What content would you like added?

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
I want more different kinds of equipment for aesthetic reasons. I play casters and its a bit disappointing about the lack of robes beyond the Apprentice Robes and the Witch Corset. Armored robes have to wait until korminos. Tiran vestments also count I guess. But the amount of choice is pretty lacking, imo. I mean, at least compared to the other styles of armor.

I want elemental wands of every damage type even if they arent necessarily very powerful. I think we have Crushing, Storm and Fire, currently. I feel like a wand of Magic Missile could be Penetrating(like the spell). I wouldn't mind if they were based on Spell Power to do damage(in which case base damage should be below most single target spells), but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

There are already a decent variety of spellcaster oriented off-hands, but I'd also like a spellcaster-oriented shield, again, this one is more a wish I dont really expect. I just like playing as a Tank with my Black Mage because I like unorthodox builds.

I feel like there is lack of flavor in terms of staves as well, at least for a pure caster. Quarterstaff, Mushroom Staff, Girthy Rod, and Spiraled Staff(current favorite). Other two-handed catalysts are melee/caster hybrid weapons(which is fine).

tbh, I wanna pad out the equipment list significantly across the board, but I am selfish and would prioritize the "wizard" style stuff first.
actually with the exception of the control rod i think the caster weapons go off spell power since their attacks are considered magic and not physical

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I feel like you're misunderstanding me. I mean that if the team is looking for writers to make more content, they should actively ignore writers that would be providing content that's already plentiful in the game.
Why are they having someone write another female companion when all but two companions are already female/futa? Instead of paying whoever it is writing Viviane's companion sections, actually get someone that wants to make a male companion.
To my knowledge, the people who got to make companions were selected from dedicated writers who'd done writing for TiTS and who were expected to write plenty for CoC2. However, the companions were all characters that those writers wanted to make. Agnimitra's not a companion because Savin really wanted someone to write a phoenix, Agni's a companion because B was one of the writers allowed to make a companion and he wanted to write a phoenix. Savin, as the project lead, decides what gets in and what does not, but as far as I can tell, most of the work done by other writers (both the core team members and all of the volunteers) are things that those writers wanted to write.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I feel like you're misunderstanding me. I mean that if the team is looking for writers to make more content, they should actively ignore writers that would be providing content that's already plentiful in the game.
You're right, I was assuming you wanted more of what you want to see (which is legit) as opposed to 'I want less of what other people want to see so I can have more of what I want to see' (which is amazingly selfish). Was I being too charitable to you?

I already linked you to the topic where all The Rules for writing companions were laid out. Chief among those rules was that due to the amount of work required to do what Savin wanted companions to accomplish, submissions would be limited to people who had an established track record at the time. That meant it was a select group who were up for consideration, because they didn't want people to ghost on them and leave a companion unfinished. Of that self-selecting group, three happened to decide they wanted to write a male character for their companion slot. And then one of those three ghosted, leading to the current situation and the necessity to do something about the massive dead-end of content that Berwyn represented.

Allow me to link you to two additional comments. The devs have made it clear that they are not interested in diverting their time and energy into filling some sort of diversity quota. They are aware that there are people clamoring for more male characters, and they are a minority, albeit a vocal one. And a minority they aren't interested in catering to at the expense of the vast majority of the player base who, yes, want to fuck and be fucked by female characters. This also extends to what the majority of the player base wants to play as, and yes they do have metrics for this too. They will write more male characters when they want to and they will accept community submissions when people write them (and they meet all the necessary criteria) but they aren't going to actively churn out male characters at the expense of writing stuff they really want to do or accept low-quality submissions in the name of some abstract ratio. That way lies a lot of generic sucky blob characters.
Why are they having someone write another female companion when all but two companions are already female/futa? Instead of paying whoever it is writing Viviane's companion sections, actually get someone that wants to make a male companion.
Because nobody else they trust to write a companion wanted to write a male character, it's really that simple. There were two remaining writers with companion slots who were working to finish theirs just before the deadline (three if you count B who submitted Agni comfortably in advance). Both wrote females, but only one was submitted before the cutoff.

