Who do you prefer, Kara or Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hn.  will Kaede meet her half sister on Uveto? 

Can pretty much guarantee that. 

She's not a Black Void Member.  She's a Merc and Bounty Hunter who got knocked up  by and befriended a future Dread lord back in the day.   She's a Stormguard Member though. 

But she does take their bounties and favors to her Babymapa.  She also takes other bounties for a wide range of pirates and criminals and even rescue people. 

Kara's also a smuggler, and spaceborn thief working for a slaver and criminal overlord on the softer side of the Mafia/Ormerta border but still in their. 

It's a grey thing.  They both have neg Karma.   You probably also have neg Karma if you've worked with Xenogen at all.   Or saved Saendra.  Ex Void Member in full. Ex happy Void member. 

Kara and Share are the "Scum and Villainy" pair for sure. 

You could argue that Kara's the softer shade of grey... but she's also killed several people (mostly in self defense), and she's basically the property of Spess-Chinese Jabba the Hutt now. 

Also, "Babymapa" is now my favorite phrase.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

Kara and Share are the "Scum and Villainy" pair for sure. 

You could argue that Kara's the softer shade of grey... but she's also killed several people (mostly in self defense), and she's basically the property of Spess-Chinese Jabba the Hutt now. 

Also, "Babymapa" is now my favorite phrase.

Mwahahahahaha. Another meme is born. Yeah. If he didn't fit those eyes with something I will eat my Kangol. 

Also meet her half sister. Are they gonna fuck? We're not going to run into them for another threesome are we?   Amara not gonna be in a hospital at Uveto with Kaede visiting and picking up her sister only to head over their in the morning. In some sort of cluster fuck. 

Also the Universe is a small place. So many people know each other are related of connect by like three people.  Or Steele just had them type of connections.     Dread lord Amara Faell  Mapa to Kaede and Astra by Zeke and Shade.  Zeke worked on our ship.   Shades a big sis.    Anno fucked dad and Kaede. 

Vahn isn't related to Zeke is he? 

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I kinda want to have a 3way with Shade and Amara. If only because I can't recall a time where there's been a game where the pc is part of the sibling pair that another person has a threeway with.

Reactions: J-Hope Trash

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
That is probably gonna take some work. 

But gives me a weird fanfic Idea that when Vic decides to have a Kaithrit kid he tracks down Ms. Irons.     Would totally derail the story.

I mean Vic does seem as smooth as a social Solar or psionic but he'd have a lot of time to make up for and deal with the premise of the quest and a teen Shade if I got the ages right. 

Last edited by a moderator:

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015

Ooooh. I´m gonna look forward to that.

When it comes to my favourite I would have to say Shade. I´ve gotten more familiar and intimate with her in the game, and the incest fact spices it up a little. And milf, can´t forget that she´s a milf. She´s basically the type of femdom I like. Mature, experienced, and doesn´t force me to bend over. (I can enjoy femdom, but not being a masochist)

But it´s not like I dislike Kara though. I like her too :) .

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
Hn.  will Kaede meet her half sister on Uveto?   And I don't think that Shade will take sexing her daughter well giving the reactions to with we're half siblings thing. 

Which when you consider this world of uber playboys and rushers and obscene longevity should probably get a culture pass like the genderfluidity. 

Are you serious? Gender fluidity and incest are two completely different things  :mad:

That is probably gonna take some work. 

But gives me a weird fanfic Idea that when Vic decides to have a Kaithrit kid he tracks down Ms. Irons.     Would totally derail the story.

I mean Vic does seem as smooth as a social Solar or psionic but he'd have a lot of time to make up for and deal with the premise of the quest and a teen Shade if I got the ages right. 

Well I'm never choosing Kaithrit again x(

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Kind of surprised Shade is is still in the lead so far. I figured most would have gone for the one that was introduced months earlier in her own game.

So does this mean a ShadeQuest might be in the works, someday, please?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I was under the impression that Shade was getting her own quests anyways.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
It'd be nice to get KaraQuest, but with Shade. You go in because she got a call about the base raid, and asks you tag along for efficiency's sake. 

Meet Kara and nameless NPC, either fight them, or let them pass. Shade reacts accordingly based on status with her like when you're with Kara. BBG could ensue somehow, like base security going haywire on the roof. Lots of turrets and such.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'd rather a more unique quest with her. Though I've got to say that I'd still love to meet Amara with her. For reasons that should be obvious.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Kind of surprised Shade is is still in the lead so far. I figured most would have gone for the one that was introduced months earlier in her own game.

Like I said, prior to KaraQuest 2 the only thing anyone who didn't play The Silence knew about Kara was "she exists".  And if you did play The Silence you know she works for a slaver, one who's an enemy of Steele's alleged buddy Kiro, and that the crew she runs with is often less than savory.  By the time of KQ2, the only one of said crew who's survived is the drug addict, my personal least favorite of the bunch.

