Sex and Sex Again - Text based choose-your-own-adventure game

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Hello,

My name is IcarusDragon and I am currently working on a text based, second person, choose-your-own-adventure game. For the latest information, check out: http://www.icarusdragon.blogspot.com

It's been in development for some time now, but this is the first time I've tried to release it. Although it's nowherre near completion, I'd like some feedback on what others think. You can play it here at:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/synyax_wje6ktsxfheue2q/sex-and-sex-again-alpha-ver-002

**Update** October 11th, 2015:

Play the new Alpha ver.002 at the link above or download it here at MediaFire or Mega.nz. I don't know if editing the first post will bump the forum, so I'll post my content in a new post.

**Update** 11, September 2015

As someone pointed out, I am the same writer and this is the same story as Marmota Nights, found on editthis.info. Editthis became increasingly hard to work with so I spent my time getting it onto Quest, thinking it'll be easier. I am now, switching it over again to Twine and will have an alpha version out on that within a few weeks. For the meantime, I'll redirect you to the editthis page. Although it's slow sometimes, you'll be able to tab and better navigate the (even more) incomplete story.

http://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Marmota_Nights

It's based around the idea of reliving the same day over and over again and your sexual escapades. I'm currently working on this as a sort of hobby, but would like to do it full time. You can check out and follow me at icarusdragon.blogspot.com for more information. As a disclaimer, the gam eis very incomplete and I've been told, frustrating. If you'll put up with it, check it out and tell me what you think. It's been in development for about a year now and although it's not anywhere close to where I'd like it to be, I'm opening it up as an Alpha version. It's themes include but are not limited to fantasy, time travel, consensual sex, incest, rape, prostitution, domination, submission, extreme forms of sex, role playing, anal sex and whatever else I can think of. *The story with Judy is the most complete one.

What's done:

- There's currently 300 written pages of story line, mostly focusing on Kevin (the main character).

- Roughly 90-100 pages are integrated into the game already.

- Kelly's (the female character) story with the family is in the works. Her outside interactions will be variations of Kevin's day.

What's planned:

- Full interactive world that doesn't limit to you incest (but incest will remain a heavy theme)

- Neighbors, friends, school mates, teachers, strangers as possible sexual partners.

- 4 different phases, opening up more and more interactions (as you relive the day over and over)

What's taking so long:

- I am a perfectionist.

- I write myself into corners and struggle to write good scenes.

-Too many options.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWielder

Aug 29, 2015
Well, you've got my attention. The premise is interesting enough, and your writing style isn't bad, either.

Quick question - I poked around a bit but didn't find any sex scenes. Have any been integrated yet?

Reinhart

Sep 9, 2015
Your basic concept has a lot of promise and sounds interesting, although the premise is of course a classic AIF set-up. You're already aware of this, but I need to emphasize that you're taking on way too much right now. I'd recommend not worrying at all about the playable female character until you get a semblance of actual playability for the male. It's definitely a noble and great concept to want to provide the player with as unbounded as possible, but giving so much choice to the player comes at the cost of your sanity, peace of mind, and ironically the experience of playing the game itself. I'd suggest making a road-map that sets up an enjoyable if curtailed experience in the near future—if you're getting positive feedback and players are getting a concrete example of what your work looks like, you'll get a lot more positive feelings and feedback.

EDIT: Moving to Twine is very wise. Making people register to access the game is a pretty big hurdle, and Twine's a great platform.

Aligator

Sep 10, 2015
Ok... I've played a little bit of this game and I feel I have to mention this.

You said this is your first time trying to release it. Are you sure? Because I find it very similar to Marmota Nights, a unfinished text adventure I've played before. You might be saying that this is your first time converting it to a game and all, which would make sense, but still, I have to ask... are you the creator of MN?

LFox

Aug 27, 2015
It's an nice start and I'd be interested in seeing more.  Unless there's some technical reason you're using what you are I'd suggest switching to Twine it's very easy to use and it should handle what you want well, if you use the sugarcube version it comes with a built in save/load system which you'll probably want for a game like yours.  It'll also be a lot less annoying for people to play as they won't need to sign up to a website and set their age.  I think your biggest issue right now is you have A LOT of dead ends, it's probably best to have the option visible but without a link to them signifying it will be there in the future but it's not ready yet.  As it is now it's just infuriating since there doesn't seem to be a back button of any sort so you keep having to restart.

Yamemai

Sep 4, 2015
Just started and found a bug/glitch

-- Male - Kelly's route - When you talk -- Trying to 'Play it off' leads to some kind of hand/blow-job scene

There are also so typos and grammar mistakes, just I didn't really pay attention to, but there was a major one where it says 9 instead of what it should be, 8.

