So would you wanna live there or what?

Backwoods

May 2, 2016
Seattle, WA
Given that the UGC is a corporate-ruled shitheap, I'd defect to the Anatae in a heartbeat. Cheerful space-commies seem like a pleasant alternative to rampant piracy and corporate slavery.

That being said, the possibilities that transformatives could offer make it hard to pass up a chance to at least visit. A chance at one's dream body, without the invasiveness of modern surgery? A chance at reproductively-viable gender-transition? A chance at a long life free from disease (perhaps even mental illness?) A chance at making furries a reality?

Shit, the TiTS-verse is a far cry from 'ideal,' but that's a lot of good to pass up for the sake of comfort, y'know? If I had to pick between staying here or goin' forever, I'd pack my bags. The possibility of having kids, of curing my depression, is too good to pass by.

((Fuck the UGC, though.))

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
I would hate to live in a world that is effectivly ruled by big companies all trying to slit each others throat for that extra dolar... but the real world we live in is basically that anyway. At least in TITS I could have a litteral horsecock. Plus perfected 3d printing tech. Good enough for me.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Writer, coder, AND biologist!? Is there nothing you can't do?!?!

No, seriously, I'm not a coder, I don't know how to code, never studied coding. I'm just good at picking things up I guess, I understand the code and can modify it, but if you give me a blank page and told me to code something, I wouldn't know where to begin with.

Ellipsis

Dec 5, 2015
Sure, just send me to New Texas, stick me with that Treatment medpen and I'm good to go. Doesn't even matter to me which variant I wind up with.

Dreadful123

Aug 10, 2017
~
As thejuice said, if I was my Steele (an 11 foot tall, muscular sharky maleherm), then yeah, I would.

But as a mere 18 year old human girl, I don't think that TiTS would be very... Habitable, especially NT :'D

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Unless the transition comes with halfway decent credentials and skill/training necessary for a decent, sustainable job on Tarvos / New Canada, i'll pass.

sea

Dec 23, 2016
To be a rusher you need a fast and durable ship,and have an arsenal that would make a vault hunter cream their pants.any of the former I do not have,and would mostly put me into heavy debt if I were to try to get it.Basicly I would only go if I had lots of guns and a good ship(Or I had TITSed;))

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
A lot of people are assuming that you'd be a rusher.

To be fair, that's the only job most of us have gotten an in depth look at when it comes to the world of TiTs.

The real job everyone would take, assuming they were sent on a one-way trip to the future, would be as a living fossil. I would imagine most of us know enough about our own time, that we could sell what we know about the past for money. I mean from what I could tell during that trip with Anno to Deck 13, memory of the US and co is very fuzzy for most people as is. I'm sure our existence would make thousands of historians cream their pants, and they'd gladly pay us a living wage to work for them.

Outside of that, I can't see any of us being worth shit at any job, education wise we're all probably as out of touch as the random natives that get uplifted during the Rush's are. Literally anyone is more knowledgeable about how the galaxy functions than us, so we wouldn't be hired to do anything worth a damn outside of the history gig I mentioned.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
To be fair, that's the only job most of us have gotten an in depth look at when it comes to the world of TiTs.

The real job everyone would take, assuming they were sent on a one-way trip to the future, would be as a living fossil. I would imagine most of us know enough about our own time, that we could sell what we know about the past for money. I mean from what I could tell during that trip with Anno to Deck 13, memory of the US and co is very fuzzy for most people as is. I'm sure our existence would make thousands of historians cream their pants, and they'd gladly pay us a living wage to work for them.

Outside of that, I can't see any of us being worth shit at any job, education wise we're all probably as out of touch as the random natives that get uplifted during the Rush's are. Literally anyone is more knowledgeable about how the galaxy functions than us, so we wouldn't be hired to do anything worth a damn outside of the history gig I mentioned.

There are basic jobs that don't require any particular skill, that's always a thing that won't change. You don't really need to know about anything to mop floors or deliver packages and there is always the military and peacekeepers. You can do those basic jobs while you bring yourself up to speed with all the modern stuff.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
There are basic jobs that don't require any particular skill, that's always a thing that won't change. You don't really need to know about anything to mop floors or deliver packages and there is always the military and peacekeepers. You can do those basic jobs while you bring yourself up to speed with all the modern stuff.

Basic jobs are already semi-automated /now/, imagine over a thousand years in the future. Besides, you probably have literally zero work experiance that is relevant to such low-level jobs, and you don't know how pretty much anything functions since you're still playing catch-up. A teenager is probably more skilled and capable than any of us would be in such a situation, and would likely be hired if the choice was between the two.

Also military requires a citizenship, as far as we know based off the OP, we might have no documents. So we're basically an illegal immigrant, with no education, a walking bio-hazard (due to the ancient bacteria and viruses in us), and a whole host of other issues (like no bank account). Unless specified otherwise, I simply don't see how anyone from the 21st century could get a job, without having to resort to relying on the government or academic institutions for help.

To put it in perspective, take a peasant from the middle ages, and see how well they integrate into 21st century society on their own.

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016

I operated under the assumption that we'd be given the relevant info for the world, as if we had already lived here. A reincarnation as opposed to a traveler, if that makes sense. Even if we had no knowledge, though, as long as we're on a core world we could educate ourselves while in the homeless shelter system and get ourselves a neat little job off the books doing something a big company can't be arsed to pay full price for. Works IRL.

Either way, most members of a military that isn't actively engaged in warfare never see any action, so join up there so people ask less questions about your origins. Follow the rules, do as you're told, and fast track to a role in something like infrastructure or disaster relief. Play your cards right and you'll be have connections and people who will vouch for you despite your dubious origins. Take it easy and live the normie life in the background of society.

(unless you get to bring TiTSEd. if you do, set you level to something like 10,000, max your stats, take OP perks/status effects and start planet busting. be sure to turn yourself into a white and purple ovir without boobs, and start your own army to occupy territories you take over. gas the simii.)

I never knew how much I wanted a silly mode encounter between a bald, flat chested, white ovir and a blonde simii before now. Bonus if there's a short simii in the background complaining about carrots.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Basic jobs are already semi-automated /now/, imagine over a thousand years in the future. Besides, you probably have literally zero work experiance that is relevant to such low-level jobs, and you don't know how pretty much anything functions since you're still playing catch-up. A teenager is probably more skilled and capable than any of us would be in such a situation, and would likely be hired if the choice was between the two.

Also military requires a citizenship, as far as we know based off the OP, we might have no documents. So we're basically an illegal immigrant, with no education, a walking bio-hazard (due to the ancient bacteria and viruses in us), and a whole host of other issues (like no bank account). Unless specified otherwise, I simply don't see how anyone from the 21st century could get a job, without having to resort to relying on the government or academic institutions for help.

To put it in perspective, take a peasant from the middle ages, and see how well they integrate into 21st century society on their own.

There are examples of aboriginals with basic stone age tech integrating in modern society, I don't think it would be a problem. Of course you'll have to rely on the government, if you're a time traveler the first thing you should do is go to the nearest government thingie you can find.

I highly doubt you'll be a walking biohazard, not with modern technology, even if someone a middle age peasant infected with bubonic plague and a lot of other stuff were to magically teleport to our time, it wouldn't take much for us to cure him with modern medicine, keep in mind that those bacteria are old and not used to antibiotics at all.

Viruses work in sci-fi by sheer magic really, there is no way you can be infected by an alien virus, hell it's already a miracle to get infected by a non-human virus at all. Viruses are incredibly species specific, those which can cross the inter-species barrier are usually viruses from animals that had lived with us for millennia.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShySquare

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure it's less humanity and more "corporations that happen to be run and staffed by (some) humans" that are the galactic superpowers.

Reactions: ShySquare

TFMaster

>What if we literally could transport our real selves to TiTS

Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Wubba lubba dub dub!

Of course I can travel to the TiTS universe since I have the technology to do so I have a mother fucking portal gun! I probably shouldn't bring Morty along with me though that universe is WAY too mature for him, although he has gone on all kinds of zany adventures with me before so maybe he'll be fine.

All silliness aside you guys seem to be missing something. If one were to go to the TiTS universe they could just meet up with Steele and join their crew or just hang out. Seeing as how there are so many people who play this game there are probably lots of different Steeles in lots of different universes that are all different, Steeles that look different, act different, and that have done different things, giggity.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Oh wow I'm really impressed by all the detailed responses this lil thread of mine has gotten very cool!

As for me I would definitely be about living in this universe why? Because the idea traveling through space is extremely tantalizing especially because I'll never get to do it in my real life and my potential sires will probably never have that opportunity as well so I would jump at the opportunity even if the Tits world is a bit of a sex crazed hellscape. If I did go to that world I would mod myself so that I resemble my avatar while keeping my hidden manhood of course. Then I would get a Nyra, Naleen and a Milodan priestess together and raise up a couple monstrosities

Of course that would be a little difficult if I was transported there as I am. I was wondering though do you think the human government might decide to uplift you since you would be quite the oddity?
For those on the fence about it what if you could transport your consciousness into your Steele just after he/she accepted their grand quest effectively becoming them while retaining all of their skill and potential would you do it then?

Chiromishi

Aug 9, 2017
I was wondering though do you think the human government might decide to uplift you since you would be quite the oddity?
You'd actually need some sort of proof that you are someone from the past sent into the future roughly about a thousand years. Convincing them of this would be extremely difficult, unless your being sent to the future was documented in history. So unless you can take your birth certificate or some other kind of proof of your past, you're S.O.L.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You'd actually need some sort of proof that you are someone from the past sent into the future roughly about a thousand years. Convincing them of this would be extremely difficult, unless your being sent to the future was documented in history. So unless you can take your birth certificate or some other kind of proof of your past, you're S.O.L.
Depending on their records, a simple blood test should be more than enough.

ralanr

Nov 27, 2015
Probably not.

I do not have the capabilities to actually survive in a planet rush situation, let alone thrive. I'd probably end up as someone's slave, and despite my many fantasies that is not something I would actually like.

Though not gonna lie, living in a world with herms and mods like that would be interesting.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017

You are proof enough, all they need to do is carbon date you.

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
I probably wouldn't touch mods other than non-sexual ones, e.g. ones that would improve my vision, retain youth, etc.

It all depends on how you get there.
If you get to Uveto or some such without any money and no ship, you might be stuck there for quite a while.

I could probably spend the rest of my days quite merrily on Myrellion though