So would you wanna live there or what?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Definitely a negative view on most mods, especially if you're an Ausar. It's fine if you want to change your dick or vagina for something a little more exotic, but you will face discrimination or worse if you decide to go for something more extreme like a full canine appearance, like Emmy tells you.

@NotYouNorI is right that it's a corporate dystopia. Steele is just lucky enough to be someone in the highest social strata. They won't necessarily see the worst of it.

Chiromishi

Aug 9, 2017
Steele is just lucky enough to be someone in the highest social strata. They won't necessarily see the worst of it.
We should be glad we're not on the bottom of the barrel of the social construct, who knows how people would feel if you started the game as just a random bloke instead of Steele.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
We should be glad we're not on the bottom of the barrel of the social construct, who knows how people would feel if you started the game as just a random bloke instead of Steele.
I don't see how the game's format and much of it's current content would work or adapt to such a thing, as I don't think it would be all that fun playing a rusher without tricky vic's post-death safety net.

Playing some random motherfucker who just lives in the TiTS verse, perhaps in a game more styled after some massive bastardization of Sims, would be fun.

Chiromishi

Aug 9, 2017
I don't see how the game's format and much of it's current content would work or adapt to such a thing, as I don't think it would be all that fun playing a rusher without tricky vic's post-death safety net.
Well, I figured the whole story would be different were you some random person.
Playing some random motherfucker who just lives in the TiTS verse, perhaps in a game more styled after some massive bastardization of Sims, would be fun.
Indeed it sounds fun, luckily Savin is making a TiTS tabletop rulebook, though I am unsure how far its rules extend to. Could be fun playing a random shmuck.

Reactions: Primename

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I would personally prefer not being tied to SteeleTech and Victor. That and the multiplayer aspect, especially with my friends' builds, have really drawn me to the TiTS tabletop idea.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Didn't Embry's folks have something against her being trans?

Pops burned the dress Embry made while momma cried.

So... not supportive. That story made me fork over a 5k tip. And put a little sand in my eyes.

As for living there? Err... I'm not sure how I'd feel having a face full of alien wing wong. If I was lucky, I'd be some female Ausar's lap pet. That'd be cool.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
How Terran of them.

If I remember correctly their species was a result of a Terran experiment... wonder if the eggheads in charge left them a 'guide' to civilization. Not someone from the Church of the One God, but something er... closeminded...? Is that a enough of a walking on eggshells statement? Going to have to read up on their codex.

I feel weird about Embry. I want her to be happy, but I don't want her to feel indebted to me, so I never take it further. Like when I paid off Yammi's or Reaha's contracts, I didn't think I'd get them on my crew. o.o

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
From the codex:

"They are traditional in nature, and very resistant to cultural influence. [...] Family ties run deep, and being a simii outcast is the worst form of punishment [...] very strict gender roles. This has lead to a number of dissatisfied simii youths finding their way into galactic society, trying to change their lot in life."

Other than that, I won't repeat myself.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"They are traditional in nature, and very resistant to cultural influence. [...] Family ties run deep, and being a rural outcast is the worst form of punishment [...] very strict gender roles. This has lead to a number of dissatisfied rural youths finding their way into urban society, trying to change their lot in life."
If only I could find some kind of blatantly obvious parallel...

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
If only I could find some kind of blatantly obvious parallel...

Well now you're being crazy, because we all know that there is no kind of parallel to that kind of situation.
giphy.gif

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Given that around 95% of the population is female/female-looking, the answer would be a resounding no. The galaxy seems to have turned too female-centric over the centuries.

The fully anthro TF's are still be a temptation, tho. Still, they seem quite expensive. Given that I'm a bit neurotic about money, that's not a good thing. (In high school, I usually transcripted, manually of course, over 10 pages of text to prevent speding $0.25 on photocopies).

Money would be a temptation for getting me on the Rush, but as said, being stuck with XX century English, and not having nanomachines or genetic improvements don't play on my favor. Still, since I don't mind working with shady corporations (unlike most people), I'll gladly support any of them on plundering new-discovered planets, but most of time, as a frontier version of your average boring stuff (paperwork, security, etc) or as direct support of a corporate crew. Or, I could hit the gyms, ignore the airheads, and slowly (very slowly) but sure, try my luck out there.

