Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
- Tickle Monster comboed with a Tickler scales Tickle damage weirdly with respect to Mara. I think Ticklish is overwriting the bonuses the Tickler and Tickle Monster grant rather than adding onto them, as Mara takes less damage from a Tickle Monster + Tickler enhanced Tickle than every other character.
- It seems to be impossible to reach the hypersensitive case for the upgraded Tickler. I think this is because hastickler() refers to a normal tickler as well and is setting the result to strong after the check for the enhanced tickler sets it to special.
- If you fall from the sky while using Reverse Fly because the opponent uses Struggle, you'll take less damage from hitting the ground if you have Innocent Appearance.
- If you choose to Skip spending your trait point, save the game, and then load it, you will lose your saved trait point.
- Fiery Pussy "glances off Airi's slimy body." Not sure if intended.
- Sometimes, if you Facesit an enemy, bind them, and Ride Face, the enemy will just do nothing on some of their turns. Not sure how to make this happen consistently, it just seams to happen sometimes. Doesn't appear to be dependent on fetishes at least. Shame maybe?
- Similarly, enemies sometimes just do nothing on their turns for no reason that I can see. Far less often than the Facesit thing, but it happens.

Pretty sure it's cheating to strip, take your own clothes, and claim a victory from it.
There's a jacuzzi in the pool area and you decide to risk a quick soak.
A new cache has been dropped off at Laundry Room!
You quietly swipe Katie's clothes while she's occupied. It's a little underhanded, but you can still turn them in for cash just as if you defeated her.
You've gained Your Boxers.
The hot water soothes and relaxes your muscles. You feel a bit exposed, skinny-dipping in such an open area. You decide it's time to get moving.
Your clothes aren't where you left them. Someone must have come by and taken them.
You run into Mara and you both hesitate for a moment, deciding whether to attack or retreat.
She is level 4
She is dressed and ready to fight.
She looks eager and composed.
*gets in water* oh look, somone left their clothes *swipes* OH NO WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES?!?
omg bug made me laugh way too much. xD

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@kuschelpuh
Any specific ideas / requests? I'm doing a round of buffering, and something like this might be a nice distraction from the unending frustration.

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
@kuschelpuh
You and me both buddy.

The sad part is I still haven’t figured out how to even get the quest to work yet.

Also @LogicalKink , just wanna say, saw some of the unfinished scenes you have for the quest in Github, it’s good stuff! I hope to see more if you ever have the time/motivation!

Edit:
@dndw
I would offer suggestions here but my tastes lie more towards forced feminization, humiliation and other nonmain stream proclivities so I shall spare you all my thoughts.

Unless of course you'd want stuff like this in which case I might have some ideas.

kuschelpuh

Mar 23, 2017
@A-Grubby http://prntscr.com/f1uz4a you gotta change the json in the start folder
Save and load does not work anymore tho on changed starts, but the quest works.
(to see if it worked you can save and check your safe file.
also i use notepad over the editor for the better overview (if you dont know any better tools)
http://prntscr.com/f1uzzy it should look like this if you made a new game, quit match and save on the bottom.
Also getting rng traits instead of beeing able to pick traits overall (positive and negative will do)

kuschelpuh

Mar 23, 2017
@dndw
well the starting negative traits being forced onto you (if cassie makes you cum with her mouth you get lickable etc, or even have a 50/50 chance to get lickable over silvertongue when having daytime sex)
permanent bondage, permanent masochism, permanent fetishes (when bound by zipzies etc 20x, when taken 1000 stamina damage)

*edit:
A trait, you only cum once (double arousal, 0 willpower)
Every time you cum you loose max arousal/stamina/willpower/get more sensitive (would counter the op strong will nymph combos, if you would get forced to get one of the traits)
get horny everytime someone else cums

Last edited:

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
@dndw @A-Grubby

Allow me to open the brainstorm:

First thing i guess is that feminization shouldn't be that much of a problem in the mod because we have all kind of stuff for transformation already in it (still somebody has to write it).

Secondly for a first start if i look a that buttslut quest thing is that it could be expand to other bodyparts as well (feet, hands, breast, pussy or even dick) of course this could interfere with the worship and fetish part.

At last my own idea would something like a tentacle hell quest with everybody having a tentacle fetish, tentacle traps spawn randomly, growing randomly tentacle bodyparts and random tentacle minions

A-Grubby

Apr 2, 2017
@kuschelpuh
Yeah I figured out chaning the flags on the advanced starts. But it never occured to me to change the default start.

So it it possible to that you could get the quest running and save/load that game by changing the flags under the default start?

witchlook

Mar 4, 2017
Ah shit, made a bit of a mistake. So I wasn't paying attention to what people are working on and rewrote Quests. It supports one-shots and repeatable quests, and quests have some generic storage so we can save not just that the quest was finished but how it was completed. I think I'll wrap up reimplementing / completing the Butt quest & let someone else decide whether to merge my branch in.

