What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Reactions: Crablord

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
Id sell my soul for ship combat or whatever ship content we will get later down the line to come sooner rather then later.
Because its a major piece of fantasy when we are in space. And also i want to have a use for my harem and also Hand So.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Id sell my soul for ship combat or whatever ship content we will get later down the line to come sooner rather then later.
Because its a major piece of fantasy when we are in space. And also i want to have a use for my harem and also Hand So.
th.jpg
From what I've gathered, it would've been implemented already if people didn't have real life problems to deal with. Sad, but it happens, you can't get upset at someone for being sick or whatever.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
And to clarify, there is just one person coding the ship content. So, patience.

Reactions: Ecchi Bunny

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
Feels like i need to make this clear.
Im impatient but not to the point of being rude to people that make content, i get that people get sick i get its being worked on, im not mad or upset its delayed because of real life reasons. I would not be upset if it was delayed because of any reason.
Im just stating a frustrating wish to see it sooner rather than later. Its just having 1 person on it is not a good thing, for the person not the project and not having this in hampers stuff like more scenes inside the ship. But anyway...
If anybody feels like im attacking the devs with my comment, i apologize.
Now with that out of the way keep on the thread with better gripes/criticism than mine.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Feels like i need to make this clear.
Im impatient but not to the point of being rude to people that make content, i get that people get sick i get its being worked on, im not mad or upset its delayed because of real life reasons. I would not be upset if it was delayed because of any reason.
Im just stating a frustrating wish to see it sooner rather than later. Its just having 1 person on it is not a good thing, for the person not the project and not having this in hampers stuff like more scenes inside the ship. But anyway...
If anybody feels like im attacking the devs with my comment, i apologize.
Now with that out of the way keep on the thread with better gripes/criticism than mine.
I understand, but a lot of people have been less nice about it. Didn't mean to target you or anything.

Reactions: ShySquare and Evil

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
I'm sorry to hear that. There is no excuse to be mean to dev's about something being delayed in the development pipeline.

Damn they let you off easy tbh, I express my doubts saying that there won't be any content and I get called a dumbass for saying it may not come.

And personally I still think it won't with how nobody is choosing to step up and aid the one person doing all this backbreaking labor of doing ship content, like one person can't be thrown to the other one guy to give him a hand or take up if something were to happen? What am I paying fen for if he's not gonna utilize his team and divert resources to other places?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Damn they let you off easy tbh, I express my doubts saying that there won't be any content and I get called a dumbass for saying it may not come.

And personally I still think it won't with how nobody is choosing to step up and aid the one person doing all this backbreaking labor of doing ship content, like one person can't be thrown to the other one guy to give him a hand or take up if something were to happen? What am I paying fen for if he's not gonna utilize his team and divert resources to other places?
For the love of god, stop speaking on subjects you're obviously woefully ignorant of.

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
My only real gripe is unfinished content. It's frustrating as hell when you encounter a quest/mission/item/area of interest and it tells you to come back later because it's unfinished.
It makes TiTS a bit like a free car that has a few hidden missing components, like the oil for instance... you enjoy the hell out of it, but eventually, you're gonna be stopped.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
For love of God, if you have a problem with me there is an ignore button, got a problem with my post ignore me, the button is there for a reason.
I refuse to ignore the fact that you regularly go around spouting absolute nonsense that verges on outright lying because you're too lazy to look into anything in the slightest bit. You pulled the exact same shit in multiple threads about incest and patreon. Either look into the situation for insight or leave it to the people who know what is going on.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
I refuse to ignore the fact that you regularly go around spouting absolute nonsense that verges on outright lying because you're too lazy to look into anything in the slightest bit. You pulled the exact same shit in multiple threads about incest and patreon. Either look into the situation for insight or leave it to the people who know what is going on.

Well if it makes you so mad then I think you'll just keep being mad when I make a post.

And like I mentioned in the incest threat it seemed strange to me that the dragon was taken out but other shit was just simply reworded, I called the shit about patreon B.S because there are several websites that fen could use instead of catering to patreon, oh wait my bad that ccs would let you put your money to where Fen wouldn't need to worry about. But people step up knight for fen and do without question. I'd tell you to think and question the actions of fen and the others he works with but I don't believe you could see past your anger towards me and even do it because you'll end up saying the same exact thing the others do to the point where it's npc like.

" You don't know anything reeee."

Do you know anything past the stuff they tell you?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Well if it makes you so mad then I think you'll just keep being mad when I make a post.

And like I mentioned in the incest threat it seemed strange to me that the dragon was taken out but other shit was just simply reworded, I called the shit about patreon B.S because there are several websites that fen could use instead of catering to patreon, oh wait my bad that ccs would let you put your money to where Fen wouldn't need to worry about. But people step up knight for fen and do without question. I'd tell you to think and question the actions of fen and the others he works with but I don't believe you could see past your anger towards me and even do it because you'll end up saying the same exact thing the others do to the point where it's npc like.

" You don't know anything reeee."

Do you know anything past the stuff they tell you?
Keep doing you then. I'm not doing anybody any good talking to a brick wall.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Having to click through all the Codex entries for every new character. That's a lot of entries, even initially. I may not know all that stuff IC (except I probably ought to know a lot of it, having reached an adult age in the setting while being groomed to take over the family business and all), but OOC I know very well what Xenogen does (useless knowledge yay), or the effects of the Treatment or Dumbfuck or SynthSheath, or what the Gabilani are like to let me access the pool area on Tarkus. Of course, one could say I don't HAVE to read them in-game, but it just bugs me to leave them in the yellow, not to mention those exceedingly rare instances where you get a little conversation snippet about whether you've read a Codex entry or not. A "Read All Entries" button would be great.

Recently, I've been having weird issues with the Codex as well. I don't know if it's due to Flash being dropped by Adobe and many browser providers, but I can't activate Codex entries anymore, so instead I have to use Minerva to copy unlocked entries over to the section for read entries if I want to use Codex-locked stuff like the Treatment. Come to think of it, that may well deserve a bug report, though maybe that's just what I get for using Linux.

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Having to click through all the Codex entries for every new character. That's a lot of entries, even initially. I may not know all that stuff IC (except I probably ought to know a lot of it, having reached an adult age in the setting while being groomed to take over the family business and all), but OOC I know very well what Xenogen does (useless knowledge yay), or the effects of the Treatment or Dumbfuck or SynthSheath, or what the Gabilani are like to let me access the pool area on Tarkus. Of course, one could say I don't HAVE to read them in-game, but it just bugs me to leave them in the yellow, not to mention those exceedingly rare instances where you get a little conversation snippet about whether you've read a Codex entry or not. A "Read All Entries" button would be great.

Recently, I've been having weird issues with the Codex as well. I don't know if it's due to Flash being dropped by Adobe and many browser providers, but I can't activate Codex entries anymore, so instead I have to use Minerva to copy unlocked entries over to the section for read entries if I want to use Codex-locked stuff like the Treatment. Come to think of it, that may well deserve a bug report, though maybe that's just what I get for using Linux.
Do you use the standalone adobe flash player/projector? If not, try it out. I've found that it resolves most issues with flash file weirdness that have popped up ever since browsers have dropped flash support.

Frogapus

Champion Cocksucker
Creator
Feb 21, 2016
I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with some of the content in the game, to the point where I'm starting to get too squicked out to play. If it's not the implied emotionally-charged rape option for Steele's cousin on Myrellion, it's the racist guard who can't actually be interacted with in any way that resolves the issue of her racism, or it's assaulting prisoners who are trapped in kind of a nightmare situation on a prison planet.

Like, I get that this stuff is avoidable, but i ran into a lot of it on my last run-through and haven't been able to bring myself to play again. Like, I get that there are sex-based loss options, but those always seem like a "darn, my plans are foiled, but yay sex!" There's usually some enthusiasm there.

But like the suggestion that your cousin cries and claws at you while you fuck him/her on a Myrellion bad end option reads more like legit rape to me than the usually playful stuff in the rest of the game.

So I dunno, yeah, that's my current gripe.

Last edited:

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Do you use the standalone adobe flash player/projector? If not, try it out. I've found that it resolves most issues with flash file weirdness that have popped up ever since browsers have dropped flash support.
Somehow missed this reply, but no, I haven't. Seems about time I try it though, thanks for the tip.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The bigger part is that the content is deterring me from playing, and, to be completely honest, killing my enthusiasm for writing more content.

Write for my game. I promise there won't be any NPC like Riya in it, or the scene you described with your cousin.

Reactions: Frogapus

Xarit

Feb 19, 2019
some stuff i've picked over time while playing:

-lack of storage in the ship -> you are basically obligued to sell some of your unique loot because there's no more space to store them up and its sad taking in account some of these were gifts from NPCs rather than stolen or looted

-interface -> i like the way you people designed the main interface but at times i feel like the buttons and keybinds make it annoying to use when moving around menus, not to mention the lack of a portrait for your main character

-game environment -> so from what i understand Flash is pending to disappear by 2020 (or at least become deprecated and non supported), this game seems to have a lot of potential and it may make me worried that it will get stuck in using a language/platform or whatever that is meant to become extinct in the future, has there been a discussion regarding porting the game to a proper engine? this may sound too basic but Unity could potentially be a good environment to make TiTS grow into a much richer game than what it is already, at least on the PC side.

Reactions: Violent_Peace
F

Franks

- There is absolutely shipboard storage, I dunno where you're getting this.

- I'm pretty sure you can upload portraits, but that might be coc2 only.

- There are several ways of downloading TiTs without flash, so again I don't know how you missed this.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Write for my game. I promise there won't be any NPC like Riya in it, or the scene you described with your cousin.

Where's the writers' guide?

- There is absolutely shipboard storage, I dunno where you're getting this.

- I'm pretty sure you can upload portraits, but that might be coc2 only.

- There are several ways of downloading TiTs without flash, so again I don't know how you missed this.

He meant more storage. Portraits are CoC2-only I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
The point is not just that I'm uncomfortable, but it's the the second part of the sentence--that the some of the content is actively deterring me from playing. (And the couple of likes on the post suggest that maybe I'm not the only one for whom these points are valid/relateable.)

And, to be completely honest, it's also killing my enthusiasm for writing content for the game.
Do the evils of the world deter you from continuing to live in it? I hope not. Their existence is not sufficient reason to quit the game we call life. Unfortunately for many people out there, there are people with weird, extreme, or questionable kinks that they cannot or will not actually indulge in IRL. They retreat to written or visual fictional media to satisfy their urges and then continue as usual like normal people. TiTS fills some of those niches as a service and the content is usually in a corner of the game somewhere where no one will experience it unless they seek it out. Insensitivity ahoy... Don't like it? Avoid or ignore it.

I will agree that sometimes it is part of a main sequence event that every player will experience and that maybe such things should be softened for the mainstream fans, but at the end of the day every word written is a piece of artistic expression. Freedom of expression is a freedom that all should have, and the only exception to said freedom is one in which the expression inherently causes physical harm to another person. Emotional or mental harm to minors is also a line drawn. I have no care for emotional or mental harm to adults from offensive or deviant expression, it is the fault of the adult for not handling it like one and shrugging it off.

I may receive flak, but I've said my piece. It is not directed at any particular person but rather a discussion of the subject matter. I hope it is not ill-received.