What content would you like added?

Dec 28, 2016
not related to current comparison conversation

Things I'd like to see added: more corruption events (and by corrupt I mean demon corruption), the ability to corrupt your party members/other NPCs. Incest (hard no to underage incest but several races in the game the kids grow up fast, so add incest events for kids to want to get down with their parents as adults, looking at Kinu especially.)
I believe direct incest between parent and child is full on banned, per the rules (espically with Kino)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Things I'd like to see added: more corruption events (and by corrupt I mean demon corruption), the ability to corrupt your party members/other NPCs.
Companion corruption is entirely bespoke and amounts to whatever their writer wants to do with them. Savin has mentioned that for Cait, encouraging her rampant turbosluttery is her corruption path. Brienne's has been mentioned as involving that dream demon form, but we don't have more details or anything remotely resembling a timeframe (probably Nowhere Soon) and Wsan mentioned having ideas for Brint some time back but that's all we know. Ryn and Arona have both been mentioned as potentially having demon transformations but the former is such parser soup that it's probably the first thing on Savin's chopping block. Meanwhile Kiyoko is basically impossible to corrupt by her nature. Azzy has a corruption path; it renders her a content dead-end.

Incest (hard no to underage incest but several races in the game the kids grow up fast, so add incest events for kids to want to get down with their parents as adults, looking at Kinu especially.)
Bruh...
Tobs has added that even if the hard ban on that shit wasn't a thing, he'd never write Kinu incest.

Last edited:

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
Only a minority thinks CoC1 is better than CoC2. It's probably because it's free roam sandbox feel but honestly that made me dislike the game more. The minimalistic UI with no sense of direction of what's happening or what you're even doing also didn't help. CoC1 is honestly more akin to a Clicker Game with random bits of erotica added in rather than a Visual Novel.

I wouldn't really call COC1 a free roam sandbox, either. The extent of its "roaming" was just pressing a location button until the rng decided you found an event or another location button. There's zero sense of exploration, no "Finally finished exploring this region!", only waiting for the game to decide to let you go to another place.

It was good as a vehicle for smut, but it was very much a product of its time and served as a learning experience on game design for everyone involved.

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
Kinu and seggs don't belong in the same sentence.

Heresy, peko!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_16902825541208683.jpg
    FB_IMG_16902825541208683.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 19

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I guess I now want a bad end in which Kinu and -possibly- Mrs. Annoying Verbal Tic(s) become broken, disgusting cumdumps for Taothians.
Talk about stereotypical Japanese stuff :smuggo:

(Not that I like the Taothians either, mind you. Speaking of CoC, I had Edryn gestate Taoth.)

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I really feel like COC did pure content better. I mean really, you could be the hero of your dreams in COC, save everyone and purify everything. It was so much better.

I would like to see more pure content. Let me save some orphans just because I can and get nothing for it beyond the satisfaction of making the world a better place. And while we're at it, can I please help Garth tend to the inn? And don't even think about having it be a paying job, I just think he needs the help and Jae isn't doing any real maid work, let's be honest. Oh, and some missionary sidequests for Sanders would be great, where you can bring food, clothes, and other necessities to those in need. And perish the thought of rewards! A good deed is its own reward!

It's about time we get COC2 on track to being as great as COC1, fr fr.
Honestly, that's kinda what I feel makes moral options have weight. Like, many have talked about how Bioshock almost had a great moral choice system, but it got ruined by executives saying "we don't think the public will like this" and making there be extra rewards for the good path, just delayed. What makes moral choices interesting is when the good path and option has no reward, or substantially less reward than the evil path. I don't directly want to be evil. I will generally be motivated to pick the moral option. If you put two billion diamonds in the pure path and one piece of bread in the corrupt path, that further disincentivizes picking the corrupt path, because from a utilitarian view it is also better to be good. CoC2, at the moment, largely has its moral choices like that. The pure path gives boatloads of content and rewards, the corrupt path gives you corrupted versions of two npcs with infinitely less content than on the pure path. Because of that, I basically have no reason to pick corrupt options outside of when I'm romancing Kas (and even then it's mainly because those options are sexy and not evil).
Man, am I really one of the few people who thinks CoC1 was nothing to write home about?

It was my first Fenco game, might I add, and I didn't quite like it: getting used to the UI alone was rough.

CoC2 >>> TiTS >>>>>>>>>>> CoC1.

Also:
CoC2 is its own thing, it's not CoC1, never will be.
Comparing them in X or Y aspect is pointless.