Anyways, I agree with the others;

1. I recommend you focus on one 'route' at a time, since it'll be easier, and you can just switch to another if you get bored/tired/etc of it, to come back later.

2. Should change 'dead ends' so we don't have to start from the beginning again.

@Alligator, just checked your link, and it's not just similar, character names are the same, and most of the scenes are too, so most likely, they are the same person

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Ok... I've played a little bit of this game and I feel I have to mention this.

You said this is your first time trying to release it. Are you sure? Because I find it very similar to Marmota Nights, a unfinished text adventure I've played before. You might be saying that this is your first time converting it to a game and all, which would make sense, but still, I have to ask... are you the creator of MN?

Yes, that was me. I was inspired by some of the stories I read there and started to work on my own. I posted it there but didn't get much traction, plus organization on editthis.info is not very friendly once you get up to the hundred pages. I stopped updating and I worked on getting it out through various ways: building my own engine, using Quest, etc. I held off on releasing it until now because I didn't want it to be incomplete. I know, it still is, but less so than it would have been. And Marmota Nights was a mouthful, so I changed it. Honestly, I didn't expect anyone to have read MN or referenced it. Good eye!

Just started and found a bug/glitch

-- Male - Kelly's route - When you talk -- Trying to 'Play it off' leads to some kind of hand/blow-job scene

There are also so typos and grammar mistakes, just I didn't really pay attention to, but there was a major one where it says 9 instead of what it should be, 8.

Anyways, I agree with the others;

1. I recommend you focus on one 'route' at a time, since it'll be easier, and you can just switch to another if you get bored/tired/etc of it, to come back later.

2. Should change 'dead ends' so we don't have to start from the beginning again.

@Alligator, just checked your link, and it's not just similar, character names are the same, and most of the scenes are too, so most likely, they are the same person

Yeah, there are a lot of typo's, incorrect usage of verb tense and incorrect routes. I thought Quest would be preferable to Twine at a certain point and went with it instead. I'm going to build the game from the ground up with Twine, so that should fix a lot of issues with all that. Like with most written works, it'll be near impossible to have everything perfect, but once I get the Twine version up and running, I'll open it up for bug reporting.

Aligator

Sep 10, 2015
Yes, that was me. I was inspired by some of the stories I read there and started to work on my own. I posted it there but didn't get much traction, plus organization on editthis.info is not very friendly once you get up to the hundred pages. I stopped updating and I worked on getting it out through various ways: building my own engine, using Quest, etc. I held off on releasing it until now because I didn't want it to be incomplete. I know, it still is, but less so than it would have been. And Marmota Nights was a mouthful, so I changed it. Honestly, I didn't expect anyone to have read MN or referenced it. Good eye!

Of course I've read MN, it is my freakin' favorite choose-your-own-adventure story! I played this version yersterday, and there's really much more content here - Freddie, the father, whole new segments with the mother. I'm lovin' it so far! Please, do keep up the great work!

Jak743

Aug 30, 2015
Only thing I would say is that I wish you could make a customise character rather than what's chosen.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
It's fun but becomes frustrating when you hit so many dead ends.  Blank pages or a lack of options, usually on the second day or after tagging along with someone for their day, seem to show up for every path right now.  Since this does seem to happen before or during most of the sex scenes this makes trying to explore paths difficult and unfulfilling (then there's the need to refresh the page to restart the game every time a dead end pops up).  I definitely like the idea and the writing is good, but I'll wait until more has been added before I try again.

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
The writing is really great on this game, and the prospect of eventual corruption/reality alteration with this level of quality is very exciting. I hope you have a prolific run!

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, the lack of a back button is pretty miserable. I keep feeling like there is content here I'm missing because it takes so long to re--navigate through all the pages.

PlacentaSalad

Sep 20, 2015
There's really not that much available as of right now but it's still an interesting game so far with some quality writing to it. It could very well turn out to be much better than that TF game, Masculine Mystique, that is rarely updated now unfortunately. I'm looking forward to upcoming updates, especially those involving Abby and the path where you fail to or choose not to get revenge on her for bullying you so that you instead remain in a 'lowly' position in her presence.

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Hello, and thank you for your feedback. To answer some questions:

Only thing I would say is that I wish you could make a customise character rather than what's chosen.

I can understand your sentiments, but to keep my sanity intact and to keep the writing strong, this will be how the game is played. Someone mentioned that the ability to rename the player character would be greatly appreciated and I may integrate that into the story at a later date, but how your character is will most likely not change.