Shade, meanwhile, is immediately friendly, fuckable, related to you, and coming soon unlocks a whole planet.  Her only flaw is that she works for one of the biggest and most outright evil organizations in the setting: technically she's a contractor, though in practice allying with Shade means allying with the Void.  And you don't even actually see her doing much of that besides hunting for Kara, who the player has no emotional connection with at the time.

Basically if it weren't for Shade being in deep with Team Galactic, it would be all but impossible not to choose her.  Kara has virtually nothing going for her unless you're angling to maybe get out of this storyline in a way that lets the principal actors all keep their heads.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Speaking of Shade's planet unlock, how is she going to unlock it for players who didn't take the pod.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of Shade's planet unlock, how is she going to unlock it for players who didn't take the pod.

I think Savin previously stated he'll write some content of the pod being taken if you followed other choices, such as marrying Taivra.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I think Savin previously stated he'll write some content of the pod being taken if you followed other choices, such as marrying Taivra.

That would be nice. Would be funny if you mention your recent marriage to Shade when she comes to ask about the pod.

Though now I kinda want to go throne shopping for Taivra. Seems like the right thing to do.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

I don't have any plans for a Shade-centric dungeon-type quest right now. More like "Shade Relationship Quest" like Emmy or something on Uveto.

That, but also Uveto isn't going to be gated behind Shade. I'm not so egocentric as to gate an entire explorable planet behind muh waifu. There will be at least 1 other unlock path, probably 2. 

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Are you serious? Gender fluidity and incest are two completely different things  :mad:

Dead serious.  They are completely separate things that are nonetheless shaped by the culture which is shaped by great actors and simple physical constraints of society.   Part of that would be that this brand of incest have it's stigma culutrally eroded into oblivion.   We already have couple getting together fucking and having kids only to trace their family and realize their rolling stone dad was the same.

With the extension of life, hyper commodization of sex , the hyper prolific would be Genghis Khan playboys, frequent gene modding, as well wild spread crossbreeding keeping track  family and genetic lines is a new kind of fresh hell.  

Genemodding even eliminate the bio squick and risk and inbreeding  risks.  By sheer practicality giving a damn about blood should become meaningless without close interaction prompting westermack alikes.   It's become a literal meaningless concern. Actual bonds are now what matter.    It's like there being a hyper concern about relationships in Queendoms on Myrellions writ large.  

For steele considering his dads age and promiscuity and sheer travel times he probably has more neices nephew, grand neices  and nephews, and cousins than a a red venom pumper has orgasms in a year long save.  This is only considering  direct tab a to Tab b insertions with people and not considering Nyrea alikes, or New texas  style milker events. 

It is only narratively problematic that literally even Single NPC on Tavros without a well define lineage of not being related to you is somehow related to you, PC fertility and lack of condom usage being what it is.  This maybe a fair amount of overstatement but these sort of things can happen, and do happen and society changes in response to that kinda of pressure.  

Sorta like how the Cotton Gin was one of the greatest evils done to black people ever.  

Through the systematic elimination of every physical reason behind the taboo the only reason that remains is interpersonal and for all intents and purpose Shade and PC are strangers, for physical purposes it's irrelevant if Victor is their dad or great great great grandad.   He could be both.   More Salient to their relationship is if they fuck under false premises.   Steele's stance with pirates and if they enjoyed themselves and respect each other. 

And that's what I have to say about that.

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
On the topic of Shade, I've noticed that I can't get the conversation with her after Kara Quest 2 to proc. Is it coded in yet, or is it non-functional for some other reason? 

Anyway, I like them both, but before Kara Quest 2 came out I preferred Shade, simply because I was more able to interact with her. 

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
@SorenMageofMareth

That's, surprisingly well thought out. Though I'm not sure if it's a majority of people at Tavros who are related to Steele even distantly or through various relationships.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
There's one in the bottom of Savin's design doc for Kara Quest 2 about what happens if Shade simply lets you go instead of making you fight her. 

Huh, hadn't noticed the design doc was up. That doesn't look operable, though, and hasn't been coded.

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
Huh, hadn't noticed the design doc was up. That doesn't look operable, though, and hasn't been coded.

Fair enough. Reading the scene where Shade let's you go it suggested that she wanted to talk, but I couldn't get it to trigger. That was the only reason I even checked the design doc. Glad to see it's not just a glitch with my save file. 

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

Say I know Shade is supposed to bail after the incest revelation but I was under the impression that that was not in the game yet. Has that changed? 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Say I know Shade is supposed to bail after the incest revelation but I was under the impression that that was not in the game yet. Has that changed? 

The part where she blasts off like Team Rocket is in the game. The part where she's actually removed from Myrellion isn't.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I could have sworn that Savin said that until Uveto was up and running, Shade wouldn't be disabled from the bar in Myrellion. I could be wrong...

He did say that. Although the quest registered her as having already left the planet, which is why she didn't appear for my playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.