Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Demon Girl

Feb 25, 2016
@nergantre

https://github.com/nergantre/nightg...gamesMod/nightgames/characters/Character.java

Whenever an NPC is a low level, they get a lvlBonus depending on their level difference. However, the Player doesn't get that same lvlBonus if the Player is a low level. The Player only gets 18 experience.

Is this intentional? I reported this a while ago. It makes submissive streak playthroughs more difficult since the Player doesn't get the same experience bonuses as NPCs do.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
@DarkSinfulMage

Could you post a few more lines from that crash? Also, fuck the divine mod still has problems :<
@nergantre
It seems to have disappeared with the last build, but I'd double check it.

- I've been getting some very strange double messages and a strange splitting of scenes.

The most common is a scene triggering as I make someone cum. They will cum, I'll get the scene, I'l hit a button and the cumming scene will not only repeat, but also split the response message to the scene between the very top and bottom.

- Also - yes this means sometimes cumming scenes will play twice- this is common on/after levelup.

- Several buttons for traits will never stop appearing on levelup. (Tactician for example)

- Eyes Of Temptation or Dark Talisman: Force Down or Strip Self will never stop appearing, especially late game.

- During daytime and Select Trait - Some buttons will appear behind other buttons.

This also happens sometimes:
You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms.

Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm.
You notice Angel heads for one of the safe rooms, probably to get a change of clothes.

You and Jewel grapple back and forth for several minutes. Soon you're both tired, sweaty, and aroused. You catch her hands for a moment and run your tongue along her neck and collarbone. Recognizing her disadvantage, she jumps out of your grasp and directly into Angel. Neither of you noticed Angel approach. Before Jewel can react, Angel pulls her into a passionate kiss. Jewel forgets to resist and goes limp long enough for Angel to pin her arms.

Jewel's arms are firmly pinned, so she tries to kick you ineffectually. You catch her ankles and slowly begin kissing and licking your way up her legs while gently, but firmly, forcing them apart. By the time you reach her inner thighs, she's given up trying to resist. Since you no longer need to hold her legs, you can focus on her flooded pussy. You pump two fingers in and out of her while licking and sucking her clit. In no time at all, she's trembling and moaning in orgasm.
You've gained a Level!
Select which attributes to increase.

You've gained a Level!
3 Attribute Points remain.

You've gained a Level!
3 Attribute Points remain.
Jewel has leveled up!

Last edited:

quzara

Oct 21, 2015
I have a question: one time while I was browsing this thread, or a thread for nightgames mod on fenoxo I saw a picture of what looked like a mod or another game in the same style as Nightgames? The window had the same styling but instead of fighting you could have a conversation with a girl or were managing that girl. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't find it anymore.

BPIdev

Nov 12, 2016
Looks like anal pussy upgrade does not interact properly with ass expansion. I expanded my ass to the maximum, then bought anal pussy, then I was able to expand my ass again, changing the size of my anal pussy in the description. Then I was able to buy anal pussy upgrade again, resetting the size of it.

Another thing, on Futa++20 start, Kat, unlike other characters, did not offer me to make both specialization choices after the first encounter.

Also, not sure if this is by design, but anal pussy upgrade seems to invalidate the starting ass fetish weakness.

One more thing, the breast pleasuring text refers to breasts as to a singular item.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Drain messages seem to be acting in reverse, augmenting you.

You use Grind.
You grind your hips against her without thrusting. Jewel trembles and gasps as the movement stimulates her clit and the walls of her fiery slit.
You use your expert cock control to grind against Jewel's inner walls, making her knuckles whiten as she moans uncontrollably.
Your expert handling of Jewel's pussy causes Jewel to shudder uncontrollably.
Jewel's fiery slit was pleasured by your massive shaft for 81 base:25.0 (12.0 + 13.0) x multiplier: 3.25 (1 + sen:-0.3 + ple:2.1 + per:0.7 + stage:-0.30 )
Plunging your massive phallus into her fiery cunt leaves you gasping from the heat.
Your innocent appearance throws her off and Jewel uses much less strength than intended.
Jewel knows how to fight dirty, and manages to give you a lot more trouble than you expected despite being in a compromised position.
You were hurt for 35
Something about the way Jewel hits you seems to strip away your strength.
Your Power is now greatly augmented.
Your massive shaft was pleasured by Jewel's fiery slit for 12 base:6.0 (6.0) x multiplier: 1.99 (1 + sen:0.0 + ple:0.6 + per:0.7 + stage:-0.30 )
You built 12 mojo.

I also think addiction removal is not removing addictions. I can remove them and suffer a lot of the effects.

