Sagas of Nysa (D&D RP for 3)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Letters would probably be best. Dan, and Rocky, are both pretty eager to sign up with that blackwood guy, they could deliver it to him. That would just leave the others. I would like to have a personal discussion with that Duchess that Asher spoke to. Epona seemed to think she was a good choice for me to sign up with, and maybe I can iron out something a little less mandatory as far as the pumping out kids thing goes; I know that would make Sophie a lot more comfortable about her. She hasn't really been too thrilled by any of the stipulations of the lords we've met so far." Tori paused and looked at Kaelys. "How about you? Any of these people strike you as better than the others?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Looking to her side, Tori found that her elven friend had slipped away without her notice. With a shrug of her shoulders, she decided to head towards the tent of Duchess Dewinter; stopping at a clothing merchant first to pick up a new shirt and pants. She didn't think an informal meeting would warrant anything too fancy, but she figured she could at least wear something a little nicer than her traveling clothes. Reaching the tent that Asher had gone to, she paused at the entrance and regarded the guards. "Pardon me, but is the Duchess taking visitors at the moment?"

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
((How did I not see that reply before? >.< ))

Kaelys had wandered off without meaning to, too many thoughts now compounded on each other inside her mind, when she came to she was alone at the edge of the encampment. She shook her head and tried to reason where Tori would go, they still had a lot to talk. Remembering that Epona had guided the huntress towards the DeWinter, she decided that if she would have to make propositions to the archfey, she might as well try her first.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
The burly gaurds at the tent gestured for Tori to enter. As she was being let in, kealys appeared around the corner to see her enter.
The duchess is pouring her morning tea while sitting on a large throw pillow that is alost dwarfed by her sheer size of generously portioned rump.
"Ah another one of our outlander visitors, i was just talking my morning tea. Please do join me."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Alex________

You find Tilde~ and the other villagers with little difficulty, she specifically is in the process of eating an entire ox, much to the dismay of your coinpurse. You suspect these sudden cravings may be the early signs of a pregnancy.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Tilde... can I ask you something? How have you been feeling ever since you and I had our go? Because the Sidhe I signed up with wants you to be pregnant with a future warrior... it's just so you won't be treated like dirt." She says, walking up next to her.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Well of course it's gonna be a warrior, it's mine after all."
She said breaking the skull open by putting leverage on the horns and greedily eating the tissue inside.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Alex smiles and gently rubs her tummy. "Is it your first one, Tilde? Or have you had children before?"

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher shivers awake poking his head outta his bedroll, he let out a squeaky sneeze before throwing his cloak over himself bringing himself some warmth. Seems he had overslept a bit unusual for Asher yet he hadn't been sleeping much ever since he and many others left Tanuki Village. Asher gathered his equipment and walked around trying to find anyone he had recognized, he wasn't sure but he wanted to make himself useful especially after what happened over the week.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori entered the tent and took a seat across from the Duchess, before scooting over to make room for Kealys. "You must be lady Dewinter?" she asked, as she took in the sight of the tree-woman. Sheesh, and here I thought my ass was big. "I was hoping I could speak to you about a few things."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The elf took her seat right beside Tori. The duchess was indeed a sight to behold and slightly unsettling as well, Kae had to wonder if she would ever get so invested in the pleasures of changing herself she might lose sight of who she was at first.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Tori and Kae________
"yes please by all means, make yourselves at home, I'm an open book. Would you like some tea?"
the duchess inquired pleasantly.

Alex_______________

"Once a while ago, I was younger then, still a hill giant. Were not exactly the nurturing type, once they can fend for themselves their largely left to their own devices. I wonder where she is now...."
she said with a wistful inquisitiveness.

