Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
For clarity's sake, I have a question about #3: does it specifically say she uses tail fuck or tail peg?

The reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure there is a difference. I know on my old succubus playthrough I only ever had the option for tail fuck when facing a female or herm NPC and tail peg in any case assuming all other conditions allowed it. When both are available, tail fuck targets the NPC's vagina and tail peg targets the NPC's anus. So assuming I'm not making the wrong assumptions, the action itself seems to be working as intended, but for some reason she's getting the ability to use an action she shouldn't have access to against male opponents.

Also, for #6, I've noticed she even gives that challenge when I'm already full on commando. I was under the impression it's intended to proc as the first challenge always, though, regardless of what you are -- or are not -- wearing at the time. I figure you can call it a free challenge since it seems to be scripted either way.

Last edited:

RedQueen

Dec 18, 2016
@RedQueen,un

Yeah that's what I was talking about with customization. The main problem with that is it tends to be a ton of work that goes unnoticed. Not that it's not useful work, but it's still a lot of work :p Once again, I'll see what I can do, but expect some delays on this matter until I get a better system going.

Mind if I have a play with the modifiers? A lot of the code seems to be already there.

here2fap

Dec 11, 2016
Well shit, I was trying to test out some small changes I made (in Eclipse), but I couldn't figure out how to run it, then I tried out Netbeans, but couldn't get the project open at all. This is going to be a LOT harder than I first hoped.

RedQueen

Dec 18, 2016
OK, lets step by step this. I know NetBeans better than Eclipse so that's what I'll talk about. Easiest way to do it (at this stage, harder later though!)
1) Download the files from Github.
2) Open Netbeans
3)File->New Project->Java Project With Existing Sources
4) Next
5) Browse to the folder you downloaded
6) Next
7) Add ALL of the folders to the Source Package Folders list
8) Next
9) Finish
Possibly:
10) Add new libraries as needed (let me know if this happens)

Reactions: DarkSinfulMage

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
For clarity's sake, I have a question about #3: does it specifically say she uses tail fuck or tail peg?

The reason I ask is that I'm pretty sure there is a difference. I know on my old succubus playthrough I only ever had the option for tail fuck when facing a female or herm NPC and tail peg in any case assuming all other conditions allowed it. When both are available, tail fuck targets the NPC's vagina and tail peg targets the NPC's anus. So assuming I'm not making the wrong assumptions, the action itself seems to be working as intended, but for some reason she's getting the ability to use an action she shouldn't have access to against male opponents.

Also, for #6, I've noticed she even gives that challenge when I'm already full on commando. I was under the impression it's intended to proc as the first challenge always, though, regardless of what you are -- or are not -- wearing at the time. I figure you can call it a free challenge since it seems to be scripted either way.

Tail Peg uses text that describes you fucking the succubus with a penis and getting fucked in the butt by her tail in return, fairly sure I helped design that skill back in the day Reyka was conceived.

here2fap

Dec 11, 2016
OK, lets step by step this. I know NetBeans better than Eclipse so that's what I'll talk about. Easiest way to do it (at this stage, harder later though!)
1) Download the files from Github.
2) Open Netbeans
3)File->New Project->Java Project With Existing Sources
4) Next
5) Browse to the folder you downloaded
6) Next
7) Add ALL of the folders to the Source Package Folders list
8) Next
9) Finish
Possibly:
10) Add new libraries as needed (let me know if this happens)

I tried this, and I did have to add the libraries, and everything looked good, but when I try to run it, it gives me an error

"Could not find file data\clothing\defaults.json"

I'm not sure if I failed to include everything properly, and I don't know how I would tell it the correct path to find it.

RedQueen

Dec 18, 2016
Yeah, that was the problem I had at first!

You need to point it at the parent folder. So I have a downloaded folder called "nightgamesmod" Make sure that is the one you select in 5.