EDIT:

Scaling post 50 is still kinda crazy. I think that the automatic tempting -> full arousal -> willpower drain chain might be really broken past this point. Returning to the scale to 100 topic, I think that it's worth examining how the action economy works once everyone has pets, addictions, and other things happening.

Speaking of pets, angels pets post 50-60 have so many actions happening it's a little nuts. Mara's devices are also pretty crazy.

Last edited:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for all the reports, I found most of the problems mentioned, but I probably wont have a chance to release a build until late this weekend or some time next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I think there's a couple ways to fix the situation, and one is very simple to execute:

1. Cap level at 50.

This is the easiest, it falls in line with development of the base game, it settles all problems of build, growth, and late game.

2. Rescaling and rebalancing.

We've discussed this before but it seems that there's a few too many elements converging at different points in the game to justify the work to create an endlessly mired system.

I like #1 because it's easy and puts emphasis on content after 50 and keeps gameplay constant instead of exponentially spiraling out of control. I like #2 because the sky's the limit with content and gameplay.( and I still want my dream of my taking angels divinity for myself and having others prostrate themselves before me.)

In order to do #2 one would need to decide what the win conditions are and decide how they play out from 1 to 100. That's a very difficult job and exhaustive. Considering that Willpower 0 is the ultimate win condition, and despite a lot of things coming out, the Action Economy has gotten a bit crazy. As I've suggested in a past post - the fundamentals aren't adequate for what we're putting in and trying to make and we've lost control of the game.

Truepower

Dec 27, 2016
A slight text inconsistency with the incubus cock Frottage
"Eve uses Frottage.
Eve pushes her huge incubus phallus against the sensitive head of your member, dominating your manhood."
...while I don't have a dick.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@DarkSinfulMage
You (hopefully) had your Power augmented from another source. For example, if you have a +15 Power buff, then you get 3 points drained from you, it will still be a +12 buff. That counts as 'greatly augmented', hence the message. It could be better, though.

@People with issues arising from Reyka's focuses
That's what you get for hacking WIP content into your save file.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
@DarkSinfulMage
You (hopefully) had your Power augmented from another source. For example, if you have a +15 Power buff, then you get 3 points drained from you, it will still be a +12 buff. That counts as 'greatly augmented', hence the message. It could be better, though.

It's a bit misleading, though - as the message is not a message of a change, but of your current status. It's already reported at the top of each new page.

The reported change should be "Your Strength has been sapped" with a debug message of the source (Jewel's blah). You can check your status on the next new page.

Speaking of Status: I'd like it if the status box displayed your level.

Last edited:

exotic

Jan 28, 2017
Is there any creator tool for the latest version? I tried adding my custom NPC using the creator from previous version but the game just doesn't load, either a new game or load a save file. Im not sure if im doing it wrong

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
Haven't been able to play for a long while, so let me report some things... under starting conditions edited from Futa 20++ => removed cocks from girls and fixed "herm" gender, removed "futatime" iirc from flags, but kept "hardmode" on...

- You can (still?) use invitation from a teabagging position. Tried it with Reyka, I believe, and it just completely failed with a prompt to tell you something's going wrong
- Err...completely locked down by Sarah + Angel Breast Smother...simultaneously. Flavour text keeps referring to Sarah, both keep smothering me, and Struggle/Escape targets Angel, referring to how you got out of her grip, but then the next turn starts with you being smothered by Sarah. Completely locked out of options.
- The one time I fought Mara, she was using MagLocks, but every time MagLock was used, she then did Nothing next turn...then Maglock...then Nothing...and kept going until she "ran out of batteries" and all Maglocks fell onto the floor
- Not sure if it's a bug, it might be because of Naïve weakness, but...at the very start, considering you start in that mode with 50 Seduction, why in god's name are these Tempts hitting me for 100+ arousal? oO Hard mode?
- I've had fetishes of <0.25 pussy fetish, yet there are times when I'm fucking/being fucked, and all I have is sex options, including Wild Thrust, without the Frenzy status. Does Nymphomania locks you there? What does Nymphomania even do (despite seeing Angel with it)?
- Took the trait Last Stand, but when it triggers, I can make someone cum thrice - first with my non-existent honeypot, second with my dick, and third with the return damage from whatever she used (Bounce, Grind or Ride)

Will post more as I get the chance. Thanks for the new build!

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I unintentionally found a bug.
My character was female with a strap-on, and I had a summoned male Imp.
I activated Threesome from the hold from behind position.
I now have no buttons to press, and need to reload?
Luckily I this was my first fight of the night.
Hope this helps. <3

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I unintentionally found a bug.
My character was female with a strap-on, and I had a summoned male Imp.
I activated Threesome from the hold from behind position.
I now have no buttons to press, and need to reload?
Luckily I this was my first fight of the night.
Hope this helps. <3
It would help a lot if you could upload your log file in cases like this.

