What content would you like added?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
while marriage really should still had more choices but the point I am trying make is she should still had some of the influence from the time she did have with you.
Your character's parents (and your real parents) do not have a say in if you marry Ahmri or Kiyoko, so why should you? You get to influence her development in her younger years, and this indirectly pick who she marries, but to demand that she marry whoever you choose and not whoever she chooses is a clear overreach, both in-story and out.
False choices? You are railroaded into being useless. There is no “choices” like the poster above me pointed out. He should have given the father more choices to do things with his daughter beside being useless and wondering why he is even there.
This, I do agree with. The Kinu story feels like a series of vignettes you happen to witness, when your position should give you much more reason to interact. Even if you don't get allowed to solve all of Kinu's problems, having false choices that just make you feel like you're doing something (like, as was suggested, training and sparring with Kinu) would likely alleviate a lot of the tension people have about not doing anything.
Yet your essence helped her gain nine tails. It normally takes a 100 years to grow a single tail and nine tails takes insane amount of years.
CoC2 Kitsune live, at maximum, to 150 years old. You can check this using the game's codex entry for Kitsune. Mythological kitsune take 100 years per tail, but not these kitsune.

Reactions: Ultra Chad
Komari might become fuckable?

One of the two especially fucked up bad ends under her belt out of the 3 technically has her taking part in threesomes with the Champion, since she possesses your body and drags your mind along with it whilst you're mentally gaslighted from a weeping mess into a living sex object.

In the absence of an option to throw her into the void or give her the terminal frosthammer bonk, I too support the option for players to dominate her since that's probably as close as I'm going to get as actual reasonable consequences for her being such a malicious sack of shit the moment the opportunity presented itself.

If you don't like the world thinking you're a soulless monster, perhaps start with not having fates worse then some of the shit actual demons and eldritch abominations are pulling on people.

Kinu ages from 0 to 8 years in orb: I sleep
Kinu ages from 8 to 20 years in orb: REAL SHIT!

Few problems with this. The first one is that at some point in the content after you free them(I forget what even it's specifically written in), Kinu does say that Kiyoko had a divination that your visits were going to stop appearing, right at the beginning of the years that would go by before they would be released. I'm not sure if it's outright stated it was the full 12 or so years, but it's heavily implied to be the full thing and at the minimum confirmed to be over the course of several years.

Now you have a crestfallen Kiyoko, a Kinu stuck with her as a single parent, younger siblings of varying amounts she must help raise, and no father figure for the next 10ish years, and she ends up going through the mental developmental turmoil that is puberty in this environment whilst completely isolated from the outside world. Let's also keep in mind Kiyoko has been trapped in there for 2 centuries worth of meatspace time with no outside contact. Not exactly the first choice you want to have to look up to as sole guardian figure for a decade, and it shows when they finally do get out.

The fact that Keros warned them beforehand that this was going to happen without so much as a word to you is pretty much unforgivable. Even if it was completely unavoidable for them to have to wait the decade, he could of at least told you beforehand and given you a chance to go in and explain to your family what was going to happen and ask if it was what they wanted, give them a chance to prepare and say farewells for now.

The earlier rapid aging, if it too was actual years in there, at the very least had you be an active presence throughout it, and the first few years of her life would be spent as an infant with a lowered perception of your absence anyhow.

The two situations really are not comparable.

Reactions: Tamsee and Emerald

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Your character's parents (and your real parents) do not have a say in if you marry Ahmri or Kiyoko, so why should you? You get to influence her development in her younger years, and this indirectly pick who she marries, but to demand that she marry whoever you choose and not whoever she chooses is a clear overreach, both in-story and out.

This, I do agree with. The Kinu story feels like a series of vignettes you happen to witness, when your position should give you much more reason to interact. Even if you don't get allowed to solve all of Kinu's problems, having false choices that just make you feel like you're doing something (like, as was suggested, training and sparring with Kinu) would likely alleviate a lot of the tension people have about not doing anything.

CoC2 Kitsune live, at maximum, to 150 years old. You can check this using the game's codex entry for Kitsune. Mythological kitsune take 100 years per tail, but not these kitsune.
Not really over reaching for a choice you are unhappy with a Arranged marry for your daughter, if your daughter see that you are unhappy with that and you are against it then it could lead her to picking family over duty path.

