[Spoilers] Lore question, if I'm allowed to ask.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
So I was planning on finally playing this game some time this week and noticed there was a new build out. I read a few of the comments and noticed something very interesting about a few CoC characters(one of which is my favorite of all) and it peaked my interest.

My question is Is there any connection between CoC? Whether it be the FoE story being set in the future and the actual characters (like helspawn) are some sort or predecessor to some of the characters in the FoE story. Or are they just merely references?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Helia is Cassidy's great-grandmother via Helspawn. I have approval from the appropriate parties to do this.

Don't expect for me to make a habit of it, though. Otherwise, there is no actual connection.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
Helia is Cassidy's great-grandmother via Helspawn. I have approval from the appropriate parties to do this.

Don't expect for me to make a habit of it, though. Otherwise, there is no actual connection.

I didn't have a request I just asked a question regarding that subject.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
CoC and FoE doesn't have any direct connections (at least not more than stuff like this and references). It's more that FoE is set up as a multi-planar world, which allows for little references. Don't expect Lethice or Vic Steele to show up out of nowhere.

Night

Aug 26, 2015
CoC and FoE doesn't have any direct connections (at least not more than stuff like this and references). It's more that FoE is set up as a multi-planar world, which allows for little references. Don't expect Lethice or Vic Steele to show up out of nowhere.

I'm actually glad that they aren't directly connected. I like the little subtle references from what iv seen, or read, so far(even if the Helia's the great grandmother of Cassidy makes me wonder what happens to everyone else's, especially the PC, but that's neither here nor there) i'm glad this is new story.

Also i haven't done much looking and poking around on the sites or forums i just clicked the link  and played in browser for a couple minutes, i'v been kinda busy, but is there a downloadable offline version?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Also i haven't done much looking and poking around on the sites or forums i just clicked the link  and played in browser for a couple minutes, i'v been kinda busy, but is there a downloadable offline version?

In each build post second link is for offline version. It usualy looking like that: There is an offline version available here.

Just a note: both online and offline versions not share same saves so you will need start anew (plus each new build when played offline will require you transfer saves manualy too)

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
You shouldn't have the problem with moving if the html file has the same path as the old one.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Just a note: both online and offline versions not share same saves so you will need start anew (plus each new build when played offline will require you transfer saves manualy too)
Or use Save to Text/Load from File. There are options.