Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
The text disappearing bug is mostly ever present for me. The only time I've seen the before-fight text appear normally was in the second listed item below. It doesn't look like anything about it is appearing in the log with DEBUG_SCENE on, but I've attached my log anyway. There's a crash at the end.

• I sometimes notice people moving between distant locations, like to a workshop when I'm in the pool.
  • Jewel was caught by a snare in the Student Union, but I couldn't attack her because I had recently beaten her so I left and found her again in the Liberal Arts building, where it seemed to be a normal encounter (that is, it made no mention of her being tied up and I could approach or flee as per usual), but she was tied up once we got into the fight. In other words, she can either resupply and move around freely while tied up and you don't get the ambush option when she's trapped, or she got caught in another trap there and there was no ambush option.
  • Turning off the system messages disables the text that shows your and your opponents' attacks.
  • "Disguised" appears as a status when Airi is mimicking someone else. I'm trying that high Perception run I said I would, so maybe this is intentional, but I can't remember if you can normally see your opponent's statuses with low Perception.
  • "Your body longs for the exquisite pain and submission Jewel can bring you, reducing your stamina and causing masochisitc tendencies."
  • "Jewel uses Tempt. Jewel licks her lips, "Soon, I'll have you wailing like a whore." You speak with such unquestionable authority that Jewel doesn't even consider not obeying."

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    680.6 KB · Views: 1

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Bronzechair,

That's super weird... wonder if it's an execution order kind of thing? I'll see if I can slip some more debug messages into the next build to help take a look at what's going on. I'm guessing somehow the message is getting cleared before it gets displayed...

I've found the errors in your log btw, thanks. If you're curious, it has something to do with either Angel using Jewel as a pet with simulacrum or Airi copying Jewel. In both cases, when the disguised/copied Jewel tries to talk, the code is trying to find the opponent of Jewel in the current combat, which doesn't exist since the real Jewel isn't in that combat match :|

About the map movement thing, there's a short cut you can take between the
- workshop and pool
- tunnel and library
if you have >28 Cunning.

I didn't even know you could do this :| (I rarely play cunning builds)

The snare thing seems like a bug, I'll try keeping an eye out for it.

I didn't implement the system message option, so that might be intended? Not entirely sure.

You can't see statuses without 6 perception. You can't see through disguised unless you're at 9 perception.

Also, I realized I never actually implemented the money cost of body modifications. Will do that next patch.

scissorsfan

Jan 22, 2017
Hey, first thanks for this game. I've really enjoyed playing it.

For one of the bugs in the 2.5.0.rc2 build (the one Bronzechair noted "Instead of a sex scene, the game says your opponent has leveled up (or nothing at all, if they don't level) after your fight. The attribute points I selected went to me as normal"), it seems as if this bug only occurs if Fast Combat Display is turned on. I can reproduce it consistently with it on, but it doesn't seem to occur otherwise.

I haven't done much testing on the new build yet but wanted to pass this along.

Thanks again! ^_^

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
@scissorsfan
Thank you, you're definitely right; the missing text bug is related to fast combat display being enabled. All of the missing text (except the focus choices, which I haven't seen because I'm well past those levels now) appears as it should when I disable the option. If it helps any, I noticed the result of choosing a focus would appear, just not the part where they ask which you prefer.

@nergantre
The system message option has been working normally for many builds prior to this one. It's the option that is supposed to display exactly how much damage you/they are doing with attacks, but in this version it simply skips the text altogether unless fast combat display is disabled. So, I think it's safe to say it's also a part of this missing text mystery.

Thanks for the info, and yeah, I do like hearing about the bugs and fixes.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Ahh goddamn. That's what it was, completely forgot about it.