The other alternative is just shifting the "data" folder slightly, but that'll screw up your build when you come to upload it.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I tried this, and I did have to add the libraries, and everything looked good, but when I try to run it, it gives me an error

"Could not find file data\clothing\defaults.json"

I'm not sure if I failed to include everything properly, and I don't know how I would tell it the correct path to find it.
The problem is your working directory. I'm not sure how you've set everything up, so I'm just going to start right at the beginning.
  1. Create a fresh Eclipse workspace somewhere, and in it create a folder. I call it NG, but it doesn't matter.
  2. Get the files into that folder, either by downloading the repo and copying the files or via 'git clone https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod'
  3. In Eclipse, go to File -> Import Projects... -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace
  4. Select the NG directory (or whatever you called it), make sure something along the lines of 'search for nested projects' is checked, then click next.
  5. It should come up with two (or three) projects, NightgamesMod, NightgamesTest (and maybe NGCreator). Import them all.
  6. Try to run Global. It will fail. Now click on the arrow next to the start button, find the run configuration it just generated.
  7. Go to the Arguments tab. At the bottom of that tab, specify the working directory to be the NG folder. You can copy the field above it, and add '/..' at the end.
  8. It should work now.
Edit:
I've been working on a little idea for a new start, and I'd like to hear if anyone has any suggestions. It's called Reverse Drain Challenge, and that should be plenty evocative.
  • The player gets a significant boost at the start. Higher level, higher attributes, etc.
  • All other characters get Level Drainer. They also start with Unsatisfied, which makes them unable to cum without getting fucked, as well as Tight and Hole Control. Finally, they have a new trait which instantly unlocks Submissive Hold. Basically, it's a very bad idea to fuck them. It's also an absolute necessity. The way to win is to get them to the edge, and then fuck them to push them over without getting pushed over yourself.
  • Level Drainers are much more likely to try the Fuck Strategy.
  • Level Drain now always triggers, but the drainer cannot get more than the xp needed to gain a single level.
  • Level Drainers do not gain any xp through regular means.
That's the basic plan. I've also made a hard mode, where in addition to the above:
  • The opponents start with Sex Training 1 and Last Stand. The latter causes heavy damage to their partner if they cum from fucking. This makes not cumming inside of them much more difficult.

Mind if I have a play with the modifiers? A lot of the code seems to be already there.
You don't need any code if you mean the match modifiers. It's been quite a while since I made those json-able, but I did create an example showing a lot of the features in data/customModifiers.json.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkSinfulMage

Pim_gd

Jan 7, 2016
You'll want to fix the level drain skill that it correctly steals the amount of experience that the level consisted of - it's weird to go level 20 vs level 30 and get 200 xp for 1x level drain when you only need 100 xp to level up.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Just what I assume to be a typo:

"Maya, who you have all met, is going to join in this match as a special guest. She is a veteran of the Games and has probably forgotten more about sexfighting than any of you have ever learned.

I underlined the part that doesn't sound right.
If it is meant to be that word, It kind of confuses me then?
It must mean she is terrible in the games right? :)

Bronzechair

Aug 30, 2015
It's correct as written. Lilly means to say that Maya is so incredibly experienced at sexfighting that even the skills she's forgotten over time are beyond your current ability. It's hyperbole, of course, but the point is that she's really good.

Last edited:

nonakam915

Nov 23, 2015
Hey. Just want to say great mod though as of now, I have a few things to say.

1) There used to be a spank command when fucking a girl from behind, but I don't see it anymore. How come? I liked doing that. (especially when masochism is active)

2) This one is directed at dndw's build. There seemed to be a few mentions of Reyka even though i haven't met her yet and there may have been instances of being enthralled even though again, she didn't appear yet. Please fix.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

here2fap

Dec 11, 2016
The problem is your working directory. I'm not sure how you've set everything up, so I'm just going to start right at the beginning.
  1. Create a fresh Eclipse workspace somewhere, and in it create a folder. I call it NG, but it doesn't matter.
  2. Get the files into that folder, either by downloading the repo and copying the files or via 'git clone https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod'
  3. In Eclipse, go to File -> Import Projects... -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace
  4. Select the NG directory (or whatever you called it), make sure something along the lines of 'search for nested projects' is checked, then click next.
  5. It should come up with two (or three) projects, NightgamesMod, NightgamesTest (and maybe NGCreator). Import them all.
  6. Try to run Global. It will fail. Now click on the arrow next to the start button, find the run configuration it just generated.
  7. Go to the Arguments tab. At the bottom of that tab, specify the working directory to be the NG folder. You can copy the field above it, and add '/..' at the end.
  8. It should work now.

Thanks for the help, I managed to get it working. Now I can fail at the actual coding part.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Hey. Just want to say great mod though as of now, I have a few things to say.

1) There used to be a spank command when fucking a girl from behind, but I don't see it anymore. How come? I liked doing that. (especially when masochism is active)

2) This one is directed at dndw's build. There seemed to be a few mentions of Reyka even though i haven't met her yet and there may have been instances of being enthralled even though again, she didn't appear yet. Please fix.