Also, that 'whoever' who's writing Companion Viv? Is the same person who is working on sex scenes for his non-companion male character Vitruvius.

Last edited:
Reactions: orange64 and Alypia

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
There are already a decent variety of spellcaster oriented off-hands, but I'd also like a spellcaster-oriented shield, again, this one is more a wish I dont really expect. I just like playing as a Tank with my Black Mage because I like unorthodox builds.
The Shield Orb, which you can get from the Tiran Temple's Gray Jelly if you beat her in four turns. It is mutually exclusive with the Tiran Paladin Chestplate, but it is what you're looking for: It is a shield, which also gives spellpower and spell penetration.
actually with the exception of the control rod i think the caster weapons go off spell power since their attacks are considered magic and not physical
No. Despite their damage type, they are ranged weapons, and as such, scale off of attack power and not spell power.

Radriel

Jul 28, 2022
Oh, thats pretty nice. Might go for a character focused on magical ranged attacks then. Guess I'm testing which of leorah's skills work best here.

Radriel

Jul 28, 2022
The Shield Orb, which you can get from the Tiran Temple's Gray Jelly if you beat her in four turns. It is mutually exclusive with the Tiran Paladin Chestplate, but it is what you're looking for: It is a shield, which also gives spellpower and spell penetration.

No. Despite their damage type, they are ranged weapons, and as such, scale off of attack power and not spell power.
Didnt find the Shield Orb before, so this makes me happy. But now I am sad again about wands. Such is life.

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Wands/other spell weapons should probably scale in some way with spell power, what's the reasoning behind them not doing that? kinda feel like I need to keep an at will spell on my mage just to not have a few innefective rounds.

Last edited:

FenAV

Jul 28, 2022
You're right, I was assuming you wanted more of what you want to see (which is legit) as opposed to 'I want less of what other people want to see so I can have more of what I want to see' (which is amazingly selfish). Was I being too charitable to you?

Also, that 'whoever' who's writing Companion Viv? Is the same person who is working on sex scenes for his non-companion male character Vitruvius.
To your first point. I don't want anyone to have any content they like removed from the game. I just want content that's lacking to get shored up before more content that already exists to continue to be catered towards. By your logic, you're being just as selfish as I am by wanting content I want to see be excluded.

As to the second part, I'm not as interested in a non-companion male NPC you can have sex with, especially if it's another generically muscular hunk that might bottom for the player character. Which, judging by Vitruvius' description, that's exactly what he's going to be.

FenAV

Jul 28, 2022
To my knowledge, the people who got to make companions were selected from dedicated writers who'd done writing for TiTS and who were expected to write plenty for CoC2. However, the companions were all characters that those writers wanted to make. Agnimitra's not a companion because Savin really wanted someone to write a phoenix, Agni's a companion because B was one of the writers allowed to make a companion and he wanted to write a phoenix. Savin, as the project lead, decides what gets in and what does not, but as far as I can tell, most of the work done by other writers (both the core team members and all of the volunteers) are things that those writers wanted to write.
That'd be great and all if this game was exclusively free. I could never expect people working on a free game to force themselves to make something they don't want to. However, this game isn't exclusively free. I'm not saying that I should be part of the decision making process because I, now regretting, spent $10 on this game. I just didn't expect the specific kind of content I like to get actively removed or changed into something I don't like with no replacement.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To your first point. I don't want anyone to have any content they like removed from the game. I just want content that's lacking to get shored up before more content that already exists to continue to be catered towards.
I didn't say you said that, but you did say you think the writers should, and I quote, 'actively ignore' submissions that don't cater to what you want, until you feel that some abstract ratio of 'more males' has been met. Which is pretty damned selfish, since you're demanding that the developers turn down submission-worthy content that authors have put effort and passion into because it's not what you want to see. As I pointed out (with links!) the devs have made it clear that they are not interested in catering towards a minority demographic at the expense of either 1) the majority of the fanbase who want something else or 2) what they personally want to work on.
By your logic, you're being just as selfish as I am by wanting content I want to see be excluded.
Where did I say that?
As to the second part, I'm not as interested in a non-companion male NPC you can have sex with, especially if it's another generically muscular hunk that might bottom for the player character. Which, judging by Vitruvius' description, that's exactly what he's going to be.
And this is why I made a point of mentioning that community submissions are open. If you don't just want male characters but a particular type of male character, the best way to see that something like that gets in the game is to write it yourself.

