Sex and Sex Again - Text based choose-your-own-adventure game

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
You're a fine writer, friend. If I have to make another complaint, I'd say it's a bit annoying to have to hop through the same dialog path albeit in a different order to maybe get a dramatically different response - it'd be hellaciously annoying without the forward/back feature, even. As much as I appreciate the different versions of Kelly, for example, such as when you are precious siblings and then cuddle-hump her inadvertently, or she's a blow job machine throughout the day or you take every opportunity to hump like rabbits and finish inside her - all those still have the same lead up for the events of the day, often only changing midway through the page. Kinda leads to recognizing a page and then skimming the rest to see if anythings different.

Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, I understand your complaints about Kelly. There are technical and creative reasons for why I chose to make her this way. I think because she's the last one I worked on, I got a lot more structural with her. I knew that I wanted the morning events to set her into a certain state for the rest of the day. I bottle necked the Kevin-Judy and Kevin-Abby content, (Judy in the afternoon and Abby in the morning), because they're more conflicted/less friendly about having sex with you and thus made it more diverse/dynamic. I wanted to make it kind of hard to screw it up with Kelly and because of my time frame, I did not have enough time to flush out tangent options for her, (there are a few). But yes, it does get quite wordy and recycled there. I will keep your words in mind though because if you noticed it, then it may be a problem later on.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
Even though it's a specific choices with Kelly are a bit arcane at times, like MT said, I really like it. You can definitely see how she might progress down different paths depending on how you take her through the day.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Just tried the new update (textadventure version), and already found a 'bug':

1. Abby's route

-- Propositioned her, declined her, explained yourself, go with her, [repeat bug] where if you click stick with them(first option) it repeats itself, but the choices swaps. It flows again afterwards, but there isn't any need for the repeat.
Also, there were some typos while I was playing, like 'two' instead' of 'too', 'oh' instead of 'on' and such, I might try to make a note of it, but would be annoying since I'll have to explain how to get to it -- might want to label the pages, like Abby-10 or something, for quick referencing.

Ps. I'll be editing this post as I find more.

Last edited by a moderator:

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Just tried the new update (textadventure version), and already found a 'bug':

1. Abby's route

Hidden Content

Also, there were some typos while I was playing, like 'two' instead' of 'too', 'oh' instead of 'on' and such, I might try to make a note of it, but would be annoying since I'll have to explain how to get to it -- might want to label the pages, like Abby-10 or something, for quick referencing.

Ps. I'll be editing this post as I find more.

Yeah, I found this and a couple more things. Thank you for pointing them out, but at the current moment, the game needs work done on so many areas that I'm not concerned about the typos. And I do name the pages, it's just something convoluted, like: P1MAAbbyA1AskSexDeclineExplainSelfGoWith. I just don't want the player to know what path they're on and hide the page name. The current links lead you to the right path, it just doubles up for some reason.

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
I was going to wait until a little longer to post up the survey, but I figured that whoever hasn't played it just isn't interested in it. It's a minimalist survey with poorly constructed questions. It would have been a lot easier if I wasn't going to change the game again, but all things things are pointing in that direction. So here it is:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WBFRLGX

If you're interested and you've played the game, answer the survey to give me some feedback.

If you haven't been following the blog, I'm thinking about reworking the game and the more I work on it, the more plausible it all seems. I'm going to try and get a system up and running within the next few weeks. I'll then incorporate some of the content that's already there into the new system and push out yet another alpha version. It's quite a journey, but honestly, really fun.

Looking forward to your survey answers!

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Why do you want to rework it?

You're posting on a site who has had users rework their submissions again and again for literal years without ever coming close to completing it, just on some weird whimsy "oh god it could be BETTER" thought. Go through with what you've got. Write text, the game set up is not exactly important unless it's directly interfering with your ability to text it up.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
I honestly agree. Even more so, I could see the game continuing on to completion with just the family being expanded upon into further days and not the rest of the neighborhood. Of course it's yours to write and you've been doing a great job of it so far, so I'm in no mind to meddle. Just one man's opinion.

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Why do you want to rework it?