I've fixed it now, along with refactoring the combat phases yet again so that we don't have such long stack traces any more (or have stack overflow issues if we run out of memory... lol)

2.5.0.rc.3
https://mega.nz/#!8hQFHSDb!gYen_VHp_YqDeQF-RY7vW74RuIzokOscEzmutQDGzg0
edit: posted wrong link, make sure it's actually RC3 if you dled before this message

Code:
2.5.0.rc.3
Bug fixes:
- fixed a bug with the fast combat display not displaying the correct things
- fixed a bug where orgasming between turn 1 and turn 2 won't skip player 2's turn
- fixed a crash bug related to disguise
- added in the money cost to mods like I said I would in the previous mods
- fixed gui not working correctly when the player levels in combat

Stuff I forgot to put into the old change logs (since rc1):
- Raised the prices of drafts a bit since they're much more effective now with mods being stackable
    - lowered the number of drafts needed for transformations a bit to compensate
- Added the "Molten drippings" item
    - this is collectable with an empty bottle from defeating someone with a fiery pussy (ie Jewel)
    - this is drinkable and throwable like other drafts
    - effects are: deals 500 pain damage, stuns the target for 25 turns, and makes them level up
    - only usable during combat

Minor:
- Added a minor non-placeholder message for players using tempt

scissorsfan

Jan 22, 2017
Played another hour or so on 2.5.0.rc3
  • The text bug seems to be fixed
  • Strip Minor does not seem to trigger a counter, but other strips do (StripMinor doesn't seem to override makesContact)
  • There is something strange going on with XP. Playing normally, I did a few fights, and the display said I reached level 2, but I didn't get any level up notification or bonus points. Then, looking at XP once I reached level 2, it did some weird things... for example, I was at level 2 / 24xp, won a match, it displayed level 2 / 67 xp, then when I went back to the map, it showed level 2 / 12 xp. Nothing interesting in the log file. I'm playing on normal XP, with NPC XP bonuses. This happened twice from a new game.

I don't know what other information would be useful here (or how to enable DEBUG_SCENE or other flags that might help)

Edit: I had the wrong values above, sorry. I experimented with this some more by surrendering every match. My guess is that when you reach level 2 / 55+ xp, it tries to level up to 3 by subtracting 55 xp, but doesn't actually level. In another example, I had 2/43, surrendered, gained 18xp, went to 2/61, and then down to 2/6. I was able to reproduce this a few more times.

Last edited:

Pazz

May 27, 2016
I just played version 2.5.0_rc_1, only to see that there are two new versions up. I will still post the bugs I found, since I haven't seen them being discussed here, besides the few crashes I had.

1#
"Mara's error error error error girl-cock grew into a large error error error error girl-cock"
When playing futanari time. Also, it's a bit funny that a scientist has an error girl-cock. That should be her new focus.
(Jewel has the same problem.)

2#
The trait Stable Form doesn't grant you immunity to Mara's Breast Ray and such attacks.

3#
The attack Invitation is still annoying. Though my lv41 character with the Free Spirit trait did manage to resist this once. So that's one time in over hundreds matches. When the AI captures my character this way, they also want to escape. But none of them can't because you automatically try to hold someone when he/she is trying to escape. Even if you want to get out of there as well.

4#
"Mara is riding you in Reverse Cowgirl position, facing you feet.
Mara uses Strip Bottoms. Mara grabs the waistband of your harpoon onahole and pulls them down. Your boner springs out, no longer restrained by your pants.
Mara spent 2 mojo."

5#
"You are flat on your back with your feet over your head while Jewel pegs you with her error error girl-cock.
You use Nothing.
Seeing the thick phallus in front of yourself, you can't but help offer up your ass in hopes that Jewel will fill your rear door.
Jewel is holding you from behind.
You are pumped, ready to finish this!"

I also really like the 3 vs 3 mod. Eager to test a new version of that.

Aosta

Jan 18, 2016
Just to check, has anyone encountered this bug from the older or current versions?

If you use Cock Growth on Airi when she has none, use any form of insertion that involves penetration of oneself, then force Airi to come, the text box goes empty and you have to restart the game? Think it's because Airi's cock resets to zero (No cock.) when she goes into Slime mode.

I haven't tried the ass stuff on the newest update yet, will give it a go afterwards and see.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Pazz

#1 should be fixed... I think?