Asher______________

[there are still plenty of attractive people bathing in the spring on a daily basis, whom you can roll to woo, their are various vendors selling transformatives and other nick nacks useful to a go getting 'slayer' of monsters (more like pussy) such as yourself. In case you were curious the group inventory still contains 4 bottles of reptilium, 1 bottle of pantherum, 1 bottle of chiropterum,1 bottle of manticorum, 2 bottles of omnibus elixer,1 bottle of dyrad wine, and 280 gold]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Perhaps you'll meet her again, someday." Alex smiles. "But... I should probably get back to our new benefactor, unless you have something you want?" She asks, before deciding whether or not to leave the feasting troll alone.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Tori took the offered teacup but waited to drink until she saw the douches do so first. "Well, first of all, I was hoping to get a bit of clarification about the stipulation of your contract. In it you said that wanted your subjects to produce a near constant stream of children, I'm curious as to why."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Alex_________
"I might knock your tent over and drag you into the bush later tonight, but theirs nothing right now."

Tori & Kae____

"oh ho ho ho, I don't know about near constant. Just 2 babies a year for every 4 people. And its a polite suggestion, not the law. Since many couplings here in our lands can involve a relations between two herms, or a peoples who birth in litters like the jakalopes its not considered an unreasonable demand. We are quite a fertile people I haven't had a village yet that's had trouble meeting their quota. Besides to bring a new soul into this blessed land of the god's chosen people is one if the greatest acts we can aspire to in life, to let such an opportunity pass without acting upon it would be akin to denying that life. And given the aggressive tribes bordering our lands it seems wise to grow and expand our influence, really its for their sake as much as ours. I'm told slightly less than half your population is only mono-gendered surely it would not be a hard task to make a few more don't you agree?"
she says in a gentle tone before taking a sip from her cup.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Now that's an enticing thought, big girl." She smiles, before leaning in and planting a kiss on her tummy. "Take care of our baby, alright?" She says, before heading back to the Sidhe she pledged herself to (forgot the name).

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The elf shifted on her seating a few times, trying to find a good position. For some reason the Duchess had quite the effect of her and the way they wore speaking of pregnancy and children also weighed on her. "It's an understandable desire, to see one's people flourish but our village has never really imposed a stance on childbirth like that. Everything has always been up to each individual or couple to decide as they see fit or leave it up to nature to do as it wishes." She caressed her own pregnant belly... she would love to be able to hug her child in her arms right now... but soon. "I suppose with enough time and lax enough inquiry, our people should be able to come around to your ladyship's point of view but there is another matter I would like to consult about. The tenuki seek more than employ, my lady, we seek to establish ourselves and thrive and for that, we've been drawing up a proposal for you. This is a free land in which all sidhe are welcome to raise up their tents and come and go as they wish but having to lug around every little piece of commodity is slow and cumbersome. Would it not be better to come with a little gold and enjoy the finest lodgings and services from artisans who spent their lives learning their craft in brewing, cooking, massages, and dare I even say it, organizing the grandest of orgy parties and what is best, right in the middle of the lake in an exotic floating inn?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Well I must say I admire your enterprise. You two are quite the capitalists, I'm lucky you're not making this pitch to blackwood, I dare say the very idea would make him rock hard on the spot. I do rather enjoy the idea of having a more permanent settlement here. I'm given to believe your people have a talent for wood craft? I think I might be willing to fund such an endeavor for patrons of mine provided I was given a majority tithe in the investees. Say, eight tenths? I'll sweeten the deal if I get more of course. I'll even go as far as to add in a signing incentive right now, or at least until you make a similar offer to anyone else that is. I have some talented vassals in many diciplines, if we make an accord now befroe the couriers are out I can have them here ready to help within the week."

[It also dawns on me that we are likely behind on XP so everyone mark +5 XP for various treasures, toppled foes, and discoveries. Its important to remember you mark XP anytime you adhere to your alignment]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Knowing that the issue with child production is not strictly mandatory should help assuage a few fears among the women of our group; especially if you wouldn't mind providing a copy of the paperwork for them to read for themselves," offered Tori, taking a small sip from her tea cup. "And knowing that there is a lord who is willing to help them begin work on a new home should help as well. So, if you happen to have a bit of parchment, why don't we start ironing out some details, and we'll go over it with our comrades?" she said, with a smile.