You're posting on a site who has had users rework their submissions again and again for literal years without ever coming close to completing it, just on some weird whimsy "oh god it could be BETTER" thought. Go through with what you've got. Write text, the game set up is not exactly important unless it's directly interfering with your ability to text it up.

It's mainly because I spent months writing what was already there and it could be read too quickly. Plus, in it's current state, it's just passages leading to passages with no IF conditions to show new material, meaning that I'll need to piece it together page by page, rather than including a small line of code that changes the outcome. Just consider the Kevin-Kelly story line, and how all 3 of them are so similar. If I had some code down, I would not have needed to build 3 separate branches that would individually branch out; I would only need to build one with conditional differences. So in a way, yes it is sort of interfering/annoying. And I know that Phase 2 would be a logistical nightmare without coding. Two separate stories with either an 8 or 5 inch penis; so conditions are completely required then.

I am currently just messing around with some coding right now and seeing how I can rework the game. If it doesn't work out, I'll incorporate what I've learned into the current game and just include coding there. But, it's especially hard because of my weekend time restraints and the fact that anything I want to do has to be done over 2-3 days a week.

Poriazel

Oct 28, 2015
I hope this redesign doesn't mean the sex scenes will be automatically generated. I liked how they fit with the story and how well written they were. In general I'm worried that the game might become more "mechanical" and lose most of its charm. :(

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
I hope this redesign doesn't mean the sex scenes will be automatically generated. I liked how they fit with the story and how well written they were. In general I'm worried that the game might become more "mechanical" and lose most of its charm. :(

No, nothing like that. I'm trying to keep a lot of the charm I had in the original writing and doing it this way adds quite a bit of variation to it. Before, if you wanted to do doggy style or something, it would go something like Doggy>SpeedUp>GrabBreasts>CumInside. Now, it will be more like Doggy>(your choice of usually 3 interactions and one back out action, so SpeedUp,GrabBreasts,GoSteady,Rest)>If you rest and the sex you have is consensual, you recover some points and can switch positions if it's available>Cowgirl>(3 choices or rest)>IF condition that determines if you're at an orgasmic peak, go to "OrgasmPage">Decide where you want to orgasm>Can you continue? If yes, choose another position, if not, end. It may seem more mechanical this way, but it doesn't exactly read like it because there are variations with every action. And then, of course, the doggy/missionary/cowgirl stuff is only if you have sex with a certain person at a certain time. If you're in public, for example, the sex scene and variations changes accordingly.

As someone pointed out to me once, they liked the writing because it was point to point. That's sort of my intention; to keep everything point to point with how you're feeling, what you're looking at, what you've noticed. I know it's not the best way to write, but I believe it realistically describes how a person experiences events, or at least it works well enough for a second person point of view story. I hope that explains it.

Titus

Aug 30, 2015
No, nothing like that. I'm trying to keep a lot of the charm I had in the original writing and doing it this way adds quite a bit of variation to it. Before, if you wanted to do doggy style or something, it would go something like Doggy>SpeedUp>GrabBreasts>CumInside. Now, it will be more like Doggy>(your choice of usually 3 interactions and one back out action, so SpeedUp,GrabBreasts,GoSteady,Rest)>If you rest and the sex you have is consensual, you recover some points and can switch positions if it's available>Cowgirl>(3 choices or rest)>IF condition that determines if you're at an orgasmic peak, go to "OrgasmPage">Decide where you want to orgasm>Can you continue? If yes, choose another position, if not, end. It may seem more mechanical this way, but it doesn't exactly read like it because there are variations with every action. And then, of course, the doggy/missionary/cowgirl stuff is only if you have sex with a certain person at a certain time. If you're in public, for example, the sex scene and variations changes accordingly.

As someone pointed out to me once, they liked the writing because it was point to point. That's sort of my intention; to keep everything point to point with how you're feeling, what you're looking at, what you've noticed. I know it's not the best way to write, but I believe it realistically describes how a person experiences events, or at least it works well enough for a second person point of view story. I hope that explains it.

Still working on this? I've had my eye on this since the very first release.

rotor

Oct 3, 2015
The last post on his blog was in January, which isn't much better. A pity, I was quite looking forward to this.