#2 woops will fix some time

#3 yeah invitation might have been a bad idea. Maybe make it require the submissive trait? and use that to calculate success chance? not entire sure what to do with it... If it disappears, certain low cunning/power characters like Angel become a bit underwhelming.

#4 woops. will fix.

#5 same as #1 I think

@Aosta

Crap yeah that sounds like a bug. Will fix some time in the near future.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Nothing big but I made a female character, and after struggling into a dominant position and then using "pull out" (Maybe change to pull off for female?).
It said this:
You are holding Jewel's legs across your chest while grinding your soaked cunt into her pussy.
You use Pull Out.
You pull yourself off Jewel's face, causing her to gasp lungfuls of the new fresh air offer to her.

I think 2 different actions were mixed into this message.
So is this a bug, or does it go under the typo category? <3

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
I'm running into an odd problem in 2.5.0.rc.3; I can't gain experience beyond level 2. I can progress through level 1 without a problem, and I can get up to about 50xp at level 2. But after that, regardless of whether I win or lose the next fight, my xp drops down to about 20.

I even gave the 'Very Fast' Exp Rate choice a try to see how it would work out. By the end of the second match, the NPCs were level 6-8, and I was still at 2.

Start: Futanari Time
Sex: Trap
Strength: Dexterous
Weakness: Ass Addict
Exp: Normal
Difficulty: Normal
NPC Bonuses: Off
Player Level: 2

This produces no errors or stack traces in the logs at all.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Missing text bug is fixed. I'm experiencing the same problem 7N24 has. This crash came up when I loaded my save from rc2 and won a battle.
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.status.DivineCharge.tick(DivineCharge.java:45)
at nightgames.characters.Character.lambda$tick$7(Character.java:1115)
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.characters.Character.tick(Character.java:1115)
at nightgames.characters.Character.upkeep(Character.java:2324)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.upkeep(NPC.java:930)
at nightgames.global.Match.round(Match.java:104)
at nightgames.global.Match.resume(Match.java:127)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.endCombat(GUI.java:1257)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.end(Combat.java:1392)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.next(Combat.java:1347)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:827)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resumeNoClearFlag(Combat.java:256)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resume(Combat.java:266)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.lambda$nextButton$257(GUI.java:1454)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$new$762(RunnableButton.java:15)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

As well, I noticed...
  • My jeans were removed with Strip Minor. Aren't minor articles only shoes, socks, and gloves?
  • Enabling SKILL_DEBUG_CHOICE and selecting a skill causes the game to lock up with no error produced.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Goddamn.

Code:
-         if (beingObserved) {
+        if (!ding && beingObserved) {
             Global.gui().endCombat();
         }

FORGOT TO PUT THAT BACK IN.

Also I found a bug where the loss exp wasn't being scaled up correctly when the opponent overlevels you. This makes the catch up mechanic basically null and void. I fixed this now, but do be aware that if you are level 1 and are on very fast exp mode and fight someone at level 100, you will jump to level 50 after a single loss. lol.

Sorry for releasing so many broken builds. I really should test stuff more thoroughly, but on release days I keep wanting to push fixes out ASAP :\

https://mega.nz/#!c1g3yRTQ!8_K0omqzkggDawC_UXzpAetHj9Qi6DlXv1fW2RTRXNg

v2.5.0.rc.4
Code:
2.5.0.rc.4
Bug fixes:
- fixed an issue introduced with rc.3 that prevented players from leveling up.
    - this also fixes the issue where DEBUG_SKILL_CHOICES would freeze the game and 
      non-lingering status effects would remain after leveling up (causing other crashes)
- fixed an issue where loss exp was not being calculated correctly.
- fixed an issue where strip minor could strip non-minor articles of clothing if it also covered a minor slot.
- fixed an issue where pull out was always using the text for facesitting

Last edited:

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
In v2.5.0.rc.4 I seem to be unable to interact with the lower portions of the NPCs in any way. I have the option to Strip Top and Strip Minor, but nothing for lower. No errors are produced.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Very cool! It's pretty fun, now that I've had a chance for play for a decent while. All of the new focuses I've seen are really interesting, and I've not even tried tentacles or mind control yet. The new colors are easy on the eyes and have good readability, so that's nice too. Here's my latest report, and attached log for crashes.