Forcing her to not be allowed isn’t the same as having a say in on the arranged Marriaged only week after being free. Your wife is the one that forced her which as you put it would be over reaching.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Not really over reaching for a choice you are unhappy with a Arranged marry for your daughter, if your daughter see that you are unhappy with that and you are against it then it could lead her to picking family over duty path.

Forcing her to not be allowed isn’t the same as having a say in on the arranged Marriaged only week after being free. Your wife is the one that forced her which as you put it would be over reaching.
Where are you getting the idea that either Kinu is in some kind of unhappy arranged marriage? I don't think that there's any reference to her being signed up for [Nakano/Hitoshi] against her will. By all accounts, she is deeply in love with whomever she has as a fiance.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Where are you getting the idea that either Kinu is in some kind of unhappy arranged marriage? I don't think that there's any reference to her being signed up for [Nakano/Hitoshi] against her will. By all accounts, she is deeply in love with whomever she has as a fiance.
Because you deeply fall in love first day and with first guy you meet? Marriage is choice by her mother just few days after getting free. There Literally only few days before she gets free and marriage on the table and it said her mother was one that did it before she even started having strong feelings

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
This whole opinion I'm about to state might fall apart based on me playing a save based on an ages old modified save, but from what I saw, things seemed to happen in rapid succession without any reveals. I freed them from the Orb, and suddenly people had talking options about Kinu marrying someone.

It felt like there were some transitional pieces missing that built up to the whole thing. Again, I don't know if those just don't exist or if I missed them because some triggers were fucked due to my modified save, but it would have been nice to be lead to it more slowly, even if, ultimately, you couldn't do much.

Like, after being freed, they're just kinda there in Kiyoko's old den and things are as they are. Having additional scenes like:
  • The decision for Kiyoko, Kinu and the other kits moving to the old den and the move there
  • the lead up to Kinu becoming engaged to someone (and giving us maybe a three button choice of wholehearted support or grumbling acceptance of the inevitable or throwing an ultimately ineffective tantrum)
  • more of an "unlocking" or lead up to Kinu telling us about what happened with the attacks

would probably make everything jive a bit better. Could be done by the champion receiving a letter from Kiyoko to check by the old den if a certain time passes after it unlocks and you don't go there by yourself in that time.

It also feels like the random scenes we stumble over in both dens that give more background to what is happening there are... well, too random and seem out of order. While those are appreciated, at least I don't mind them, getting them more sorted or giving them better trigger conditions might help?

Like, between Kiyoko & Co moving to the old den and the engagement discussion event there could be 2 or three of those of Kinu adjusting to being outside, meeting her future fiance and her thoughts about that etc.

Again, I don't know if I actually just missed those, so disregard me if that's the case.

But yeah, thinking about it, in general I'd like to see some form of message given to the Champion, maybe via letter pidgeon (or letter harpy, idk) that informs us about things happening in general to point the player in certain directions if they don't go somewhere when something unlocks for a good while. The letter we get when Elthara is in the wayfort is a good example that's already implemented. Or, for example, for Festivus, we get a letter of invitation instead of stumbling over it. Could be made into an early unlockable or just a menu option for those that prefer the more "I'll find it myself" approach.

Reactions: Emerald

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
This whole opinion I'm about to state might fall apart based on me playing a save based on an ages old modified save, but from what I saw, things seemed to happen in rapid succession without any reveals. I freed them from the Orb, and suddenly people had talking options about Kinu marrying someone.

It felt like there were some transitional pieces missing that built up to the whole thing. Again, I don't know if those just don't exist or if I missed them because some triggers were fucked due to my modified save, but it would have been nice to be lead to it more slowly, even if, ultimately, you couldn't do much.

Like, after being freed, they're just kinda there in Kiyoko's old den and things are as they are. Having additional scenes like:
  • The decision for Kiyoko, Kinu and the other kits moving to the old den and the move there
  • the lead up to Kinu becoming engaged to someone (and giving us maybe a three button choice of wholehearted support or grumbling acceptance of the inevitable or throwing an ultimately ineffective tantrum)
  • more of an "unlocking" or lead up to Kinu telling us about what happened with the attacks

would probably make everything jive a bit better. Could be done by the champion receiving a letter from Kiyoko to check by the old den if a certain time passes after it unlocks and you don't go there by yourself in that time.

