What content would you like added?

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Geez, yeah. Most of the Rift fights aren't too tough, but like, against the demonic cultists, I pretty much always just flee rather than fight.
Double Temptress fights are probably the worst of the random Rift Cultists encounters.
Because resolve damage is broken in this game. It is war of for who can get the fastest one shot on the enemy. Especially on darkest difficulty.

Reactions: Drazzin

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Double Temptress fights are probably the worst of the random Rift Cultists encounters.

The psions are the worst to me. The damage output all enemies have in the rift is high but I keep getting messed up by tease damage. the only reason I have trouble with that mob fight is all the tease damage and passive pheromone stuff. I've even save edited once to essentially boost my level by 2 and resist tease damage and I still get messed up.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I get through the Rift with Trail Rations to minimise wear-and-tear and save scumming to undo the fights with unfavourable outcomes. I usually beat the cultists alright, but the jotuns will often smack my character into the ground in one or two hits before even starting on my companions. Also, playing on Normal. That helps a lot as well.

Reactions: Kesil

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Speaking of weapons, I want a miniature cannonball canon. Something like this ( Game:Sly 3).
Stone_Jake.png
Since as we know, cannons do not discriminate, they onlt penetrate.

HeyJune

Feb 22, 2021
Geez, yeah. Most of the Rift fights aren't too tough, but like, against the demonic cultists, I pretty much always just flee rather than fight.

I play a damage dealing Black Mage and she had no issues when it comes to the cultists, but the Wraith Chimera is always a close fight and I don't know if I've ever won against the Jotuns. The other ones haven't caused me any issues.

Though I think that's more a product of the level cap than it being unoptimized. It's nice to be challenged again after being able to just steamroll most of your opposition otherwise.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I play a damage dealing Black Mage and she had no issues when it comes to the cultists, but the Wraith Chimera is always a close fight and I don't know if I've ever won against the Jotuns.
It's interesting to hear how other builds are doing. My main build is a thief with a focus on ranged attacks and crits, and they're incredibly strong against single targets (that is to say, she one-shots the Wraith Chimera, most of the time. If I'm unlucky, the companions do cleanup), but the cultists are a consistent struggle.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Ah, I now want a transformative that makes your lip color something aside from Black or Dark Green. Since, as far as I can tell, all of the transformatives that affect lips either don't change their color or can only change it to black or dark green.

Reactions: drossbots

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
Ah, I now want a transformative that makes your lip color something aside from Black or Dark Green. Since, as far as I can tell, all of the transformatives that affect lips either don't change their color or can only change it to black or dark green.

What effects are there for lips aside from color?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Where's my golly gosh darn punch weapons at? Garrett shouldn't be the only one allowed to punch ghosts. there's a banshee and an obnoxious ghost harem in the winter city communal basement that needs a good, non-sexual fisting. I just really like unarmed type weapons and there could be bladed ones that deal penetrating damage and studded ones for crushing.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
Where's my golly gosh darn punch weapons at? Garrett shouldn't be the only one allowed to punch ghosts. there's a banshee and an obnoxious ghost harem in the winter city communal basement that needs a good, non-sexual fisting. I just really like unarmed type weapons and there could be bladed ones that deal penetrating damage and studded ones for crushing.
I feel like this was denied at some point. Don't remember why tho, think I was a lurker back then.

IrrepairableEntropy

Jun 22, 2019
I think it would be kinda neat if there were some options to influence Eryka a bit, either through transformatives, corruption, or dialogue.

I'd also personally really like it if she became a companion, seeing as it seems like she's on the title screen of the game with Kas, but at the same time I can understand this not being a thing due to the amount of companions currently available and planning and so on.

If I had ultimate control on her status I'd potentially have her set up in a similar system as Azzy: You've got her normal form that's a white mage/warrior hybrid focused on being a healing tank for the party, and then you give her a corrupt charm of some kind (Maybe the Waystone Charm that Kas gives you initially, if you were buddy-buddy enough with Kas to have her infuse more energy into it?) and partially transform her into a demon in order for her to switch gears into a full offense party member by building on the corruption that Kas already touched her with?

Though this also has some issues with being pretty similar to Arona's combat builds. Hm. I'm sure something could be done, but this whole thing is a flight of fancy built upon the extremely slim chance that she becomes a companion, which I doubt is going to happen, so eh.

EDIT: I stand corrected Eryka being on the title screen.

Last edited:

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I feel like this was denied at some point. Don't remember why tho, think I was a lurker back then.

Probably because it'd be hard to disarm someone when they're wearing their weapon. Or some similar potential balancing issue. At least I can hold out hope for them or for twin magical swords. I wish to become magical girl Deadpool.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
Probably because it'd be hard to disarm someone when they're wearing their weapon. Or some similar potential balancing issue. At least I can hold out hope for them or for twin magical swords. I wish to become magical girl Deadpool.

