kas and locks her with you inside an enormous chunk of Lethicite and lets you rot there for all eternity with only a crazy and horny Kas keeping you company.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I don't know Tollus has a plan of his own in one of the game over screens he overthrows Kas and locks her with you inside an enormous chunk of Lethicite and lets you rot there for all eternity with only a crazy and horny Kas keeping you company.

I'm not saying Tollus has no plan and isn't a threat. I'm just saying, compared to Kas, he's not that big a threat in scale or power. We've beaten him every time he's fought. The one time we fight Kas she's level 20, has several class perks, a big fuck off axe, and a good power load out. It's a challenge just to last long enough to learn her moves that we can't even use yet.Tollus has a blade stick and followers that wouldn't be strong demons without Kas. He's just a more realistic enemy, but is dramatically less powerful. Take away Kas's followers and she'll still wreck everyone's shit. Take away Tollus's followers and he runs.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Guys, could we maybe create a separate thread, potentially a "General Discussion" thread or something? Like this thread has been derailed consistently since page 3.