(Half expecting to get boo'ed for this)
I find CoC1 to be very confusing in its layout and workings. TiTS was a massive improvement, while CoC2 feels more like a sidegrade to TiTS than an upgrade. CoC1 does have a lot of really good stuff, but it was all very disconnected and didn't make anything clear.

Reactions: QuedzaDrake

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I seriously like COC more than COC2 because:

Corruption content is better (imo)
Kitsune are more enjoyable
The MC can be more consistent in the way they are written
The MC is capable of being an actual badass, as they should be
Seriously, the moment I figured out what to do, my playthroughs ended up like this:
1690854997485.png
which is something Ill never complain about

Although, one thing COC will never have that COC2 does is Brienne. Every playthrough of COC2, I am tempted to get her. Can't wait to finally marry her in Brihaus

Reactions: Rando231

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I really feel like COC did pure content better. I mean really, you could be the hero of your dreams in COC, save everyone and purify everything. It was so much better.

I would like to see more pure content. Let me save some orphans just because I can and get nothing for it beyond the satisfaction of making the world a better place. And while we're at it, can I please help Garth tend to the inn? And don't even think about having it be a paying job, I just think he needs the help and Jae isn't doing any real maid work, let's be honest. Oh, and some missionary sidequests for Sanders would be great, where you can bring food, clothes, and other necessities to those in need. And perish the thought of rewards! A good deed is its own reward!

It's about time we get COC2 on track to being as great as COC1, fr fr.
It's times like this that remind me that most of our content isn't really "pure" or "corrupt". It's stuff that's meant to work for both and not exclude either.

One's mileage may, of course, vary.
I seriously like COC more than COC2 because:

[...]
The MC can be more consistent in the way they are written
You and I played different games, then.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
You and I played different games, then.
For me it's noticeable that the MC acts way different around certain NPCs in COC2. When they could take no BS from others before (depending on how you play them), they are suddenly letting themselves be walked over by the kitsune? Not even a choice of having an internal monologue about how or why they'll tolerate this. In COC, I usually play the same way in my playthroughs (mostly good, saving lethice, ending up with either: Kiha, Ember, or Arian as lovers), so maybe you've noticed something I haven't.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Man, am I really one of the few people who thinks CoC1 was nothing to write home about?

It was my first Fenco game, might I add, and I didn't quite like it: getting used to the UI alone was rough.

CoC2 >>> TiTS >>>>>>>>>>> CoC1.

Also:
CoC2 is its own thing, it's not CoC1, never will be.
Comparing them in X or Y aspect is pointless.

(Half expecting to get boo'ed for this)
Nope I never really got on with CoC1. CoC2 is much better imo.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
For me it's noticeable that the MC acts way different around certain NPCs in COC2. When they could take no BS from others before (depending on how you play them), they are suddenly letting themselves be walked over by the kitsune? Not even a choice of having an internal monologue about how or why they'll tolerate this. In COC, I usually play the same way in my playthroughs (mostly good, saving lethice, ending up with either: Kiha, Ember, or Arian as lovers), so maybe you've noticed something I haven't.
Almost like CoC1 is a pure power fantasy, which isnt that fun for most people. CoC2 is a lot more grounded, and the champ isnt someone who has any fucking sway on how anyone deals with anything, all we are is someone who was made to be the hero because we were at the right place at the wrong time.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Almost like CoC1 is a pure power fantasy, which isnt that fun for most people. CoC2 is a lot more grounded, and the champ isnt someone who has any fucking sway on how anyone deals with anything, all we are is someone who was made to be the hero because we were at the right place at the wrong time.
Maybe, but you can't deny we had the kitsune on their knees. Even if we have no sway on how they do anything, the fact that we have no choice in whether we bend over backwards to their life-essence vampire butts or not even though it's been made clear that we can put them in their place is unacceptable. We don't even get to have our character be annoyed by them even though they give us plenty of reason to. Besides, just because this game isn't a power fantasy doesn't mean you have to be a complete chump either. Ever heard of Goblin Slayer? The MC isn't remotely close to being the most powerful, but no way you would ever describe him as a chump, which is unfortunately what our character is half the time.

You might say: "If you hate the kitsune so much, just avoid them", I really appreciate the reward Evergreen gives you once you complete her quest on 80% of my characters. In addition, their place has a waypoint. Those are always going to be useful. I know how much you love the kitsune and all, but some people don't, enough to the point that they are apparently a common complaint of the game. If the game suddenly gave you the choice to do some bad things to the kitsune, why would you be mad? It's your choice what you do to them, you can simply choose to not to. It's like if I got pissed at someone who kills my favorite NPC in Skyrim who I'm always entertained by. How would that actually personally affect me or my playthroughs?