It also feels like the random scenes we stumble over in both dens that give more background to what is happening there are... well, too random and seem out of order. While those are appreciated, at least I don't mind them, getting them more sorted or giving them better trigger conditions might help?

Like, between Kiyoko & Co moving to the old den and the engagement discussion event there could be 2 or three of those of Kinu adjusting to being outside, meeting her future fiance and her thoughts about that etc.

Again, I don't know if I actually just missed those, so disregard me if that's the case.

But yeah, thinking about it, in general I'd like to see some form of message given to the Champion, maybe via letter pidgeon (or letter harpy, idk) that informs us about things happening in general to point the player in certain directions if they don't go somewhere when something unlocks for a good while. The letter we get when Elthara is in the wayfort is a good example that's already implemented. Or, for example, for Festivus, we get a letter of invitation instead of stumbling over it. Could be made into an early unlockable or just a menu option for those that prefer the more "I'll find it myself" approach.
Pretty much because after free of orb the MC is forgotten and everything is kitsune on fast forward without much of explaining a lot of things need to be explained. MC pretty much has no reason be there beside give her more children.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019

Kiyoko hates Hitoshi, and Inari Kinu chooses to marry him, so I'm fairly certain that the marriage wasn't arranged by Kiyoko. I get that the pace of it happening might seem like it's arranged. I think that there should definitely be a span of time (like, at least a week) before the marriage discussions become available, and it's weird that that wasn't implemented. But there's no sign of this being an arranged marriage against Kinu's will.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Kiyoko hates Hitoshi, and Inari Kinu chooses to marry him, so I'm fairly certain that the marriage wasn't arranged by Kiyoko. I get that the pace of it happening might seem like it's arranged. I think that there should definitely be a span of time (like, at least a week) before the marriage discussions become available, and it's weird that that wasn't implemented. But there's no sign of this being an arranged marriage against Kinu's will.
When hime talks to you about it, she says it was at first her mothers idea and that her mother used her title to get the mother in law to agree to it and that it was heavily showed that your wife was one forcing it in the start. Her mother was doing it because of duty and Politics so hard to see her having marriage level feelings in the very short time she was free. She didn’t even think it was good idea to tell you about the marriage till after her your wife used her title and name to move it long faster.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Because you deeply fall in love first day and with first guy you meet?
Champ has relationships that go from 0 to 60 just as quickly.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Kinu isn't into her fiance. She's getting married because she wants to. Her fiance is who he is because she is who she is; the choice is solely dependent on what kind of person Champ influences her to become.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Champ has relationships that go from 0 to 60 just as quickly.

There's no evidence whatsoever that Kinu isn't into her fiance. She's getting married because she wants to. Her fiance is who he is because she is who she is; the choice is solely dependent on what kind of person Champ influences her to become.
And again no becaue it even stated by her mother it was Arranged for hime one. If she has love for him after that’s one thing but start of the marriage idea was arranged before she had any feelings. How many dads do you know have just simply nodded their head at such idea? Or never showed their dislike. It started as a political move which is why your wife state you have no say in it.

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
How many dads do you know have just simply nodded their head at such idea? Or never showed their dislike. It started as a political move which is why your wife state you have no say in it.

All the dads that married off their daughter(s) exactly for that reason?

I mean, I very much agree that the whole thing could use a little more fleshing out, but the statement of "no dad would ever" is just patently wrong.

Also, as the most basic argument there is: It's the writer's choice how things turn out, and no game ever can ever give full freedom of choice, only ever limited choice in the confinements of the writers artistic vision. You can offer opinions and possible alternatives, but in the end it is the writer's work and their decision to act on these or not. And no amount of "But I don't agree with this" changes that.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
All the dads that married off their daughter(s) exactly for that reason?

I mean, I very much agree that the whole thing could use a little more fleshing out, but the statement of "no dad would ever" is just patently wrong.