Reactions: kuschelpuh

kuschelpuh

Mar 23, 2017
woops i meant you are fixing the buttslutquesting, not logosk, my fault
Ah shit, made a bit of a mistake. So I wasn't paying attention to what people are working on and rewrote Quests. It supports one-shots and repeatable quests, and quests have some generic storage so we can save not just that the quest was finished but how it was completed. I think I'll wrap up reimplementing / completing the Butt quest & let someone else decide whether to merge my branch in.

Shake

Apr 29, 2017
Longtime lurker here- really love the work done on the mod so far.

Would it be possible to add a third option for system messages that displays arousal/stamina damage without the intricate formula information? It's useful occasionally, but the extra lines of text really tend to clutter the UI later on.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@Shake Sure thing, should take just a moment.

I've finally gotten around to fixing a whole lot of stupid mistakes. That means there will (most likely) be a new RC build out tomorrow. There are still a few tenacious bugs in there to fix, hopefully I can squash them in a timely manner.
@witchlook do your changes include a way to start quests in-game? If not, I'll put in a placeholder for the RC.

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
On the whole giving of negative traits thing: I'd really want to shy away from giving permanent negative traits for various in-battle occurrences. There are times when you can outright lose regardless of how prepared you were; characters getting Lickable just because Cassie got an orgasm off of you while in Oral Pin or Active Imagination because Samantha Tempted you once too often seems...ugh.

For the rest of the night though? Sure, that seems like a way to make the game more interesting. For the rest of the night plus the following night and the trait stays longer if anyone causes you to orgasm in specific ways related to whatever happened in the first place? Kinda like an addiction that you can't treat, since it's mostly just in your head rather than being magically/chemically induced? Also cool, but may be annoying to code. I think it could be expanded further than that really, but a that point it feels like we should be talking about redesigning the fetish system with this being a thing that midgame, non-Fetish skill using enemies can semi-reliably induce in mind...and that could be awesome. But possibly a nightmare to add to the existing code and troublesome to come to a decision mechanics-wise.

On the Discord: I mean, I'd probably visit and use it a bit, but are there enough questions and discussions going on to warrant it? Not sure if this has really out-grown the thread at the moment.

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
Woo, new build! :D

So, on the new build, something is off about the way enemies are awarded points. On the second night, I just surrendered to everyone and ran around counting the other fights I could witness. With my losses, each should be awarded 1 point and I saw a few more break out, yet each girl only ended the night with 1 point. The third night I did the same and witnessed even more fights not including me. At the end of the night, 2 of the girls had 2 points while the other two had 1. xD

Also, since I don't think I've typed it recently, thank you all for your continued work on this project! I can't imagine it's easy or quick to keep up with this.

Last edited:

jskil5

May 17, 2016
im having a lot of crashes a good deal of em happen after a fight with Airi also here parasite might be responsible for a few other crashes log attached if you want ill upload my save i edited my stats to test a few things and one of the images is so big i cant see any buttons or see what happened that turn
also there's no option to visit Reyka during the day or Yui for training(added a pic read it pls)Untitled.png

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    611.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
Keep getting errors when trying to extract it from the zip. Tried redownloading a few times. Guess will wait a few days and try on a weekday.

FeiqeUzzer

Dec 23, 2015
Keep getting errors when trying to extract it from the zip. Tried redownloading a few times. Guess will wait a few days and try on a weekday.

I also had some problems trying to extract with WinRar. I tried with 7zip and had no problems.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
When you have to choose who to help, it keeps repeating when you hit the button. This levels both participants up, but doesn't afford t hem wins.

I hit HELP ANGEL a lot and she got a lot of levels alongside Jewel. :D

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@jskil5 It's not as bad as it looks. I originally made the addictions player-exclusive, but NPC support has been added since. Turns out not all the descriptions have been updated yet. It looks like Reyka in your game had a brush with Cassie and ended up addicted. There is something wonky about that addiction (or maybe all of them) that I noticed earlier; it's on the todo list.

@Kharn Strange. I created the zip in 7zip, and it opened without issue in Windows' built-in archive manager. So maybe try that?

@DarkSinfulMage I've noticed this, but it happens irregularly which makes finding the cause a real pain. I'll keep trying.