Last edited:

FenAV

Jul 28, 2022
Where did I say that?
You didn't word for word say it, but calling me selfish is implying it, regardless of your intention not to.
And this is why I made a point of mentioning that community submissions are open. If you don't just want male characters but a particular type of male character, the best way to see that something like that gets in the game is to write it yourself.
If I'm going to sit down and write a character just for my own interests as a "minority, albeit a vocal one," why would it ever be approved as a submission? One of the comments you directly linked to me straight up says that "not adding a male companion probably wouldn't have affected the game, other than spawning memes about it."

One of the characters that already appealed to my interests got removed as a companion and rewritten to allow you to change him into a girl if you want. Where's the compensation for that? Can I turn Cait into a femboy? Maybe Brint? I wouldn't even care if it was a companion at this point. Let a high corruption PC feminize Vaush after fucking him too many times, or maybe allow the former orc chieftan to become your slave, a la the cat harem, and let you transform him into a trap.

Last edited:

YissnakkJr

Oct 30, 2020
Is Brint still getting more content or is Brienne the sole focus when it comes to that atm?

Haven't played in a while and have only really been skimming the forums, so forgive my ignorance, but from what I've read it almost seems like Brint is getting sidelined at times in favor of giving his genderbent counterpart more content instead and was wondering how true this assertion was.
If he is getting sidelined, then I guess that's some more content i'd like to see. More stuff involving the Brint side of the coin.

Reactions: valkyr42

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Is Brint still getting more content or is Brienne the sole focus when it comes to that atm?

Haven't played in a while and have only really been skimming the forums, so forgive my ignorance, but from what I've read it almost seems like Brint is getting sidelined at times in favor of giving his genderbent counterpart more content instead and was wondering how true this assertion was.
If he is getting sidelined, then I guess that's some more content i'd like to see. More stuff involving the Brint side of the coin.
Brienne currently get's involved when you flirt/sleep with with her family and it's a quest that's tracked...however Brint also has scenes with his family where he subtlety makes himself scarce as you flirt/sleep with them except this time it's not a quest that's tracked I don't think.

He also shows up wherever Brienne would from what I've seen...so I don't know what the claims are about really.

I recently did two characters keeping Brint and it was great. Kudo's to his/her writer.

YissnakkJr

Oct 30, 2020
Brienne currently get's involved when you flirt/sleep with with her family and it's a quest that's tracked...however Brint also has scenes with his family where he subtlety makes himself scarce as you flirt/sleep with them except this time it's not a quest that's tracked I don't think.

He also shows up wherever Brienne would from what I've seen...so I don't know what the claims are about really.

I recently did two characters keeping Brint and it was great. Kudo's to his/her writer.
Yeah Figured there was something off about that.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
The devs have made it clear that they are not interested in diverting their time and energy into filling some sort of diversity quota.
Thank you Jesus for small miracles. (Hey, having a consistent opinion even if it concerns a topic I care about! That was one of my new year's resolutions!)

Stop stop, he's already dead!

To adress the topic of the original post:

1) Are there any plans to enable a sleep-with option at the Wayford for companions?

I mean the Frosthound is fine and all but... I have this really nice technically-a-castle I own as a baron and I don't actually use it much :confused:...

2) Any chance we could get something like a bar tab at the Frosthound? One of the reasons why I don't use the drink buffs is because I have to click my way through the menue each time... Maybe a small quality-of-life improvement that automatically orders you the usual when you enter? I freely admit that I have no idea how complex this would be to code...

Last edited:
Reactions: Acharehnus

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
I'm pretty sure Brint will keep getting content alongside Brienne but it will just depend on what's implemented on a patch by patch basis.