• How do you get the new body mods? Only the old ones are showing up for me.
  • "You use Strip Minor. Error: Tried to do StripMinor, but the sub choice disappeared?" Used on Jewel, who was wearing her gi and panties at the time.
  • Strip Minor can't remove Eve's garters. Same error as above.
  • Strip Bottoms never seems to appear anymore.
  • Is the training collar accessible? Mara has had the trait for three nights now, but it doesn't appear as an option with DEBUG_SKILL_CHOICE, and she's never used it on me herself.
  • The third Maglock says "incapable to struggle" instead of "incapable of struggling".
  • Living Clothing: Other actually puts the living suit on the user.
  • Mara sometimes spams Nothing for a few turns in a row.
  • Becoming plasticized by Airi doesn't seem to have any text notifying the player it's occurred.
  • Disguised Airi sometimes has the portrait of her disguise replaced by her own portrait before she makes the reveal. Might be related to going from having a stance picture up back to neutral.
  • How is Drain supposed to work? Sometimes it does very minor temptation damage and sometimes it drains 200~ stamina. The flavor text says it steals some of your opponent's physical power or sexual prowess, so I assume it's supposed to drain their attributes, but it never seems to do that.
  • Grabber arms are a bit fishy. I think they sometimes quietly release you, and I once saw Mara struggle and remove one of her one grabbers that was attached to me.
  • "You use Struggle.
    ERROR: Something went wrong with the MagLocks..." I think this one popped up while two grabbers had me and all three Mag Locks were applied.
  • "Mara uses Stick Bomb.
    You, having pulled a small sphere from somewhere, leans down and places said sphere on your chest. It gives of a soft beep. You try to roll it of you by twisting you torso, but the device sticks to you as if it were glued in place." While Mara was mounted, facing me.
  • Enthralled NPCs will also masturbate. Prior to this patch they would do nothing if not given an order. It's trance that forces them to masturbate.

• As your first battle of the night begins, you can't help but think about Angel's feet and how it would feel on your skin.
  • You use Deep Kiss. You pull Angel to you and kiss her passionately. You run your tongue over her lips until she opens them and immediately invade her mouth. You tangle your tongue around hers and probe the sensitive insides her mouth.
  • Strip Minor returns things like "You reach for Angel's high heels and pull it away from her."
  • "Eve keeps your face between their tits, with her large breasts fully encompassing your view. You cannot even breathe except for the short pauses when Eve allows you to by loosens her grip."
  • Angel has summoned Mei (Level 40) Standing up in the fading light, {self:SUBJECT} looks around bewilderedly before catching sight of you and Angel. {self:SUBJECT} waves happily at {other:name-do} "Hiya {other:name}, fancy meeting you here! Huh are we on campus? I seem to be half naked and Angel has wings? Wait what's going on?"
  • "Mara's Defrabrication Cannon uses Defabrication Ray Mara's Defrabrication Cannon points at you, its head faintly glowing with a blue light. Suddenly, an eerily similar light surrounds {target:name-possessive} karate gi, and it soon disappears entirely!"
  • "Mara's Heat Ray Cannon uses Heat Ray Mara's Heat Ray Cannon levels its opening at Jewel menancingly. She doesn't see anyting, but she certainly feels what the device is doing as areas all over her body grow uncomfortably, almost painfully hot."
  • "Your imp jumps onto Eve and humps at her dick before Eve can pull her off. As her pussy touch her, she draws large gouts of life energy out of her big girl-dick which is greedily absorbed by her succubus slit."
  • "Mara uses Command. Mara orders {target:name-do} to be still." When Airi was disguised as Mara and used a Dark Talisman.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    64.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I cannot fix anything right now, since nergantre hasn't pushed rc4 yet. I can, however, try to answer some questions:

Buying the new body part mods should work the same way the old ones do. You need a high affection with the corresponding character, the part you want modded, and in some cases level 30+.