[Woohoo, XP dump. I just hit fourth level, increased Wis stat, and chose Wild Empathy move.]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[I'm not chiding you, just reminding you of the tools at your disposal, and that's great Tory just remember character growth in DW is descriptive not perspective. So make sure to mention this new insight and its effect next time you have time to reflect]

It didn't take long to gather the villagers and draw up the paperwork, with most if not all the tenuki ready to pledge their support, their dreams of a new steading seemed in reach. The terms are generous, the resources are there, and the arcitects were in bound. If no one has any other questions or qualms you can narrate your actions and then roll, for Winter is Coming.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
(Alex has also leveled up. Boosted strength to 18 (max) and gets the advanced move Iron Hide for +1 defence)

Alex helps carry many of the materials that are brought in to construct the building, advancing her physical strength even further, and the constant wood splinters she catches in her skin make her toughter over time, resulting in greater natural defense.

(Rolling for Winter is Coming... Uh, I messed up the roll. Typed 2 merit instead of 1, should I redo the roll or just subtract one?)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Refresh my memory; was that a custom move, because I can't find it on the SRD.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Thanks, don't know how I missed it. So, thirteen, I guess if this bath house resort/communal home for the tanuki counts as a steading, then I'll have it increase in prosperity, and gain more wealth.]

As construction began on the villager's new home, Tori split her time between helping with the construction, and exploring the lands of the sidhe. Despite the near constant state of arousal that the more humanoid residents seemed to be in, the wild lands surrounding the settlements possessed an almost supernatural serenity. When she was alone in the woods, this calming energy seemed to flow through her as easily as the air she breathed, relaxing her mind and sharpening her senses to the point that she was certain she could make out words among the chirps and whistles of birds, and the chittering of squirrels. Using this new talent, as well as her own abilities as a woodsman, she was able to guide the gatherers among the tanuki to the best areas for finding food, ensuring that they were able to get a head start on stockpiling for the colder months. She also decided to sign up with Dewinter, as a citizen, along with Sophie. Dan, and Rocky, however, decided to throw their lot in with Baron Blackthorn.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
(Rolled an 11 dunno if the exp qualifies for me but if so I managed to lvl up as well boosted my con and grabbed the advanced move Cautious! Oh right I almost forgot for my picks on the Winter is Coming move I'll have the steading in this case the Inn will have a boon or grow in prosperity and for the other I want to reveal another part of the map)

Asher did all he could when it came to building the inn but his contributions didn't just lay there, Asher felt there most of been more communities outside of the one he was now beginning to be apart of so he sat off with others willing to come to explore and chart out new places that were of interest to himself and the others. He took the time to gather enough food within reason for the journey and for those coming with he made sure each would have a weapon of some kind to defend themselves with.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
(I got a 9 so I'll also go with the boon for the inn. It's gonna be the bestest inn/settlement ever.)

For Kaelys, the coming weeks had been filled with meetings with both tenuki and outside artisans sent by the Duchess. There was so much to be done and so little time to do it all in. Day after day everything also seemed to require a little more effort than the day before as her own pregnancy advanced surely and she decided to take off to the woods and leave the rest of the project in the other's capable hands. It was time to focus on herself and her baby. The elf started to spend all her time communing with the spirits of wilds, the animals, the trees. For some reason something awoke inside of her as she started to hear much slower voices among the stones and voices so gentle in the wind one would barely consider whispers. She felt like she could change into the very earth should the need arise. (Thing Talker skill get!)

