Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Sylwoos

Feb 19, 2017
Hello there. First I must say that I follow your mod for quite some time and absolutely love it. I post here because I have some nasty display issue on my new computer, and didn't manage to fix it by myself.

http://i.imgur.com/KmFodyB.png

It seem to be link with the tooltip displayed when I mouseover the button. The game is playable as long as I manage to prevent the tooltip from showing, but as soon as one appear, all the text get stack over the menu until it become one big mess. As anybody a idea of what might cause this?

Sylwoos

Feb 19, 2017
I didn't have that issue on my old computer, so it might really be system specific. Here's the file:

VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM | 25.121-b13
sun.desktop: windows
awt.toolkit: sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
java.awt.graphicsenv: sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment

Screen Size: java.awt.Dimension[width=1920,height=1080]
Resolution: 96(dpi)
Graphics ID: 0

Draonir

Jan 16, 2016
Wondering when more anal victory/defeat scenes will be added.

The problem is that somebody has to write these scenes. Programming something like a new skill is not the problem here but it really takes sometime to came up with some creative.

A good way to get more scenes is to write them yourself and ask if they would implement them.

Bonedust

Feb 26, 2017
Hi, I've encountered a bug/strange behavior in 2.5.1.2. It appears that the NPCs get stuck fighting each other without resolution unless a third party intervenes or you're there to watch. When you come across two NPCs fighting, press "wait" - the fight just goes on forever.

Sorasuke

Feb 27, 2017
Anyone have some build tips lol I usually get to like level 40 then with all the npcs having upgrades I get slaughtered ( Definately by kat omg ) Then Drain challenge is like.. A whole nother beast . Build tips would be nice T.T

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Anyone have some build tips lol I usually get to like level 40 then with all the npcs having upgrades I get slaughtered ( Definately by kat omg ) Then Drain challenge is like.. A whole nother beast . Build tips would be nice T.T

Well it depends on if you are female, male, or herm before acquiring somebody's idea on a build.
Then when you start making your build, If you plan more on winning than seeing sex scenes you would need to plan ahead for what you choose for NPC choices.
Seeing as they give you 3 choices at level 10 to decide their own future builds, you would need to see how your options affect them.
Then choose which NPC gives you the most trouble from the choice you prefer for them, and compensate for it.

I could tell you my own build I suppose, but I'm unsure if it will help you much.
Since my build adheres to my own list of fetish's I enjoy in the game?
I prefer to use 2 builds for female, and 1 for male.

Female:
1. A temptation build, thus draining their willpower before they can mine with domination (a.k.a facesitting and the like).
2. A toy build revolving around using the strap-on.

Male/Herm:
1. A straight up intercourse build.
No tricks teasing and the like, just full powering my way through their arousal with full on sex.

The only real advice I can give is to stock up on zip-ties/handcuffs since they are rather useful.
Not sure if it helps at all, but if it did I'm glad I guess?

Sorasuke

Feb 27, 2017
Well it depends on if you are female, male, or herm before acquiring somebody's idea on a build.
Then when you start making your build, If you plan more on winning than seeing sex scenes you would need to plan ahead for what you choose for NPC choices.
Seeing as they give you 3 choices at level 10 to decide their own future builds, you would need to see how your options affect them.
Then choose which NPC gives you the most trouble from the choice you prefer for them, and compensate for it.

I could tell you my own build I suppose, but I'm unsure if it will help you much.
Since my build adheres to my own list of fetish's I enjoy in the game?
I prefer to use 2 builds for female, and 1 for male.

Female:
1. A temptation build, thus draining their willpower before they can mine with domination (a.k.a facesitting and the like).
2. A toy build revolving around using the strap-on.

Male/Herm:
1. A straight up intercourse build.
No tricks teasing and the like, just full powering my way through their arousal with full on sex.

The only real advice I can give is to stock up on zip-ties/handcuffs since they are rather useful.
Not sure if it helps at all, but if it did I'm glad I guess?
Helps a little so for male character you just put all your points in seduction I guess ?

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Helps a little so for male character you just put all your points in seduction I guess ?

Not quite, since that would be a bit broken in a bad way.
You also need points in either Power or Cunning.
Since either of those are used to escape pins and such by the enemy.
If they initiate sex, or a pin on you then you need to either struggle (power), or use escape (cunning).
You also struggle/escape when you are tied by a zip-tie or cuffs.