The training collar is accessible, but rare (intentionally). The victim must be disabled for Mara to be able to apply it, and she needs to be in a position where she can reach their head. (Which is most of them.) I notice that there isn't an artificial incentive to pick it, though, and since the immediate effects are limited it's unlikely to get picked. I added such an incentive in the branch I use for adding Reyka's focuses, so it will get released with those.

The 'nothing in a row' might be that she ran out of stamina in a submissive position. I noticed that doesn't (always?) produce a message. It might not be, though.

Drain has five possible outcomes:
  1. Fail and arouse the user for 25% of max arousal.
  2. Drain stamina. It's difficult to say how much, but the base value is 50. That's modded by about a hundred things first, though.
  3. Drain some of the target's current mojo.
  4. Drain max(10, 1 + Dark / 4) points of Cunning, Power or Seduction, and empty the target's mojo.
  5. Critical hit: Do all of the above (except #1), but drain all three listed attributes instead of just one.
(The calculation for which of these occurs is weird and I can't see how I ever thought it was a good idea to do it that way.)

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
While doing a threesome with imp, it's giving me incorrect messages, probably saying the imp's cock is yours.

Your body glows purple as Angel feels her very spirit drained into your big girl-cock through your connection.
Angel was drained of 14 stamina by you
Angel was aroused for 8 (imp cum)
You were healed for 1
Angel was healed for 1

Your body has a girlish face, normal skin, a girlish ass, smallish B Cup boobs, an ordinary succubus pussy, normal hands, a demonic tail, a normal mouth, normal feet, demonic wings, and pointed ears.
Nude and on full display, you have a lovely naked body. (2.4)
Traits:
Dark Promises, Energy Drain, Level Drainer, Powerful Hips, Semenphage, Succubus

also:

With Jewel defeated and unable to fight back, you climb on top of her and press your wet snatch on top of {poss-pronoun}.
annnd after a few ticks of that message group it softlocked

Last edited:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
@dndw
  • I have enough affection to be able to change Jewel's outfit (save file says 25, and I spent a couple of nights that I didn't save sparring with her for more), but the retraining option never showed. Just grow/remove her cock (which, by the way, says her pussy is replaced but it actually turns her into a herm) and get an enlightened cock.
  • Ah, they have to be disabled for the collar. I tried every position and bondage, but not Winded. I'll try again later.
  • I'm pretty sure she was always in a neutral position when the Nothing spam occurred, and I remember a couple times I was tied up at the moment so I probably wasn't emptying out her stamina.
  • Drain isn't supposed to do temptation damage? Because I distinctly remember it doing 4 once and 24 once.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Drain isn't supposed to do temptation damage? Because I distinctly remember it doing 4 once and 24 once.
Actually, it is. Forgot to mention that part.

Another bug for you: Combat does not always reset the combatants' states to State.ready. The result is a StackOverflowError by way of Match#round->Player#move->Match#resume->Match#round->ad infinitum. Fun times.

Also, just when I finished my last fight for today, I found a null which had wormed its way into someone's trait list, causing a NullPointerException somewhere down the line. We'll have to track it down...

Last edited:

Truepower

Dec 27, 2016
Sometimes during combat the skills become unresponsive and I have to restart the game. According to the logs it's a StackOverflow error.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    977.1 KB · Views: 1

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@dndw,
do you know if that's on the latest rc.4 build? I know that was an issue in rc3 for sure.