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
CoC2 is a lot more grounded, and the champ isnt someone who has any fucking sway on how anyone deals with anything, all we are is someone who was made to be the hero because we were at the right place at the wrong time.
You're so full of crap.

The Champion with at most two followers strolled through the Kitsune's tree house beating down all their strongest fighters in a row like this was a side-scrolling beat-em-up, and they weren't even there to start a conflict just to have a chat. When stuff like that is just a minor detour as they randomly explore the Champion is clearly more than just some common guy/girl.
If anything after deciding to hang around the weeb-foxes should be walking on eggshells to make sure the big scary barbarian frequently walking through their halls doesn't spazz out and murder them all for real this time.

What you should be saying about CoC2 is that it's alot more schizophrenic on how important/powerful the PC is.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
I don't understand some of y'alls burning hatred for a race because some of the members are mildly dickish towards you. The Kitsune aren't afraid of you because you didn't come to the Den with malevolent intentions and you were ultimately on the right, isn't that enough? Why do the Kitsune have to live in fear that they will be slaughtered in their homes if they don't appease the big bad barbarian? Because having the option to punish them makes you feel stronger?

Reactions: Ultra Chad

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I don't understand some of y'alls burning hatred for a race because some of the members are mildly dickish towards you. The Kitsune aren't afraid of you because you didn't come to the Den with malevolent intentions and you were ultimately on the right, isn't that enough?
People frequently like Kitsune characters... when they aren't being written by Tobs.
There's a number of glaring issues with his handling of it all which have been discussed on the forums so often in the past.

Personally I used them as an example because they were being talked about at this time.

Because having the option to punish them makes you feel stronger?
That's... pretty much the whole point of the Corruption mechanic, in Corruption of Champions 2(TM).
As a pure player don't care for it myself but you can hardly become indignant when it is a cornerstone of the series.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Personally it's their racism that turns me right off. If they can barely tolerate me even if I sell my soul to their god, have a kitsune family then I just don't want to stick around. "You'll never be one of them" is the message and it's successful.

Congratulations, I don't want to be in the den unless I absolutely have too. Weebs love that Japanese nationalism/racism shtick but I'm not them.

Me, walking into the den like:
I don't understand some of y'alls burning hatred for a race

Yeah...it is a real turn off to be disliked because of your race which is apparently such a stain on your existence to them that your complete physical and spiritual transformation just makes them Politely racist at best.

I really like Kitsune, obviously which is why I'm always harping on about this.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
What you should be saying about CoC2 is that it's alot more schizophrenic on how important/powerful the PC is.
I really wish CoC2 had a system closer to TiTs Kind, Mischievous, Hard alignments. I feel like it would help with PC consistency.

Except I guess you choose instead of it being on a scale, TiTs isn't a perfect system either. Maybe that's just the feeling from a purely player perspective and it actually makes it harder for writers though I don't know.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I don't understand some of y'alls burning hatred for a race because some of the members are mildly dickish towards you. The Kitsune aren't afraid of you because you didn't come to the Den with malevolent intentions and you were ultimately on the right, isn't that enough? Why do the Kitsune have to live in fear that they will be slaughtered in their homes if they don't appease the big bad barbarian? Because having the option to punish them makes you feel stronger?
Well it's not the race, per se. Just those ones in particular are annoying. Everytime you interact with them, they give off this air of superiority like they think they're better than you. Like they're doing you a favor by interacting with you. Our character gets treated like dirt, and is just okay with it. Even lawful good characters have a limit.

Here's an example showing why I don't like them: a scenario where I end up in a fight with some dude for no reason and it wasn't even remotely a challenge to beat them, if they pop up weeks or months later talking shit, I wouldn't have the nicest thoughts of them. In fact I might remind them about it. Maybe you can call me petty, but being petty is good sometimes. Sad thing is I like kitsune outside of COC2, Tamamo-no-Mae from Fate and the actual myth being my favorite.

Although, there are definitely few exceptions of the kitsune in COC2 that I actually like.