Also, as the most basic argument there is: It's the writer's choice how things turn out, and no game ever can ever give full freedom of choice, only ever limited choice in the confinements of the writers artistic vision. You can offer opinions and possible alternatives, but in the end it is the writer's work and their decision to act on these or not. And no amount of "But I don't agree with this" changes that.
Problems with that is the more you go down kitsune storyline the less choices to the point it is liner game without any say of the MC. It has a lot of ironing out and doesn’t seem even going be Which is odd. For game that is being Advertise as free choice? No choice midway and later into the kitsune den.

So yea, there is much needed for ironing things out and fixing the speed jumps in the story and make the pacing more better and as for father part? That would be the case if you were on board with marrying her off.

this case you are one left out of any Decisions and pretty much there as eye candy.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Sometimes I wonder if people complaining about the content actually fucking read it. Because Jesus Christ why do people immediately assume your fox family hates you because you can't control their every action. It's fucking dumb.

All of you arguing of whether or not we should be fine with Kinu's marriage.

I just want the option to tell Kiyoko that any feelings the champ had for her just are not there anymore after seeing how much she estranged Kinu and how dismissive she is of floof daughter now.

It's the hard truth, but better it then to live a loveless lie. My character has enough constant sources of misery in their life.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023

I just want the option to tell Kiyoko that any feelings the champ had for her just are not there anymore after seeing how much she estranged Kinu and how dismissive she is of floof daughter now.

It's the hard truth, but better it then to live a loveless lie. My character has enough constant sources of misery in their life.
Yea I honestly would like that option too. Maybe it can help her snap back to her old self before doing all that to her.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
So you guys have inari Kinu, which was your choice. So now your mad about your own choices.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
So you guys have inari Kinu, which was your choice. So now your mad about your own choices.
It’s called being mad that person who cared and love both you and your daughter did a 360 flip after being free from the orb. It is called Realistic Writing for two characters to just have flipped that much and without showing why other than you weren’t there for ten years.

and Hime route which I did has her trying to make so many political calls with her daughters life and drilled/brainwashed her daughter into duty before everything.

Mad is a strong word. In-character wise, there would be no reason for my champ to have any affection for Kiyoko after this point, when their original relationship was shaky and mostly born out of goodwill towards anyone in need rather then instant 'wow floof must tap I love'.

Over time it probably started to develop into something more, especially with the birth of Kinu adding something beautiful to the rather daunting existence that is being the only one trying to actually do anything substantial about the demon apocalypse, of which the leader has personally promised to come steal your soul.

Whilst there wouldn't be outright hatred due to Kiyoko's own situation, culture and likely stunted emotional intelligence, there certainly would not be any love anymore.

The hate is reserved for their soiled codpiece of a deity that caused this situation to begin with, of whom my champion for some reason has little negative to actually say, despite the fact that him and the rest of the seven are varying shades of blatant arses.

I mean fuck it, I'm going to probably get my soul stolen by the demon you people are too lazy to beat up yourselves, I'm at least going to flip one of you off once before I get mind killed into some shitty living sex toy. Your curses will be of much emotional detriment to the barely sentient meat they leave behind.

Reactions: Arai and Emerald

Stzk619

Nov 18, 2022
It’s called being mad that person who cared and love both you and your daughter did a 360 flip after being free from the orb. It is called Realistic Writing for two characters to just have flipped that much and without showing why other than you weren’t there for ten years.
Personally, from what I’ve seen of Kiyoko’s content, she hardly experiences a “flip.” If anything, what personality changes she does show can plausibly be chalked up to the result of raising several children. She definitely still feels like the same character, at least to me.
and Hime route which I did has her trying to make so many political calls with her daughters life and drilled/brainwashed her daughter into duty before everything.
Well, as for that, I think it’s written on the wall that Kiyoko herself is not the best mother. Which, in my opinion, is perfectly excusable, given her circumstances. If I may be blunt, it’s all but miraculous she’s even remotely sane after centuries in solitude. That said, her flaws are just that: flaws. There’s nothing to say that either her or Kinu have suddenly started to despise the player, nor have they experienced a complete upheaval of ego.
Personally, I think you’re just seeing eyes in the shadows, as it were.