It's fun but becomes frustrating when you hit so many dead ends.  Blank pages or a lack of options, usually on the second day or after tagging along with someone for their day, seem to show up for every path right now.  Since this does seem to happen before or during most of the sex scenes this makes trying to explore paths difficult and unfulfilling (then there's the need to refresh the page to restart the game every time a dead end pops up).  I definitely like the idea and the writing is good, but I'll wait until more has been added before I try again.

You won't need to wait too long. I already have the story close to where it is now. I am currently working on getting the Kevin-Abby and Kevin-Kelly story in for the next release. I am ignoring world building interactions for the sake of finishing in a timely manner, and I will only move on to the second day when the first day is complete because the story builds on itself.

Yeah, the lack of a back button is pretty miserable. I keep feeling like there is content here I'm missing because it takes so long to re--navigate through all the pages.

Yes, there will be a back button in the Twine release. I'd like to point out though, that once the game is released on a fuller level, the back button may be removed again. It's meant to be played over and over because that's how Kevin is reliving the day. I can understand some annoyance with going back for the variations in sex scenes but I believe it'll make the secret variations that much more juicy to find.

There's really not that much available as of right now but it's still an interesting game so far with some quality writing to it. It could very well turn out to be much better than that TF game, Masculine Mystique, that is rarely updated now unfortunately. I'm looking forward to upcoming updates, especially those involving Abby and the path where you fail to or choose not to get revenge on her for bullying you so that you instead remain in a 'lowly' position in her presence.
Hehe, I am glad you picked up on that and will always be happy to discuss my reasoning behind characters... Kevin's relationship with every female in his family is different. He hates Abby, has a nice mother-son relationship with Judy and an unspoken connection with Kelly. His relationship with Abby is abusive at best, but Abby's not all bad. She's just written that way. ;D I think it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with all of them differently.

Thank you once again! I know it may sound like I'm repeating myself, but coming back every few days and seeing feedback, whether it's positive or negative keeps me motivated. If things go according to plan, it'll just be two more weeks for the next release!

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Hello everyone! To generate some interest in my game again, I am going to post this here:

I was hoping to release the game this weekend but ran into multiple walls. Game will definitely release this upcoming weekend with about 75% of the Kevin-Judy, Kevin-Abby and Kevin-Kelly content integrated in. I know it's kind of a low percentage, but it IS over 375 pages already. My story statistics is telling me: 148,935 words, 628 passages and 956 links. All of that with only 30% of Kelly's story integrated in.

With that said, I am going to provide two versions of the game. The first one is the Harlowe version of Twine enabling you to press the back button whenever you want. The second one is the SugarCube version, allowing you create save states. They will have their ups and down, but I will let you guys decide on which one to keep or possibly keep both if that's how the tide is turning. Thank you to Leon Arnott (Harlowe) and Thomas Michael Edwards (SugarCube) for their wonderful work developing for Twine. This would not have been possible without their contributions.

I will provide download links on both mediafire and mega.nz along with an uploaded version to textadventures. I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about this upcoming version. Until then!

Bravanger

Aug 26, 2015
Well I for one am very interested; the writing in this game is definitely top-tier. Any hints as to how many days 75% of a storyline takes you through?

higi

Oct 3, 2015
Hello,

My name is IcarusDragon and I am currently working on a text based, second person, choose-your-own-adventure game.

It's been in development for some time now, but this is the first time I've tried to release it. Although it's nowherre near completion, I'd like some feedback on what others think. You can play it here at:

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/play/synyax_wje6ktsxfheue2q

**Update** 11, September 2015

As someone pointed out, I am the same writer and this is the same story as Marmota Nights, found on editthis.info. Editthis became increasingly hard to work with so I spent my time getting it onto Quest, thinking it'll be easier. I am now, switching it over again to Twine and will have an alpha version out on that within a few weeks. For the meantime, I'll redirect you to the editthis page. Although it's slow sometimes, you'll be able to tab and better navigate the (even more) incomplete story.

http://editthis.info/create_your_own_story/Marmota_Nights

It's based around the idea of reliving the same day over and over again and your sexual escapades. I'm currently working on this as a sort of hobby, but would like to do it full time. You can check out and follow me at icarusdragon.blogspot.com for more information. As a disclaimer, the gam eis very incomplete and I've been told, frustrating. If you'll put up with it, check it out and tell me what you think. It's been in development for about a year now and although it's not anywhere close to where I'd like it to be, I'm opening it up as an Alpha version. It's themes include but are not limited to fantasy, time travel, consensual sex, incest, rape, prostitution, domination, submission, extreme forms of sex, role playing, anal sex and whatever else I can think of. *The story with Judy is the most complete one.

What's done:

- There's currently 300 written pages of story line, mostly focusing on Kevin (the main character).

