What Content Would You Like Added?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Reactions: Violent_Peace

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
I would like it if they were to advance the levels past 10 would be cool to use all that xp people are stock piling up, and getting perks that could combo well with others or just be awesome to use against new or old enemies.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
I would like it if they were to advance the levels past 10 would be cool to use all that xp people are stock piling up, and getting perks that could combo well with others or just be awesome to use against new or old enemies.
Enemies aren't hard enough at level 10, they don't want to go further for a whiiilleeee.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Enemies aren't hard enough at level 10, they don't want to go further for a whiiilleeee.

How far along in the game are they with the story? Because last I checked they were adding like 10 more levels and stopping at like 20. So what do they plan for like level 20 enemies? The ability to blow shit up with their minds and one shot kill you?

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
How far along in the game are they with the story? Because last I checked they were adding like 10 more levels and stopping at like 20. So what do they plan for like level 20 enemies? The ability to blow shit up with their minds and one shot kill you?
It'd be a matter of numbers more than in-universe god powers I imagine. I don't know better than you do.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Gotta remember as well that once the game gets into tainted space territory, its going to be home to lots of wild mutations. Some benign, some wildly dangerous. And then there are going to be people looking to exploit that, both for their own use and profit. Wouldn't surprise me if we end up seeing the real elite of the Black Void while there.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
It'd be a matter of numbers more than in-universe god powers I imagine. I don't know better than you do.

Eh, idk personally I'm questioning how they gonna handle like level 20 enemies. Like will a dude just get 4 attacks per turn or something like that or like just do high damage.

Then comes the question of how powerful armor will be and how much it will cost. Armor right now cost a bitch, hopefully enemies will be dropping tons of credits if not stuff that will give you tons of credits or maybe just good gear.

Maybe they could add an upgrading system to make guns stronger so you don't have to change weapons but I highly doubt they would even barely chip the paint on that.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
I mean, it's a game about space stuff and we've mostly been fighting grunts, wild creatures, and pirates so far. It really wouldn't be that hard to implement characters like royal guards or assassins that possess far more advanced armor, weapons, and shields as our role in the universe grows. The enemies we fight don't have to gain new powers (although they certainly could if it fits them), all they need is better gear to simultaneously provide a greater threat to us and also give us more incentive to fight them in order to gain that loot for ourselves.
Also, yes, please give us an upgrade system for our weapons. It's probably not going to happen, especially not anytime soon, but I've said before that it would really help allow us to use the weapons we feel are thematically fitting for our characters instead of just picking from the three or so weapons from each category that dwarf the power of everything else while also giving us a reason to return to different areas of the game that might have otherwise been forgotten in order to get the materials needed for the upgrades.
As for money, that's just a number. There are basically infinite ways to naturally implement that into the game and I'm not too worried about it.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, but you do realise that we're about halfway through the game, right? There's plenty of time and scope for the main writers to add in some real hardass enemies.

Just be patient.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
I mean, it's a game about space stuff and we've mostly been fighting grunts, wild creatures, and pirates so far. It really wouldn't be that hard to implement characters like royal guards or assassins that possess far more advanced armor, weapons, and shields as our role in the universe grows. The enemies we fight don't have to gain new powers (although they certainly could if it fits them), all they need is better gear to simultaneously provide a greater threat to us and also give us more incentive to fight them in order to gain that loot for ourselves.
Also, yes, please give us an upgrade system for our weapons. It's probably not going to happen, especially not anytime soon, but I've said before that it would really help allow us to use the weapons we feel are thematically fitting for our characters instead of just picking from the three or so weapons from each category that dwarf the power of everything else while also giving us a reason to return to different areas of the game that might have otherwise been forgotten in order to get the materials needed for the upgrades.
As for money, that's just a number. There are basically infinite ways to naturally implement that into the game and I'm not too worried about it.

Personally an upgrade system would be best for cool weapons, but I feel like if the idea it was even presented to Fen, he'd be like."I don't want people feeling like they have to upgrade their weapons to be stronger"

Then they drop a new weapon in the backers build that just sucks ass and does terrible damage.

and the thing on credits is that you don't want to spend credits on something in game like a million credits then get nothing much out of it. Like imagine if you fixed Paige's eyes and then instead of falling for you she says she wants to be friends and she doesn't offer you anything else not even the yoga. Or imagine if you bought a drone in game that's like one hundred thousand credits and then you have your drone destroyed in one way or another.

