Treatment Genetics

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Hallo all. Need some help, hope the forums can deliver.

Been looking through the New Texas content involving the Treatment, as in what is told to you by Big T, Zephyr, and Reaha about it, as well as the codex description. And I was wondering: could there be New Texans immune to the treatment?

I ask because I was fiddling with an idea for a New Texan that wasn't affected, and it struck me that I had no idea if that was possible. From what I've read, Zephyr and Reaha both note that the Treatment most likely is mutating New Texan DNA, and the appearance of the other mutations (Cowmazon and Faux Cow) makes me think its possible.

What do you guys think?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
No.  The mutations are making the New Texans more susceptible to the Treatment, not less.  Furthermore it doesn't make sense that anyone even could be immune to the Treatment, since part of it is tiny robots going into your body and mucking with your DNA, plus drugs, plus ~secrets~.  The mutations are essentially the result of inbreeding causing the Treatment to gradually become permanent, much like what the huskar on Uveto are doing but in a much more extreme fashion.  If they continue using the Treatment on top of that, well, only Fen can say for sure, but I can't imagine it would end well.

At any rate a New Texan being immune to the Treatment is an impossible notion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It's worth noting that, while the idea of someone being outright immune to Treatment isn't lore-friendly, you can right a character that had managed to either roll the minimum amount of detrimental effects, or managed to fake getting Treated.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
No.  The mutations are making the New Texans more susceptible to the Treatment, not less.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the response. I was just curious if it was even a possibility.

It's worth noting that, while the idea of someone being outright immune to Treatment isn't lore-friendly, you can right a character that had managed to either roll the minimum amount of detrimental effects, or managed to fake getting Treated.

That's... not a half bad idea. But, that does raise the question: how much flexibility do we have when describing a treated person? From the Codex in game, and the effects on the player, you would expect it to give the stock mental impairments typical of the "Bimbo" mindset. But from the NPCs that currently exist on New Texas, most of the females seem to function just fine, like  Carrie and Millie. The only ones that seem to have obvious mental issues would be Amma and... maybe Ellie? And then there's the issue of 'The Treatment' and Cass... ergh. Any tips on what one might apply to writing a treated person?

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the response. I was just curious if it was even a possibility.

That's... not a half bad idea. But, that does raise the question: how much flexibility do we have when describing a treated person? From the Codex in game, and the effects on the player, you would expect it to give the stock mental impairments typical of the "Bimbo" mindset. But from the NPCs that currently exist on New Texas, most of the females seem to function just fine, like  Carrie and Millie. The only ones that seem to have obvious mental issues would be Amma and... maybe Ellie? And then there's the issue of 'The Treatment' and Cass... ergh. Any tips on what one might apply to writing a treated person?

I guess you explain the flexibility question yourself here. IF there are so different results of the treatment (just compare Amma and Carrie f.e.), except maybe more or less giant tits that give milk and giant cocks, everything else is just a bit of a bimbo/brute mentality and some cow/bull features. AND fen's approval xD

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
I guess you explain the flexibility question yourself here. IF there are so different results of the treatment (just compare Amma and Carrie f.e.), except maybe more or less giant tits that give milk and giant cocks, everything else is just a bit of a bimbo/brute mentality and some cow/bull features. AND fen's approval xD

Ha, true. Well, I guess my next question it to ask anyone who has written treated characters for some pointers. I've only used the treatment a few times in game, and since we don't have a particularly solid baseline for reference, what are some common traits (besides tits and dicks) to go on?

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
http://wiki.smutosaur.us/Treatment

I would recommend to just take these here as guidelines and to pick what you like from the lists. It seems to be what everybody else does... Just remember that the PC treatment effects are somewhat different from 'general' New Texans or NT tourists who choose to stay, because the PC is so S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Tarak

Apr 28, 2016

It is worth noting that the PC tends to have much more drastic reactions to anything that attempts to alter their body or would normally be harmful to it, since the medi-chines running through their blood tend to drastically alter them to keep Steele safe and healthy without simply scrubbing any foreign bodies (since transformations are much more popular than purism in this universe). That itself could be part of why the PC tends to end up being completely re-made by The Treatment heavily down one of the few paths it can take, The Treatment is changing them and Steele's own body is literally helping it do so. On the other hand the codex entry for the treatment goes pretty in depth on how it's expected to change the treated individuals mentally,

The codex states:

"They start with a rapid loss of willpower and end with a huge dip in perceived intelligence. Both are relative to the user's original aptitude; particularly strong-willed women seemed best able to handle their new drives and shorter attention spans. Actual I.Q.s are unchanged, though new cows have great difficulty maintaining motivation for nonsexual pursuits, leading to a bimbo stereotype. Promises of longer milkings for higher scores increased standardized test results to near pre-treatment levels. Adding a fuck from a treated male, or bull, as a prize eliminated the discrepancy."

It also comments that in very rare circumstances The Treatment can result is increased aggression in a treated female...

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Not to mention the PC is the PC, from a writing perspective alone they're pretty different.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Not to mention the PC is the PC, from a writing perspective alone they're pretty different.

Fair enough. Using the PC as a baseline is bound to cause problems. I can take a look at other treated characters and see what commonalities they have, and use the codex entry to fill in the blanks.

It also comments that in very rare circumstances The Treatment can result is increased aggression in a treated female...

A question, for anyone interested: whats the likelihood of three or more people having the Cowmazon transformation on T's ranch? I suppose I'm simplifying it, but of the New Texans you can meet, Zephyr has already undergone the Cowmazon TF, and Reaha will undergo it if you treat her. What is the statistical chance that there is another New Texan on T's Ranch with a supposed 'Rare' mutation in the treatment? I just ask cause it sounds rather unlikely.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
2 out of however many vagina-havers.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
A question, for anyone interested: whats the likelihood of three or more people having the Cowmazon transformation on T's ranch? I suppose I'm simplifying it, but of the New Texans you can meet, Zephyr has already undergone the Cowmazon TF, and Reaha will undergo it if you treat her. What is the statistical chance that there is another New Texan on T's Ranch with a supposed 'Rare' mutation in the treatment? I just ask cause it sounds rather unlikely.

Aside from Zephyr, there is another on the ranch...

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Fair enough. Using the PC as a baseline is bound to cause problems. I can take a look at other treated characters and see what commonalities they have, and use the codex entry to fill in the blanks.

I would say that kind of ruins or would ruin the 'rare' aspect of the cowmazon treatment further. It is alright for the PC to be special, but adding too many rarities to NT ruins the intended uniqueness.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Aside from Zephyr, there is another on the ranch...

FurAffinity says there's an issue with the content filter and refuses to display the image. Can I assume that its Adjatha's picture of a purple haired cowmazon and feminized faux-bull? I hadn't heard much about those characters, don't even know their names. Do you have a link to their page in the forums?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
FurAffinity says there's an issue with the content filter and refuses to display the image. Can I assume that its Adjatha's picture of a purple haired cowmazon and feminized faux-bull? I hadn't heard much about those characters, don't even know their names. Do you have a link to their page in the forums?

Yeah, it's them. Though I'm pretty sure they don't have a page on the forum, unless Nonesuch decided to show them off somewhere.

Anyways, here's your picture:

20275498@400-1465912649.jpg

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Also you can't Treat her yet, so who knows if it could ever count. *looks at Savin*

@Owens below: What he said; it wasn't a population statistic about New Texas in particular, but all native New Texans.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Technically Reaha doesn't live on T's ranch, she only wanders through with the PC, so she probably shouldn't count for that particular statistic.

Fair enough. I was including her in the "out of all the New Texans we can meet, X are this rare mutation". I just don't want to go "Yeah, lets write this person to have a rare Treatment Variant", and end up making it not be rare due to an overabundance of the variant. I'm just trying to get a feel for how many buff cowgirls is too many buff cowgirls.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I wasn't aware that Simone was a cowmazon. She certainly didn't strike me as being amazonish, more like being really toned cow.

But what do I now. *shrugs*

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Isn't one of the milking attendants an amazon, too

Honestly it feels like we have more amazons than cows - or if they're not officially then they're a lot closer to that than they are to the bimbo cow ideal

though it's understandable, I guess. There are more directions to go in with amazons than cows just because bimbos are fairly limited in how they're typically written while there are lots of popular ways to write amazons and New Texas basically herds them into being one or the other. Reaha feels like an attempt to escape those restraints.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
I wasn't aware that Simone was a cowmazon. She certainly didn't strike me as being amazonish, more like being really toned cow.

But what do I now. *shrugs*

I have to agree, Simone's wiki article (I haven't run into her in game) doesn't seem to be a variant like Zephyr or Horisha, (Thank you for the name, found her and Peck in the wiki). She just seems to be an overly buff Cowgirl.

Actually, I wasn't aware this existed until I popped over to the Treatment Variants page, and then re-read the last couple of Blog posts, but the cum-cow variant of the treatment is interesting. Have to wait for the public release in three days to give it a shot, but it sounds neat from what I've read. Does anyone have plans for a cum-cow NPC?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Does she have a penis though?

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Does she have a penis though?

Straight from the wiki's description block: " You can see a hint of a bulge between her legs, but not enough for her to be a hermaphrodite; it looks more like she has a prominent cameltoe." Pretty sure shes just overly buff, not a Cowmazon.

Now that it's suddenly a thing that exists, one of Reaha's sisters is gonna be one.

Cool. Reaha is a follower I genuinely enjoy, and I always try to recruit her when I get the money. I'm excited to see where her quest line goes.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Cum cows should give everyone writing a bit more room to play with cowsluts without having to pile on "now, for the 8th NPC who just so happened to get a very rare mutation of the Treatment"

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Fair enough. I was including her in the "out of all the New Texans we can meet, X are this rare mutation". I just don't want to go "Yeah, lets write this person to have a rare Treatment Variant", and end up making it not be rare due to an overabundance of the variant. I'm just trying to get a feel for how many buff cowgirls is too many buff cowgirls.

Worth noting for the sake of that statistic that I've written a buff cowgirl who isn't related to New Texas in any way.  She's a furry, which New Texans are not, and achieved her look through her custom Holstaria mod rather than Treatment, but otherwise ticks all the boxes of being a cowmazon.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Her doc's in the Steele Biomedical thread if you want to read it.  She hits the boxes I like in cowgirls: tall, muscular but with a fat butt, heavily curvaceous, lactating, and pretty chill as opposed to the more aggressive Treated cowmazons like Zephyr.

I also wanted to do an event with her for an alternate way to get Treated Reaha without having to actually use the Treatment on Reaha, but Savin hasn't said whether or not I can write it.

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
Her doc's in the Steele Biomedical thread if you want to read it.  She hits the boxes I like in cowgirls: tall, muscular but with a fat butt, heavily curvaceous, lactating, and pretty chill as opposed to the more aggressive Treated cowmazons like Zephyr.

True. The mental aspects of the treatment are one thing that I continually stumble over. Like, I enjoy the physical aspects that they give, but with no way to undo the Brute speech, Ditz speech perks like in CoC with De-Bimbo, I find myself skipping it on most playthorughs. A cowmazon that got that way without treatment definitely sounds like a cool addition.

I also wanted to do an event with her for an alternate way to get Treated Reaha without having to actually use the Treatment on Reaha, but Savin hasn't said whether or not I can write it.

This. It makes sense, from a character standpoint (in my own, very subjective, not the creator opinion), since Reaha makes comments about being insecure because she didn't look like a New Texan, which is why she changed herself in the first place. It kinda even makes sense in a progression sense (again, no idea what Savin's plans are). Like, after helping her beat her addiction, to continue her path by letting her look like she was treated without being treated. Just sounds cool in my brain.