Reactions: Furiae

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Personally it's their racism that turns me right off. If they can barely tolerate me even if I sell my soul to their god, have a kitsune family then I just don't want to stick around. "You'll never be one of them" is the message and it's successful.
Isn't it just Nakano who is wildly racist towards you? The guy who is disliked by literally everyone around him for his incessant larping (well, maybe except Kinu but idk). I'm actually drawing a blank on this, who else is racist towards you?I haven't done the Kiyoko rescue thing in a long time which I heard really bad things about so I might have different views on this.
Well it's not the race, per se. Just those ones in particular are annoying. Everytime you interact with them, they give off this air of superiority like they think they're better than you. Like they're doing you a favor by interacting with you. Our character gets treated like dirt, and is just okay with it. Even lawful good characters have a limit.
I'm fine with this, disliking certain characters are pretty much encouraged anyways (Well Nakano is, Takahiro is a... Bubble character so you never know). There probably can be an option when finishing the Kitsune quest where you pick: "I hate you and never bother me again" which stops the random encounters. I just don't agree with the murder-hoboing.

Reactions: valkyr42

Mouseling

Jan 6, 2023
to me, the only thing worth it in the den is Tetsuya (fox prince my beloved), Mai's and Rindo's quest rewards, and the waypoint other than that and sometimes buying from Kohaku since she has items you can't otherwise have I'm happy to not interact with any currently existing kitsune ever again

TomatoEater

Aug 1, 2023
Well I have a couple of corrupt your companion idea considering corruption content are quite lacking rn.

First off, Cait demon transformation or Corrupt path, I'm imagining the way we do it is by using the wyvern venom with combination of succubus milk, there's after all already an option to absolutely ruin Cait anal with the wyvern venom and just watching her squirm and it earned the player corruption point so why don't we use that as a base to start Cait corrupt path.

the way this work is the PC gonna have to do that anal lube interaction at least on 3 separate occasion, first one just require a wyvern venom and a succubus milk nothing financial ruining, second step same amount of venom but 2 succubus milk this time after all we really gonna need to ramp up that demon transformation speed, at this stage I call this the in-between stage as in if the PC pussy out and don't want to continue then you're in luck because you can just bring cat to sander or whatever malach equivalent to cure her from the corruption, however if you proceed well thing get interesting so strap on friend, the third time require 2 wyvern venom (alternatively if there's a wyvern TF item in the future, that Wyvern tf item along with one wyvern venom.) along with 5 succubus milk, in this stage that's it champion your catgirl priestess is too far gone the corruption spectrum and is now practically begging for you to fuck her so why don't you go ahead and do it after all this is what you wanted right? And bam she cum out her lethicite and now become a wyvern venom addicted demon, alternatively we can substitute the succuby milk with bimbo brew if the writer don't want demon Cait either way I feel this give the PC another choice beside VV and Azzy to corrupt considering one of them become an unrecruitable NPC upon corruption.

Next up, Demon Brienne, for Brienne I'm thinking we should continue with the cursed apparel story to turn her into that demon form we see on the Halloween event, just like in CoC where if you put on some piercing items you'll get bad ending'd the same could happen to Brienne however as for how do we acquire this item well I feel like it should be a quest drop item as if it can be bought by the PC it'll be boring, the way this happen is that we'll be doing a quest tasked by someone and upon finishing up that dungeon and beating out the rascal demon in there they'll drop some questionable apparel that just so happen to not fit the PC but would fit Brienne just fine, well as the PC you might not have learned you lesson yet and decided to give it to Brienne nonetheless and forever doomed your minotaur companion to demonhood! Well not really because once again if the PC cucked out just ask Sander to remove it, if not well my friend now it is treasure hunting time, go find 1 more of this item and you'll get yourself that Halloween demon Brienne all for your own enjoyment, as for what the item will be, well I'm thinking it should be a pair of tits piercing and a clit piercing the writer can change it to whatever they like.

and that's all the companion that I think would be cool to corrupt into demon, Cait because every demon keep saying she'll be a fine ass demon so why shouldn't we oblige and Brienne because there's already a bust for it might as well re-use it for something outside of the event.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I admit I'm probably biased because of GILF fox, but to quote the great Loveless with all their wisdom:
If my character ever sexes her and I am in control and not in "chumpion" mode, it'd probably be some rough "pillaging barbarian comes across defenceless woman" roleplay stuff. Maybe that would finally vent out my frustrations of the kitsune? Probably not, but that could be fun for someone here.

Last edited:

Loveless

May 29, 2022
You want to roughly dominate Komari

I want her to claw me, bite me and draw blood while she guilt trips me into getting her pregnant meanwhile she gaslights me into believing this is what I want.

We are not the same.

• Haha
Reactions: Furiae and valkyr42

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
You want to roughly dominate Komari

I want her to claw me, bite me and draw blood while she guilt trips me into getting her pregnant meanwhile she gaslights me into believing this is what I want.