Other than that, keep up the good work!
  1. Spank is still there. It requires you to have at least 8 Seduction, able to reach the opponent's ass, and that opponent must be prone. In Doggy, the opponent isn't prone, so Spank is not available. That might need adjusting.
  2. 'Mentions of Reyka' is a bit vague, do you have any specific instances? Also, Reyka is not the only character who can enthrall others. Cassie can do so all on her own with certain traits, and anyone can use a Dark Talisman.

RedQueen

Dec 18, 2016
You don't need any code if you mean the match modifiers. It's been quite a while since I made those json-able, but I did create an example showing a lot of the features in data/customModifiers.json.

Yeah, but I've put in code to allow requirements as well. I want to get the default ones out of hard coding and in to a JSON as well as well as expand what can be done with them. Not ready for a pull request yet but you can see what I'm talking about here

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Spank is still there. It requires you to have at least 8 Seduction, able to reach the opponent's ass, and that opponent must be prone. In Doggy, the opponent isn't prone, so Spank is not available. That might need adjusting.
Spank is suppose to require opponent not prone, because prone positions are face-up on the floor.

Laughingfox

Dec 16, 2016
Heyo. Loving the mod and it's wondrous additions, thought I'd ask--and address-- the elephant dong in the room: Is there going to be any sort of inherit effect/buffs/debuffs from (s)laying monstrous sized wangs and whatnot?

One would think if a character managed to get impaled with the full mythical might of a huge/massive totem pole it would be a touch difficult to unmount the horse.

And speaking of horse style over the top yet silly sexiness-- what about abilities such as blinding a foe briefly if they get basted by a bucketload of butter nutter in the face, or a character getting slowed down (less mobility) due to taking a few loads too many in the chamber without a chance to empty the parlor?

Though if there were that many fluids in play, there may be some serious potential slippage for friends and foes alike to lose their footing and pratfall on their respective assets. Heh.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@dndw, just fyi, I didn't end up making unsatisfied require sex to orgasm. It ended up being any non-fucking skill gets drastically reduced arousal damage when at high arousal.

Also, finish Mara! :D (btw looking at the code, can we move the arm manager out of character? I'm trying really hard to move anything non-persistent out of that class. I think you could probably make the arm manager a static class and just pass it arms as statuses or pets or something... not really sure yet)

@TheSilverBard, yeah that sounds like a bug... dunno when that was added to the mod.

@Pim_gd,
That actually sounds correct right? Level drain will take one level from your opponent and convert it into exp for the user. If it takes 200 xp to go from level 29 -> level 30, and you drain a level from a level 30, it could level you twice at level 10 since the exp requirement is lowered. I don't know how well it interacts with the increased/decreased exp rate though.

Anyways I'm still out for another week or so. If there aren't any serious crash bugs I probably wont be updating until then.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
@dndw, just fyi, I didn't end up making unsatisfied require sex to orgasm. It ended up being any non-fucking skill gets drastically reduced arousal damage when at high arousal.

Also, finish Mara! :D (btw looking at the code, can we move the arm manager out of character? I'm trying really hard to move anything non-persistent out of that class. I think you could probably make the arm manager a static class and just pass it arms as statuses or pets or something... not really sure yet)

Drastically reduced to such an extent that most attacks deal 0 damage, and the most I've seen is 9. Unless there is some stuff you haven't pushed, of course.

Yeah, yeah. I've got three focuses finished. Or I did until you started making demands... But sure, I can find another solution. Aside from that, it's just the mind control focus.

nonakam915

Nov 23, 2015
  1. Spank is still there. It requires you to have at least 8 Seduction, able to reach the opponent's ass, and that opponent must be prone. In Doggy, the opponent isn't prone, so Spank is not available. That might need adjusting.
  2. 'Mentions of Reyka' is a bit vague, do you have any specific instances? Also, Reyka is not the only character who can enthrall others. Cassie can do so all on her own with certain traits, and anyone can use a Dark Talisman.
Hey. Sorry if that was a bit vague. Had to reenact one of the situations and found it. It basically outright said "Thinking back to your 'games' with Reyka, you take out a totem to begin a scrying ritual:" This happened in the third game and that was when I was not supposed to have access to Reyka yet. (I'm only level 7, so yeah that was not supposed to happen) That's one down. I'll see if I can find the other one. (It's when I was 'hypnotized' while looking for an opponent. Not sure about that situation, but it's strange)