Her very daughter came along soon enough after that. Childbirth was not such a difficult process to undergo when you were a druid sustained by the primal forces and spirits of nature so the little one was born as healthy as a child could be. She looked so small and svelte but she carried all the traits of a pure breed tenuki futa. Later that same night, the elf carried her to the villagers, to show her to her new family... the little girl Celest.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[OK I see your roll there, a + or - 1 would be irrelevant so I'll just narrate the outcome for you. Kea I wanted to mention that your child's hair is naturally blonde, witch is unheard of for the tenuki. they are also technically a half elf, for what it is worth. Uta also gives birth to her child around this time, a half orc for what it is worth. +3 prosperity to the steading sounds like great start I'll narrate the details of that in a bit, Tori you slay a small time local war chief on the borderlands (either an orc or a knoll) during one of your outings they have a small precious item on them worth 700 silver, narrate that encounter. As for Asher you get a small band of cutthroats to help you scout the sable swamp and discover a full blown knoll village bordering it. You may roll to discern realities on it with +1, describe your motley crew, and what the expedition was like.]

The coming winter saw Alex working hard every day to work towards building the new lodge in the center of the lake, with the skill of the villager's carpentry and Tilde's strength they were instrumental in pounding in the support struts that held up their hotel and made the building a rock steady dock for all manner of rafts and swimmers. Still while the others of her group seemed to come and go as they pleased, contributing when it was convenient, only Alex was there day in and day out, working in the sometimes chilly conditions, feeling their hard work was sometimes overlooked in favor of her compatriots other clever contributions. Towards the end of the season with the first signs of the upcoming thaw still weeks away Alex received a letter. It was delivered by a carrier quail, a old hedge wizard's trick to send sensitive documents to singular persons, the conjured creature poofed out of existence almost as quickly as it had been summoned. The letter was addressed from her people it read only this;

Corruption is spreading, something in the water,
Tribals in the east are giving us trouble,
Return soon Alex, relight the Fire.

While Sophie and Tori enjoyed the relative ease of the duchesses patronage, Dan and Rocky decided to enlist in the SDF (Sidhe' Defense Force) specifically under the command of Cpt. Gruthun.
The military training did them well as they grew more masculine and fit, becoming fine young men. Sophie too was developing in to quite the young woman, an aspiring entertainer, courtesan, and socialite amidst the Sidhe' elite. [Tell me if either of you develop a pregnancy, and don't forget about your encounter with the Countess either]
[and so we are clear everyone other than Alex signed up with the Duchess yes?]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Resentment grew inside Alex, strangling her heart with it's black thorns as she toiled for no pay, no gain or even a shred of recognition. She began to wonder if the others were only using her as dumb muscle, and she really wanted to just return to her village, now. But... she still lacked what she had sought, and so it was out of the cards. She decides to check on Tilde, to make sure her pregnancy is going as planned. Despite her not being the most attractive or courteous woman... Alex did still respect and care about her well-being.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher's companions were exactly what he had hoped it be, quick and adaptable he wasn't wanting this expedition to be one of the slower ones like he had done before but he managed to gather folks that were capable of keeping up with his usual pace like when he used to travel back when he was still alone. Asher never really considered himself much of an leader but he sure did fit the seat quite nicely when eyes looked towards him for guidance, his directions were simply to travel in groups of three seeing as there were nine they could easily cover much more ground that way and whenever the teams rendezvoused they would speak on their discoveries and exchange information it was essential that an cartographer would be with the team as well marking newly found things that weren't mentioned in the official maps within the community. For the most part Asher's directive was fine everything was going smoothly and even managed to find interesting points on the way but the most intriguing find was that of the town that they all discovered right around the time Asher was getting ready to call off the expedition. The team crept from a distance and watched Asher being the closest visibly in awe for what he was seeing, the harsh atmosphere of the swamp not bothering him as much as he saw some gnoll guards walking about there was no doubt in he head as he thought to himself "There are much more of them..".

(Rolled an 8 on Discern Realities so I suppose I'd go with the question What here is useful or valuable to me? to be a bit precise I guess i'm looking for something useful that I can bring back to the community besides discovering the swamp and the village)