Who is your favorite companion?

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Glad someone gives him some love though.

If they're cute or adorable, I'll go for them, with few exceptions.
Brint is one of my few exceptions to this rule because he has a pretty decent attitude compared to your average hunk hardass douchebag. I really only bang Arona because some of my builds don't need Brint in the mix considering my PC is the facetank in those cases - otherwise orcs just aren't my thing - sum'n about green skins bug me and I dunno why...
But currently my top three companions are Azzy, Cait and Quin - Azzy can faceroll and facetank, Cait's really the only good healer unless I'm the healer, and Quin bursts into flames and my Charmer can't (yet).

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Lone Wolf115

I like them all the same expect Quin not my guy I don't hate him but he is a tiny bit of a dick but I do hate Arona fucking disrespectful bitch.

Edit: I like everyone else I'd go into detail but it's just a small edit Berwyn is a meh at best.

I love Kiyoko and my fox family. Praise the floof lord all hail @The Observer That Kitsune and our kits really hits this wolf.:);):D

Last edited:

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
Etheryn is by far my favorite, do not really care for the others as much. I really like Kiyoko but I never use her as a companion. I use Brienne a lot but I don't really care for a lot of her content it is more just her being very powerful as a damage dealer with the pyro set. I haven't done a lot of the new Cait stuff yet maybe I will like her more after that. I think I just like the idea of helping Etheryn since she is so helpless by herself. I play as a Warrior type usually so I don't use Brint, Arona, or Atugia ever really. Etheryn is kind of annoying with her arousal mechanic so sometimes I take Cait instead. I know there is a way to reduce it but I have never really bothered with it. I haven't played the game all that much lately since I have been waiting for the wiki to get updated but it doesn't seem like it will ever catch up with the game. I wish at least the companion pages were up to date but that probably won't happen.

Quicksilver Tongue

Apr 2, 2021
The fact that Etheryn has the mandatory chastity mechanic transforms the character in my eyes from "meh, I don't really care" to "oh my fucking god why can I not murder you once and for all". I don't like penises, and the game is forcing me to pay attention to a penis. Bad game! No biscuit!

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
The fact that Etheryn has the mandatory chastity mechanic transforms the character in my eyes from "meh, I don't really care" to "oh my fucking god why can I not murder you once and for all". I don't like penises, and the game is forcing me to pay attention to a penis. Bad game! No biscuit!
Just don't recruit her. You're not forced to touch her dick, just sick Cait on her initially or ignore her.
My question is why would you want to murder her to begin with? Unless you're being sarcastic, but still, that is wild to see, as even those that I've seen not like her don't hate her mechanic to go THAT far.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Eh? I usually just fuck her in the ass, so why don't you. Hell, ya can't touch her penis, that's the point of the cage.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Poor Ryn. First her own sister locks her in a chastity cage and abuses her, and now her savior wants to kill her instead of helping her in any way. She can't even get a boner and now she's being taunted by a murderboner.

Just don't recruit her.

Do you mean don't put her in the party? Because I thought Ryn was mandatory and refusing her just delayed her recruitment.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Do you mean don't put her in the party? Because I thought Ryn was mandatory and refusing her just delayed her recruitment.
Saving her is what's mandatory yeah, since she's in your only path through the Wayfort, but actually recruiting her is pretty much optional. If ya don't initially, she just goes to the castle by herself.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Saying that the option exists does not make it the recommended or best option.

Nonsense. You know how birds throw their kids out of a tree to teach them to fly? It's like that. Only being thrown off of a mountain made of anxiety. Ryn will totally be grateful and not develop abandonment issues.

Lone Wolf115

Saying that the option exists does not make it the recommended or best option.
I know and it's not an option for me I always turn around and take her to the baroness I support her every time never I'm never mean to her. When the game is complete I'll try and get other routes but for now I'm nice to her nobody because should be treated the way she was.

Say what you will everyone but read my page about section before you judge me.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I know and it's not an option for me I always turn around and take her to the baroness I support her every time never I'm never mean to her. When the game is complete I'll try and get other routes but for now I'm nice to her nobody because should be treated the way she was.

Say what you will everyone but read my page about section before you judge me.
Your post was pretty clear in indicating that you didn't like the thought of bullying Ryn. And my post doesn't judge you. :)

Lone Wolf115

Your post was pretty clear in indicating that you didn't like the thought of bullying Ryn. And my post doesn't judge you. :)
Yeah I figured but I didn't know what you meant but for me was vague. Plus it was more for everyone else who didn't know how treated her.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Now that I've gotten to enjoy the company of local wholesome idiot Atugia, she pretty good. She's more defensive in combat than I thought she'd be but variety is good. The new recruitment method is better and has Cait hit her with a rolled up paper. Only downside is she lacks cleave. God I love cleave. Cait is still frontrunner for best girl (curse you and your need to make waifus, Savin. There are too many best girls because of you and I can't pick who's truly the best.) but Azzy and Brienne are definitely strong competition. SKoW and Wsan know what I like. Which is weird considering they were in the game before I joined the forum and started playing. Are they psychic?

I await the day B is released from the Berry mines to give Berwyn the sets he deserves. Cait's hexblade and dancer sets are really good. No longer is she limited to hitting things with a big stick. Now she can hit things with a magical sword and sexy dance moves. Quin still needs a set or two. Preferably one that focuses on self immolation. Haven't tried Arona's set. Totally not because a hill troll happened. Not at all. Nope. I would never do something like that.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
It's funny... my favorite companion is by and large, Kiyoko, but she is rarely an actual fixture in my party. If only because my usual formations demand one companion to draw threat and the other to heal. Making Cait my most reliable fixture, especially now that she can easily slip into the Hexblade Leathers and back me up on DPS with during the Winter Palace dungeon.

The only champ I have that actually ends up travelling with her is Draka, my Champion of Lumia... as because she does the threat management herself I can slide Kiyoko into the nuker slot.

Last edited:

quickpawmaud

Feb 8, 2018
Florida
It's funny... my favorite companion is by and large, Kiyoko, but she is rarely an actual fixture in my party. If only because my usual formations demand one companion to draw threat and the other to heal. Making Cait my most reliable fixture, especially now that she can easily slip into the Hexblade Leathers and back me up on DPS with during the Winter Palace dungeon.

The only champ I have that actually ends up travelling with her is Draka, my Champion of Lumia... as because she does the threat management herself I can slide Kiyoko into the nuker slot.
I also really like Kiyoko but I don't use her much as a companion because I haven't really found a way to use her abilities well. From my experience she just isn't as good offensively as Pyro Brienne and they both do similar things. It would be nice if she had a support set since all three of her sets are DPS pretty much. Although I have only really used Onmyodo. I don't know if support fits her character all that well but it would be a reason for me to use her.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

I also really like Kiyoko but I don't use her much as a companion because I haven't really found a way to use her abilities well. From my experience she just isn't as good offensively as Pyro Brienne and they both do similar things.
I use Kiyoko's first set that one works well for me along with Cait's the only companion I can't use well is Quinn I mainly just beat the shit out of everyone and tease if I have to if anything Quinn needs a new set.

tmax

May 20, 2021

Real shit, I just kinda feel like a bastard for pulling her away from the colony. Like, you've banged her like a million times and given her a shit load of kids, and on top of that she's in a high position within the government for everyone, so taking her out on an adventure to save the world seems kinda selfish? There just seems to be so much responsibility for her compared to a lot of the other companions. Cait's probably the closest second with the Temple now, but she's got Salwah to delegate and they don't have 10-30 kitsune kits running around. Obviously Kiyoko delegates to Komari and Kinu as firstborn with a system in place to manage, but I highly doubt Kiyoko sits back drinking Mai Tais while the rest of them work either.

Jul 13, 2021
Practically speaking, It would be more beneficial to purify her. And since demons lose their empathy and ability to care, pure Kas shouldn't be as harshly judged as demon Kas. The Lethice ending in CoC1 implies that demons also don't always fully remember their old lives. So the two Kasyrras being two different people should be considered. If you really want to kill her, go nuts. But there are good reasons to purify her besides wanting to sex her up without corruption going up. Also, and I'm basing this purely off of the wiki/icon art, I'm more attracted to pure Kasyrra even with her weird taste in weapons.
That contradicts your point about her knowledge being useful. If demons forget their lives after they've been "Re-souled" then how would a purified Kasyrra remember the advanced knowledge she had as a Demon?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
That contradicts your point about her knowledge being useful. If demons forget their lives after they've been "Re-souled" then how would a purified Kasyrra remember the advanced knowledge she had as a Demon?

They're meant to be taken as separate reasons. Either restoring her empathy will let her use her knowledge for the greater good, or she won't even remember her time as a demon and the human and demon Kas are separate people in the same body. CoC1 wasn't very clear what the case is so for all we know a purified Kas could very well keep her memories. In short, we don't 100% know what state she'd be in. It's not a contradiction when there's a metric fuck-ton of variables to consider. That's why I used the plural "reasons" in my original post. There is one or more reasons for purifying her.

Jul 13, 2021
They're meant to be taken as separate reasons. Either restoring her empathy will let her use her knowledge for the greater good, or she won't even remember her time as a demon and the human and demon Kas are separate people in the same body. CoC1 wasn't very clear what the case is so for all we know a purified Kas could very well keep her memories. In short, we don't 100% know what state she'd be in. It's not a contradiction when there's a metric fuck-ton of variables to consider. That's why I used the plural "reasons" in my original post. There is one or more reasons for purifying her.
Not saying you didn't have other reasons. I was just pointing out what I think is a contradiction in one of your arguments. I see why you'd wanna purify her. For me personally her head's coming off as soon as I reach level 20... assuming I cant make her into a toy.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
You would probably tear your hair out just grinding exp to get that far in the first place, considering exp requirements for each subsequent level. And since newer enemies would likely scale, well if you took a peek at Kas during winter city you'd probably guess at what I'm trying to get at here.
We're already in act 2 of 3, so if lvl 20 did exist we'd probably be double the current max.

Lone Wolf115

We're already in act 2 of 3, so if lvl 20 did exist we'd probably be double the current max.
I know that Winter City is near the end of act one I'm just saying I'd like to know when I'm in the next act because then I'd feel lost or just dumbfounded by not knowing when and where. Are we in act 2 in Khor'minos? I do like to know when such milestones are reached. How do you know how many acts there are @Shrike675?