7N24

Dec 11, 2016
Hey. Sorry if that was a bit vague. Had to reenact one of the situations and found it. It basically outright said "Thinking back to your 'games' with Reyka, you take out a totem to begin a scrying ritual:"

The same occurs for me, though it often happens at LVL 1, at the very start of the game. I've attached a screenshot of this:

HqHvZJ.png

Details:
Start: Default
Sex: Male
Strength: Dexterous
Weakness: Insatiable
Difficulty: Normal
NPC Bonuses: Unchecked
Power: 3
Seduction: 6
Cunning: 11

No logs are produced.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Hey. Sorry if that was a bit vague. Had to reenact one of the situations and found it. It basically outright said "Thinking back to your 'games' with Reyka, you take out a totem to begin a scrying ritual:" This happened in the third game and that was when I was not supposed to have access to Reyka yet. (I'm only level 7, so yeah that was not supposed to happen) That's one down. I'll see if I can find the other one. (It's when I was 'hypnotized' while looking for an opponent. Not sure about that situation, but it's strange)
Well, shit. I fixed that bug, but I must have un-fixed it in a merge. I re-fixed it.

here2fap

Dec 11, 2016
So clothing works by specifying a slot/slots and a layer, right? And you can't have multiple pieces of clothing in the same slot and layer? And nothing below underwear? This is messing up my poorly thought out plans.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So clothing works by specifying a slot/slots and a layer, right? And you can't have multiple pieces of clothing in the same slot and layer? And nothing below underwear? This is messing up my poorly thought out plans.

Okay, let me make this a bit clearer.
There are a number of clothing slots available: top, bottom, head, neck, arms, hands, legs and feet. An article of clothing must cover at least one slot, but may cover more. For example, Jewel's Karate Gi covers both the top and bottom slots.
In addition, there are 5 layers of clothing, 0-4. Higher layers are stripped first, with layer 0 being stripped last. Every article of clothing has exactly one layer, even if they cover multiple slots.
It's perfectly valid to have clothing with different layers in the same slot (jeans + boxers, for example) or with different slots in the same layer (bra + panties). You cannot, simultaneously, wear both boxers and briefs, which are both layer 0 bottom items.
In short, your outfit is fine, unless there are two or more articles of clothing which have at least one slot in common, and which occupy the same layer.

∀x,y ∈ Outfit, x≠y; layer(x) = layer(y) → slots(x) ∩ slots(y) = ∅

LogicalKink

Jan 7, 2016
A new lvl10 focus for Jewel I will implement if I have time (which might actually happen, as it should be pretty easy to do).
Humiliation focus

11- inflicted shamed no longer causes cynical, shameless only has a 25% chance of preventing shamed, 20% chance/turn in a dominant position to inflict shamed. However, every time X (you take damage/lust damage above a threshold?) the opponent loses a stack of shamed.
25- skills that destroy mojo destroy additional mojo equal to shamed magnitude (starts at 1, each additional application +1, 5 might be reasonable estimate for this build)
37- lust damage skills do (shamed magnitude * 4)% more damage.
47- Every time the opponent loses an article of clothing, they gain a stack of shamed.
50(physical)- damage moves have a chance to inflict shamed
50(mental)- verbal moves have a chance to inflict shamed

If you remember, shamed reduces power and cunning by 2*magnitude or 1/5, whichever is more. It also causes passive mojo loss of 5*magnitude.
However, if you have the submissive attribute, it also increases submissive by magnitude, and instead causes passive mojo gain of 3*magnitude (that part would likely need rebalancing with this).

The thought behind this build is a mojo lockdown build- because I've found the existing mojo destroying skills to be very weak, and Jewel uses them a lot, and they seem to fit with her character/archetype.
Feedback?

Also, right now I think herm Jewel needs a significant buff, both for the ass build (maybe add assmaster and asshandler as bonus traits somewhere), and for the fact that her addiction relies on doing stamina damage, and both fiery pussy and tighten do stamina damage, but her cock does no stamina damage. To compensate for the second, I threw together a simple trait heatedsemen that does 1/3+20 weaken on ejaculation based off the other cum skills.

