Who do you prefer, Kara or Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K367

Oct 4, 2015
On my main character, I sided with Shade and fought Kara. My first character is a half-ausar mercenary with a fire theme and a tail-cock so they fit pretty well with Shade. I also assume this will eventually lead to friendly terms and jobs with Amara's section of the Black Void and I'm looking forward to that content. 

On my smuggler character, I sided with Kara, flirted with Shade, and started the 2nd Karaquest after Shade left for Uveto. I understand that both Shade and Kara are supposed on the morally ambiguous side of things and there will probably some content in the future that sheds more light on Shade's dirtier past work, but Kara's ruthlessness and recklessness makes her and her missions so much more interesting. Like in a "this bitch is gonna get me killed, but it'll probably be really exiting" sort of way. That mission was one of the best things I've seen come out of this blog.

Overall, both characters have significant appeal in very different ways and I really can't say which one I will like more by the time all of their respective contents have been put into the game, but so far, Kara's winning from her 2nd quest alone.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Well I just played Karaquest 2 and I feel all sorts of bad about betraying Shade's trust, and for being accomplice to Amara's maybe death.

She's alive. Shade mentions it if you encountered her during the quest and went to see her after the quest and are her lover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I just had a dark brainblast about that and the seeming idea of faux independence that derives from it. 

It's a bit of a theme, yes.  Reaha, Saendra and Kara all fall into the same role of wanting independence but also sucking at actually doing it until Steele personally bails them out.  Hell, The Silence actually kind of makes Kara look worse rather than better in this regard, since outside of random encounters she gets her shit wrecked in every single fight.  She's not being shown as particularly competent, certainly not to the levels she'd need for the kind of opposition she's up against.  Her only success comes when you join her and you personally do almost all of the work.  Saendra's in less trouble but also so stubborn that you have to let someone die to get her not to go out in the only ship on Tavros worse than your Winnebago.  Reaha's life-ruining fuckup already came and went when you meet her, so her story is mostly about Steele on salvage duty.

The quest is pretty satisfyingly tough compared to the rest of the game this far, so kudos on that.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
It's a bit of a theme, yes.  Reaha, Saendra and Kara all fall into the same role of wanting independence but also sucking at actually doing it until Steele personally bails them out.  Hell, The Silence actually kind of makes Kara look worse rather than better in this regard, since outside of random encounters she gets her shit wrecked in every single fight.  She's not being shown as particularly competent, certainly not to the levels she'd need for the kind of opposition she's up against.  Her only success comes when you join her and you personally do almost all of the work.  Saendra's in less trouble but also so stubborn that you have to let someone die to get her not to go out in the only ship on Tavros worse than your Winnebago.  Reaha's life-ruining fuckup already came and went when you meet her, so her story is mostly about Steele on salvage duty.

The quest is pretty satisfyingly tough compared to the rest of the game this far, so kudos on that.

One of these days I'm gonna actually make a character get 'laid up' for a week and let him die.  But probably not .  Can't get the god machine pistol that way.  Oh if only we could hack valeria. 

Speaking of the Silence. Is that ever getting reuploaded or is it a backer thing? Or just gone with the wind. 

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

I'll be honest that I didn't really have trouble with the quest. Kahn was a mild annoyance at best and for Aamara I just threw grenades at her cronies and then took my dick out a few times and won.

I've lost more times to the bitches guarding Tavira's front door.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'll be honest that I didn't really have trouble with the quest. Kahn was a mild annoyance at best and for Aamara I just threw grenades at her cronies and then took my dick out a few times and won.

I've lost more times to the bitches guarding Tavira's front door.

Khan's not tough, but Juggernaut got me once when I was careless and Amara's multi-round stun can absolutely wreck you.  My maxed-out Mercenary was left with 19 HP at the end after Second Wind, and that was going the tease route.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Khan's not tough, but Juggernaut got me once when I was careless and Amara's multi-round stun can absolutely wreck you.  My maxed-out Mercenary was left with 19 HP at the end after Second Wind, and that was going the tease route.

Yeah it mighta just been my luck on my Smuggler.

Honestly I'm not the most happy with combat in this game.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
I've had a couple of cascade losses on Amara. Chain Stun and focus shot is murder.

And Khan. Yeah.  Kinda chumpy. Has a humongous weakspot. And the two hundred lust with pointless when you're twice as weak to lust. I mean sure it's not all lust bust still. 

D

Deleted member 15512

Definitely Shade, but the 2nd Kara mission was pretty cool, even if I raged at getting chain-stunned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Introduce Kara to Shade, since they can both be on Uveto at the same time.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Got a couple of necromancers here

Status
Not open for further replies.