Meh, I feel like it wouldn't be too much of a jump. It's easy to imagine someone kicking you and yanking off the glove, or cutting the straps or whatever. Plus I'm fairly certain Pyro! Brienne can be disarmed, and her weapon is magical flames.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Meh, I feel like it wouldn't be too much of a jump. It's easy to imagine someone kicking you and yanking off the glove, or cutting the straps or whatever. Plus I'm fairly certain Pyro! Brienne can be disarmed, and her weapon is magical flames.

They're not actual flames, she's just holding painted rocks that she throws at people while shouting "FIREBALL". I agree it wouldn't be too much of a leap in logic but I can't claim to know the development process for items or how that'd work so there could be something that makes the devs say no that I may never know about. I'll still wish for it. I love punching stuff in games. Plus I'd love to see potential silly mode descriptions.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
It's interesting to hear how other builds are doing. My main build is a thief with a focus on ranged attacks and crits, and they're incredibly strong against single targets (that is to say, she one-shots the Wraith Chimera, most of the time. If I'm unlucky, the companions do cleanup), but the cultists are a consistent struggle.
The addition of Level 6 made my Warrior (who is using a deliberately lopsided build for roleplaying reasons) go from praying to RNGesus in the Rift fights to being able to handle them fairly consistently, since she has horrible Agility and Toughness both and relies on her equipment and boozing with Garth to make it up. That extra point going towards Agility helped a ton.

Meanwhile my Black Mage ran around the Rift for a couple in-game days cackling with glee as she learned a bunch of new abilities with Mirror Stance while Brint soaked up the damage for her and Bimbazzy did what she does best. Good times. :D

I'd also personally really like it if she became a companion
Eryka has already gotten a 'no' via Tobs.

From the sound of it, Ryn will eventually get a gear set that's sorta going to be paladin-ish (via being something like a non-Valkyrie shieldmaiden) but the topic where Savin mentioned the idea seems to have vanished from the forum. Also, Arona has a planned gear set (soon) that will also be paladin-y at least in its abilities. So no Eryka but maybe those will help scratch the itch at least from a gameplay perspective.

Reactions: Paradox01

IrrepairableEntropy

Jun 22, 2019
Eryka has already gotten a 'no' via Tobs.

From the sound of it, Ryn will eventually get a gear set that's sorta going to be paladin-ish (via being something like a non-Valkyrie shieldmaiden) but the topic where Savin mentioned the idea seems to have vanished from the forum. Also, Arona has a planned gear set (soon) that will also be paladin-y at least in its abilities. So no Eryka but maybe those will help scratch the itch at least from a gameplay perspective.

I have to admit, it kinda doesn't scratch the itch in the way I wanted it to be scratched. But I know that's also just me being a choosy bastard so eh. It wasn't so much that I wanted a paladin like party member (I could just make one of my own character by blending WM and Warrior) but I just kinda wanted to take Eryka along for things.

And, TBH, never really been fond of Ryn or Arona for most things. I mainly take Cait and Brint/Brienne along until I can pick up Azzy/Kyoko, and then switch to them for the rest of the game. I just like having them around more than the others. Only reason I level up the other party members beyond that is for the sake of completion.

So, itch really not scratched, but it's not an itch that's going to be scratched according to Tobs, which I'm gonna just have to accept.

Thanks for the link.

drossbots

Sep 29, 2020
They're not actual flames, she's just holding painted rocks that she throws at people while shouting "FIREBALL". I agree it wouldn't be too much of a leap in logic but I can't claim to know the development process for items or how that'd work so there could be something that makes the devs say no that I may never know about. I'll still wish for it. I love punching stuff in games. Plus I'd love to see potential silly mode descriptions.

I'm just imagining Brienne throwing rocks so hard that they spontaneously combust now. :D

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Are you going to reload them with your crotch or something?
Makes just as much sense as somehow being able to carry enough Javelins, Franciscas or Blight Tendrils to last you an entire fight against multiple enemies.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The devs have been extremely clear that they're willing to sacrifice various forms of realism when they wouldn't be fun. This is why you can run around in the woods for a week without sleeping once, never need to eat or drink, don't have to carry ammunition for the sling or the various bows and javelins and can, y'know, take Kasyrra or Brint's massive horsecocks without popping. If they wanted to include pistol crossbows and make them dual-wieldable, the question of reloading would just be handwaved.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
The devs have been extremely clear that they're willing to sacrifice various forms of realism when they wouldn't be fun. This is why you can run around in the woods for a week without sleeping once, never need to eat or drink, don't have to carry ammunition for the sling or the various bows and javelins and can, y'know, take Kasyrra or Brint's massive horsecocks without popping. If they wanted to include pistol crossbows and make them dual-wieldable, the question of reloading would just be handwaved.
I know. I just posted my original comment as jokey question that I thought no one would reply to. Especially seriously. We already have infinite ammunition for other range weapons, kunais and all other skills. I know that a game filled with demons, magic and Quint is allowed to stray from realism just a little bit.