Also, the game has issues on macs. First, the foregroundcolor for the buttons doesn't work right (status and newgame...quit match are black on dark gray; see attachment), and second I keep getting
2016-12-31 04:31:41.377 java[4591:477607] IMKInputSession presentFunctionRowItemTextInputViewWithEndpoint:completionHandler: : *NO* NSRemoteViewController to client, NSError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection from pid 0 was invalidated from this process.}, com.apple.inputmethod.EmojiFunctionRowItem

What this error does is prevent some of the action buttons from being displayed, and disable keyboard input for this action (the game keeps running though). It also prevents the top row buttons (categories) from being pressed. It also almost certainly has something to do with my having one of the new macbooks with the function bar. I have no idea how to approach fixing this other than waiting for a patch from apple, as it appears to be a compatibility issue with java.

Also, the status window is not the same size as the status button if you resize the window, and that is kind of annoying, and I couldn't figure out how to fix that- changing all of the preferredsizes for statuspane and subcomponents didn't work (I hate swing).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.30.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 2.30.07 AM.png
    157 KB · Views: 30

here2fap

Dec 11, 2016
Okay, let me make this a bit clearer.
There are a number of clothing slots available: top, bottom, head, neck, arms, hands, legs and feet. An article of clothing must cover at least one slot, but may cover more. For example, Jewel's Karate Gi covers both the top and bottom slots.
In addition, there are 5 layers of clothing, 0-4. Higher layers are stripped first, with layer 0 being stripped last. Every article of clothing has exactly one layer, even if they cover multiple slots.
It's perfectly valid to have clothing with different layers in the same slot (jeans + boxers, for example) or with different slots in the same layer (bra + panties). You cannot, simultaneously, wear both boxers and briefs, which are both layer 0 bottom items.
In short, your outfit is fine, unless there are two or more articles of clothing which have at least one slot in common, and which occupy the same layer.

∀x,y ∈ Outfit, x≠y; layer(x) = layer(y) → slots(x) ∩ slots(y) = ∅

Thanks for the overview. I was looking into making some things that could be "worn" under underwear, such as a buttplug or chastity cage. I was hoping to just use the clothing system to make it easy, but only being able to use one at a time, and instead of underwear, is a bummer. I need to spend some more time figuring how everything is set up.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
A new lvl10 focus for Jewel I will implement if I have time (which might actually happen, as it should be pretty easy to do).
Humiliation focus

11- inflicted shamed no longer causes cynical, shameless only has a 25% chance of preventing shamed, 20% chance/turn in a dominant position to inflict shamed. However, every time X (you take damage/lust damage above a threshold?) the opponent loses a stack of shamed.
25- skills that destroy mojo destroy additional mojo equal to shamed magnitude (starts at 1, each additional application +1, 5 might be reasonable estimate for this build)
37- lust damage skills do (shamed magnitude * 4)% more damage.
47- Every time the opponent loses an article of clothing, they gain a stack of shamed.
50(physical)- damage moves have a chance to inflict shamed
50(mental)- verbal moves have a chance to inflict shamed

If you remember, shamed reduces power and cunning by 2*magnitude or 1/5, whichever is more. It also causes passive mojo loss of 5*magnitude.
However, if you have the submissive attribute, it also increases submissive by magnitude, and instead causes passive mojo gain of 3*magnitude (that part would likely need rebalancing with this).

The thought behind this build is a mojo lockdown build- because I've found the existing mojo destroying skills to be very weak, and Jewel uses them a lot, and they seem to fit with her character/archetype.
Feedback?

It looks immensely irritating to play against, which is probably the entire point. You should take care the opponent still has a chance to get some mojo in, at least at first, since having no mojo locks out much of the advanced stuff that might normally be used to counter these specialized tricks.

Thanks for the overview. I was looking into making some things that could be "worn" under underwear, such as a buttplug or chastity cage. I was hoping to just use the clothing system to make it easy, but only being able to use one at a time, and instead of underwear, is a bummer. I need to spend some more time figuring how everything is set up.

It might be nice to have a layer below underwear for 'internal clothing', but that would require modifying all existing clothes because you'd have to shift all layers up a number. Not difficult, but certainly annoying. For now, perhaps you could work with a status instead?

RedQueen

Dec 18, 2016
It might be nice to have a layer below underwear for 'internal clothing', but that would require modifying all existing clothes because you'd have to shift all layers up a number. Not difficult, but certainly annoying. For now, perhaps you could work with a status instead?

Or just stick in a layer -1. Bit of a dirty cheat, I know, but would work.