Also I think I was the one who put in that weird calc for drain lol... :(

@Truepower,
d'oh an autorefactor killed that. Will fix thanks

@Bronzechair,
Will fix the stuff I can find, thanks

edit:
The enthrall change was intended, forgot to put it into the patch notes.
Obey now does two things:
if the character is human, it does an additional command from the master
if the character is an NPC, they will masturbate

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
v2.5.0.rc.5
https://mega.nz/#!c5BwSTaa!KXMvjGQeohk2h-zw6vdonLJ-bwQMCTekQmwi6IHxbpg
WARNING: Saves will not be compatible with rc.4 and less (unless you want to do a search and replace of GenericCockPart -> CockPart in your save file)

Code:
2.5.0.rc.5

QoL/GUI:
- Requirements for transformations are now green if you meet them or red if you don't.

Bug Fixes:
- Fixed penises never being described
- Cocks and pussies will not be described if the opponent has a lower garment
    - Cocks will be described as a bulge if > average sized even if they do have something on.
- Fixed crash bugs with certain lines
- Fixed stripping bugs
- Fixed mods not showing up
- Fixed some crash bugs related to traits (maybe)
- Fixed a bunch of text bugs (thanks BronzeChair)

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
  • The arm and leg lock statuses persist even if the locking party becomes Winded. Since they're taken out of commission and the lockee is said to hold onto them to support them, I think the latter should have the option to pull out at that point.
  • Mara used Invitation on me and her Silicone Arm pegged me in the same turn. That's all well and fine, but I somehow came on her cleavage. Shortly before this I was only able to choose Invitation as my options, for no apparent reason. It was like I was Frenzied (I had access to all pink fucking skills, including Wild Thrust), except it wasn't reflected in the status list, and I don't know where it came from; it wasn't the bomb.
  • Collecting Jewel's fluids gave me demonic pussy juice (extreme aphrodisiac?) instead of molten drippings.
  • Mara will sometimes strip, dissolve, or tear her onahole harpoon off me.
  • Take this one with a grain of salt because I could be misremembering it, but what I think happened was I grabbed Mara from behind and cuffed her, then she escaped from the cuffs and was holding me from behind the next turn.
  • The collar stops working after a bit. I assume it's running out of batteries, but I don't know if that's the case or if Mara even needs to manage them, so I mention it to be safe.

• Cock Worship: "Playing with your big phallus arouses you almost as much as you."
  • Defabrication Cannon and Heat Ray will sometimes announce they're attacking but have no effect; perhaps the text for missed mechanical arms attacks isn't being displayed. Successful defabs still say "{target:name-possessive}".
  • There are probably a ton of variants on this quirk, so tell me if I should report them or not: Innocent Appearance + Sacrifice (from the Dark attribute) says you use less strength than you intended.
  • "You use Struggle. As Jewel is thrusting into you, you suddenly pull your face up towards her, and kisses her deeply. Taking advantage of her surprise, You quickly pushes her down and start fucking her back on top of her."
  • "Angel uses Surrender. After giving up on the fight, Angel start fantasizing about your body. She quickly find herself at the edge."
  • "Angel uses Masturbate. Angel slowly teases her own labia and starts playing with herself. Angel's normal divine pussy radiates a golden glow when she moans. Angel realizes Angel is feeding on her own pleasure to charge up her divine energy."
  • "Mara's harpoon onahole is still stuck on your big dick, vibrating against her shaft."

Disclaimer is that I used my old save file and word replaced, because the lower levels seem to be pretty stable. Let me know if I should start fresh (though I'm like to do so soon anyway. I just wanted to focus on smoothing out the newest additions first).

Crash:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.doEndOfTurnUpkeep(Combat.java:479)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:818)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resumeNoClearFlag(Combat.java:257)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resume(Combat.java:267)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.lambda$nextButton$258(GUI.java:1454)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$new$756(RunnableButton.java:15)

EDIT: Just a few more items before I cease my relentless harassment.

• You can flee from opponents while bound outside a fight.
  • Reversal ignores the training collar.
  • The stabilizer arms also sometimes have no description text, and they don't resist Shove, Dominate, Force Down, or Tackle, so I'm not sure if they're working at all.
  • While I'm complaining about Invitation, I think being tied up should cut off arm lock too.
  • I was kneeling in front of Jewel (Foot Worship stance) when she used Oral Pin on me (at which point the game told me I was on top of her), and then she used Shredding Palm to knock me off of her. All kinds of weirdness there.

