Picking up the pieces

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Valk would laugh if wasn't at his brother request if wasn't for he being attacked right now "Rholrald" he run to the remaining bandit standing between he and the other kobold "we can take one just focus for now back away and help me bringing this bitch down then we will patch your wound and we can fuck those bitches all you want "
he slam the hammer on the bandit
initiative: 1D20+3 => 20
Attack roll1: 1D20+4 => 11 Attack roll2: 1D20+4 => 14
damage: 1D8+2 => 6

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The priestess hisses as the arrow simply veers off to the side after being deflected by her shield (AC 18). "Pathetic." Her voice dripped with disdain as the two bandits meet their untimely demises managing to accomplish very little. "Easy on the last one, little ones. You don't want to break your toy, do you?" she reached for her spear more as a ritual act than the intent of pursuing the last standing bandit.

Vaalintine

Sep 15, 2016
Initiative: 1d20+2=6
"HmmmmWHAT?" Shouts the mage as he bolts to his feet, sighting the remaining bandit. "Three bandits against five adventurers? A hatchling could do better than you lot did!"

Deltik throws a Dart at the last bandit, aiming at the legs to wound and disable rather than kill.
Attack Roll: 1d20+4= 20
Damage Roll: 1d4+2= 4

Edit: What do the bandits look like, or is it too dark to make out anything?

Last edited:

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Swearing as the bandit connected with her before they burned, Verona turned to the last standing bandit, and saw the others attacking them. With the others crowding the bandit, she couldn't get a clear way to attack, and decided to let the others have their fun, standing down to just watch the fight, quietly saying "I gave you a chance to leave with your lives and freedom."

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Staggering from the slash of the bandit's sword, Rholrald steps back per Valk's request, and upon realizing that the fight is more or less over. He chooses to grovel instead of fight, and dashes several feet away from the attacker. Priding himself for what he thinks is good acting, he starts crying out crocodile tears, cowering on the ground with his tail between his legs. "Waaah! B-brothers! This one hurt me! 'E'll hurt you too!" He whines, taking a moment to try for a better look at the bandit.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Valk curse himself for killing the bandit "dammit ... sorry brothers, I did think he would be capable of taking a hit .." he sighed "sorry .. perhaps the other one that went down and didn't burn is still alive? anyway, let's remove their belongings and check if at least one is alive for us to have some fun with" he say putting his hammer and shield on his back before searching the bandits for loot and hope that at least one was still alive.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"If you guys are going to stay up, I'll head back to sleep." She looked at the carbonized bandit remain. "What would drive mere bandits to try and take a full party of adventurers?"

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
(I'm going to presume none were alive)
Valk sigh as he was the one at fault for him and his brothers not having a bitch to fuck and for having killed yet another person, he put the belongings of the bandits in a pile and hand it to Rholrald
"sorry again about that, next bitch is on me" he hand 50’ hempen rope to Rholrald as well "for next time, I will try grappling them and you tie them up but that is only after dealing with the others and tell us first who you want to save"
he says before taking the third and last watch grumbling as the person who was supposed to take it went to sleep.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Looking on as Valk searched the corpses, Verona answered the priestesses question, "From the state of their gear, it may have just been desperation. Well maybe some poor judgement as well" Sitting back down near the fire, the warlock told the grumbling kobold "I'll finish my watch, you can go back to sleep if you want."

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
"Bah! I had to snivel for nothing!" Rholrald gripes, wiping away his fake tears as he plops back to the ground, taking the rope.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
When the morning come Valk would wake up scratching his back and yawning, he would shake his brothers to wake up and get ready and once everyone was ready he would continue to travel with them.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The kobold's noise was enough to raise the priestess up too. She never did manage to sleep properly after the early excitement. "Let's hope today is host to less excitement. Two engagements for no profit is quite off putting." She took another apple from her bag and shined it on her robe before sinking her fangs on the red luscious fruit.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Rholrald rises groggily from the marshy mire, grumbling in annoyance. "Uch, let me rest." He says, but hardly means it as he prepares himself for the day's adventure.

Vaalintine

Sep 15, 2016
Having packed up his bedroll, Deltik flips through a small book he pulls out of his robes. Draconic: "Have a cleric, don't need that one, thats also redundant... which just leaves combat spells." murmurs the kobold, and he suddenly perks up. Common:"Right then!" he says as the book is stowed away, "I'm all ready to go."
"Also humans taste a bit like venison"

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
The warlock was the last to rise, with the wizard having almost finished preparing his spells when she finally got her things packed up. Looking herself over, Verona uttered a quick incantation and motioned with her hands, releasing a faint light over herself as the grime from travel removed itself from her clothes and hair. With her appearance sorted, she made her way over to what remained of the fire, warming up as she begrudgingly munched on some trail ration.
Hearing the priestess complain about running afoul of the locals, the warlock couldn't help but respond "Well, you were one of the ones who decided to attack the skeleton, and I did warn you all about camping right by the road. So it sounds to me that fighting for no profit was at least partially your choice."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
The warlock's words did sting the priestess a little. "You are not wrong. It was, however, a quite fine specimen of a horse the skeleton rode. Too bad it chose to flee or I would not be walking on foot today." She took another bite of the juicy fruit. "I was not trying to assign blame for the engagements, only regretting the lack of rewards."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Nothing happens for the morning and just after lunch the party passes into the Orc territory. One more day of travel to their destination, unfortunately they must leave the main road to reach the gnoll border. In the late afternoon the party travels they pass a lion taking a rest under a tree. It yawns at them.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Rholrald is quick to tug his eldest brother's sleeve. "Brother! Can we tame him brother?! We could call him Rory! Get it? Roar-y?" He exclaims quietly, eyes twinkling.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Valk looks at Rholrald and then look at the lion thinking about it "hum ... not sure bro ... i can't really grapple something that big and i don't think any of us knows how to tame a lion either ... and we are already in a mission as well" he sighs putting a hand on Rholrald's shoulder "sorry brother ... maybe on the way back ?"

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Rholrald won't be so easily dissuaded, and begins rooting around in his backpack for his box of rations. After pulling a strip of jerky out of the pack, he tosses it in the lion's direction, halfway to him. "Little buddy, or big buddy, would you like some jerky? My brother says I can't convince you to come with us. I want to prove him wrong.''

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Karess bit her lip trying to decide if she should be afraid or find the situation hilarious, for now she decided to watch the imminent tragedy unfold with interest.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
With the morning passing uneventfully, Verona ignored the lion as they passed it, rolling her eyes as she heard Rholrald attempting to coerce it into being his pet. Turning back to him, the warlock called out "If you're going to get eaten, at least lead it away from us, then we don't have to kill it for your choice."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Valk sigh shaking his head "come on Rholrald, it is not a small house cat ,he is as dangerous as a crocodile ,we can't really bring him to our current mission either and don't forget you are still hurt because of yesterday ... because our cleric and the other lady apparently don't seem to really care about us ..." he mutters the last part "it is not worth your life ,lets just continue ok ? i promise that if he see him again after the mission we can try to tame him" he smiled to Rholrald hoping he would listen to him.

jasmac

Jan 8, 2017
Rholrald sighs, hanging his head with a frown. "Okay, fiiine brother." He says, dragging his tail and feet to follow the party, but still leaving a second strip of jerky in his place as he leaves.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I half expected you to succeed, little one." After a small pause, the priestess added. "If you're indeed still hurt, ask for my attention the next time we stop. It is the first time I party with a kobold and I am not sure what will heal with a night's sleep. If any of my party members are hurt, I expect them not to be shy about it and request my services." She tried to offer a soothing smile, she had every intention to make the party work well as that meant their mission would be that much easier to succeed.