What are your gripes/criticism of TiTs?

SlamAzz

Dec 24, 2017
Random thing about the Willow removal: It wasn't really removed for the incest. It was removed because of the, erm, "quality" of the writing. It was railroading the PC too much into being an utter asshole dom, even if they had the kind personality. The incest joke in her content basically summed it all up, the PC going so far as to degrade her about getting abused by her dad and trying to make it sexual, since she has fetishes for degradation and roughness (something like "You LOOOOOOOOVED it when your dad beat the shit outta you with a belt, huh slut?" and so forth). And the whole thing seemed rather... Fanfic-y, if that's the word. Like the author was just writing some fantasy they'd like to do to their dream girl.

What also sucks is that she's been in the making for YEARS, and the moment we got her... It's like she was never edited. SERIOUSLY hope we get her back, albeit fixed.

Last edited:

JBornWhoS

Oct 22, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Riya. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of geopolitics most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Riya's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from /pol/ memes, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Riya truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Riya's existential catchphrase "All Ausar must hang," which itself is a cryptic reference to /pol/ memes. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Franks' genius wit unfolds itself on their screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

I was thinking about this while watching my dog piss and then I realized that Riya is a racist, sexist black woman (on the surface). Which is hilarious regardless of intent.
I usually play traps or futas so I don't usually get with Riya. I did once try out her content because I like exploring all the content (With the exception of Akane in which I didn't want to actually go through painslut stuff so I peeked at her docs).

Initial thoughts as someone who's not big on /pol/ memes (but I'm also no sjw). So my first time encountering her was as a trap. I just wrote her off as an asshole and ignored her.

Usual MO. Steele (kind or maybe a bit mischievous) encounters her and and confronts her about suspicion. Blah blah pat pat don't tase me bro. Then I ignore her until I'm a high enough level to do the quest thing. Then I follow her and often die because I'm unprepared (I often overshoot Lerris). Then I do the quest on purpose and tell whatshername to let her stay on tavros because her actions demonstrate to Steele that even if she is a bit racist she's not maximum hateful as some of her words make her out to be and she saved her squishy ausar desk commander so that's good enough. Maybe she has some kind of superiority complex or whatever I don't care. People aren't obligated to play nice so I'd rather she stay on tavros, which is canonically not a safe space, than my happy little canadia getaway. Then I continue ignoring her.

Other thoughts. Yeah so when I went on a tangent having her babies as a bitch-morph I learned more about her slightly deeper backstory including her (east) indian heritage. You mentioned geopolitics so if her heritage plays part of a joke it's going over my head. Oh well. In conclusion, I have doubts about "Frank's subtle genius wit" and maybe he's not a nice person but I don't really care (nor do I have nearly enough information to even begin to contemplate thinking about making some sort of judgement that wouldn't matter anyway).

So in my opinion, Riya isn't a problem in furry/alien space rape in spaaaaaaaaaaace the game.

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
I'm surprised to hear myself say this, but maybe we should can it with the Riya debate in this thread for a while. She upsets plenty of players for various reasons, it's valid criticism and it really could've been communicated and handled a lot better than it was; takeaway being that there should be a better venue for feedback to get back to the ones deciding on what content gets into the game and why.

For now, we should refocus on gripes with a more realistic chance of being addressed. The last thing we need is further escalation on this topic and getting a generally useful thread shut down over it -if- it escalates.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Eh no need to worry about riya, she's gonna be cut from the game in enough time.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Think I don't know she's a shit stirrer? Man all she does is start shit, I tried to say to some others who don't understand and take this game too seriously that she's just meant to be a Heel and do shit people don't like. But Tbh I kinda like Riya

F

Franks

Wait, the player used to be able to interact with Steph and that got removed? Am I reading this correctly?

The tumblr delegation started whining about her being forcibly injected with the Treatment, despite the fact that literally every female citizen of NT gets the same treatment.

F

Franks

I have doubts about "Frank's subtle genius wit"

That makes two of us.

nope, she's not going anywhere.

y'all need to read between the lines and realize Riya is just a shit-stirrer, which is what Franks was going for.

For the 50,000th time, soon to be followed by the 50,001th time; I wrote Riya because the idea came to me and I enjoyed it. I had lots of fun writing her, and I had lots of fun adding to her, and I have lots of fun making milk-pale human girls to turn into her designated cumming street, and I'll have lots of fun when her cousin is finished, which should probably be in time for your grandkids to graduate college.

