Summertime SAGA v0.08b Alpha - 11/5/2016

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016

d4ZM3Qf.png

Story:

Set in a small suburban town, a young man finishing up High school and soon enlisting into College is struck by the death of his father.
Mysterious circumstances surrounding the death are only the beginning of his problems as he learns that his family is in dept to a group of shady criminals.
Adding to the list of problems, our young hero needs to save enough money before his College semester begins and find a date for his prom night!

Gameplay:

- Visual Novel story progression
- Dating sim stat and quest progression
- Enhanced experience through cut scenes and mini games
- Powered by Renpy Engine

Type of content & Fetishes:

- Incest M/S & B/S
- Milf
- Voyeurism
- Impregnation
- Breastfeeding
- Milking
- Mild BDSM
- Spanking
- Vanilla M/F
- Vanilla M/M
- Anal
- Monster Girl
- Group MM/F & FF/M
- Trap
- Public Sex
- Nurse
- Latex
- Librarian
- Glasses
- Toys
- Gloryhole
- Muscle Girl
- Exhibitionism

Planned features:

- 3 Main plot quests to complete
- Mini games that help you further progress in the game
- Active map to explore
- 20+ locations to visit
- Many characters to interact with
- Inventory system
- Stats, energy and monetary system
- Triggered hardcore adult scenes with options
- Potential universe expansions when the town development is completed

Ingame screenshots:

Intro sequence screenshot!

cEkrMS1.jpg

Town map with locations!

QmTkBWR.jpg

Ingame dialogue!

PN9NR4n.jpg

Ingame dialogue!

4dx1CCM.jpg

Latest release: 11/5/2016

Download link to version 0.08b Alpha (160MB - windows only):
DOWNLOAD HERE

If you want to help the ongoing development of this game, please visit the PATREON PAGE where you can pledge and support the creator!

This is the very first Alpha release so there's not a ton of content yet but I'm planning on keeping regular updates

so hopefully this become a more fleshed out and enjoyable experience!

Thank you!

Oqkj0OL.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mu6best

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
quick quiz; pairings?  Fetishes?  I'm assuming that it's M/F only?

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016
quick quiz; pairings?  Fetishes?  I'm assuming that it's M/F only?

Hey thanks for the quiz - you're right and I should probably include that info my 1st post..

I added a " Type of content & Fetishes: " section that should define the game a bit more!

Type of content & Fetishes:

- Incest M&S
- Voyeurism
- Impregnation
- Breastfeeding, Milking
- Mild BDSM, Spanking
- Vanilla M/F
- Monster Girl
- Group MM/F
- Futa
- Public
- Nurse, Latex
- Librarian, Glasses
- Toys

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This seems rather glitchy right now.  After going to the school, the school seemed to constantly exist in the background when opening up other screens like the map and house hallway.

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
This seems rather glitchy right now.  After going to the school, the school seemed to constantly exist in the background when opening up other screens like the map and house hallway.

Did you find content in the school? all i got was, 'content not yet added'

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016

Did you find content in the school? all i got was, 'content not yet added'

Hey guys! The school only has 3 empty location for this first release but by next week i should have the next update up with all characters added. The "Aunt's house" will be added also! Thanks for the feedback!

kyleamus2

May 31, 2016
Is there going to be any M/M pairings? The list you added stated Group M/M but not if there would be any Basic M/M

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
You've managed to hit quite a few of my fetishes, but the school glitch and lack of content really does nothing to make me interested in the game.  I'll give it another try around when .20 rolls around.

Master

May 23, 2016
Looks really good. I've got a few problems with patreon right now, but as soons as their fixed I'll look into pledging.

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Glitchy and very bare bones atm, I'll need to see a little bit more of the game and for it to actually work to a reasonable level before I can consider pledging something like this, because I don't know you as a developer, but it certainly looks interesting

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016
Is there going to be any M/M pairings? The list you added stated Group M/M but not if there would be any Basic M/M

I've been thinking about it and there's some ideas I just need to find a good way to fit into the story. If I'm to add straight M/M scenes I want them to make sense/matter a bit at least - and not thrown in for the sake of it. So there's M/F/M right now, some M/Futa but no M/M just yet planned (though I have 1 or 2 areas where I think it may be added). I'll update the scope of the game as things get added/removed.

You've managed to hit quite a few of my fetishes, but the school glitch and lack of content really does nothing to make me interested in the game.  I'll give it another try around when .20 rolls around.

I'd suggest to come back in 2-3 releases if that's the case. So that some of the main plot lines get further along and more meaningful. This was the first alpha release so it may require bit of time to get a more polished package.

This seems interesting, but needs further work. Fix the glitches!

I'm working on it! ; )

Looks cool...

Thanks!

I like the art style!!! 3 thumbs up!!

Triple thanks!

Looks really good. I've got a few problems with patreon right now, but as soons as their fixed I'll look into pledging.

I appreciate it!

Glitchy and very bare bones atm, I'll need to see a little bit more of the game and for it to actually work to a reasonable level before I can consider pledging something like this, because I don't know you as a developer, but it certainly looks interesting

I agree and fully understand! Hopefully yo can get your hands on a future release and get a better feel for it! =

kyleamus2

May 31, 2016
I've been thinking about it and there's some ideas I just need to find a good way to fit into the story. If I'm to add straight M/M scenes I want them to make sense/matter a bit at least - and not thrown in for the sake of it. So there's M/F/M right now, some M/Futa but no M/M just yet planned (though I have 1 or 2 areas where I think it may be added). I'll update the scope of the game as things get added/removed.

I'd suggest to come back in 2-3 releases if that's the case. So that some of the main plot lines get further along and more meaningful. This was the first alpha release so it may require bit of time to get a more polished package.

I'm working on it! ; )

Thanks!

Triple thanks!

I appreciate it!

I agree and fully understand! Hopefully yo can get your hands on a future release and get a better feel for it! =

Thanks for the reply!

Ryancsh

Aug 25, 2016
So Firstly, this game looks very very great and I am so looking forward to updates (I might even be supporting this in the future dependant on if the quality stays the same level.)

The only thing I can say is that I would really really like an M/M element in the game (and possibly even for a future romance). I, of course, understand that this is not planned and that it is your game. I also think that it would be bad show to just put it in for the sake of putting it in. That's why I would suggest having two or three as romance options (maybe in even later updates so that you can get into the game what you want first)

I'm just thinking that it would help broaden out the audience for a game like this. (also would get me really really interested in it.)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Very pleasant on the eyes. A lovely crisp design and the artstyle is charming. Looking forward to this one.

LoKFan

Aug 26, 2016
So Firstly, this game looks very very great and I am so looking forward to updates (I might even be supporting this in the future dependant on if the quality stays the same level.)

The only thing I can say is that I would really really like an M/M element in the game (and possibly even for a future romance). I, of course, understand that this is not planned and that it is your game. I also think that it would be bad show to just put it in for the sake of putting it in. That's why I would suggest having two or three as romance options (maybe in even later updates so that you can get into the game what you want first)

I'm just thinking that it would help broaden out the audience for a game like this. (also would get me really really interested in it.)

I have to say that I am not into M/M myself so having it as an option would be better IMO or maybe have it as a group thing. No offense meant by that at all, I don't like G/G either it just looks weird to me lol.

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016

Hey Ryancsh,

Since my last post I've been thinking of options and there will be some M/M options that will tie in with the story!

Very pleasant on the eyes. A lovely crisp design and the artstyle is charming. Looking forward to this one.

Thanks for the compliments!

I have to say that I am not into M/M myself so having it as an option would be better IMO or maybe have it as a group thing. No offense meant by that at all, I don't like G/G either it just looks weird to me lol.

All adult scenes/options are optional - you can skip them and go one with the main story and other character ventures.

Ryancsh

Aug 25, 2016
Hey Ryancsh,

Since my last post I've been thinking of options and there will be some M/M options that will tie in with the story!

All adult scenes/options are optional - you can skip them and go one with the main story and other character ventures.

Awesome!!!!! You're art is soo cool this makes me so happy!

I fully agree with the optional thing. I don't like when any sex scenes are shoved at me so I am all in for optional! :D

HuWatWenY

Aug 27, 2016
This look really promising!

Someone already raised that, after going to school, every other scene (like meeting mum in the corridor or using the telescope) shows you the school hall

Also, when you click on the shower, it should say 'peek' instead of 'peak'.

Other than that, really looking forward to this. Great work so far :D

Miscellaneous Forum Viewer

Apr 6, 2016
Are there any sorta customization options planned for the player? Mainly I'm just wondering if there'll be a way to make him less of a scrawny fellow with a bad haircut. I don't know if there's a fitness stat but that sorta thing. I think I could enjoy the game just fine without it, I'm just curious. I'd like the idea of him starting out like that and improving over time but I don't know what you've got planned. Now, I don't mean a protein-machine muscle monster but some muscle and tone could be a neat addition.

I'd play either way but that's my two cents.

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016
This look really promising!

Someone already raised that, after going to school, every other scene (like meeting mum in the corridor or using the telescope) shows you the school hall

Also, when you click on the shower, it should say 'peek' instead of 'peak'.

Other than that, really looking forward to this. Great work so far :D

Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the typo ;)

Are there any sorta customization options planned for the player? Mainly I'm just wondering if there'll be a way to make him less of a scrawny fellow with a bad haircut. I don't know if there's a fitness stat but that sorta thing. I think I could enjoy the game just fine without it, I'm just curious. I'd like the idea of him starting out like that and improving over time but I don't know what you've got planned. Now, I don't mean a protein-machine muscle monster but some muscle and tone could be a neat addition.

I'd play either way but that's my two cents.

Yeah I've thought about doing something like this - the only problem is time. I'd have to rework the hundreds of poses/expressions/sequences with a different version of the main character.

In other words, If one day I have the time for it I would do it. Thanks for the feedback!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just released a new Summertime Saga version which adds some new content and introduces the player to new characters! 

There are no added hardcore scenes yet so you can hold out until later version if that's what you're waiting for. Until then you can check out the new introduced characters and stories!

Download link to version 0.02 Alpha in the main post (66.7MB - windows only)

Changelog:

• Introduction to 8 new characters (76 poses/facial expressions)
  • New quick menu (still WIP)
  • New settings menu (still WIP)
  • Added basic backpack interface
  • Added basic cellphone interface
  • Added characters in the school background to add life
  • Some location modifications
  • Added location unlocking popups/system
  • Added camera FX (Shake and Blur)
  • Fixed the screen artefact bugs
  • Fixed some typos

Known bugs:

• Settings menu has bugs
  • Unlocked locations not always accurately displayed
  • Save/Load not yet properly implemented

Enjoy!

art926

Sep 8, 2015
The visual style, art is incredibly good and entertaining. Very high quality. I'm really looking forward to see m/m added there. Hope it's going to be something crazy and mind blowing. Like, a new macho-friend who promises the main hero to teach how to deal with girls, then invites him to a club. And that appears to be a gay club... Then makes the main hero drunk and it all ends with a crazy orgy, haha! ))) Ask me, and I'll give you hundreds more of such ideas! )

DarkCookie

Aug 18, 2016
The visual style, art is incredibly good and entertaining. Very high quality. I'm really looking forward to see m/m added there. Hope it's going to be something crazy and mind blowing. Like, a new macho-friend who promises the main hero to teach how to deal with girls, then invites him to a club. And that appears to be a gay club... Then makes the main hero drunk and it all ends with a crazy orgy, haha! ))) Ask me, and I'll give you hundreds more of such ideas! )

Haha alright, not bad! There's going to be a few M/M story arcs the player can embark on and I'll keep this in mind. There will be brainstorming sessions about what happens throughout those.

waxolotl

Aug 29, 2016
Hi,

Love the style of the game and have high hope for it.

If I may suggest that you develop first a few "route" in depth then add more in the future I think it'll help engage people more than developping every route equally. I hope you understood what I meant and that you (and the rest of your audience) agree..

Keep up the good work :)

qerqu

Aug 30, 2016
this game seems greate, but it doesnt seem to work...

i can only go to school and to my house and there is no saving option or anything to do besides going to the gym\class.

is this a glitch or am i just stupid?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
this game seems greate, but it doesnt seem to work...

i can only go to school and to my house and there is no saving option or anything to do besides going to the gym\class.

is this a glitch or am i just stupid?

There isn't much content to it at the moment. More like a tech demo, at present.