Summertime SAGA v0.08b Alpha - 11/5/2016

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Who is the trap?
Well if you read the interview, DarkCookie says the trap is someone who is already in the game, but refers to them as "she", meaning they're already a trap and aren't a male character who's going to start cross-dressing (dispelling any lingering possibilities that it could be Kevin). Based on the designs of the existing female characters, there's really only one possible candidate for who it could be if you think about it logically (alright, I GUESS I might be Liu Wang, but I seriously doubt it).

Obviously, it's Eve.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
Well if you read the interview, DarkCookie says the trap is someone who is already in the game, but refers to them as "she", meaning they're already a trap and aren't a male character who's going to start cross-dressing (dispelling any lingering possibilities that it could be Kevin). Based on the designs of the existing female characters, there's really only one possible candidate for who it could be if you think about it logically (alright, I GUESS I might be Liu Wang, but I seriously doubt it).

Obviously, it's Eve.

DC has said before that it isn't Eve 'cause that would be too obvious.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
DC has said before that it isn't Eve 'cause that would be too obvious.
He did? Well... I'm kinda stumped then. It was too obvious because I literally can't conceive anyone else it could possibly be, unless it IS Liu Wang. Or MAYBE Veronica or Yumi, but they're such minor characters. It could possibly be Coach Bridget or the Nun if she's stuffing her bra REAL hard. But I find those equally unlikely.

I mean it can't be Mia, Judith, Annie, Ronda, Lopez, Martinez, Roxxy, Helen, Jane, Cassie, Ivy, Josephine, Maria, Tatiana, Principal Smith, Erik's Mom, Ms Bisette, or Anna. Frankly, I don't care what he said, unless he was lying about the character already being in the game or is going to retcon the design of an existing character (or has gotten "trap" confused with "pre-op transexual"), Eve is still the only real candidate. And frankly, there's nothing inherently WRONG with a twist being "too obvious"; "RxL=J" still had a lot of impact even though almost everyone had worked it out already, and you know how much trouble DC got in when they first changed the twist of Captain Atom being Monarch to something totally stupid (Hawk, one of the heroes who COULDN'T be Monarch), just because it leaked.

Guess there's only one way to find out then, and that's to wait and see.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Character list

Why can't it be Martinez? Only her boobs were flashed in the shower so unlike Lopez there is no visual confirmation of her biology. Considering how small her chest is compared to many of the other female characters in the game it seems like an odd choice for Lopez to pull down her towel... unless pulling up her towel would have revealed a surprise.:eyepop:

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
He did? Well... I'm kinda stumped then. It was too obvious because I literally can't conceive anyone else it could possibly be, unless it IS Liu Wang. Or MAYBE Veronica or Yumi, but they're such minor characters. It could possibly be Coach Bridget or the Nun if she's stuffing her bra REAL hard. But I find those equally unlikely.

I mean it can't be Mia, Judith, Annie, Ronda, Lopez, Martinez, Roxxy, Helen, Jane, Cassie, Ivy, Josephine, Maria, Tatiana, Principal Smith, Erik's Mom, Ms Bisette, or Anna. Frankly, I don't care what he said, unless he was lying about the character already being in the game or is going to retcon the design of an existing character (or has gotten "trap" confused with "pre-op transexual"), Eve is still the only real candidate. And frankly, there's nothing inherently WRONG with a twist being "too obvious"; "RxL=J" still had a lot of impact even though almost everyone had worked it out already, and you know how much trouble DC got in when they first changed the twist of Captain Atom being Monarch to something totally stupid (Hawk, one of the heroes who COULDN'T be Monarch), just because it leaked.

Guess there's only one way to find out then, and that's to wait and see.

DC has said the trap was already in the game for a LONG time now, since around the time of version .07 or .08 I believe, so any characters introduced after that like the Nun or Helen aren't options either. He's been particularly tight lipped about this aspect of the game, so it's been a big mystery for awhile. It's why one of the pieces graffiti on the toilet stall wall is "the trap is a lie" (the graffiti was based on picarto chat suggestions).