Truepower

Dec 27, 2016
Sometimes for some unknown reason I levelup a lot in a single battle.
Also another nullpointer crash report when I was spitroasting Airi with my pet, I did the cock growth spell and it crashed.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    81.9 KB · Views: 4

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Okay, take 2 for team matches. Last time, things were borked because I messed up the release. The team matches themselves were actually pretty stable. Here's a new and improved version, which includes a number of enhancements and also allows the team members to help their captain outside of combat. To try it out, load any 2.5.0+ save. The first match is hard-coded, but all other matches will are forced to be a team match for testing.

Just to recap how this works: At the start of the match, the combatants get divided into two or three teams of two or three characters. Each team has a captain and one or two 'regular' members. The captain functions just like they normally would, moving around and doing stuff. The others get to mindlessly follow their captains around, lending a hand if necessary. (They can give them Energy Drinks, clothing, or 'get rid of excess arousal'.) When two captains meet, they will fight as per normal, with the exception that the other team members will spawn as permanent pets. These 'pets' can also fight each other, making for quite the melee. The fight ends when one of the captains cums with 0 willpower remaining. The others can cum as often as you can make them, they'll just insta-respawn.

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!1RBHHAAQ!bAG2-9GHknIhYsBRyBOWIj4JVGoFJnIkRkJV03o8UvU
@Truepower I fixed that bug, but that fix not in the version above yet.

Also, just floating an idea I've had. I'd like to add special challenges at high levels (say 40+) which, if completed properly and within a time limit, will give the player a substantial bonus. However, the others will actively try to prevent the player from succeeding, and if you fail you get a massive disadvantage instead. This is mostly a response to the fact that the new focuses give some powerful and exotic advantages to the NPCs, but our dear old player character doesn't have anything of the sort.
Quick sketch to illustrate what I'm thinking:

An anonymous party informs the player that they will be releasing a very specifically mind-altering substance during the Games. It makes people much more amenable to getting their ass fucked if it happens often enough while exposed to the substance. The goal: win X fights by fucking people in the ass. The reward: All opponents get the buttslut trait. The risk: If you get assfucked/pegged Y times, you get buttslut instead.

Obviously there are plenty of issues with this example (only for players with cocks, not suitable if the player already has buttslut, etc.), but I think it gets my idea across. I don't think I will be doing anything with this soon. After the team matches and Reyka's focuses are finished up, I will probably do one more match type (king of the hill?) before moving on. Consider this a brainstorm.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Currently toying with an Ultimate Drain Challenge - everyone starts with demonic-modded funbits and both Drainer and expert drainer. I'm having trouble balancing out the start, since the idea is that you start with some levels but level draining is going to result in some major fun.

eventually, I'd like to be able to see permanent stat drain and scenes that trigger at 0 or -1 stats.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
@dndw

First time I've tried your team matches, let me put some bugs out there, loading a 2_5_0_1 save...

- Like the current base mod, pets can somehow lock you down permanently. A match saw me vs Jewel and Angel, with Jewel locking me down with Breast Smother, then Angel doing other things....including Breast Smother. "Struggle", "Counter", and "Reversal" targets the main attacker, so although I can see myself escaping "Angel's grip", I'm still pinned by Jewel, even if I do it consecutive times without Angel doing anything that re-pins me.
- The characters don't insta-respawn, if you mean respawning whilst in match.
- I think this happened in base game as well - A reverse threesome as a Male PC, vs herm NPC and female imp can cause a crash (no buttons) somehow. It happened here after imp: Bounce and Kat: Wild Thrust.
Below is the log, after the last "Samantha.json" line, as soon as I lost the button:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.skills.Drain.deal(Drain.java:125)
at nightgames.skills.Skill.writeOutput(Skill.java:261)
at nightgames.skills.Drain.resolve(Drain.java:72)
at nightgames.skills.Drain.resolve(Drain.java:60)
at nightgames.skills.Skill.resolve(Skill.java:210)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resolveSkill(Combat.java:1189)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.doAction(Combat.java:995)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:833)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resumeNoClearFlag(Combat.java:264)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resume(Combat.java:274)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.lambda$12(GUI.java:1488)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$0(RunnableButton.java:15)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

E

ero

Is there any creator tool for the latest version? I tried adding my custom NPC using the creator from previous version but the game just doesn't load, either a new game or load a save file. Im not sure if im doing it wrong