But still, if I could turn back after getting my body improvements and full TF stuff, I'll do in a hearbeat. The big, cold space isn't a nice place to live.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Given that around 95% of the population is female/female-looking, the answer would be a resounding no. The galaxy seems to have turned too female-centric over the centuries.
I want to assume that's just the part we see :allears:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
lack of m/m content
So much for straight females and bisexual males!
This reminds me of the many times I thought of what would I do in CoC's Mareth and having had thoughts of keeping Ceraph as a shapeshifting fuckbuddy, bringing the minitaur son, a hellhound companion and the musical satyr to the camp or asking Lottie or Ro'gar whether they could be so kind of letting me meet with guys their own race.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Given that around 95% of the population is female/female-looking,
There are plenty of male/masculine characters mentioned in the background and not interactable. Except for Myrellion which IS actually like 85% female/feminine because that's how the myr and nyrea are.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The only race that really bucks the general female-centric ratio, that is also important on the galactic stage, is the Anatae. I don't think we've even met a female one yet, all the ones I can remember were male, and from what I remember a lot of male-heavy races have congregated under Anatae sovereignty. So their turf is where all the men have gone, if you want a lot of men go live in the Anatae Empire, their rather less-corporate focused governing policies already make them a good choice for other reasons too.

Sorel

Jul 23, 2017
I would like to go in the TITSverse just for testing the TF you can't have in game like multiarm, the galotian endless shapes, I would surely work for some TF company and work for improving TF and not having relatively random result.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
their rather less-corporate focused governing policies already make them a good choice for other reasons too.
Not sure they sound all that much better. Replacing Plutocracy with Imperial governance and militarism is more of a side-grade, in my opinion.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
Neither of them would be perfect that's for sure, but isn't that why people become mercenaries, space truckers, smugglers etc. so they don't have to stick to one place all the time. Even more so when you are the captain of your own ship as at that point you have the closest thing to legitimate freedom possible.

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Not sure they sound all that much better. Replacing Plutocracy with Imperial governance and militarism is more of a side-grade, in my opinion.

While normally true, the Anatae thankfully seem to have a real focus on good social policies, as seen by their efforts to liberate the Fhan'i from slavery to the Kalabast and also making sure both species got along on a more equitable level. Their militarism is more to insure that their communities stay safe, not to bully people around them for stuff. From what I understand, as long as you're not a criminal, and you just wanna live a normal life, Anatae society doesn't really care and will do its best to keep you out of harms way. Certainly more effort than the U.G.C. would put it, that's for sure.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
While normally true, the Anatae thankfully seem to have a real focus on good social policies, as seen by their efforts to liberate the Fhan'i from slavery to the Kalabast and also making sure both species got along on a more equitable level. Their militarism is more to insure that their communities stay safe, not to bully people around them for stuff. From what I understand, as long as you're not a criminal, and you just wanna live a normal life, Anatae society doesn't really care and will do its best to keep you out of harms way.
That's a fair point.

Certainly more effort than the U.G.C. would put it, that's for sure.
The U.G.C. is a confederacy after all, I'm sure local authorities do most of the legwork when it comes to domestic issues. Kinda like the EU. Unless they're (UNATCO) all in the pockets of some evil MegaCorp (VersaLife), or shady shadow government (Majestic 12).

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
The only race that really bucks the general female-centric ratio, that is also important on the galactic stage, is the Anatae. I don't think we've even met a female one yet, all the ones I can remember were male, and from what I remember a lot of male-heavy races have congregated under Anatae sovereignty. So their turf is where all the men have gone, if you want a lot of men go live in the Anatae Empire, their rather less-corporate focused governing policies already make them a good choice for other reasons too.
There's also Semith's race, forgot what they're called, but they no longer have females.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I mean I could just take a bunch of Ausar Treats and not care if I ended up full Ausar [though I'd rather have furless limbs] my main fear would be feminizing TFs and not growing boober or a vagoober.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I mean I could just take a bunch of Ausar Treats and not care if I ended up full Ausar [though I'd rather have furless limbs] my main fear would be feminizing TFs and not growing boober or a vagoober.
So you wanna take a lot of Estrobloom?