The Desperate Rescue. [In Game]

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Satisfied that she had helped Sholgra to completion (and a tad amused that their foolish assailant had gotten a face full of cum for his troubles) and seeing what the orc was trying to do, Valira would not leave her ally in the lurch. Quick as a flash, she unsheathed her sword and before the tree man had a chance to react she ran forward and chopped its head clear off its wooden shoulders. To make doubly sure this clearly magical creature was dead she then proceeded to chop this thing clean into firewood so to speak, hacking and slashing at it over and over again until there was nothing left but kindling. She did this with a roar on her lips and a fire in her eyes, wishing that she had access to real flames but her rage and skill with a blade would just have to do!

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Comeoncomeoncomeon – oh, HELL yeah!

Dirk held his branch aloft like a flaming sword of justice as he returned to where Zwarr and the monster were fighting.

“Hey, birch! In case you ain’t noticed, it’s two against one, and now we’ve both got torches. I’m just a fleshy human, but I reckon maybe it’s time to reconsider. In your place? I would just leave, maybe put down roots by a creek somewhere and let squirrels nest in my head. Burning’s a terrible way to go, y’know. But maybe you’re feeling lucky; think you can take us both before a stray spark catches you. Are you willing to gamble your life on it? I wouldn’t.”

“So I guess, ultimately, my real question is this:"

He pointed the branch directly at her, the burning leaves crackling maliciously, and took a step forward.

“How about a little fire, scarecrow?”

Negasonic100

Jul 6, 2022
Zwarr added to Dirk's intimidating tactic by quickly adding an 'illusion spell' sung over the top to make Dirk and himself look more malicious and frightening to the tree bitch. "As The Duke once said... we gotta gotta hunk of 'burnin' love for ya unless you run now." He added as his guitar strings were still glowing a bit from the fire spell.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The female creature turned and fled into the deep woods. The male lay in ruin, it's bits and pieces unmoving.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Breathing hard, Sholgra looked down at the remains of the tree man as the moonlight faded away from her staff. “Thanks for the follow-up,” she said. “You’re pretty good with your blade.” The orc then gathered up some bits of the tree-man and headed back to the campsite.

After putting away the remains in her bag, she took notice of Zwarr. While a bit hesitant, she knew that his kind, despite their dubious origins, weren’t necessarily evil. Somewhat wary, she approached Dirk and whispered to him, “is he friendly?” as she looked between him and the Tiefling bard.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Valira smiled at Sholgra's compliment as she followed her back to camp, curious why she decided to gather up the remains of the tree creature but trusting her judgement.

''You are most welcome and thank you, you're not so bad yourself with your staff.''

As she too noticed Zwarr, she gave him an appraising look up and down. An ostentatious fellow clearly, as Tieflings were wont to be (she had heard from reputation, this was her first time meeting one in person) but considering that Dirk was fine, whatever had attacked him was in pieces and that the stranger wasn't making any threatening moves, her instincts told her there was no danger here.

''I take it you assisted our friend Dirk mister....?

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Zwarr watched, a pair of women came sauntering up. One was an incredibly curvy elf, and the other a powerfully built orc.

Last edited:

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
“Hah! That’s right, run!”

With the monster no longer in sight, Dirk threw his makeshift torch to the ground and stamped out the flames. He looked up at Zwarr and nodded.

“Well, I’d say that went a lot better than it could have, thanks to you!”

He waved at his companions as they returned.

“Hey, guys! You just missed the excitement! I don’t know who this fellow is, but he helped me chase off a monster attack just now, so I reckon he’s an okay sort.” Even if he does look like he’s come for our souls. "So, you two are done 'relieving' your issue, I take it?"

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Sholgra smirked. “You seem a lot more happy than usual,” she said. “You’re usually are a bit more professional than this.”

As he asked about her relief, she nodded. “Well, besides the tree man we killed together, it went alright,” she explained. “I decided to collect some of his bits and put them in my satchel in case they could be used for a potion, although personally I don’t really know anyone who can do that around here.”

Negasonic100

Jul 6, 2022
Once he was sure the danger had past he turned to the two ladies and gave a small bow, "Allow me to introduce myself, perhaps you've heard of me... I've been making my rounds as of late... I am Zwarr Metal, The Minstrel of 'Metal' and Heir to The Duke. heh" He said laughing at his own little joke.

"So what are you all doing in these woods, eh?" He said as he set his axe down and leaned on it's handle.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''I can't say I have heard of you mister Metal but we thank you for the assistance nonetheless! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I am Valira Aurum, knight of Ashara, and these are my companions, Sholgra, priestess of Seluna, and Dirk O' Malley, an adventurer of great experience. We are on a quest to rescue the fair princess Charlotte who has been kidnapped by a foul dragon. We could always use more hands towards that goal and I think you've proven your worth quite handily. Would you care to join us? The rewards will be great, should you care about such things of course.''

Valira found the Tiefling a bit arrogant and ostentatious but he was clearly not a bad soul and was charming in his own roguish way. Both devilishly handsome (no pun intended) and skilled at the musical arts, she surmised that he was quite used to talking his way into the skirts of many a maiden.

Negasonic100

Jul 6, 2022
"Rescue the princess? Hell yeah! I was writing a song about that, hell yeah I'll help... what better way to rocket myself to top then to rescue a princess~. Who knows... she might even be a fan~" He said stroking his chin as he thought about it all. "Looks like you folks lucked out that I came along when I did. heh." Yeah... he had an ego, but despite it and his 'demonic' appearance there were clear hints of him being a good person.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''Splendid! We are happy to have you on board, even if your reasons for doing so are a tad self serving. It appears fortune is indeed smiling upon us!''

Valira said this with a slight sniff and a genuine smile, meaning no disrespect and intending no offence.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Aside from the excitement of the morning, the rest of the day passed in relative tranquility, aside from their boisterous new companion. The most startling thing occurred just as the sun was beginning to set. As they pressed on through the meager trail, stone walls suddenly loomed out of the thick threes. It was a ruin, the remains of some fort, or outpost. Little remained of it, save for a few crumbling walls, and a single guard tower. It might make a good campsite, or they could press on to try and find something else.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''Assuming we don't find anything untoward, I suggest we stop and make camp here for the night. After all it is at least somewhat defensible despite its shoddy condition. What say you all?''

Valira said all of this as her horse Mara whinnied, clearly tired and eager for rest.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
(I meant to ask if Zwarr had a horse of his own, but the scene transitioned before I was able to)

“Fine by me. Want to take bets on whether or not it’s haunted?” said Dirk jokingly as he dismounted. This ride had been much easier than the first one: he could actually feel his legs, though he almost wished he didn't.

”I think I'll check the tower first, if anyone wants to come with."

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''After everything we've seen so far, errant spirits would not be that shocking.''

Valira said this with a chuckle as she too dismounted her horse.

''I will gladly join you, we wouldn't want you getting ambushed again now would we? It will give us a chance to get better acquainted as well''

Valira stated while shooting Dirk a friendly smile.

Negasonic100

Jul 6, 2022
(Oh that would be an issue, I was thinking Zwarr does not have a horse, seeing as he literally walked up on the scene. so we can assume if there's room one of you gave him a ride.)

"man, gotta mark down this place... this tower... right setup... make a killer concert spot. I'll scout around the tower's base. If you guys hear this..." He said giving a wicked guitar solo, "That means I'm in trouble or found something possibly important.."

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
(I'll say that Valira allowed him to ride with her)

''A unique choice of venue, but I suppose it is rather.... atmospheric? Please be careful and we shall come indeed come running if we here your strange yet oddly catchy music!''

Valira smiled warmly at Zwarr, a bit confused by him but grateful for his assistance nonetheless.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Dirk raised an eyebrow at the guitar riff, but refrained from commenting. The man was unlike any minstrel he’d ever heard of, and it was going to take some getting used to. “I guess that leaves the walls to you, Sholgra, unless you decide to stay with the horses.”

To Valira he nodded and said, “Alright, let’s go.” And keep an eye out for blowdarts. Wouldn't want you getting ambushed again, either.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
''We shouldn't take long, if you do decide to check out the walls Sholgra the horses should keep while you do so''

Valira then nodded to Dirk in reply, keeping her hand on the scabbard of her sword as she walked ahead of him hips swaying, unintentionally showing off her large rear end. She wasn't about to get caught unawares again, that incident with the blowdart had been humiliating enough on its own, let alone where it had hit her.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Dirk and Valira made their way up the stairs that ringed the tower's insides. From ground level to the top, there were four floors. The ground floor was empty save for a few piles of leaves and sticks. The next two floors up were clearly guard rooms, though any furnishings they might have housed had long since rotted away, or been looted. The top floor was where things got interesting. This was a living space, and had clearly been lived in recently. A writing desk with parchment and ink sat next to a small bookcase packed with tombs, A wardrobe and couch were placed near a vanity with a large central mirror, and finally a large fourposter bed dominated the one wall, with a large oak chest at the foot of it. Dust, and rot were nonexistent, clearly this was someone's home.

Zwarr circled the base of the tower, lazily; it wasn't terribly large. The structure was old, that was obvious, but the trails leading away from it were not. Three trails to be precise, lead away from the tower and into the nearby woods, and if he strained his ears, he thought he could hear a waterfall off in the direction that one of them headed.