So just seduction would increase your base damage I suppose, but then you are only relying on luck since once they pin you or such you are fucked...
Quite literally I don't need to add.

So all in all if you choose to use my intercourse build, you then choose power/cunning as you secondary stat to counter your dare I say nemesis.
In my case It is Mara, and Reyka.
Mara since she gives you an addiction past level 10 just by making you cum.
And Reyka since sex with her does more bad than good.
So I chose Cunning since a lot of the later skills I want for my personal fight against these 2 require cunning.

It helps to think ahead if you have a tool that let's you view JSON Files, and XML Documents in the "Data" section of the game folder.
I like to use Notepad++ to view it all, but if you have your own tool then all power to ya.

After I asked about if a skill/trait list could be added to the download, they were nice enough to do so.
So that will help you as well since you can see what each skill does, then look into the TraitRequirements XML file while the list document is up.

Sorasuke

Feb 27, 2017
Not quite, since that would be a bit broken in a bad way.
You also need points in either Power or Cunning.
Since either of those are used to escape pins and such by the enemy.
If they initiate sex, or a pin on you then you need to either struggle (power), or use escape (cunning).
You also struggle/escape when you are tied by a zip-tie or cuffs.

So just seduction would increase your base damage I suppose, but then you are only relying on luck since once they pin you or such you are fucked...
Quite literally I don't need to add.

So all in all if you choose to use my intercourse build, you then choose power/cunning as you secondary stat to counter your dare I say nemesis.
In my case It is Mara, and Reyka.
Mara since she gives you an addiction past level 10 just by making you cum.
And Reyka since sex with her does more bad than good.
So I chose Cunning since a lot of the later skills I want for my personal fight against these 2 require cunning.

It helps to think ahead if you have a tool that let's you view JSON Files, and XML Documents in the "Data" section of the game folder.
I like to use Notepad++ to view it all, but if you have your own tool then all power to ya.

After I asked about if a skill/trait list could be added to the download, they were nice enough to do so.
So that will help you as well since you can see what each skill does, then look into the TraitRequirements XML file while the list document is up.
thanks alot ! hopefully now i can actually win some matches lol

DragonkingKyo

Mar 1, 2017
I just found this game yesterday and read up on it to today so this is late but I hope you understand some people like being Jack of all trade and master of all so I hope you don't prevent that form being possible.

what does the nymphomania stat do and how to unlock it?

Also you could to make a wiki for the mod version like the original so we don't have to ask you things like what I as above this sentence.

One more thing if you already prevent becoming a master of all do you think you can add a option in the options menus to allow us to be a master of all?

Last edited:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
@DragonkingKyo
It isn't impossible to win matches as a Jack?
It is just more practical pick 1-2 stats you want to focus on early on, rather than picking all 3 at the beginning.
Later in the game you can unlock even more stats you can upgrade to get even more diverse skills/traits.
All in all you will be able to upgrade the stats below:
- Seduction
- Power
- Cunning
- Ki
- Dark
- Submissive
- Science
- Arcane
- Fetish
Not to mention I believe there will be 2-4 more stats later in to level up as well.
So go ahead and be a Jack of all trades if you want, but that is if you have the patience.
My advice would be to pick 1-2 stats early games to focus and get decent useful traits you want.
Then if you focus on your character long enough, late game you will become a Jack since at that point you will be a high enough level to get all traits.

Also if you want to know how to unlock certain skills/traits, you could do what I stated above.
Being able to look at the "Trait Requirements" XML document in the data folder of the download, it will tell you what you need.
Nymphomania requires you to have 50 seduction and be level 30.
Try using Notepad++.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Hi, I've encountered a bug/strange behavior in 2.5.1.2. It appears that the NPCs get stuck fighting each other without resolution unless a third party intervenes or you're there to watch. When you come across two NPCs fighting, press "wait" - the fight just goes on forever.

I fixed this a while back, but there hasn't been a release since then. If I have some time, which to be honest is unlikely the coming week or two, I'll fix some of the other bugs which were mentioned and spin up a release myself.

Turns out the NPCs never actually fought each other unless the player was watching. I'm not sure when this bug was introduced, but it might have been the first release with the restructured combat. That was quite a while ago. It's strange how NPCs managed to gain any significant XP with this bug throwing a wrench in things. They most likely had a trickle from threesomes and fights with the player, and the catch-up system did the rest. So, bad news if you thought the game was too hard.