Start the game from command line (java -jar NightgamesMod.jar) and debug the character from there. Most of the time the output gives a good hint as to what is wrong with custom characters or old saves.
Recent things that stopped working were related to "status: fucked" and the syntax for cocks changed (throws some exception related to BodyPartAdapter.java). You can easily fix the former by removing references in the character JSON and save files if you need them, and the latter by creating a new character with a dick, by copy/pasting the correct syntax from your newly create save file to the character file. Occasionally changes to traits also seem to fuck with save or character files. Searching for "null" in save files will give you an idea as to whats wrong, or alternatively you can clone the project from GitHub and search the project for traits you used and whether they're still in the game and active or not.

Of course it would be easier if these changes could be outlined in the change log, but I don't think that's the focus right now for the devs.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@exotic @ero
A few changes indeed haven't been integrated into the Creator yet. I will add a fix when I merge in the team matches. Parts with multiple mods will probably not be available at that point, since those will require more drastic changes.

Truepower

Dec 27, 2016
In some cases when combat ends with Airi the game crashes.
A brief description of what body modifications do would be nice before I shell out 40k for them.
Also, why are ass modifications an order of magnitude more expensive than other body parts? Does the cost count the anal pussy modification from the body shop, or what?

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

jskil5

May 17, 2016
dndw your link is broken again i had to manually copy and paste

also i get a crash every time the 1st match ends on team match

Last edited:

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
Just had the text and buttons disappear after a fight on the first night with team matches.

Attachments

• nightgames_log.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 2

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks for the reports. I got a couple of fixes in (including the broken link), but I didn't have enough time to really dig in today. The breast smothering, in particular, is quite the enigma... I've simply disabled it for pets for now, we'll see whether it should be re-enabled at some point. Oh, and the 'pet' characters not respawning was a bug, but I decided I like it better this way. It's a feature.

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
Not really an issue for me but since there are already "always female pronouns" in the game, wouldn't it make sense to be able force always male pronouns too. And come to think of it, singular they too. Dunno how to make it good UI-wise but it looks like it'd be easy to implement.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
I was wondering about win conditions and if there was any way to improve them:

As far as I know - the only win condition is reducing willpower of opponent to 0. This can be done through orgasm, but late game has a lot of arousal automatic gains and automatic willpower loss...
so what if there was another way to lose the match?
Typically, you can force an opponent to orgasm in two knockdowns. What if the stamina bar being depleted twice or three times was counted as a TKO?

Here's another thought I'd have. Knockdown is governed by Stamina = 0. Stamina governs a few things - it acts as both HP and fatigue. What if there was something called Poise or Balance which is governed by power or stamina, and power-based moves affected that, losing balance tilts you until you are down. Power contests get you back up.

It just seems like everything doesn't have a counter at some parts of the game, so perhaps this might be a way to improve that.

Just stirring some conversation. I know that adding more stats isn't the most desirable of moves, but consider that the game should have diverging strategies instead of converging strategies - and it makes sense to split hairs on what influences what more closely.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@DarkSinfulMage

So the win condition isn't solely reducing the willpower to 0. It's having the opponent orgasm, and after that their willpower must be at 0. This means even if you get knocked down and/or made to submit, you don't actually lose until you cum.

I actually tried doing it the other way, but there was a lot of feed back that it was very unnatural, especially because the win/lose text all refer to the loser cumming.

And I've thought a bit about having a poise mechanic as well, but decided it was a bit too confusing. This is actually how it works in the game right now with a bunch of knock down skills by the way (like trip and tackle). Making your stamina drop to 0 makes you "winded", where as you can get knocked down at any stamina (applying the "falling" status effect, and then you are "stunned" at the end of the falling turn). Stunned lasts half as long as winded, so it's not 100% the same, but effectively it's pretty similar.

The main problem with power at the moment is that being on top just isn't... all that amazing. Lots of the time, you're on top, but you end up just getting tempted or teased to a loss anyways. It's almost always more effective just having more seduction right now. I even toned it down in the last patch, and it's still pretty overwhelming.

All in all, the game is technically still about sex fighting, so it makes sense that you need to have a certain degree of sexual techniques to win, rather than just beating your opponent to a pulp. But it is a fact that after a while, seduction becomes a rat race, where if you fall behind, you not only do no arousal damage, but the opponent also makes you cum in two or three turns.