Reactions: Kitsu

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Personally, from what I’ve seen of Kiyoko’s content, she hardly experiences a “flip.” If anything, what personality changes she does show can plausibly be chalked up to the result of raising several children. She definitely still feels like the same character, at least to me.

Well, as for that, I think it’s written on the wall that Kiyoko herself is not the best mother. Which, in my opinion, is perfectly excusable, given her circumstances. If I may be blunt, it’s all but miraculous she’s even remotely sane after centuries in solitude. That said, her flaws are just that: flaws. There’s nothing to say that either her or Kinu have suddenly started to despise the player, nor have they experienced a complete upheaval of ego.
Personally, I think you’re just seeing eyes in the shadows, as it were.
True that maybe so but still should given choices to speak your mind and not be so useless and have no voice if your own feelings like how rest of game gives you choices and allowed to speak up.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020

Actually, yes i want this option. Or just straight up break it off with Kiyoko, and go separate ways instead just be in borderline toxic relationship.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
Actually, yes i want this option. Or just straight up break it off with Kiyoko, and go separate ways instead just be in borderline toxic relationship.
I like you man/girl

yes it really seems be one sided at this point in the story and it’s a shame. Because it started out so great too which what hooked me onto this game.

Stzk619

Nov 18, 2022
True that maybe so but still should given choices to speak your mind and not be so useless and have no voice if your own feelings like how rest of game gives you choices and allowed to speak up.
While that would be nice, I imagine any steps taken to register an impactful difference as a result of the player’s actions would result in an absurdly increased workload. Kiyoko and Kinu are evidently enormous works of effort as is, and I feel as though complicating their web of parsers further is a monumental exercise in foolishness.
Besides, from the ground up, they’re without a doubt the most meaningful familial interactions in the game, so I find myself content with that.

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
I mean, the why is explained through the scenes when you take over child Kinu inside the orb, your decisions influence whether your daughter becomes obedient or rebellious. Personally, I haven't played the Hime route yet, so I can only speak for Inari, but in the interactions with Kiyoko afterwards, she very much still loves the Champion and even though she begrudges her daughter's choices and would rather things went differently, there's still a measure of appreciation and sometimes even pride there, even if it is hidden behind vague concessions. Same for Kinu: She still loves her dad very much, but she's resolved to be her own woman, so she distances herself, in the very awkward and clumsy way that teenagers tend to do.

If anything, then these two need time to first get their bearings in a completely "new" world where they don't have to contend with only each other and x younger siblings but with other people, whole socities full of their own problems and expectations, and an active crisis one if not both of the parents need to keep their attention on. Kiyoko has to readjust from not being alone anymore and having to update her values and outlook to current day circumstances, Kinu needs to find her place in a world where having it her own way and refusing to give in has more far reaching consequences than "Mom will be angry" (well, in Inari Kinu's case at least)

If anything, the whole storyline is still ongoing. At least I hope so.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
While that would be nice, I imagine any steps taken to register an impactful difference as a result of the player’s actions would result in an absurdly increased workload. Kiyoko and Kinu are evidently enormous works of effort as is, and I feel as though complicating their web of parsers further is a monumental exercise in foolishness.
Besides, from the ground up, they’re without a doubt the most meaningful familial interactions in the game, so I find myself content with that.
To be honest yes it is a lot of work load but it’s a job. I know because I have done fanfic for over 14 years and while working one or two jobs at same time. If it worth the Effort to make story better than it is worth the time to do it.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
I've said before I'm not a huge fan of Kinu.. the only one I tolerate is the one that's into farming. At least with that fella i dont hate him compared to other one. I'd rather Kinu hated Kiyoko over champ and farmer-ish Kinu to me doesnt hate her sire.

Dragoonofd

Jan 1, 2023
I've said before I'm not a huge fan of Kinu.. the only one I tolerate is the one that's into farming. At least with that fella i dont hate him compared to other one. I'd rather Kinu hated Kiyoko over champ and farmer-ish Kinu to me doesnt hate her sire.
Never did the farmer one and I need make new play now for that one.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Never did the farmer one and I need make new play now for that one.
Definitely get farmer-ish Kinu as she is more of her own being and not a miniature Kiyoko. Though I have stopped playing the Kitsune content with my new playthroughs, having far too much fun with Annika.

Reactions: Dragoonofd