I know you can just get more credits but it's the fact of having to keep spending them constantly and getting less out of what you spent.

Actually I'd like better prices for items in game.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
Personally an upgrade system would be best for cool weapons, but I feel like if the idea it was even presented to Fen, he'd be like."I don't want people feeling like they have to upgrade their weapons to be stronger"

Then they drop a new weapon in the backers build that just sucks ass and does terrible damage.

and the thing on credits is that you don't want to spend credits on something in game like a million credits then get nothing much out of it. Like imagine if you fixed Paige's eyes and then instead of falling for you she says she wants to be friends and she doesn't offer you anything else not even the yoga. Or imagine if you bought a drone in game that's like one hundred thousand credits and then you have your drone destroyed in one way or another.

I know you can just get more credits but it's the fact of having to keep spending them constantly and getting less out of what you spent.

Actually I'd like better prices for items in game.
To be fair, money is reeeaaaaaaalllly easy to cheese out. You can just farm the bots on Zheng Shi for hundreds of thousands in like 5 minutes. Or just cheat. The economy can't be taken all that seriously anymore, especially considering the fact that there's no unified value to credits. Every author makes them wildly different.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
A slave auction.
Steele finds out that someone who knows the location of a probe has been captured and is about to be sold at an auction. So Steele must infiltrate the auction and try to break them out or buy their freedom. Steele could also have the option to buy some of the other slaves. They don't necessarily have to become crewmembers, but might be found elsewhere later on (maybe Steele sends them to Tavros or their home planets and so on).
Also, obligatory references to Orion slave girls or other famous movie slaves.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
A slave auction.
Steele finds out that someone who knows the location of a probe has been captured and is about to be sold at an auction. So Steele must infiltrate the auction and try to break them out or buy their freedom. Steele could also have the option to buy some of the other slaves. They don't necessarily have to become crewmembers, but might be found elsewhere later on (maybe Steele sends them to Tavros or their home planets and so on).
Also, obligatory references to Orion slave girls or other famous movie slaves.
Optionally you could also have a mission where Steele escapes from a slave auction that they're in somehow. (Or doesn't, obviously) Maybe you get convinced to go undercover to rescue the person and if you fuck it up you actually get sold off. It wouldn't be the first time Steele pretended to be a slave.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
If you want money easily, I'd recommend farming the Mining Bots and Slavebreakers on Zheng Shi. Everyone knows the gems dropped by the bots fetch a decent price, but the Star Viper Slutwear and Heavy Slut Ray have a fairly decent drop rate from Slavebreakers in the exact same area and can be sold for a frankly shocking amount of credits compared to the standard gems.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
It's not about needing money, it's about spending it on shit that doesn't pay off. It's not about oh I need thousands or oh I want thousands, it's the fact I'm spending that on stuff that becomes crap and doesn't pay off or on crap that wasn't needed. It's the fact that I'm spending so much on something that's gonna give me 1+ more damage than the last gun, or 1+ more defense than the last piece of armor or just stuff that offers nothing at all besides the last numbers I had before. It's not the money, it's what I'm spending the money on and how it feels like it's crap.

Maybe they could add new hairstyles

Or they could add some new stuff to do with older companions but I don't think they will.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Supposedly, ship upgrades/modifications are meant to be a major moneysink, but that requires ship implementation to be finished first, obviously.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
Milodan tf plz
A Milodan-specific TF would be nice, but it's really not hard to Frankenstein a Milodan character out of the multiple different cat and dog transformations currently in the game. They're basically just big cat-dogs and nothing about them is unique enough to constitute a completely new transformation, at least in my opinion. The most unique thing about them is the fact that the codex outright states that Milodan females are infertile most of the year and go into heat every 6 months, but that would be solved by just adding in a heat perk like we've discussed before (and I'm pretty sure is currently in the works based on a link someone posted a few days back).

Reactions: Jongeedubs

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
I would really like it if the Gray Goo Armor could specifically mimic the appearance of any piece of armor or clothing that you have picked up on your adventures in the style options (without gaining their stats, obviously). Currently it just provides a generic description of each style that's pretty clearly designed to let you imagine how your character looks instead of outright telling you, but I feel like it would be a lot more interesting if it could also function as a sort of collection for all the interesting outfits you've seen in the game, kind of like how Ben/Bess have their huge accessory store to play dress-up with.

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
But the tf could make it that your nuts wont increase size or stop at a certain size and probably increase refractory rate