F

Franks

Which has now ALSO been removed.

Now you just have to take or get kicked off the planet when you're 18.
I stand corrected, then.

You should totally still work on Steph waifu expac when you get a chance in like 4 years, tho.

Reactions: Daft Hellians

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yall buncha bonches

Edit- this is a gripe thread, so while im here im not even sure why the treatment was chosen for steph in the first place. Shes supposed to get new atuff on every planet and the treatment has some permanent effects that dont mesh well with that in my opinion. I prefered when she explored the rush planets and found new cool stuff, and the whole nt thing with her in general was ehh to me

Last edited:
F

Franks

And shit like this is why divisive conflicts and issues drag on and aren't properly resolved through forum discussion. Because people walk in and say ignorant, dismissive garbage without actually understanding the arguments. Not only was this addressed much more thoroughly pages before you showed up, but it was addressed in a manner that actually answered the question without your stupid tribalism.

I know Savin already came in and said his thing to correct you, but holy shit, dude, writers are bitching left and right about how useless and toxic this forum is, and then you come in here and shit out that masterpiece, proving everyone right. Bravo.

giphy.gif

JBornWhoS

Oct 22, 2017
You guys really take the fun out it when you respond seriously to a meme post.
That'll happen when you drag an inside joke outside and into a discussion.

Which has now ALSO been removed.

Now you just have to take or get kicked off the planet when you're 18.
This is news to me. As the opposite is integral to Reaha's present backstory. I was surprised when I read this so I pulled up the treatment codex entry to see if it was in there. I didn't see it. Now that I think about it, Reaha's backstory could be revised to reflect an optional treatment about as easily (or more so) as a step sister Kally. How long has an optional treatment been decided? Do you guys have some sort of schedule planned out for it?

As for my personal impression, it was just another drop in the bucket in the setting of an amoral galaxy. For me it was just part of the sandbox, open world feel experience. I guess I just don't get the mindset that has people getting their panties in a twist all the time about FICTION.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
It's essentially the same story as the original idea for the movie Zootopia vs. what it eventually became.

The first draft had it as a far harsher utopia/dystopia where the predator animals all had to wear shock collars. At some point the writers figured "you know, this doesn't sound like a place I'd actually want to live in". So the concept was tweaked and the film was better for it.

New Texas as a police state undermines what it's all about.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
How long has an optional treatment been decided? Do you guys have some sort of schedule planned out for it?

As for my personal impression, it was just another drop in the bucket in the setting of an amoral galaxy. For me it was just part of the sandbox, open world feel experience. I guess I just don't get the mindset that has people getting their panties in a twist all the time about FICTION.

Everything that will be done for the change over has already been done.

JBornWhoS

Oct 22, 2017
Everything that will be done for the change over has already been done.

Aha. Must have been since the last time I rescued Reaha. Or maybe I skipped over that part last time? Not sure how long it's been. I'll be sure to read it all next time. Thankies!

Reactions: Irrlicht

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
bro just dont lose in a fight

You know, if you just started playing TiTs today having no previous knowledge of the game including not playing CoC for years before hand, I reckon a lot of stuff is going to go into your Steele against your wishes. Like cocks and eggs, probably both.

Assuming a starting player has not stupidly skipped the combat tutorial it should give them a slight idea of what to expect until they run into something like the Naleen Herm and get wiped the fuck out. Yeah, the player has the option of not meeting the naleen herm in the initial dialogue but the player would have to know that first. There is nothing in the tutorial that has the player expecting a combatant that literally prevents you from attack via the counterattack mechanic and there is no tell, no observable pattern one can form a strategy from. Either you can DPS her down or you can't. No amount of heals nor shield boosters will help you in a fight if you are encountering the Naleen herm at the minimal level required for her to spawn. A fucking enemy encounter that nullifies standard attacks on a starter planet where a level 1-3 character has little to no effective special attacks. Holy shit. At that fucking level the Naleen Herm is a repeatable random encounter with a fucking mini-boss. I have more chance of beating Dane at level 3 than I do beating the Naleen Herm.

Alright so Concussive Arrows work on this fucker but it takes 4 shots to take her down at level 3 so you better hope you've have a full Energy bar and mangoes in your pocket if you don't. I'm sure players will figure out they have to farm Zil until one of them drops a primitive bow, then go to Tanis aka Nega-Kelt for training until he teaches you Concussive Shot and gives you Tanis' Bow. [/doubt]

If someone else figured how to beat the naleen herm at levels 2-3 with only the equipment available on Tavros, Mhenga and New Texas without cheating or over leveling yourself please feel free to share and make me feel like a complete idiot.