Brienne technically got more content most recently as she lets you access Domme!Rina but I think both Brint and Brienne are just waiting on more KM content/progression. I've not really noticed a focus on one over the other personally and Brint's got little cameos in scenes with the KM guards.

Speaking of Brint/Brienne, the hardest decision I've had to make in the game was between Brint and access to Domme!Rina. I love all of Brint's scenes but Rina <3

Reactions: luciel1331

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
Brienne technically got more content most recently as she lets you access Domme!Rina
Oh I see, from the wiki: "If you have Brienne, do not have a penis, accepted Family Matters, and have a sexual relationship with Rina, there is a point during the first date with the sisters where Rina starts to assert herself. You can encourage her dominant streak here, or keep her under you."

One of the incredibly rare moments where equipping all my characters for everything possible actually excludes them, I'd never have known this existed.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
One of the incredibly rare moments where equipping all my characters for everything possible actually excludes them, I'd never have known this existed.
I mainly play "pure" female PCs so it was cool to see the extra content but I only knew about it from Wsan mentioning it on his thread a while before it was implemented.

It's really good if you're into that kind of content!

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
That'd be great and all if this game was exclusively free. I could never expect people working on a free game to force themselves to make something they don't want to. However, this game isn't exclusively free. I'm not saying that I should be part of the decision making process because I, now regretting, spent $10 on this game. I just didn't expect the specific kind of content I like to get actively removed or changed into something I don't like with no replacement.
I totally understand not wanting stuff you like to get removed. I didn't really like most of Berwyn's content, but I dislike the fact that it got removed too. He had niche appeal, and removing that feels pretty shit. It sucks that it's gone, but you shouldn't demanding that the people working on the game not accept content which doesn't cater to you (but does cater to their primary demographic) and only focus on what you want. If you want to spend money for content that appeals to you, commission one of the authors. It'd probably cost a lot more than $10, but you'd be guaranteed to get an author to write what you want for a character, if they accept your commission. Also, do note, only some of the authors are open to commissions. I don't really know who's open to commissions, the only one I do know is open is BubbleLord, who's the one who wrote Sugo, Ninian, Prince Nyze, and Quintillus, among others. You probably won't be getting anyone willing to tf their companion for you though.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
I'm getting mixed signals here. You either try to be humble or pull the money joker. Make up your mind.

And no, even though the game isn't exclusively free in your eyes, doesn't mean that there has to be content in it that caters to you. Spending money on something that isn't even nearly finished and is therefore prone to change at some point was your decision.
Those 10 bucks you've spent that you now see as wasted are all on you.

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016

Brint is still getting content. In fact, wsan's recently been working on and off on something that a lot of Brint fans should really enjoy!
Brienne and Brint are both getting content, much to my delight as I CRAVE Brint's wedding I have not married anyone else in hopes I get to marry either Brint or Ryn first

Tho, according to cg, Brienne's may be done sooner
Moira definitely does not work on things according to strict priority of when content is written or about to be implemented. Within certain constraints, she works on things more according to artistic inspiration than a first-in first-out queue. I wouldn't use CG/bust completion as a guide for whether something's fully written or not.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
Brint is still getting content. In fact, wsan's recently been working on and off on something that a lot of Brint fans should really enjoy!

Moira definitely does not work on things according to strict priority of when content is written or about to be implemented. Within certain constraints, she works on things more according to artistic inspiration than a first-in first-out queue. I wouldn't use CG/bust completion as a guide for whether something's fully written or not.
oh amazing! I will eagerly await for my moo content

Ireyon

May 14, 2018

Whatever helps Moira's workflow.

Honestly I do enjoy the art in this game a whole bunch. And replaying a bit of CoC recently really helped me realize just how far Fen and Savin have come from a game design standpoint. Not having an in game map now gives me anxiety.

Kyubi Xiaolong

Jul 17, 2022
was gywn made unmarriageable because gender requirements because if not would love her as a wife ingame

yes i have a large loving family kink and a breeding kink.... love being bred....gywn hits both

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
Gwyn is not up for marriage because she has a massive daddy issue of a very specific kind.