We are not the same.
Hey, if we're frustrated at the kitsune but can't do questionable stuff against them for some reason, dominating their leader seems to be a good compromise ¯\(ツ)/¯ . Especially with the evidence popping out 1 or 2 months later. Might be good catharsis.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
It's times like this that remind me that most of our content isn't really "pure" or "corrupt". It's stuff that's meant to work for both and not exclude either.
Indeed, it really speaks to the psychology of players who want "corrupt" content added, that any choices or paths added to the game that aren't overtly--if not cartoonishly--self-serving or outright evil then must be "pure" content. It seems to me a very toxic black and white view.

I thought it would be amusing to put the shoe on the other foot and satirically request content based around the idea that I can't be "good" enough, but I think too many people took me seriously.

But I digress. I believe the way things are done currently is largely the right choice, although improvements could always be made. I think sprinkling in smaller "corruptive" interactions along the way would be the best move going forward. More things like the baker in Khor.

Though I see this thread has devolved into Gripes Thread 2 again currently...

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
I admit I'm probably biased because of GILF fox, but to quote the great Loveless with all their wisdom:
Nah, what's that gonna change? She's just like the rest of them, her bad end speaks for itself.
Should just stay a bunch of horny foxes, but NO.

They're MUST be "special."

Dirty barbarian at our gates, maybe we should talk? Screw that - kill! The risk of going corrupted? Sounds like a barbs problem that doesn't concern me because I'm guarded 24/7 by a living god, too bad others don't have that. What do you know, barbarian? We are a people of high culture and ancient noble traditions! Not that a creature as earthbound as you could understand them. Wow, you made yourself look like us, nice cosplay, gaijin. What, did you sell your soul for this? Haha good for you I guess. Well of course, we ask for your consent to sex, but if we're hungry or just bored, there's no such thing as consent, right? Especially if you don't know what's good for yourself.
Et cetera, et cetera.
Bah! Who do they think they are? A bunch of skinny lupines with multiple tails and vampire tendencies, that's what they are!
They're so annoying that even Kass didn't want to poke her dick in their direction, even just for fun.
It's no surprise that there are prejudices about them. And something tells me that vampirism is not the first reason for that, the first is definitely their attitude.
It would be just wonderful to meet a kitsune who grew up and lived outside of kitsune society, if such a thing is even possible.

I may or may not have had trolling intentions when I wrote this. No offense.

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Indeed, it really speaks to the psychology of players who want "corrupt" content added, that any choices or paths added to the game that aren't overtly--if not cartoonishly--self-serving or outright evil then must be "pure" content. It seems to me a very toxic black and white view.

I thought it would be amusing to put the shoe on the other foot and satirically request content based around the idea that I can't be "good" enough, but I think too many people took me seriously.

But I digress. I believe the way things are done currently is largely the right choice, although improvements could always be made. I think sprinkling in smaller "corruptive" interactions along the way would be the best move going forward. More things like the baker in Khor.

Though I see this thread has devolved into Gripes Thread 2 again currently...
How is it devolving? No racism or personal attacks so far. What I'll never understand is why there's seemingly a pushback on player freedom, if someone wants to be the righteous person everyone looks up to, why can't they be? In the same vein, why shouldn't people have the choice to be downright evil either? Or maybe somewhere in between, who knows, you're the player of an RPG, you should have the freedom to decide. Most of the forms of corruption in this game only involve just cumming or being cummed in by demons when it can be so much more. You can do a few questionable things here and there, but that's really it. Also cumming in the baker's food screams: "Weirdo!" than "Oh my gods, how evil!".

I'm gonna be honest, the way corruption is right now is a little boring. Throw some nuance in there a little, let people explore and roleplay their dark characters. Again, why call the game "Corruption of Champions 2" if corruption isn't gonna be a real focus?

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
To be fair, we did commit home invasion; and with most American's attitude towards such situations we're atleast lucky they didn't try to pull out magic AR-15s on us.
It was more like:

Us: "Hello, anybody home?"
Azami and Co: "Who dares?"
Us: "You left the front door unlocked. Anyway we just wanna ta-"
Azami and Co: "Stop right there, criminal scu-" *Pow
*Kazuo appears
Us: "Oh good, can we tal-"
Kazuo: "Behold my nerdy weeb pow-" *Smack
*Nakano appears
Us: "Please let's ju-"
Nakano: "Trespassers, by my honor and edgy weebness, prepare to di-" *Bonk
Us: "Wow that was tough!" *No it wasn't