- Roughly 90-100 pages are integrated into the game already.

- Kelly's (the female character) story with the family is in the works. Her outside interactions will be variations of Kevin's day.

What's planned:

- Full interactive world that doesn't limit to you incest (but incest will remain a heavy theme)

- Neighbors, friends, school mates, teachers, strangers as possible sexual partners.

- 4 different phases, opening up more and more interactions (as you relive the day over and over)

What's taking so long:

- I am a perfectionist.

- I write myself into corners and struggle to write good scenes.

-Too many options.

you say this but why is it hard too move the words?.

higi

Oct 3, 2015
What does that mean?

well in the old game it has a ton more words and interactions and I understand those take more time but it's pretty easy to code and set up click links to the way interactions go but they could easily copy words from old one too put into here unless site has problem only problem I found is it gets mad if push it too much for 6 pages or something but it  should take less then like couple hours to do the only real problems is making new content at most when really trying it only took a couple minutes maybe longer too make a perfectly written site for me.

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
well in the old game it has a ton more words and interactions and I understand those take more time but it's pretty easy to code and set up click links to the way interactions go but they could easily copy words from old one too put into here unless site has problem only problem I found is it gets mad if push it too much for 6 pages or something but it  should take less then like couple hours to do the only real problems is making new content at most when really trying it only took a couple minutes maybe longer too make a perfectly written site for me.

I don't really understand the question, but a lot of the hassle with putting everything down is organization. Having 600+ passages floating around becomes a mess to deal with. And yes, there is new content constantly being written and that takes a lot of time. Just focusing on the mentioned relationships, this is already 3-4 times bigger than the original .001 release. I don't know where I left off on the editthis.info version, but I know that the .001 release was more expansive than that. Plus, changing engines and redoing everything three times is not helpful.

Well I for one am very interested; the writing in this game is definitely top-tier. Any hints as to how many days 75% of a storyline takes you through?

It's all just the first day, and the 75% only applies to the interactions between Kevin and his female family members. It's a percentage of a percentage and no where close to what I have planned. The first day should include all of this (at 100%), plus Kevin's interactions with the male members of his family, neighbors, the outside world and what not. Then, double that for the female protagonist to round off the first day off. Only after that, will I move onto the second day. The second day (aka Second Phase) will be bigger and probably double with the option of transformation. The Third Phase (time jump in here) will be even bigger than that and... you get the point.

Let me say now, that there IS an end goal and it IS completely reachable. As I've said before, I've been working on this for over a year with little to no feedback. This is not an easy idea by a fickle writer. This is an ambitious project by an invested mad man. :D

higi

Oct 3, 2015
I don't really understand the question, but a lot of the hassle with putting everything down is organization. Having 600+ passages floating around becomes a mess to deal with. And yes, there is new content constantly being written and that takes a lot of time. Just focusing on the mentioned relationships, this is already 3-4 times bigger than the original .001 release. I don't know where I left off on the editthis.info version, but I know that the .001 release was more expansive than that. Plus, changing engines and redoing everything three times is not helpful.

It's all just the first day, and the 75% only applies to the interactions between Kevin and his female family members. It's a percentage of a percentage and no where close to what I have planned. The first day should include all of this (at 100%), plus Kevin's interactions with the male members of his family, neighbors, the outside world and what not. Then, double that for the female protagonist to round off the first day off. Only after that, will I move onto the second day. The second day (aka Second Phase) will be bigger and probably double with the option of transformation. The Third Phase (time jump in here) will be even bigger than that and... you get the point.

Let me say now, that there IS an end goal and it IS completely reachable. As I've said before, I've been working on this for over a year with little to no feedback. This is not an easy idea by a fickle writer. This is an ambitious project by an invested mad man. :D

well you say that  but the second link which seems older i tested it and then I tested the newer top link there was  difference like not looking at everyone but other then that it missed a ton of what the link that you say it's from had the top link had tons story missing while the one below it didn't have any thing it had missing missing so it's hard too see said thing and that's nice and all but i mean with how you said you are i dont think people want to suggest any thing and even if they could you just said i'm not even done with the first day basically people get more interested if it actually has meat to it all that has been happening is a ton of walls and unfinished interactions that doesn't help position and as said before no one want's to suggest anything because it might extend the story 100 fold before they get it if every other week you had a day and a ton content might spark intrest if could spread it but you're on a site i never heard of till i looked in here with a lot of walls and basically backing your self into a cornor.

and even more then that is well you said moving to twine anouther never heard of till now i understand trying too get good place but you just keep getting you self deeper in problems.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
It's seems to me like higi believes switching from Quest to Twine is a matter of copying and pasting the passages. While that certainty has to be done, the code also has to be converted. That probably means basically redoing everything, just copying the actual text. These games are not books, so there is some stuff in there that tells Twine what to do, and Twine doesn't speak the same language as Quest.

