TiTs confessions...

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Confession - I miss when this thread was about in-game confessions and hadn't massively derailed...

Smh

I mean... it was all in response to a confession wasn't it? Original statement was about de-transphobing gdocs and it sparked a convo.

Are we not allowed to discuss the source of one of the sinful confessions in depth?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Sometimes I wonder what the various species look like on the inside, organ shape, alignment and such, so my minds starts to wonder. Totally no autopsies going on in this head...

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Sometimes I wonder what the various species look like on the inside, organ shape, alignment and such, so my minds starts to wonder. Totally no autopsies going on in this head...
Yeah, I wonder that too, sometimes. Like, what does Danes skeleton look like? Is his extra pair of arms positioned vertically or horizontally in regards to his original pair? Are they above? Below? In front? Behind? Or are they placed more so on his back, or something? Makes you think.

Another to think about is how would characters sound? Like, what's a good voice to match them and their personality?

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
That's why I don't like the Prai Ellit (I think that's the name) character. There's the trying-too-hard quirkiness but my main gripe is that Prai is blatantly getting off to being a sissy boy while insisting on being taken seriously as a person, both as a woman and a scientist. The character's a joke and the content's all about tormenting them for being so haplessly pathetic.
... yeah, we know. That's the whole point of the character, dude. Not everyone has to be all ultra proud and in your face like Ramis.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Smh

I mean... it was all in response to a confession wasn't it? Original statement was about de-transphobing gdocs and it sparked a convo.

Are we not allowed to discuss the source of one of the sinful confessions in depth?
Discussion is fine, in fact, discussion is more than welcome, but considering that the topic veered wildly off-topic, this might not be the right place for such a topic. And it is one that needs to be had.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
One of the sillier things that I wonder about with that is multiple dongs. Side to side or one over the other? Does pee come out of both of them? Can one be hard and the other soft?

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
... yeah, we know. That's the whole point of the character, dude. Not everyone has to be all ultra proud and in your face like Ramis.
I know, that's why I used that character as an example of someone an actual person or even another character would feel insulted being compared to. Like calling Kaede a shemale is fetishizing her body type, sure, but that's honestly p. low on the scale of things a real person who identifies with her could be upset about. It's not inherently insulting. But any attempt to group Prai in with Kaede is fairly insulting even in-universe since one's clearly a stuck-up sissy boy who gets off on prancing around and being emasculated and even goes out of their way to say they just want real men to plow their bitch hole while the other is actually good at their job, isn't a walking fetish, and has a grounded sense of both their masculinity and femininity.

So for someone who gets off to sissies Prai can hit those buttons but because sissy stuff is inherently insulting and the content plays straight to it someone could easily feel insulted if someone else were to overlap what that character's about with things that feel superficially similar like traps or trans people or even shemales in the TiTS setting. Some of these words and what they signify are worth getting upset over and some really aren't but even with the worse ones there are still ways to hit them and make them hot without getting into their more insulting implications.

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
Hm. In mainstream games where role-playing is possible, I usually pride myself in playing as the villain and making the most evil choices possible. Even my buddies know me well for doing this. However, there's something about TiTS (and the others) that gives me way too much of a guilty conscious to do so.

Like, how can I not buy out Reaha's contract on Tavros, help her with her addiction, and set her on her way? I'm not even that interested in her intimate scenes, I just want to help her out. There are other characters that have similar effects, such as Aina.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Discussion is fine, in fact, discussion is more than welcome, but considering that the topic veered wildly off-topic, this might not be the right place for such a topic. And it is one that needs to be had.

it was a pertinent enough topic to derail into a semi serious debate, now whether or not it needs it's own thread i'll disagree with as it's a 'minor' issue and it's something that would take too much effort to change as it's not just a parser tag that we're talking about here it's a descriptor that is used with relative frequency. I would like to make one last point about the different words having different personality/behavior denotations tied with it in this game. Kaede for example fits more with the dickgirl archetype than with the shemale archetype, and syri fits more with the shemale archetype than with the dickgirl archetype. usually from what i've seen in these games shemales are usually confident, cocksure, and usually lean more towards dom than sub. dickgirls meanwhile are more timid, demure, and usually lean more towards being subby. it's the same difference between femboys and traps, femboys still retain a certain amount of masculinity both in behavior and lifestyle while traps do not

this'll be my last derailment as i need to go back to writing Briha and lys stuff or else my day off from retail seasonal hell is over

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Hm. In mainstream games where role-playing is possible, I usually pride myself in playing as the villain and making the most evil choices possible. Even my buddies know me well for doing this. However, there's something about TiTS (and the others) that gives me way too much of a guilty conscious to do so.

Like, how can I not buy out Reaha's contract on Tavros, help her with her addiction, and set her on her way? I'm not even that interested in her intimate scenes, I just want to help her out. There are other characters that have similar effects, such as Aina.
Right with you there. If there's a way to help someone out, I'm going to take it, and I'm like that in most games I play. There are characters in TiTS I don't interact with because I don't like them much but I know I'll feel like I should help them if I talk to them. :oops:

So I guess my actual TiTS confession is that I never play with the 'hard' or 'mean' personality. I just can't be mean to these people. Hell, I've had trouble writing lines for a mean personality in my submissions. Even knowing that it wasn't me doing it, writing that a mean character told my characters to fuck off was really, really damn hard.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

Right with you there. If there's a way to help someone out, I'm going to take it, and I'm like that in most games I play. There are characters in TiTS I don't interact with because I don't like them much but I know I'll feel like I should help them if I talk to them. :oops:

So I guess my actual TiTS confession is that I never play with the 'hard' or 'mean' personality. I just can't be mean to these people. Hell, I've had trouble writing lines for a mean personality in my submissions. Even knowing that it wasn't me doing it, writing that a mean character told my characters to fuck off was really, really damn hard.
Yeah, I'm the exact same way.

Here's something: on every save, I sell bess/ben.
But why, tho?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Hmm, about my many in-game 'sins':

Okay, I always get rid of Ben/Bess since I don't like non-organic...ahem partners, and content-wise is kind of a dead-end. Ah, and I always save-edit my game so Shade dies on my second Myrellion encounter. Another living sibling is a potential rival, and I'm not the kind of guy that would share an inheritance with anyone, neither in-game nor IRL.

I always push the captain into killing the gray goos. Ahem, I only interact with Anno for the goo suit and then forget about her for the rest of the game. I leave behind the goblin slave in Tarkus since I don't like them in general.

I kinda dislike MtF TF on NPC, and I try to avoid it if it's optional (we have a serious lack of pure males here), so I procure to keep Del male, and avoid any kind of further feminization on Lerris (we only have strictly professional interactions). Man, being a guy that it's into manly men it's a nightmare if you live in a gynocentric world :''v.

Despite being a fan of m/m, I'm not willing to touch Lund's content. Not even with a 10ft pole. I dunno why. Urbolg, instead, is for some odd reason, has a huge YES from me. Odd, since both are dominant male korgonne.

Out of frustration, I always killed the Frostwyrm (and had incredible pleasure doing so). I didn't event cared for the armor that much. I only wanted to see the fucking thing dead. Wan't until my current play that I finally decided to spare it.

Reactions: ThasV

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
What? I wanted to see if the game would actually let me do some of the stuff, along with just doing certain things because well, I wasn't thinking about the situation and mostly to just do it to do it.
I just... that cruelty is too far from myself now. I admit that I used to be angry enough to play mass murderers in games like Fallout, but I just can't do it anymore.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hmm, about my many in-game 'sins':

Okay, I always get rid of Ben/Bess since I don't like non-organic...ahem partners, and content-wise is kind of a dead-end. Ah, and I always save-edit my game so Shade dies on my second Myrellion encounter. Another living sibling is a potential rival, and I'm not the kind of guy that would share an inheritance with anyone, neither in-game nor IRL.