...and don't get me started on the venus pitchers. Another beginner's trap for new players. Sure it was fine (ish) when all they did was hypnotize you and milk you/egg you but somewhere down the line someone had the bright idea to put in a bad end with the venus pitchers. A starting player isn't going to know about the addictive qualities of pitcher hypnosis and how they're eventually going to slide into automatic failures every time they travel onto a elder pitcher square which eventually will lead to an automatic bad end.

Now being the experienced player I am, I just avoid these two things like the plague until I completely over level the naleen herm and I have max WIL so I can tell the elder venus pitchers to fuck off.

Okay so I went off on a really long rant here. But all I ask is if you are a content creator that happens to also include combat in your content, please roll up a new character once in a while (especially if you're creating content for the starter planet of all places). You're never going to hear me complaining about the difficulty of higher level planets (except for maybe Roz).

Last edited:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
You know, if you just started playing TiTs today having no previous knowledge of the game including not playing CoC for years before hand, I reckon a lot of stuff is going to go into your Steele against your wishes. Like cocks and eggs, probably both...

This is legitimately one of the reasons I don't think there's anything wrong with Quadommes in their current state. Mhen'ga has always had a problem with mobs way too tough for noobie characters, and with the addition of the herm it's now even worse. You have to follow a pretty Guide Dang It procedure with a new char to avoid getting anally raped very quickly. By the time you get to Myrellion you should have access to a relatively wide range of specials and weaponry which should theoretically allow you to beat anything, if you go into each encounter adequately prepared. You simply don't have that range on Mhen'ga.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
This is legitimately one of the reasons I don't think there's anything wrong with Quadommes in their current state. Mhen'ga has always had a problem with mobs way too tough for noobie characters, and with the addition of the herm it's now even worse. You have to follow a pretty Guide Dang It procedure with a new char to avoid getting anally raped very quickly. By the time you get to Myrellion you should have access to a relatively wide range of specials and weaponry which should theoretically allow you to beat anything, if you go into each encounter adequately prepared. You simply don't have that range on Mhen'ga.

I find Quadommes pretty easy to beat. they are pretty much inmune to standard attacks, but they fall really quick to tease attacks. People tend to forget those exist. If the encounter is ridiculously hard to win just by shooting, it's probably trivial to win by teasing.

William.

Staff member
Apr 16, 2018
United States
I find Quadommes pretty easy to beat. they are pretty much inmune to standard attacks, but they fall really quick to tease attacks. People tend to forget those exist. If the encounter is ridiculously hard to win just by shooting, it's probably trivial to win by teasing.

I don't agree at all with the way Quaddommes are designed and placed. Fighting them isn't the issue either, it's where they're placed and what they do.

They're set up in a way that defeats the average-casual-new player's opportunity to retaliate, and there is nothing more frustrating in a game than having your input abrogated on a whim. Skills and weapons don't matter if your stats aren't in that nebulous bracket where you don't get webbed up walking their direction and fail without a chance to fight back. If you don't make the stat check then you start the encounter in the worst position and automatically incur huge lust damage while trying to break free from a grapple -- a grapple that is among the hardest to break in the whole game. If you do shake free, you either run, or you tease it out and probably just get egged anyway.

Couple that one facet with this: almost all of them are set up on the linear routes that the player has to travel to reach the main plot, and there's one in the way of the Queen of the Deep, an encounter also under their challenge level. There's no avoiding them. You walk into it, fail a stat check, get egged up, and the more this happens the more you incur an addiction which then changes the entire dynamic of that region in the game, and like the Venus Pitchers, leads right to a Bad End after several automatic submissions.

This has caused negative feedback in the discord and one person pretty much saying they began save scumming in the game just to make progress. The forced discovery and mechanics behind their setup and presentation - how they nullify the player's input - are not fun. You'll note that I'm not saying anything about the fight itself. If you get to play it, then what you say applies -- if your stats are ground up and you're at a higher level than when you're ostensibly expected to be there. Otherwise, it's RNG stacked against the player that leads to heavy consequences.

Were I to propose something to ease up on their encounter:

1) Reduce the stat checks and ease up on the grapple strength.