• "Eve uses Escape. Eve tries to peel you off your legs, but you hold on tightly. After thoroughly exhausting her attempts, you smile smugly and runs your tongue along her shaft to demostrate your victory."
  • I was on top of Eve, taking it up the ass and she somehow came in my mouth.
  • Same stance as above: "Eve uses Struggle. Eve tries to squirm away, but you have better leverage. Her hard cock grinding against your bowels as sheattempts to twist out of your grip brings both of you closer to the edge."
  • A missed Launch Harpoon directed at the PC ends in a comma rather than a period.
  • Training Collar: "Appearantly punishing Jewel for being dominant, the collar around her neck gives her a painful shock. At the same time, you grab hold of her body and gets yourself into a more advantegeous position." Also worth noting is that despite the last line, the positions did not change at this point.
  • Gifting clothing to Jewel causes her to say you're "a pretty nice". This one probably isn't worth looking at because the entire scene is a single sentence, but here it is for completion's sake.

When spectating a fight...
  • Dissolve, Onahole, Stick Bomb, Throw Bomb, and Breast Smother say "you".
  • "You see Mara swoon slightly as she gets close to you. Seems like she's starting to feel the effects of your musk."
  • Some of the position descriptions (in green) use the second person: "Mara is flat on her back with her feet over her head while Jewel pegs you with her huge enlightened incubus girl-phallus."
  • Some of the quotes address the PC: "Please Bee, finish me in any other way!"
  • Spectating a fight appears to use the fighters' Perception rather than your own for the purposes of determining arousal and such.
  • There's a lot of stuff that talks about how one of the fighters is feeling because of the makeshift nature of the descriptions, but rectifying that is a massive undertaking that I'm not feeling right now, so I personally won't get into that.

Last edited:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I fixed some of this stuff this time!
ArmLocked and LegLocked persist when user becomes Winded -> Fixed. It also ends on enthrallment, flatfooted-ness or some other distraction.
Weird order of events with Mara -> I've got nothing. EDIT: Actually, it probably was the bomb. Looks like some effects are delayed by a turn. Oops
Jewel drops ExtremeAphrodisiac -> Is it possible she was under the influence of a SuccubusDraft? Regardless, there was a bug preventing you from getting MoltenDrippings; if you had a gooey pussy, you got two drops instead, but none for the fiery.
Mara removes/destroys the harpoon -> I'm not going to make this impossible, it makes sense sometimes. It should probably be discouraged, though. There is currently no mechanism (I think?) which judges how 'good' clothing is for the AI, but I might make that later.
Mara escapes two things at once -> I will indeed take that grain of salt, if you don't mind.
The collar runs out of batteries -> Intentional, but I have increased the max charge since it was a little low. Mara can recharge the collar if she has enough batteries, but the same restrictions apply as for when she puts it on in the first place.
Weird worship text -> Fixed. This applied to all worship types, and occurred when masturbating (I think, need to test).
Arm-based rays printing when they shouldn't -> I fixed the typo, but they can't print without hitting. It's possible for the defab ray to target things like shoes, though, so maybe you just didn't notice.
InnocentAppearance triggers on self-mutilation -> Fixed. It now only triggers when another character is the source of the pain.
Text issues -> Fixed.
Crash -> It's got to do with pets being removed because they run out of stamina or, potentially, because of some other end-of-turn effect. I'm not going to touch this for now, since nergantre has been moving stuff around in there lately.
Escape while bound -> Not anymore. I've made it so if you are found while bound, it counts as an automatic ambush.
Reversal ignored by the collar -> Fixed. It acts just like Struggle/Escape now.

^That's all I had time for right now. The rest will have to wait for tomorrow, unless nergantre picks them off first.

Last edited:

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
Excellent.

Jewel had used a Succubus Draft during that fight, but it wore off well before the fight ended, so she should have had her fiery pussy back.

svnhddbst

Dec 4, 2015
This is now a 61 page thread, and I am not sure what I should even use as a search term, so I will ask directly: if I want all enemies to use certain abilities more often, how and what should I edit?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Are there any sort of particular considerations that I need to take into account if I want to replace any images in the "Assets" folder, or can I just throw what ever in there (besides obviously renaming the new image to match what the game will call for in that instance)? Are their any file formats or image dimensions that will cause issues for instance?

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Sacredferro, honestly I'm not sure. I think it should just work as long as the filenames are the same (including extensions).

I'm not sure what will happen if you have a png and renamed it .jpg though.

@svnhddbst,

Honestly that might be a better question for dndw. I think you can modify the DefaultAiModifications.json in the data directory, but you'd have to modify it for each npc.

@Bronzechair,
D'oh.
Code:
        if (checkBottleCollection(victor, loser, GooeyMod.INSTANCE)) {
            write(victor, Global.format(
                            "<br/><b>{other:SUBJECT-ACTION:shoot|shoots} {self:name-do} a dirty look as {self:subject-action:move|moves} to collect some of {other:possessive} goo in an empty bottle</b>",
                            victor, loser));
            victor.consume(Item.EmptyBottle, 1, false);
            victor.gain(Item.BioGel, 1);
        }
        if (checkBottleCollection(victor, loser, GooeyMod.INSTANCE)) {
            write(victor, Global.format(
                            "<br/><b>{other:SUBJECT-ACTION:shoot|shoots} {self:name-do} a dirty look as {self:subject-action:move|moves} to collect some of {other:possessive} excitement in an empty bottle</b>",
                            victor, loser));
            victor.consume(Item.EmptyBottle, 1, false);
            victor.gain(Item.MoltenDrippings, 1);
        }

That second GooeyMod should be FieryMod. Also, drinking a succubus draft shouldn't prevent her from dropping molten drippings, it would just give you both. If you know, it wasn't looking for gooey.

@dndw,

Awesome thanks! Unfortunately I'll be pretty busy until early next week, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to spin a new build. If there are enough fixes built up, feel free to do a release. I'll try and edit the front page whenever I can.

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
But wait, there's more!

• Stick Bomb is usable while pinned.
  • Having two grabbers latch onto you doesn't break your Pin.
  • Mara can remove grabbers you have on by struggling when she herself is restrained: "Mara uses Struggle. Mara wrenches your Grabber off her wrist without too much trouble."
  • Opponent using Breast Smother: "Eve rocks your head between your D Cup breasts trying to force you to gasp for air."
  • Grabbers seem to quietly let go after a turn or two. I'm not sure on the details, since they don't show up in the status list until you have both on you.
  • Is it possible for Mara to equip only a single grabber? I ran into her with two of them today and they were trying to grab me very frequently, to a degree that I'm pretty sure wasn't happening the other night. But if she can halve the grab rate by only equipping one, she can never immobilize you, right?

Retraining crash:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedHashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
at java.util.LinkedHashMap$LinkedKeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.characters.LevelUpData.unapply(LevelUpData.java:32)
at nightgames.characters.Character.dong(Character.java:436)
at nightgames.daytime.JewelTime.lambda$buildTransformationPool$658(JewelTime.java:117)
at nightgames.daytime.BaseNPCTime.visit(BaseNPCTime.java:90)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.lambda$eventButton$259(GUI.java:1460)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$new$756(RunnableButton.java:15)

Last edited:

BelloAnatra

Dec 20, 2016
Are there any sort of particular considerations that I need to take into account if I want to replace any images in the "Assets" folder, or can I just throw what ever in there (besides obviously renaming the new image to match what the game will call for in that instance)? Are their any file formats or image dimensions that will cause issues for instance?

I've replaced a good 70% of my Assets folder with images that suit my own taste. From what I've found, as long as the extension matches, you're good to go. Just remember to reduce the size of the image so it doesn't take up the whole screen ;)