I always push the captain into killing the gray goos. Ahem, I only interact with Anno for the goo suit and then forget about her for the rest of the game. I leave behind the goblin slave in Tarkus since I don't like them in general.

I kinda dislike MtF TF on NPC, and I try to avoid it if it's optional (we have a serious lack of pure males here), so I procure to keep Del male, and avoid any kind of further feminization on Lerris (we only have strictly professional interactions). Man, being a guy that it's into manly men it's a nightmare if you live in a gynocentric world :''v.

Despite being a fan of m/m, I'm not willing to touch Lund's content. Not even with a 10ft pole. I dunno why. Urbolg, instead, is for some odd reason, has a huge YES from me. Odd, since both are dominant male korgonne.

Out of frustration, I always killed the Frostwyrm (and had incredible pleasure doing so). I didn't event cared for the armor that much. I only wanted to see the fucking thing dead. Wan't until my current play that I finally decided to spare it.
Why? Why to literally everything in this? Just... Why?

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
The hard personality style doesn't have to translate to chip-on-their-shoulder asshole for everything. Depending on the situation it can just be business-oriented or disaffected. I think a lot of the writers who don't have a feel for the different personality types tend to try too hard to make hard Steele a constantly-angry Bakugo type or feel like they have to have mischievous Steele make constant dad jokes. That sort of one-noteness comes off as gimmicky.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator

See I have the opposite reaction. I'm really good at writing lines for hard chars in my personal projects. Like with Kashawn you can legit argue with that boy.

But also, in my stories I write and chars I make for tabletop games, I put my people through hell because imo they can handle it and its realistic. I just made a witcher for that new witcher D&D style table top game and in his back story he falls in love with a nobleman's son, stays with him for 30 years (while still on the path, regular visits and shaboinkings ofc) and now I'm killing his love interest off and having Numair (my witcher) travel the desert in a depressed suicide run where he'll run into a sphinx (no sphinxes have not been established in the witcher universe but this is the School of the Manticore in Zerrikania so I get to make up a bunch of shit including continent specific monsters.)

wow I went on a lowkey rant there. But yes I give my chars beautiful moments only to use them to challenge them. I give them hell and reward them with heaven before giving them more hell... it's a delicate balance but it's fun.

i've been embarrassed to write anything for TiTS ever since.

Nooooooooooo don't be embarased senor just try again

TFMaster

I’ve never fought the Frostwyrm yet I always run away mostly due to the fact that none of my characters are properly equipped for facing it, also since it’s been a while since I played TiTS and I never got around to messing with her after her xpac.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I think a lot of the writers who don't have a feel for the different personality types tend to try too hard to make hard Steele a constantly-angry Bakugo type or feel like they have to have mischievous Steele make constant dad jokes. That sort of one-noteness comes off as gimmicky.
I'm too nice for the dad jokes and I hate it! Kind Steele seems boring but I can't bring myself to hurt anyone...

But as for Bakugo, I think he just needs to learn how to talk to others. The only way he knows to express himself is anger and superiority, and he's afraid of not being as good as everyone told him he was. (Completely off-topic, I know)

Some might consider it a sin that I want nothing to do with the Frostwym. She's all about preg content and wasting my time, so she's a no-no. I'd love to fuck a dragon, though.

Reactions: TFMaster

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
I just... that cruelty is too far from myself now. I admit that I used to be angry enough to play mass murderers in games like Fallout, but I just can't do it anymore.

Honestly not hard to do when you remember it's just a game and they are just a save file click away from being alive again.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Bakugo's moe -because- he communicates solely by yelling. What makes him work though is that he's only an actual asshole like 10% of the time and isn't a blockhead; he learns from it when he makes a mistake.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Honestly not hard to do when you remember it's just a game and they are just a save file click away from being alive again.
I know that, practically speaking, it really doesn't matter. But I always play games as a self-insert, and I don't wanna hurt people for the sake of hurting them, so I no longer play psychopaths. Unless of course they have awesome abilities and are a preset character, like Borderlands.