Or,

2) Add new squares in their area and move them off the main route.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'd be happy to lobby for extra squares to allow you to avoid them. I ain't doing shit until something's done about the futa naleen, though. I don't see why I should be responsible for gutting my own encounters when other incredibly unforgiving hostiles are being blithely added all the time.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Explain to me how the balancing works. I should reasonable be able to expect that writers don't get to fine-tune their own creations, right?

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
so i have seen a few constant quarrels on this thread that seem to have no answer. usually i stay out of these types of squabbles, but in this case I'm joining in because its the creators yelling at each other. so fuck it lets yell at the source. now these problems are riya and the mobs

now riya problem is actually simple we have no way to get back at her. the benefit and disadvantage of this is that it completely fits into her character. she's untouchable because she's a cop and because of the way she's written. the problem falls onto the fact that she's a racist zenafob and people really hate racist. the way to fix this is to corrupt her but not forced like what happened to kelt in coc. she's a pice of shit but not that bad to deserve that fate. no what i am talking about is something more acne to throwing hot female aliens at her, constantly flirting, constently teasing thus wakening her resolve, you now playing with her. the player on the other hand bashes the human culture with all of its imperfections, she would fucking hate that but its not like she can run away from us nor can she arrest us because were not doing anything illegal. in other words just fuck with her. i would make us feel like were winning even if we will never truly win because she won't really change in the end. and who knows a few fun things might happen out of it as well.

now mobs and placement issues isn't that hard if you think about it. for mobs health potions. there are barely any heath potions and the ones their are suck. to be honest their so bad i don't even use them. while for the heavy hitting mobs like the herm, moz and the jugernots their attack power is just to big for their defense state. i understand that their supposed to be mini bosses but having to save before fighting them so as to be able to wish for a good hit, should not be the answer. the fix to this would just be making lust attacks more affective after all their tanks your not supposed to really attack them in the first place. plus it makes sense and would put a good use to the tease attacks. (on a side not i have alwase found milk squirt to be effective agents most tanks). while the stationary mobs like the quadolmos are actually place vary well. their supposed to be a hindrance and your supposed to avoid them. the only problem is right now we can't avoid them. thus my suggestion is just add three to six tiles around them. yes it would look like a square and yes it will be out of the way and problematic for the player because now they have more distance to cross but thats the point. do you go straight though and get fucked or do you go around and get jumped choose your poison.

compared to those two my biggest quarrels are nothing. i just don't like the fact that the nursery is undeveloped, were missing crew homes on travis station and that were missing out on some possible companions. but thats a given after all their all in development, their going to be worked on just not right now.

also have you guys thought of setting up a writers trollo or developmental board and I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about invite only posting bored that contains incomplete and half assed pieces of work still in the developmental stages for help with development of a cherictor or as a way to help the writer prevent hate like what happened with riya.

people are probably going to hate me for this, but hay i took a risk not like i can fix any of the problems after all i can't write for shit.

Somebody Else

Nov 12, 2018
I'd be happy to lobby for extra squares to allow you to avoid them. I ain't doing shit until something's done about the futa naleen, though. I don't see why I should be responsible for gutting my own encounters when other incredibly unforgiving hostiles are being blithely added all the time.

There are lots of reasons.
  1. An acknowledgement of the frustrations of the player base, and a desire to give them as good an experience as possible.
  2. Precedent. If you dislike the unforgiving hostiles being added all the time, don't be part of the problem.
  3. Personal responsibility. Pointing to something else and saying that it's a problem too isn't an argument for you to do nothing; it's an argument for both of you to do something.
  4. Self-interest. You seem to have contributed a great deal of content to the game, which suggests to me that you either enjoy doing so, receive some financial compensation, or both. The best way for that situation to continue is to make the best game possible.
I think that may have come across a bit overly harsh, so let me clarify a little: I greatly appreciate all you've contributed to the game, and hope you continue to do so. I think there are many potential ways to mitigate the oppressive influence of Quaddommes without necessitating any change to the combat mechanics. A simple way would be to add a dialogue option to Ara Kei explaining/warning a bit about them, because they'd really rather avoid any diplomatic incidents, like the heir of a major intergalactic corporation being subjugated by a spider, while they're fighting an uphill battle for citizenship.

Edit: Side note, the Naleen herm should at least get the same melee/ranged counter status effects Quaddommes get.

Last edited: