Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
@dndw

Oh okay, just checking. Yeah, I enjoy the trickery, but I ran into it four times in about an hour of playing, so I'd probably make it more uncommon for better effect (and because it's quite powerful).

In unrelated news, I just found out that Samantha (I've never seen this on anyone else) can use Surrender. It says " She quickly find herself at the edge. "

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
My, I leave for two weeks and now I'm falling behind versions :b I hope I have time to check that out!

I figured out I needed to make a "pull request" for Nergantre to actually know I made some proofreading and stuff... Not that I've done much. Is it OK to pull a request now that the files I modified were pretty much all changed in the meanwhile? Or do I have to redo the same changes to the latest files before? 

I'm not an expert in the field by any means, but I believe suffixing -nya to the end of the last word in a sentence is commonplace in Japanese(-inspired) works dealing with catgirls. It sounds a bit like "meow" if pronounced quickly, I guess?

I'm no Nekomimi expert either, but most translators would write "Let's have some fun -nya.". Japanese usually use ニャぁ (or similar) as a suffix without a flown dot "  · ". However, not adding a "-" looks a bit strange in English in the suffix case. Translators often add "~" after low meowths, and obviously "!" after loud/aggressive ones.

Mixing in nyas and nyans in words is fine by all means ("those boxers [...] gonnya be shredded", "still nyat peeking?"). Anyway, no iron rule here, freedom to kitties!

Last edited by a moderator:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I figured out I needed to make a "pull request" for Nergantre to actually know I made some proofreading and stuff... Not that I've done much. Is it OK to pull a request now that the files I modified were pretty much all changed in the meanwhile? Or do I have to redo the same changes to the latest files before? 

I would suggest that:

1. You combine all your different branches into one: you don't need 8 branches, especially if all of them contain only a single correction.

2. You update that new branch by pulling the latest version from nergantre/master (the master branch of nergantre's repository) and see if git can automatically merge the files.

2B. If git cannot merge the files, then you will have to do so manually. Since your changes are small ones, it would probably be best to just take nergantre's version, and then reapply the changes rather than using a merging tool.

3. When you are done, you can submit a request. If all went well, GitHub will report that merging may proceed automatically, at which point nergantre merely has to click a button.

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
3. When you are done, you can submit a request. If all went well, GitHub will report that merging may proceed automatically, at which point nergantre merely has to click a button.
This was what I intended to do... Kick the Github noob, I deserve it :) I'll try that, and go 2B if anything goes awry. Thanks!

Edit: yep - 2B. I'm amazed how easy step 1 was, though. Edit x 2: goto step 3! Kinda easier when you actually edit your own Master (looks away in shame)

Edit 3: That should do. Looks pretty messy if you ask me... I'll definitely work on an up-to-date, clean master duplicate from now on.

Last edit: I'll try and do that now, with at least Bronzechair's nifty proofreading. This way I'll do a clean & proper pull request, and hopefully relieve you from the more menial work.

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Okay - SO I am loving this mod! A lack of a wiki makes me sad though! How do I get transformations!

How do I access the Anamism and Bio skills?

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
How do I access the Anamism and Bio skills?

Last time I checked, these were exclusive to Kat & Rosea, respectively. Save edit works, but there's little point to it outside testing purpose.

@Nergantre & Dndw: My 2nd pull request should be OK, correcting most(all?) orthograph-related stuff Bronzechair pointed out.

Confirm me the 1st one was horsecr*p (feel free to sugarcoat it) and I'll redo it properly tomorrow.

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Hmmmm - Okay - How about cock tranformations? Specific ammounts of points in a skill?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Okay - SO I am loving this mod! A lack of a wiki makes me sad though! How do I get transformations!

Well, actually: http://nightgames.wikia.com/wiki/NightGames_Wiki

It's not really maintained, and certainly not up to date, but it's there.

Hmmmm - Okay - How about cock tranformations? Specific ammounts of points in a skill?

You need a high affection (>25) with the NPC that offers the transformation of your choice. If, for instance, you want the Enlightened Cock, you'll have to get nice with Jewel. That means, primarily, visiting her during the day. Siding with her for threesomes also helps. The high affection will open up the transformations, but you still need the ingredients. Staying with the same example, the Enlightened Cock requires 10 Priapus Drafts, 40 Energy Drinks and 10 Juggernaught Juices. That may sound like a lot, but at least here you can buy all requirements. Cassie wants an item that you can only get from the random drops at night, while Reyka will need 10 doses of cum.

This is not only for cock mods, by the way, they offer other things as well. Kat can give you cat ears, for example, and they all have a pussy mod to bestow upon you as well. For a price, of course.

Edit @CharredNewt: Aside from the fact that you might want to consider more descriptive names in the future, I don't see anything wrong with it. What did you think you screwed up?

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Yeah - been on the wiki - DOes not help me with what ingrediants I need though :p

I will keep working at it I guess!

Is there a way to tell what affection level one is at? I have all the upgrades from Cassie for example in my current play through

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah - been on the wiki - DOes not help me with what ingrediants I need though :p

The ingredients are listed alongside the transformation options when you unlock them: no need for sleuthing.

Is there a way to tell what affection level one is at? I have all the upgrades from Cassie for example in my current play through

No in-game way other than the stuff you've unlocked:

If you have all the traits unlocked with a girl, the affection is at least at 16.

If transformations are offered, it's at least 25.

If you can give her clothes, >30

If you can choose her outfit, >35

Other than that, the only way of knowing is opening up your save. Each character has an "affections" block, for example:

Code:
"affections":{
    "Jewel":12,
    "Player":31,
    "Kat":5
},

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
Edit @CharredNewt: Aside from the fact that you might want to consider more descriptive names in the future, I don't see anything wrong with it. What did you think you screwed up?

I'm pretty sure I've merged in Nergantre master version while I've been building up the 1st fork. I might be wrong. And I'll definitely have to add proper description before I hit that confirm button... Good point is, I can only get better :) I'll redo the 1st one if necessary, I wanted to double-check all the daytime events anyway. Tomorrow, I think.

Note: I speak UK English, so feel free to ignore some irrelevant corrections (I learned some words actually existed in American... So I should have skipped most useless correction I intended)

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Hmmm - okay - thanks xD

Can give Angel clothes, but she is not offering trnaformations - Are hers not currently implemented?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Can give Angel clothes, but she is not offering trnaformations - Are hers not currently implemented?

Out of all the options, you just had to pick the only one without transformations! Shame! 

In all seriousness, she's been completely reworked lately, and her transformations aren't in yet. All but Reyka also just have placeholder scenes. 

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Out of all the options, you just had to pick the only one without transformations! Shame! 

In all seriousness, she's been completely reworked lately, and her transformations aren't in yet. All but Reyka also just have placeholder scenes. 

I guess I will have to be a terrible Omnibus indtead of a sexy angel beast :p

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
*pouts* Help me out guys - How does one collect semen? I assume through masturbating, but there is no way of getting my arousal up outside of combat reliably that I can see

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
*pouts* Help me out guys - How does one collect semen? I assume through masturbating, but there is no way of getting my arousal up outside of combat reliably that I can see

You can get it while masturbating in battle if you have the bottle from asking Reyka about her rituals. I believe your Arousal bar needs to be at least half-filled for it to work.

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
@Bronzechair: Please keep the reports coming! I always like seeing someone with an eye for little details, plus it gives me an opportunity to help a little / to familiarize myself with the code. Thanks!

< S. Surprise is missing quotation marks when Samantha asks if you like the surprise.> understood overnight how to correct that, but totally forgot to punch it in!
< The text for your opponent using Foot Worship says you worship your own feet. > Is the text similar to: "***you, but should be she*** presses her feet against your face" ?

Hopefully doesn't look too terrible... I keep thinking that she looks like Jewel's mom :\

Jewel's ma? She rather reminds me of my 1st crush: Jessica Rabbit. Hawt! :) (Get out of here ♫ Get me some money too ♪)  Keep her that way, please!

- Was the lick ass/anilingus "dodged but damaged all the same" bug fixed? Somehow I never met a dodge with "Lick ass" (I did but very little testing yet)

- Upsidedown stance kicks in when actor POW>25, right?  Shouldn't it ocurr when there's a large power gap instead? As in PC-pow > Gal-pow + 20 (for example)

- I was wondering why there's an "asset" directory in the releases, since the pics the game use are in the .jar... If I understood that right.

- on that subject, I'll probably need a a hand (later) to properly compile the source. Got JRE, was missing JDK (w/ javac). I'm probably missing something obviously obvious. It's no hurry; it'll take me quite a while to write a proper code in order to support randomized external images sorted by stance/skill & folder. I'll eventually need to compile the thing in order to check whether I've caused a cataclysm or not. Again, there's no rush - my WPM and Java skills are both below abysmal.

Suggestions/ideas about Rosea (not a priority, just writing 'em down before I forget again ^_^):
<Since she's "Immobile", she never ressuplies, never buys stuff, never hunts down other participants, and fights at most once a night, usually VS player or not at all.>
- Having her regenerate new clothes in 10/20 mn (instead of ressuply)
- Having her spawn 'Vine traps' in random locations that would drag in to the courtyard trapped battlers
- Alternatively/additionally, making her NOT count in the '5 players total'. When Rosea's participating, total number of battles per night drastically drops.
- Alternatively/additionally, making one-way passages from Library/shower/student union/dorm (getting out a window or something) so CPUs can go pollenize Rosea more often
- Her not being able to access the store makes sense, but she should have more items/moves to make up for it. She's nicely balanced in the earliest stages but becomes underwhelming fast.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
@Bronzechair: Please keep the reports coming! I always like seeing someone with an eye for little details, plus it gives me an opportunity to help a little / to familiarize myself with the code. Thanks!

< S. Surprise is missing quotation marks when Samantha asks if you like the surprise.> understood overnight how to correct that, but totally forgot to punch it in!
< The text for your opponent using Foot Worship says you worship your own feet. > Is the text similar to: "***you, but should be she*** presses her feet against your face" ?
Will do. Most people find my eye obnoxious for obvious reasons, but I've noticed that even a lot of the tiny details I've reported (like missing periods) have been patched up and no one has told me off yet, so I can only assume I'm helping!

Here's the text for NPC-use Foot Worship.

Samantha uses Foot Worship. You throw yourself at your dainty feet and start sucking on her toes. you seems surprised at first, but then grins and shoves her toes further in to your mouth, eliciting a moan from you.
Jewel's ma? She rather reminds me of my 1st crush: Jessica Rabbit. Hawt! :) (Get out of here ♫ Get me some money too ♪)  Keep her that way, please!
Agreed, it's a nice, nostalgic look. Noticing she went commando totally blew my 10 ten year old mind back then!

- Was the lick ass/anilingus "dodged but damaged all the same" bug fixed? Somehow I never met a dodge with "Lick ass" (I did but very little testing yet)
I believe so. I don't remember if I tested this specifically, but I certainly haven't noticed it pop up lately.

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Hmmm - Not working for me. I have asked Rekya about the rituals, but I do not have the bottles in my inventory - IS that something to do with it?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Hmmm - Not working for me. I have asked Rekya about the rituals, but I do not have the bottles in my inventory - IS that something to do with it?

Bronzechair said that you had to collect it in combat, but it's actually out of combat. You'll have to find a quiet place, jerk off, and hope no one is around to surprise you.

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Bronzechair said that you had to collect it in combat, but it's actually out of combat. You'll have to find a quiet place, jerk off, and hope no one is around to surprise you.

Yeah - I thought so - BUt I never have any arousal outside of battle. Is there a reliable way to build it up?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah - I thought so - BUt I never have any arousal outside of battle. Is there a reliable way to build it up?

Reliable - not really. You can lose to Mara, who will leave you worked up. Kat is very likely to inflict Horny on you, which will gradually build arousal. The Aphrodisiac and Tentacle traps will also increase it. The vibrating cockring that you can get as one of the challenges also slowly arouses you. 

Etheria

Sep 7, 2015
Reliable - not really. You can lose to Mara, who will leave you worked up. Kat is very likely to inflict Horny on you, which will gradually build arousal. The Aphrodisiac and Tentacle traps will also increase it. The vibrating cockring that you can get as one of the challenges also slowly arouses you. 

C'est la vie I guess

Thanks

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Oh, my bad. Was that quietly changed at some point? I'm pretty sure I got some from doing it in battle a while back, and nergantre said it worked like that on page 1, but I don't see anything about a change in the notes.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
I'm pretty sure you can get it by winning as a Succubus through either the S.Draft or with the Modded vagina. That's how I got them before.

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
Will do. Most people find my eye obnoxious for obvious reasons, but I've noticed that even a lot of the tiny details I've reported (like missing periods) have been patched up and no one has told me off yet, so I can only assume I'm helping!

Here's the text for NPC-use Foot Worship.
 I'm usually the one thinking I'm nitpicking. It takes at least that much to be a good proofreader... Or it's just my lack of humility :laugh:

Strange, that Foot worship line looked fine to me. Added to my next todo list, unless the true meisters of this here mod correct it beforehand. It helps a lot to post the combat text in these cases; plus, using spoilers correctly (like you did) doesn't flood the forum with useless lines. All good!

'Kay! Time to return to the former side of the mirror and grab some piece of Mara's butt  serious testing!

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Ah man, gone for a few days and look at what piled up :D

Thanks CharredNewt for the corrections, I merged your pull request, and you can probably close them.

For the semen thing, yup it's meant to be a bit weird to get. It's hard to end a battle with high arousal. That said, if you fight Kat, she should be able to end the match with you affected by pheromones which will up your arousal.

@Vasin, You know, I totally forgot that succubus draft makes you a succubus and that gives you semen if the opponent has a dick at the end of the match. Now that I think about it, that's a pretty neat interaction. I'll just er pretend I thought that out. Yup.

@Charred, I thought the upsidedown stance was more like if you had enough body strength to lift the other person up, which is why it uses the absolute power and not the difference. The Rosea stuff isn't really finished yet. She doesn't get any traits as she levels up, which is probably why she's so weak at higher levels.

If you need help setting up eclipse, let me know. Here are some steps to help out

1. download the latest version of eclipse @ https://eclipse.org/downloads/

2. download the latest version of JDK @ http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html, (select Windows x64 or Windows x86 if you don't have a 64 bit PC)

3. sync the github project to somewhere on you computer

4. open up eclipse, default workspace is fine

5. file -> import->general->existing projects into workspace, select the directory from step #3, hit ok

6. file-> import ->Run/Debug->Launch Configurations, browse to the directory from step #3, select the entire folder. hit ok7. select the NightgamesMod project in the left panel, try running (hit f11 or menu->run->debug). if it works, you're done!

8. if not, try adding the java8 JRE, (menu->project->properties, library [tab], Add Library [button], JRE system library, select jre1.8.0_blah)

9. if none of that works, shoot me a PM and I'll help out. Send me a screenshot or paste what kind of error it gives you.
The assets situation has actually given me a lot of headaches. I'm sick of maintaining two asset directories, but it seems like some people can't load the assets that aren't in jars..? I'm wondering if it's a permission issue. Anyways, I'm completely restructuring the nightgames git repository, adding in the junit (terrible test, but it helps) that I made, and putting all the assets in the root folder.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be pretty busy for the next few weeks, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to get done. I think I'll be in maintenance mode for a while. That said, I'm still accepting pull requests, in case someone wants to do something. I may also code up legion's new NPC if I have the time.

@Everyone helping out, thanks a ton as usual, you make it possible for me to release something playable :) . That said, I was wondering if we could maintain a bug list somewhere? If you don't mind signing up for github, you can probably just create issues there on the project page. You don't have to know any code or whatever, just sign up, then go to https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/issues and create issue. It'll help me a ton because it's a bit difficult for me to keep track of what I fixed and what other people have fixed.

BTW, that wiki looks like it's for TheSilverBard's vanilla version of the game. It wont have any info on the mod. I would recommend against editing it and putting info on the mod there. Maybe if someone wants to make a separate wiki...

CharredNewt

Aug 28, 2015
 setting up eclipse

Thanks! I like understanding things on my own, but enlightened advice sure speeds up the process.
I'll be rather busy too, but I'll try and adapt the few commits I've been compiling ASAP.

Matteroyo

Sep 13, 2015
This is just a personal opinion and I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter much at all but I feel like more of the characters could use strap-on scenes.

I know only one or two are missing them I think, but they're the characters I would most like to have them. So does this even have a slight chance of ever happening? I'm assuming "no"

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So does this even have a slight chance of ever happening? I'm assuming "no"

The thing is that there is already a substantial backlog of writing that still has to be done, and this is not really a priority. If someone else takes the time to write extra scenes like this, I'm sure nergantre will add it in.