Wayfort Discussion

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I just want to gently butt in by saying the half-sexed Boer'alvar are intersex, and acknowledged as much in their culture. Given they're probably also smaller in size as babies compared to other boer'alvar, it may be safe to assume they're assigned intersex at birth, too.

Intersex is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male.

Ryn's anatomy is very clearly male. I really don't think the term is a good fit for her.

There's the added problem that trying to apply real world terms to a fantasy species is pointless but that's a different can of worms.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Half-sexed have male primary sexual characteristics (ie, a penis and no vagina) but female secondary sexual characteristics (breasts) which is part of why they can identify as either gender. I'm not sure how having sexual characteristics of both males and females doesn't fit the definition of intersexed. Okay, in this fantasy setting it's more like a biological third sex that makes up a statistically significant chunk of the population but in human terms they fall between the typical definitions of male and female, hence intersex.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Just make everything a hermaphrodite and we wouldn't ever have to worry about what to call each other.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Half-sexed have male primary sexual characteristics (ie, a penis and no vagina) but female secondary sexual characteristics (breasts) which is part of why they can identify as either gender. I'm not sure how having sexual characteristics of both males and females doesn't fit the definition of intersexed. Okay, in this fantasy setting it's more like a biological third sex that makes up a statistically significant chunk of the population but in human terms they fall between the typical definitions of male and female, hence intersex.

This is why we fantasy writers sometimes have to make up dumb new words like "halfsex" :b

Reactions: Paradox01

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
Returning to Game of Thrones A possible idea to add more depth to Palace-Ice and perhaps some interesting options for corrupt decisions

How viable would a position change on the throne be after all? Etheryn wasn't raised to be a leader of course I'm not talking about outrageous mutiny or a bloody replacement just a like Convocation of Mirrors conversation in which we convince Ethrym she just doesn't think she's up to it and yield to his position to someone better prepared

Also, after the expulsion of Alissa, how do the city dwellers take the existence of a new royal member that has not yet existed for them? And even if they do recognize Etheryn as such, some citizens would not resent the current royal line because of Alissa's actions?

My idea is to take advantage of the title as Champion of Frost to have some influence and choose a leader or pawn that will dance the water for us, of course it still has to be a Boreal Elf with good skills.

Possible candidates

Etheryn

Keep the status pro quo and just let things take their course and teach the little cutie one to be a good leader.

Elthara

In one of the talks we have with Etheryn she confesses that Elthara is in charge of the paperwork all this time so she has experience in organization and is also part of the nobility so in the eyes of the people it would be something acceptable also because she is already stained a little due to corruption, perhaps it is more susceptible to wanting to be in a position of power making her easy to convince.

Hethia

may be the most difficult to integrate because of the lore's history, too much conflicts with the druids and religions, also something tells me that Lumia would not be happy but perhaps with the popularity that the Champion has and the people see him with good eyes, maybe It helps to appease the complaints

Advantages and disadvantages depending on who is on the throne

1) Etheryn you receive 1000 coins as an example and unlike the other two they have no disadvantage.

2) Elthara, will you receive some rare items like Wyldsap, Ley-crysta etc ... per week. And maybe after the exchange your character will suffer an increase in corruption?

3) Hethia will receive X amount of pristine wood, metal parts and Sturdy Stone per week but you will not be able to access Lumia content or become her champion.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
How viable would a position change on the throne be after all? Etheryn wasn't raised to be a leader of course I'm not talking about outrageous mutiny or a bloody replacement just a like Convocation of Mirrors conversation in which we convince Ethrym she just doesn't think she's up to it and yield to his position to someone better prepared
Savin has mentioned that there are plans for how Ryn's reign can go, whether she stays regent or becomes queen in her own right and how much influence the Champion has over her. If you want to, you'll probably be able to eventually act as the real power behind the throne for a low-Confidence Ryn. Putting someone whose surname is not var Riddell on the throne on the other hand is pretty unlikely to be seriously entertained among the elves, or among the writers. As Tobs mentions here when talking about relative time scales, the fact that there have been three different people sitting on the throne in as many centuries is considered a Big Deal to the elves. They go for stability and tradition in a big way and that means the same family on the throne.

Also, after the expulsion of Alissa, how do the city dwellers take the existence of a new royal member that has not yet existed for them? And even if they do recognize Etheryn as such, some citizens would not resent the current royal line because of Alissa's actions?
Ryn was known, she was officially a duchess and attended state functions so it's not like she's some random person that nobody outside the palace has ever seen before.

Also, this is stuff that's just getting covered in new content with Elyon. Alissa burned through a lot of the goodwill that her mother and grandmother built up but there's still a lot left and Elyon mentions that the people really want for things to be like they remember it in the Good Old Days, so there isn't exactly a huge tide of resentment building up. Maybe some more tensions due to the arrival of the druids and Ryn accepting them back, but that's a whole different kettle of salted fish. It doesn't hurt that most of the people directly affected by Alissa's misrule were the nobility and they're all gone.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Really hope that we will be able to use low confidence Ryn as a tool to gain more power. Especially since it is her.

Last edited:

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
What does Carmen's offer actually entail for the Champion anyway and what does it mean for their (potential) affair with a certain winged conqueress?

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
What does Carmen's offer actually entail for the Champion anyway and what does it mean for their (potential) affair with a certain winged conqueress?

The event makes it pretty clear I think that she's just giving you an honorary title; it doesn't really mean anything. it will however get you access to Tychris later!

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
The event makes it pretty clear I think that she's just giving you an honorary title.!
That's how I read it too, though I didn't want to presume and accidentally lock the champ in question out of further progress on her budding affair with Kasyrra, :p

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Does Carmen even have any actual power or authority to make her titles anything more than honorary?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Unlikely. She's hasn't been involved with the world's affairs for a long time.

She's just in this weird position. She can throw money around but doesn't follow through, she has a castle but it's run down, she has retainers but we only see one, she cares about the area but accidentally made things worse, and she's a baroness but has no actual authority and everyone just seems to call her that like it's a nickname. If she were some disgraced noble in hiding then she wouldn't be advertising herself as a baroness and being so inconspicuous. The only possibility I can think of is that cumpires follow similar vampire rules and she doesn't age, used to be an actual baroness, and is now just kinda defeatist and lazy. Granted I haven't had a chance to play the new stuff so I haven't seen the title scene.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
she doesn't age, used to be an actual baroness, and is now just kinda defeatist and lazy

This but more "terminally depressed and spends most of her time sleeping."

She is, actually, the legal Baroness of Hawkethorne. It's her dad's statue in the middle of town and all.

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Well, she's an (allegedly) immortal super powerful spellsword, and I don't feel pity for folks that are sad about being able to cast Meteor Swarm.... and won't pick up a damn hobby.

Her being oathbound sounds like "Witcher's code forbids it, sire" to me. What she needs is less solemn oaths and more going to a seaside resort in Jasirra for a change. Oh, and a long conversation with a poor potato farmer about "Not being able to do things about one's problems".

I swear, rich undying multiclass folks and their "problems"...

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
With great power comes great responsibility.

That said, I'd personally probably be a little more socially active if I was an immortal spellsword because I wouldn't have to worry about having to remember every single person in my life, but I'm an asshole and think people are generally not worth the hassle - but if I have to be a Baroness to a town, ima do my job.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Great now I'm even more attracted to her. A spellsword vampire I can relate to? Sign. Me. The. Fuck. Up.

Though I do wonder now if she's a vampire that feeds off of cum like an absolute chad, or if cumpires are separate beings that follow some vampire rules and if so what rules. Does she have to be invited in? Can she safely eat garlic bread? If she bites me, will I become a cumpire/vampire or will it just be kinky?

Reactions: Violyn

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I wonder if she still has any resources in her vault that could help the wayfort.

And speaking of CoCII vampires, if one wore an eyepatch with a mirror in it would they be able to see behind themselves?

• Wow
Reactions: Firangi

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
And speaking of CoCII vampires, if one wore an eyepatch with a mirror in it would they be able to see behind themselves?

Close your third eye. Some things are not meant for us mere mortals to know.

Reactions: Number13

ThunderOwl

Mar 14, 2021
She has money.
Okay, but are we going to be able to use that money to help Hawkthorne?
For example, talking with Garth and the boys to upgrade defences, the equipment of the militia, things like that.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
She has money.

Money.....the greatest and most addictive power of all.

Also, with the mentioning of Elthara haven't content at the fort, I am now wondering if there will be shrines set up for all of the 7 or something similar......possibly even other faiths.

Reactions: Wint3rRyd3r

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Okay, but are we going to be able to use that money to help Hawkthorne?
For example, talking with Garth and the boys to upgrade defences, the equipment of the militia, things like that.

Not that money, your money. Y'see, Champs has the monopoly of getting shit done around the marches, so if you want to increase the funding for the local militia or a soup kitchen for the poor, grab a big bag with a dollar sign and start clubbing sexual deviants in the head for their lunch money in true murderhobo fashion.

Reactions: Paradox01 and Savin

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
She's just in this weird position. She can throw money around but doesn't follow through, she has a castle but it's run down, she has retainers but we only see one, she cares about the area but accidentally made things worse, and she's a baroness but has no actual authority and everyone just seems to call her that like it's a nickname. If she were some disgraced noble in hiding then she wouldn't be advertising herself as a baroness and being so inconspicuous. The only possibility I can think of is that cumpires follow similar vampire rules and she doesn't age, used to be an actual baroness, and is now just kinda defeatist and lazy. Granted I haven't had a chance to play the new stuff so I haven't seen the title scene.
After talking to her in the meet and greet it answered a lot of questions I had on why she is the way she is and her odd connections but it also raised some new ones to ponder about so talk to her when you can.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Not that money, your money. Y'see, Champs has the monopoly of getting shit done around the marches, so if you want to increase the funding for the local militia or a soup kitchen for the poor, grab a big bag with a dollar sign and start clubbing sexual deviants in the head for their lunch money in true murderhobo fashion.
Grab your fur gold, kids - we got some reconstruction to do.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
She has money.
To be fair Savin by this point the Champion has more money than they know what to ever do with.
Unless they learn some sort of "Electrum Toss" technique and defeat Kas by drowning her in their nigh-infinite currency...

Reactions: Firangi

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
To be fair Savin by this point the Champion has more money than they know what to ever do with.
Unless they learn some sort of "Electrum Toss" technique and defeat Kas by drowning her in their nigh-infinite currency...
Which makes the champion wording on renting Sally's wombs even more hilarious I was like "girl that kind of money chump change for me"

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
[pc.title philanthropist | You know,[pc.mf | Mr| Mrs] Philanthropist, my daughter is now suffering from severe back pain due to having to haul around all those massive sacks of coin you've so generously been donating to her nursery. I'm sure you've got atleast a hundred grand in your transdimensional pocket right now, so quit whining an cough up five.]

Shmebulock

Apr 5, 2021
Look at it from the NPC's perspective:

You heard there's this guy/chick/David Bowie roaming around that is so damn hot that everyone wants a piece of that snacc. Hell, the Champion banged the Kervus warlord, the marefolk chieftess, more or less all of the elven court, and an assortment of mythical creatures. If you lay with the Champion, you'll be able to brag about it for months.

Cool beans, but how do you get into that action? Easy: grab some pocket change, a shiny stone or a hip quiver and stalk the wilderness until you spot an adventuring party, then attack.

Best case scenario: you win and you bang on your terms.

Second best case scenario: you lose and the Champion fucks you silly, which is, according to multiple accounts, a huge win.

Third best case scenario: you lose, but instead of getting laid you make a new friend, or at least have a nice chat with a swell person.

Worst case scenario: Champs just beats you, takes your pocket change and leaves. Oh well, a couple bruises and you lost your drinking money for the evening... so what?