Also, higi, punctuation and capital letters would really help readability a lot. 

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
well you say that  but the second link which seems older i tested it and then I tested the newer top link there was  difference like not looking at everyone but other then that it missed a ton of what the link that you say it's from had the top link had tons story missing while the one below it didn't have any thing it had missing missing so it's hard too see said thing and that's nice and all but i mean with how you said you are i dont think people want to suggest any thing and even if they could you just said i'm not even done with the first day basically people get more interested if it actually has meat to it all that has been happening is a ton of walls and unfinished interactions that doesn't help position and as said before no one want's to suggest anything because it might extend the story 100 fold before they get it if every other week you had a day and a ton content might spark intrest if could spread it but you're on a site i never heard of till i looked in here with a lot of walls and basically backing your self into a cornor.

and even more then that is well you said moving to twine anouther never heard of till now i understand trying too get good place but you just keep getting you self deeper in problems.

I think I get what you're saying now. It took me a while, but I broke your message down. You're saying that the editthis version had more options at the beginning of the day, correct? And that it looks like I took some out. Well, I can say that it wasn't planned out as well at that point. I added a bunch of options that I would eventually get to. After much planning and refinement, I decided to limit your choices during each phase. So, during Phase 1 (the first day), you'll only have access to certain parts of the city and certain places. There is a reasonable explanation for this and that is because Kevin does not remember everything right away. Phase 2 (the second day) will have Kevin remembering more and more places to go and things to do. And to reiterate, I am working this on my free time while juggling a full time job. So really, I only get 1-2 good days in a week and a few hours between sleep and work.

higi

Oct 3, 2015
I think I get what you're saying now. It took me a while, but I broke your message down. You're saying that the editthis version had more options at the beginning of the day, correct? And that it looks like I took some out. Well, I can say that it wasn't planned out as well at that point. I added a bunch of options that I would eventually get to. After much planning and refinement, I decided to limit your choices during each phase. So, during Phase 1 (the first day), you'll only have access to certain parts of the city and certain places. There is a reasonable explanation for this and that is because Kevin does not remember everything right away. Phase 2 (the second day) will have Kevin remembering more and more places to go and things to do. And to reiterate, I am working this on my free time while juggling a full time job. So really, I only get 1-2 good days in a week and a few hours between sleep and work.

Well that is only the first problem you found the second is the one on top has less of the story in it when you choose said options meaning you hit walls much faster.

I would have too say it be better too focus on something like a female member like his twin, sister, or even his mother and just get the whole thing finished for them so that you have some out side the house type stories too help build more, and maybe even stabilize idk just too much in my head.

IcarusDragon

Sep 9, 2015
Hello everyone,

As promised, here it is, Sex and Sex Again Alpha Ver.002. Get it on MediaFire or Mega.nz and play it online at TextAdventures, (first post).

I won't lie to you, rebuilding this game from the ground up over four and a half weekends was pretty hard. I'm unhappy with it's unfinished state, but such is the way of early access. I figure that it'll probably take another 3-4 good weekends in before I completely finish all the male-female(family) content. I don't like taking too long, nor do I like making people wait, so here it is for you to test out.

The most complete are the Kevin-Judy and Kevin-Abby content. I figured out why the Kevin-Kelly stuff was so hard to write: it's the longest one yet. It's at 150 pages and maybe 55% complete, (I should stop giving percentages because I overestimate too much). I'm quite frustrated, really, because I took two weekends on it instead of one to NOT complete her content...

I'm going to take it easy for a week or two and then post up a link to gather a survey and see what people want me to work on next. Currently, I'm taking all suggestions on what I should include in the survey, (like what people want me to finish next) so please give me your thoughts. I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think about this game so far. Thank you and enjoy!

*As a side note, I'm going to post this on reddit. Check out the "The game" tab for links to all that.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
You're a fine writer, friend. If I have to make another complaint, I'd say it's a bit annoying to have to hop through the same dialog path albeit in a different order to maybe get a dramatically different response - it'd be hellaciously annoying without the forward/back feature, even. As much as I appreciate the different versions of Kelly, for example, such as when you are precious siblings and then cuddle-hump her inadvertently, or she's a blow job machine throughout the day or you take every opportunity to hump like rabbits and finish inside her - all those still have the same lead up for the events of the day, often only changing midway through the page. Kinda leads to recognizing a page and then skimming the rest to see if anythings different.