While Sholgra set about securing the horses, she doubted that the place was haunted. Not only would the animals be in a fit if it was, but she would have gotten some form of spiritual feeling if it was the case. All in all, this leg of the journey had been rather peaceful compared to the hassle at the entrance to the forest. Aside from that one spell she had used to strengthen her staff, she hadn't even needed to call on her deity's power today.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Looking around the room, Valira was both delighted to be in a ''civilized'' living space for the first time in a while and confused. Who in the world would be living in such a strange place? The surrounding structure was in ruins and yet this room was clearly consistently occupied and well maintained. Assuming they met the occupant and that they were not hostile, she would have to apologize on their behalf for entering their quarters without permission, as unintentional as she and Dirks ''invasion'' was.

''Well it appears this place is not as abandoned as we first thought eh Dirk?''

Valira said as she picked one of the dusty tomes off the bookcase, reading the cover aloud.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
“Yeah, It’s interesting all right, but does it really qualify as untoward?” He walked over to the oak chest and examined it curiously. The fact that they were trespassing didn’t bother him. After all, if the owner hadn’t wanted intruders, they should have locked their stairs.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
'Mira Dean, and the Seven Salacious Centaurs' was the title of the book she chose. There was even a picture on the cover, depicting a curvy human girl sitting on a couch, with seven centaurs standing behind her, looking down hungrily.

For his part, Dirk found the chest to be unlocked, and popping the lid for a quick peek revealed an assortment of women's garments; shirts, skirts, corsets, and boots. Most of them made of polished black leather.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Valira spluttered slightly at both the title and the cover, clearing her throat and putting the book back on the shelf.

''Not particularly no, assuming whoever occupies this room doesn't return and object violently to our presence here that is. I first assumed they were some sort of scholar, perhaps a wizard but judging by the contents of this bookshelf and the items of clothing you just found that seems..... unlikely....''

Valira shot Dirk a small smile.

''As much as I hesitate to sleep in another's bed without permission, I suppose we could make use of it ourselves for the night. Better a warm bed than a bedroll or in your case the cold hard ground. Although obviously it would not be able to fit all of us. If you desire you could take it for yourself, as much as I crave to sleep in such a comparatively luxurious way I would gladly let you do so instead. I would suggest we ahem share, purely platonically of course, but I know that you would not be comfortable with such a proposition.''

Valira let her words fly out of her soft lips while running a finger through her hair, looking a tad sheepish. She didn't want to offend Dirk or make him uncomfortable.

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
Dirk considered the evidence before them. He may have been inexperienced, but he wasn’t naïve.

Shiny black leather, blatantly racy literature, overly large bed. Okay, I think we can rule out ‘band of outlaws’ and ‘ghost wizard’. Given what we’ve found so far I’d say what we have here is a fucking pervert. Hey! If I’m right, then I guess you two'll get along n-

WHAT did she just say!?

He froze at her suggestion, and his brow began to sweat. “Y-yeah, I don’t, um… that seems…” No, keep cool. Dirk O’Malley would not get flustered like this!

He cleared his throat. “Seems like a bad idea for any of us to sleep here. I mean, just look at this!” Dirk ran a finger over the surface of the oak chest and showed it to her. “No dust! Someone is actively living here, and they might not be pleased to find someone else using their bedsheets.”

By the look of things, they'd probably be ecstatic, but that’s not the point here.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Coming in after readying the horses, Sholgra said, “well, maybe this person knows how to mix potions,” as she looked at Dirk. “Which I think would be really useful since we are far from any settlements. Did you think about that?”

Kalnath

Mar 5, 2021
He jumped slightly at Sholgra’s sudden entrance. As he then turned to look up at her, a sense of relief washed over him. Intentionally or no, she had presented a welcome redirection of the subject.

“I hadn’t, in fact, and you raise a very good point. All the more reason not to offend them, whoever they are.” He shrugged. “Just my opinion, but I think we should settle for one of the lower floors for now, and maybe bring up the subject with our ‘host’ whenever they return.”

Why am I like this? Why is it so hard to just say ‘yes’?

“If you guys want to risk using the room tonight, I won’t stop you, but I won’t encourage you, either.”

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Valira considered Dirk's reasoning. She wasn't offended by his refusal of her offer (although she had for a moment thought he looked rather flushed) and he did bring up a good point. It would be rude of them to sleep in another's bed without permission, even if it was unlikely that they would return for the night. Sholgra's point only further reinforced Dirks, which sounded more and more reasonable the more she thought about it. Besides, the idea of sleeping in a strangers bed without their permission went against her sense of manners and propriety. She had only suggested the idea because it would probably be safer not to mention more comfortable.

''You make an excellent point Dirk and I agree. It wouldn't be proper and beyond simple manners, as our orcish friend points out, it would be potentially beneficial to the group. We shall use one of the lower floors, if that is amenable to you as well Sholgra?''