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Why can't it be Martinez? Only her boobs were flashed in the shower so unlike Lopez there is no visual confirmation of her biology. Considering how small her chest is compared to many of the other female characters in the game it seems like an odd choice for Lopez to pull down her towel... unless pulling up her towel would have revealed a surprise.:eyepop:
You mean Lopez; Martinez is the one who shows her pussy. Frankly that would make me wonder how Lopez would manage to shower at all without giving away her secret, plus the fact that Martinez mentions "everyone's seen 'em" about her tits suggests she's kind of a slut, which would probably make her transgenderism common knowledge. And frankly I find the idea that Martinez would be fine with her best friend being a trap kind of weird for such a bitchy character. No, I'm quite sure we can rule Lopez out as well as Martinez. Probably isn't Veronica either, as he didn't even seem to initially be planning to give her character ANY development beyond a simple name.

Takeda

May 21, 2016
Saves get corrupted in v.12.10 win

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/map.rpy", line 70, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 82, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 89, in <module>
_init_language()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 76, in _init_language
renpy.change_language(language)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 268, in prepare_screen
File "game/screens.rpy", line 268, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 269, in prepare
File "game/screens.rpy", line 277, in prepare
File "renpy/common/00preferences.rpy", line 397, in Preference
rv = get()
File "renpy/common/00preferences.rpy", line 225, in get
return FieldValue(_preferences, "text_cps", range=200, max_is_zero=True, style="slider")
File "renpy/common/00barvalues.rpy", line 246, in __init__
step = max(range / 10, 1)
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
_init_language()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 577, in change_language
renpy.style.rebuild() # @UndefinedVariable
File "renpy/style.pyx", line 786, in renpy.style.rebuild (gen\renpy.style.c:12440)
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 848, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<screen language>", line 277, in <module>
rv = get()
return FieldValue(_preferences, "text_cps", range=200, max_is_zero=True, style="slider")

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SummertimeSaga 0.12.10

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
Saves get corrupted in v.12.10 win

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python:
_init_language()
rv = get()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
_init_language()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 577, in change_language
renpy.style.rebuild() # @UndefinedVariable
File "renpy/style.pyx", line 786, in renpy.style.rebuild (gen\renpy.style.c:12440)
renpy.display.screen.prepare_screens()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 848, in prepare_screens
s.ast.prepare_screen()
File "H:\69. Games Library\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\SummertimeSaga-12.10-win\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "<screen language>", line 277, in <module>
rv = get()

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
SummertimeSaga 0.12.10

Were you using a save from an old version? 'Cause that can cause problems. It's best to start a new game with each version.

Takeda

May 21, 2016
Were you using a save from an old version? 'Cause that can cause problems. It's best to start a new game with each version.
No the game was the same version with the save. In normal mode no the cheat one and happened after doing the most of the game.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
No the game was the same version with the save. In normal mode no the cheat one and happened after doing the most of the game.

Looks like something you should report to the team then, since DC doesn't really visit this thread anymore (as he no longer has the time to maintain the thread). You can find a way to contact them as will as a link to the discord server here: https://summertimesaga.com

merthaz

Nov 12, 2016
"Summertime SAGA v0.08b Alpha - 11/5/2016"
The title makes it seem like this game is out of date/dead...
Imagine my surprise to find out it's actually still being updated, lol...
Either I'm just stupid or the title here is misleading.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
"Summertime SAGA v0.08b Alpha - 11/5/2016"
The title makes it seem like this game is out of date/dead...
Imagine my surprise to find out it's actually still being updated, lol...
Either I'm just stupid or the title here is misleading.

DC is just too busy now to maintain every thread related to the game.

JakelEst

Oct 3, 2016
Because it wasn't there the first build the attic was introduced, and what little was there was unfinished content that couldn't be used? Or maybe because the Sister's request indicates there's a cheerleading costume available at Pink even though the only costume there is the same cow costume the aunt gets? The quest line itself isn't perfect, but I don't think the attic is so hard to find as to be the problem. I'm pretty sure if you're checking the garage for useful stuff it's pretty easy to find the stool which mentions it being used to reach the attic door. I had the cheerleading outfit long before I needed it, or even knew what it would be used for, because I've built up the habit of grabbing everything that could potentially be useful in a game. Had I not it would be easy to forget it's up there given the lack of content for that area.

Of course any hint about the cheerleading outfit would mention the attic and fix both problems, I just don't agree that the attic being hard to find is a real issue currently nor the primary reason people can't find the outfit. People will have to buy the handcuffs anyways, so a simple solution would be to have an inner monologue at Pink where the MC says something like "I don't see any cheerleading outfits here, I bet her old uniform is still in the attic." I also think prompts to go to the Gym would be great since it's not always easy to tell if you've seen all her scenes.

I last played at januari i think, but at this update i accidently found cheerleader costume and attic almost at the start of the game, without talking to sister once. Later found out its for sister quest.

Drew_Peacock

Feb 9, 2017
Question when I do the option for the Sister I get those two options for the first one she goes on saying that I am pervert so on and so on until she says not right now and to leave her room I went to Master I asked to train with him he tells me I can learn nothing more and I should go to see who gave me the panties before. I am in cheat mode though but I just don't have my previous save and I don't want to start all the way to the begin again. If I have to then I will and also I have noticed when the Sister is in the shower I don't get the option to peek it just says "Leave". Also if it helps I am on the 0.12 Alpha version upload_2017-7-2_20-51-32.png

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Question when I do the option for the Sister I get those two options for the first one she goes on saying that I am pervert so on and so on until she says not right now and to leave her room I went to Master I asked to train with him he tells me I can learn nothing more and I should go to see who gave me the panties before. I am in cheat mode though but I just don't have my previous save and I don't want to start all the way to the begin again. If I have to then I will and also I have noticed when the Sister is in the shower I don't get the option to peek it just says "Leave". Also if it helps I am on the 0.12 Alpha version

You basically have to start at the beginning. Be sure to go home a lot and work your relationship with your mother up. Each time you get a scene with the sister you haven't encountered before (at least this play through) head to the gym. IF you've gotten all her scenes at that relationship level there will be an automatic cutscene involving Master Somrack who will make a new demand. There doesn't seem to be any shortcut for this process even in cheat mode.

And, looking at the Patreon page there's a fix for "sister path block" in the .12.7 hotfix update, so it's also possible you've run into a bug.

Osamandias

Jul 21, 2017
What i am missing? I play android version of the game and i can't peek sister in shower. I tried without cheats and it didn't work either.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Can't turn in Assignment 2 due to the girls blocking the showers in 0.13.

Intended?

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Can't turn in Assignment 2 due to the girls blocking the showers in 0.13.

Intended?
You have to get your charisma up high enough to get past them. Oddly, you do this NOT by being charismatic. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but hey, at least there's finally a use for charisma.

Not really that worth the bother, though, assignment 3 is still incomplete. Although you do get to see Roxy naked.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Worked in earlier versions (scared them away with my stench), but not in 0.13 with max charisma.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Works doing it normally and not via Cheat mode.

Good going DarkCookie, game has progressed quite well!

Keep up the good work!

Fogel

May 2, 2016
Worked for me in cheat, but I still had to get the charisma through the normal way (though I could cheat that minigame to built it)

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Didn't work for me in cheat-mode, but worked for me normally.

Worked for me. I used cheat mode to skip the minigame but still made sure to max out my stats. Cheat mode might work better if it just used the skip feature to make it easier to raise stats than by making stats unnecessary.

Hellmonkey

Jul 25, 2016
Mine isn't progressing any at all. I looked at the walkthrough and a lot of the events won't pop. Do I just need to stat grind?

Nevermind I just noticed I'm several versions behind. I used the download link in the first post which is out of date. So updated now. Anyone know whether I'll have to start over or it'll keep my save file?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Mine isn't progressing any at all. I looked at the walkthrough and a lot of the events won't pop. Do I just need to stat grind?

Nevermind I just noticed I'm several versions behind. I used the download link in the first post which is out of date. So updated now. Anyone know whether I'll have to start over or it'll keep my save file?

Start over. Old saves are rarely compatible with new versions, and the version in the first post is waaay behind.

Reactions: Hellmonkey

Takeda

May 21, 2016
Maybe there is a bug with Kevin in 13.1 version as you meet him and wants someone to replace him after although you meet Erik in his house giving him the card and the game he doesn't appear in the cafeteria to replace Kevin so you can't be trained in the gym.