DragonkingKyo

Mar 1, 2017
@DragonkingKyo
Also if you want to know how to unlock certain skills/traits, you could do what I stated above.
Being able to look at the "Trait Requirements" XML document in the data folder of the download, it will tell you what you need.
Nymphomania requires you to have 50 seduction and be level 30.
Try using Notepad++.

I'm asking about the stat Nymphomania that Angel has not the trait and was wondering what it does or will do if it's not ready yet for the players and if is how to get it.

crimsiden

Jul 4, 2016
Are Addictions working as intended right now ? Like milk addiction is insane and the Dark corruption thing seems to w ork even when im not fighting Reyka . Maybe im just terrible lol but i hit level 50 and its just like a wall. I think the only girl I can beat 100 percent of the time is like Jewel/Cassie .

DragonkingKyo

Mar 1, 2017
the cumming sex text for anal and the succubus mouth tail say: Jewel's back arches as thick ropes of jizz fire from her dick and land on your large molten arcane devilish anal pussy(or succubus tail for the tail suck scene). But shouldn't it be: Jewel's back arches as thick ropes of jizz fire from her dick and land in your large molten arcane devilish anal pussy(or succubus tail for the tail suck scene).

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I'm asking about the stat Nymphomania that Angel has not the trait and was wondering what it does or will do if it's not ready yet for the players and if is how to get it.

I see, well thanks for the clarification.
It seems I won't have an answer since I have no way of looking that bit up, sorry...
Well I hope my other information helped at least..?
Good luck finding your answers! <3

DragonkingKyo

Mar 1, 2017
I see, well thanks for the clarification.
It seems I won't have an answer since I have no way of looking that bit up, sorry...
Well I hope my other information helped at least..?
Good luck finding your answers! <3

You also get the Nymphomania stat if you use the futa++ Lvl20 start

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@DragonkingKyo
The player won't normally get the Nymphomania attribute. You can only get it through a custom start scenario or by cheating. It only does one thing: you get a chance to restore willpower on orgasm. Both the chance and the amount restored increase with higher Nymphomania.

Shameless blocking Shameful Display is explicitly in the code, not by some roundabout indirect effect. So while I didn't make either, I'd say it's intentional.

@crimsiden
Barring any undiscovered bugs, addictions are indeed working as intended. As you've discovered, if you let them grow too strong they'll do you in rather quickly. You can ask the Informant for help with them, if need be. Also, I think not being able to beat everyone all the time is a good thing, it means there's still some challenge to the game.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
According to the Traits List.tx file with the game...

"Nymphomania (Angel Nymphomania focus) - Sometimes restores some willpower upon orgasm. Kat also gets this."

There's also the Nymphomania stat which I assume unlocks certain actions related to it's theme. I'm a little fuzzy on it as I haven't played in a while.

witchlook

Mar 4, 2017
Hi there. I'd like to contribute to this game. I've been looking through the repository and have a couple questions.

Are updates to the original game still merged in?
Should I avoid tweaking or adding content to any / certain characters?
Are you cool with me submitting issues for bug tracking? Possibly a bunch of them?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Are updates to the original game still merged in?
No, the two have diverged to such an extent that it really doesn't make much sense to do so anymore. That said, I did sort of steal the idea for a tutorial from The Silver Bard; there's always room for improvements.

Should I avoid tweaking or adding content to any / certain characters?
Not for my sake, and I don't think nergantre would have any qualms about any characters.

Are you cool with me submitting issues for bug tracking? Possibly a bunch of them?
Yes. Absolutely. Please do.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Hey,

Sorry haven't been updating for a while now. The game was just in a good spot for me to take a quick break (mostly to play some old games I never got around to), so I did.

Anyways, I'll be back and doing some more coding either this week or the next. Expect to see some more progress.

BelloAnatra

Dec 20, 2016
So is it just me, or do the NPCs have a very high chance of using Facesit? They use it almost 90% of the time when I'm downed. Not exclusive to any one character either, all of them do it.

Bonedust

Feb 26, 2017
So is it just me, or do the NPCs have a very high chance of using Facesit? They use it almost 90% of the time when I'm downed. Not exclusive to any one character either, all of them do it.

Certain characters might tend to choose facesitting strategy very often if they have the traits that support it. But it shouldn't happen with everybody because facesitting does not have a high priority by default.

quzara

Oct 21, 2015

In contrast to facesitting, I've never received any ass smothering. Is it an available action for the NPCs or am I just unlucky?