Maybe the problem is tying seduction to both offense and defense. Maybe if it only affected how much damage you dealt but not how much you receive, it would be easier to balance..? I've thought about making attributes a bit more separated from combat stats, but then that gets into the problem with adding more stats again. It's a hard problem I think.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Maybe the problem is tying seduction to both offense and defense. Maybe if it only affected how much damage you dealt but not how much you receive, it would be easier to balance..? I've thought about making attributes a bit more separated from combat stats, but then that gets into the problem with adding more stats again. It's a hard problem I think.

I think that most moves should have some sort of natural defense or mitigating stat. Seduction should generally be mitigated or dodged by cunning - unfortunately, this doesn't work well with everything, such as power moves, and you're right - beating you opponent to a pulp is generally how the early game goes until you get counter, then you branch out to seduction.

However, so many moves also drain stamina and/or force willpower loss or arousal gain in the hundreds - add in the problem of action economy created by pets and special effects and it seems like things are converging to a stack of automatic string of several skills and things - the strategies converging instead of diverging and increasing possible choices or responses.

Thought: Energy drain later on shouldn't trigger some automatic skills that are very unpleasant. Perhaps some of the auras, passive traits should be considered "Concentration based".

There are abilities/traits that I think should be available earlier; they make sense earlier in the game but are lost among your strategy of "remove clothing, down, make them cum uncontrollably until willpower zero+last orgasm". Names escape me but I'll make a list on my next game.

While I'm talking: I noticed a pretty bad lockup with reyka cumming:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at nightgames.characters.body.CockPart.modlessDescription(CockPart.java:65)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.lambda$describe$186(GenericBodyPart.java:109)
at java.util.Optional.orElseGet(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.describe(GenericBodyPart.java:109)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.fullDescribe(GenericBodyPart.java:130)
at nightgames.characters.body.GenericBodyPart.toString(GenericBodyPart.java:138)
at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.printString(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Formatter$FormatSpecifier.print(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Formatter.format(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.format(Unknown Source)
at nightgames.global.Global.format(Global.java:1573)
at nightgames.characters.Airi.eot(Airi.java:398)
at nightgames.characters.NPC.eot(NPC.java:794)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.doEndOfTurnUpkeep(Combat.java:476)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.turn(Combat.java:829)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resumeNoClearFlag(Combat.java:259)
at nightgames.combat.Combat.resume(Combat.java:269)
at nightgames.gui.GUI.lambda$nextButton$262(GUI.java:1493)
at nightgames.gui.RunnableButton.lambda$new$762(RunnableButton.java:15)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Having trouble working on my Ultimate Drain Challenge.

Nobody is earning exp for victory, nor is anyone draining levels. I've been searching github for an answer to which trait is preventing exp gain, but I've had no luck.

{
"name":"Ultimate Drain Challenge",
"summary":"You and a group of demon-lovers have entered the game with a demonic taint. You're naked and up against fellow drainers.",
"enabled":true,
"player": {
"attributes": {
"Power":10,
"Seduction":10,
"Cunning":10,
"Dark":20,
"Perception":5,
"Speed":5
},
"clothing": [],
"level": 6,
"attribute_points": 3,
"traits": ["leveldrainer", "energydrain", "ExpertLevelDrainer", "spiritphage", "powerfulhips", "limbTraining1", "tongueTraining1", "sexTraining1", "Unsatisfied"],
"body":{
"archetype":"DEMON"
},
"trait_choice": false
},
"npcs": [
{
"type":"Cassie",
"traits":["softheart", "imagination", "romantic"]
},
{
"type":"Jewel",
"traits":["wrassler", "direct", "insatiable"]
},
{
"type":"Angel",
"traits":["undisciplined", "lickable"]
},
{
"type":"Mara",
"traits":["petite", "dexterous", "ticklish"]
}
],
"all_npcs" : {
"traits": ["leveldrainer", "ExpertLevelDrainer", "stronghold", "tight", "holecontrol", "Unsatisfied"],
"body": { "genitals": {"pussy":{"_type": "nightgames.characters.body.mods.DemonicMod"}}}
},
"flags": []
}

I noticed this bit, though - indicating that you cannot gain exp while you have leveldrainer:

public void gainXPPure(int i) {
xp += i;
update();
}

public void gainXP(int i) {
assert i >= 0;
double rate = 1.0;
if (has(Trait.fastLearner)) {
rate += .2;
}
rate *= Global.xpRate;
i = (int) Math.round(i * rate);

if (!has(Trait.leveldrainer)) {
gainXPPure(i);
}
}

LevelDrain.resolve() instead contains the gainExpPure() required for levelup, but it's not working.

I believe the reason this isn't working is that levels are absorbed as EXP, and I have not defined any exp for the characters. (See LevelDrain.resolve())

How can I fix this to make characters drain levels and earn exp for defeats?