___
I keep a private branch of the code where I try things which are either horrendously ugly or very, very OP. In this case, it's both. I figured there's no harm in sharing.
This version is mostly identical to RC2, but it contains a variant of the Reverse Drain Challenge [Hard Mode] which, you guessed it, is even harder. It really doesn't make any sense at this point. The player has an advantage in stats and smarts (at least, if you've been playing for a while), and the opponents get a ridiculously OP set of traits as well as some anatomical benefits. The four original girls are somewhat managable if you spam Counter and take the Exhibitionist trait, Airi and Kat are stupidly strong and Reyka is best avoided altogether. (I figured since she was a succubus to begin with, she should be EVEN STRONGER. Big mistake.) There is also an "Inexperienced" start here. The idea is that you take less pleasure from everything except fucking. Naturally, you take extreme amounts of pleasure when getting fucked and will probably lose in a turn or two if you are. The AI is also skewed to take advantage of this weakness. I don't recommend it since it is horribly unbalanced, but it can't hurt to include it I suppose. This version will not be an official release, since I've done some unspeakable things to the poor old code to let the opponents cheat a bit. Some aspects might make it into the official version after some refinement, though. For example, in this version, if you are affected by any mentally or physically debilitating status while in a dominant position, the position will instantly flip. In the current 'official' version, it only does so when you run out of stamina. I think this might be a nice addition.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!xFIRgRAS!EBovAmFL0-5Zn_H6u7JAwW7axAEEwPvuNbRFeQ1mdC8
Disclaimer: I in no way offer any guarantee that either of the two 'improved' starts in this version are at all enjoyable.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Well, as I download, here's hoping curiosity doesn't always kill cats.

...though I guess it really doesn't matter if it does; I'm not a cat, so...yeah.
But I am curious.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I had a problem with a hard lock on the last build during team games, but I'll give this build another try and edit this with what I get.

1. After beating Cassie - the status I get after beating her on the map is "But you still haven't recovered".It should be that she needs a replacement of clothes.

2. I think that the latest bugs lay in the code looking to process who wins and perhaps who gets awarded.

3. Also - after repeatedly helping someone out I would go play videogames and get a ton of exp. Shot up like 20 levels!

3. Hard locks still around - might have to do with Airi choices. Still tracking it down.

4. These addictions still don't go away even if you shell out 20k. Nothing ever improves! Once you meet the addiction condition once you're screwed. As long as these traits hang around the addiction effects will proc. When everyone has each others distance addictions proccing it's out of control!

5. I like the debug gamestart select, but can I get buttons for each individual game start?

6. Angel scene still plays nearly all the time at match end. Still need to fix that.

7. Team games hard lock easily - I can't really get a full battle in.

Last edited:

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
- Enemies seem to have mostly gone back to not leveling much outside of matches with the player. Guessing the point scoring problem goes deeper than just how much money they get.
- Woo Primal Cock fix!
- I'm assuming the Primal Cock is supposed to make you take more pleasure damage to compensate for that huge increase in pleasure damage output. Not sure if it's intended to cause Masturbate to deal increased damage like it's doing now however.
- If you go to the Body Shop and Restore Cock you will get a Normal Cock. However, if you go back to the Body Shop, you will not have the option to choose Cock Reduction and if you choose Cock Expansion your cock will shrink. Cock Reduction/Expansion seems to return to normal functions after that, but choosing Restore Cock will cause the issue to occur again.

Some aspects might make it into the official version after some refinement, though. For example, in this version, if you are affected by any mentally or physically debilitating status while in a dominant position, the position will instantly flip. In the current 'official' version, it only does so when you run out of stamina. I think this might be a nice addition.
This actually seems quite nice. Always kinda wondered how, if I'm entranced or bound or something, I manage to remain on top. Just so long as this doesn't apply to charm like it currently does.

Charm already sharply inhibits a target's meaningful actions in neutral position, denies escape from all other positions outside of use of Invitation, almost entirely neutralizes most characters if they are bound, and chains kinda ridiculously into Entrance from Expert Toungework, Eyes of Temptation, etc. I really feel like it shouldn't flip dominance too.
Also Reyka exists. Oh god Reyka.

Small caveat: I think Samantha could get that ability as a trait at some point in her leveling cycle. It seems exactly like something she might be able to do, and she's kinda underpowered anyway. I'm not sure it'll help her specifically very much, but could be cool.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Interesting facet of the leveling system - There are occasions where I will get repeated options to select a trait that I've taken before and already have it.

- Level drain will remove traits gained during the last level it was taken.
- Level drain also removes traits gained via conversing with the girls.

I had a humorous situation where I let all the girls play and over time Airi's brain seeds would have everyone together in a hive mind! LOL! As it is - Addictions are incredibly powerful and the player is the only person that can't use them!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, I say. Shall I prepare some text for the player addiction vs every girl?

12centDime

Mar 16, 2017
What addiction could be added for the Player without making it overpowered though? Even if addictions functioned 100% correctly, I'm not sure that could go along with our human ability to think. It and our special multi-classing powers are pretty potent.

Last edited: