Newlife

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hello everyone.

The 0.4.2 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

The blog post with the changelog is here.

Additionally, as a special Xmas/New-Year bonus, the patreon version of 0.4.1 has been made public and can be downloaded from the usual links on the blog.

Happy New Year everyone! Have fun with the new version, and let me know if you find any bugs :)

MrJ0lyy

Dec 31, 2016
Normally I hate the whole forced transform thing but this game is awesome. Keep up the good work Ms. Ostrich :)

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, the 0.5 vote is complete and the winner was Romance & Marriage: I'll be doing another between-updates release next and then starting on it from .4.4.

Normally I hate the whole forced transform thing but this game is awesome. Keep up the good work Ms. Ostrich :)

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it :)

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hello everyone!

The 0.4.3 version of Newlife has been released and can be downloaded from patreon by early-access patrons. The previous version has been made public and can be downloaded from the blog

The blog post with the changelog is here.

Have fun with the new version, and let me know if you find any bugs :)

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all,
The public version of 0.4.2 that I uploaded earlier was a buggy one with several issues that were patched out in the final version of 0.4.2. I've now replaced the download links with the correct zip file. If you're using 0.4.2 that was downloaded earlier today then I recommend replacing it with a fresh download.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Yeah, I was only getting one option on the co-worker thing to cross the street, it was fixed in the later versions though, dunno what happened there but it's alright now.

What section of the poll needed to win to continue the mysterious woman thing from the adventure friend?

Small error in the anal scene...

"Your moans are becoming more louder and intense as his thick, bare cockdrives you nearer and nearer to climax."

No space between cock and drives.

Last edited:

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks for the bug report, I'll get that fixed for the next version :)

As for the rival treasure hunter, that wasn't really a scene I was planning a follow-up to. However, after reading your post I was struck with an idea of how it could be tied into some new content I'm working on at the moment, so there'll probably be some new stuff with her quite soon.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
You're welcome.

Oh, I thought she was gonna be a whole thing as a rival of some sort, maybe messing with you the way mean player characters can mess with people at the dance contest or possible lesbian love interest after running into her enough times. Well it's neat you'll do something with her now.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Few text errors in a NPC forefit oral sex scene.

"Heidi had promised to give oral sex to the winner if she lost a round. That winner is Carter.

Heidi smiles as she slowly makes her way over to Carter, swaying her hips seductively. his breath quickens in anticipation, eyes glued to her naked body.
She runs her tongue over her lipsand gets to her knees in front of himHis thick, bare cock juts stiffly in front of her face, the massive head swollen and engorged."

There's 2 spaces between Heidi and smiles.
There's a period after that but the "his" isn't capitalized.
No space between "lips" and "and" at the start of the last line.
No space or puncuation between "him" and "His" right after that.

Public version though, they might've been fixed already.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small error in 4.4 during the forefit leading to sex scene:

"You get up and walk to him, completely naked. You've been getting more and more turned on while you played the game and now the signs of your arousal are clear, to him, to the other players, and to yourself.
Your nipples are stiff and firm, your pussy moist.
He stands to meet you , his bare cock stiff and erect."

The last line has spaces on both sides of the comma.

BTW
Thanks for public the cheats/customization in this one. It's made things so much easier and better.
Like before I'd be trying to find that new adventure scene and it'd take 5 weeks to get the outfit I wanted then 20 weeks to get an interesting friend and I'd have to re-load every 27 weeks then wonder if the problem is it's not proccing or I'm not doing it right. Now I can go on for hundreds and when it doesn't show up, I know I'm not doing it right. I was also able to rule out a possibility on the new lesbian scene though I wasn't trying for that yet.

-edit-
Another small error. During the concert groping scene...

"He slips it lower and, after failing to slide it all he way into your hotpants, settles for unfastening them."

Before way it says 'he' instead of 'the'.
I didn't know there was an extra scene there to beat up the groper.
Still haven't found 2/3 of the new ones yet. Though on a side note, refelcting the earlier comment, my new plan for the adventure one wasn't even possible to start until week 42. That's reloading every 10 weeks with the old version.

-edit 2-
Found another in the be mean to the co-worker scene.

"It's Darcey. She's sitting slumped forward with her head in her hands. Looks like another bad day for her.

You stop next to her and wait until she looks up and notices you. Reaching down, you wrap your fingers in her hair and pull her harshly to her feet, a wail of pain escaping her lips and drawing the alarmed stares of several passing businesspeople."

No space between business and people at the end. Oh, I see in further scenes you're just using businesspeople as one word.

-edit 3-

Error in girl on girl oral sex forefit scene.

"Allison helpfully lifts her skirt, revealing her thin white high-leg panties.
Elle takes off Allison'spanties tugging them down her smooth white legs."

No space before panties in the second line.

-edit 4-

In the failed running away from treasure lady scene:

"Flardryn distracts his rival with a quick feint, and you grab the box and make a run for it.
The treasure hunter isn't distracted for long though, and she's soon hot on your heels. You aren't close to being fit enough to outrun her, and before long you've collapsed exhausted on the ground.
Flardryn's rival takes the box.
"I'll consider this a contribution towards his debts", she says scornfully. "Do come back and find more though sweetie. It'll take more than just one box to pay what he owes. "

There's a space between owes. and the quotation.
On a side note I'm offically out of ideas on how to get the new scenes.

-edit 5-

Found them, errors:

"Clearly some sort of strap-on phallus. Motioning towards the bed"

Double spacing after phallus.

"You lie beneath her as she starts to thrust, her artificial cock penetrating deeply into you. #Your breath quickens despite your lack of responsiveness and you sense your pussy lubricating itself to ease the silicone shaft's passage"

Random # in front of the your.
It also still counts as being a virgin.
It didn't open up telling your co-worker to have sex either but the BDSM club thing does.

Speaking of, there's also this if simply saying "yes" after chasing her and getting the treasure back:

"You agree to be his wife. He slides the ring onto your finger and takes you in his arms, his lips warm on yours.

Newly engaged you might be, but that doesn't mean your first time will be tonight. You give him a loving kiss and say goodbye for the night.

ERROR: No actions found. Ending scene. Please report this to the developer as a bug"

Last edited:

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
I'd also like to suggest a "likes_virgin" trait that would result in the guy refusing marriage if fucked by the rival. :p

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
@OrangeJuice How did you get the new scenes? I've been trying but I can't find them.

The first new scene is just having a guy in love with you without the interesting trait then they'll propose eventually.
The second is if they're in love with you, they have interesting trait, you've gone treasure hunting and haven't met the rival.
The third is the same as the second but you have met the rival.
Then if the third ends in failure (low fitness? or choosing give up) you get a fourth.

You have to actually go on dates and build the relationship for them to love you, just becoming their girlfriend then skipping through isn't enough.

And speaking of virgin, also thanks to the new 'free for everyone' weeks option I finally got the virgin sex slave ending that was I was curious even existed. I tried a couple of times but never managed to fail enough to get it. I don't even remember how I failed enough to get it with a non-virgin character. So thanks again for letting everyone choose how many weeks there are! (Though it occured to me afterwards I probably could've picked a charmless character and gotten it that way but setting weeks was much easier.)

Last edited:

Bartran

Feb 9, 2016
Thanks. I'm working on finding the scenes now. I've seen the first and the second so far.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Few text errors in a NPC forefit oral sex scene.

"Heidi had promised to give oral sex to the winner if she lost a round. That winner is Carter.

Heidi smiles as she slowly makes her way over to Carter, swaying her hips seductively. his breath quickens in anticipation, eyes glued to her naked body.

She runs her tongue over her lipsand gets to her knees in front of himHis thick, bare cock juts stiffly in front of her face, the massive head swollen and engorged."

There's 2 spaces between Heidi and smiles.

There's a period after that but the "his" isn't capitalized.

No space between "lips" and "and" at the start of the last line.

No space or puncuation between "him" and "His" right after that.

Public version though, they might've been fixed already.

Thanks! None of that was fixed at all – that might be the most mistakes anyone's found in a since passge. I've got it sorted for the next version.

Small error in 4.4 during the forefit leading to sex scene:

"You get up and walk to him, completely naked. You've been getting more and more turned on while you played the game and now the signs of your arousal are clear, to him, to the other players, and to yourself.

Your nipples are stiff and firm, your pussy moist.

He stands to meet you , his bare cock stiff and erect."

The last line has spaces on both sides of the comma.

Thanks! Copying the whole passage here makes it really easy to find the problem – much appreciated.

BTW

Thanks for public the cheats/customization in this one. It's made things so much easier and better.

Like before I'd be trying to find that new adventure scene and it'd take 5 weeks to get the outfit I wanted then 20 weeks to get an interesting friend and I'd have to re-load every 27 weeks then wonder if the problem is it's not proccing or I'm not doing it right. Now I can go on for hundreds and when it doesn't show up, I know I'm not doing it right. I was also able to rule out a possibility on the new lesbian scene though I wasn't trying for that yet.

You're welcome!

-edit-

Another small error. During the concert groping scene...

"He slips it lower and, after failing to slide it all he way into your hotpants, settles for unfastening them."

Before way it says 'he' instead of 'the'.

I didn't know there was an extra scene there to beat up the groper.

Still haven't found 2/3 of the new ones yet. Though on a side note, refelcting the earlier comment, my new plan for the adventure one wasn't even possible to start until week 42. That's reloading every 10 weeks with the old version.

-edit 2-

Found another in the be mean to the co-worker scene.

"It's Darcey. She's sitting slumped forward with her head in her hands. Looks like another bad day for her.

You stop next to her and wait until she looks up and notices you. Reaching down, you wrap your fingers in her hair and pull her harshly to her feet, a wail of pain escaping her lips and drawing the alarmed stares of several passing businesspeople."

No space between business and people at the end. Oh, I see in further scenes you're just using businesspeople as one word.

It should probably be hyphenated.

-edit 3-

Error in girl on girl oral sex forefit scene.

"Allison helpfully lifts her skirt, revealing her thin white high-leg panties.

Elle takes off Allison'spanties tugging them down her smooth white legs."

No space before panties in the second line.

-edit 4-

In the failed running away from treasure lady scene:

"Flardryn distracts his rival with a quick feint, and you grab the box and make a run for it.

The treasure hunter isn't distracted for long though, and she's soon hot on your heels. You aren't close to being fit enough to outrun her, and before long you've collapsed exhausted on the ground.

Flardryn's rival takes the box.

"I'll consider this a contribution towards his debts", she says scornfully. "Do come back and find more though sweetie. It'll take more than just one box to pay what he owes. "

There's a space between owes. and the quotation.

On a side note I'm offically out of ideas on how to get the new scenes.

-edit 5-

Found them, errors:

"Clearly some sort of strap-on phallus. Motioning towards the bed"

Double spacing after phallus.

"You lie beneath her as she starts to thrust, her artificial cock penetrating deeply into you. #Your breath quickens despite your lack of responsiveness and you sense your pussy lubricating itself to ease the silicone shaft's passage"

Random # in front of the your.

Thanks! Looks like that one was already fixed. How it got there I'm not sure, as the # key isn't next to Y or “ on my keyboard...

It also still counts as being a virgin.

It didn't open up telling your co-worker to have sex either but the BDSM club thing does.

Technically it should count as your lesbian virginity, but that isn't in the game yet. A lot of the text for non-virgins mentions being with a man, having a penis inside you etc, so lesbian encounters will need to be tracked separately.

Speaking of, there's also this if simply saying "yes" after chasing her and getting the treasure back:

"You agree to be his wife. He slides the ring onto your finger and takes you in his arms, his lips warm on yours.

Newly engaged you might be, but that doesn't mean your first time will be tonight. You give him a loving kiss and say goodbye for the night.

ERROR: No actions found. Ending scene. Please report this to the developer as a bug"

Thanks! That's fixed now. Interestingly this might be the only place it's been reported... I guess that not many players turn down sex when they accept a proposal!

I'd also like to suggest a "likes_virgin" trait that would result in the guy refusing marriage if fucked by the rival.
clear.png

I have some notes about adding 'traditional values' men that'd do things like this. However, that's a wider change than one related to just this scene and not one that fits in just yet. I did have a look over the treasure-hunter bit though and the relationship penalty for going with the rival was strangely low – I've increased it sixfold for the next version.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Found an error after choosing 'pleasure him' and then unbuttoning a top then the guy pulling back up.

"Edgar lies back, eager to experience whatever pleasures you have planned for him.

You unbutton your pyjama topEdgar thanks you and gently pulls you back up so you're face-to-face with him again."

No space or punctionation after unbutton.

In the new (0.4.5) scene for impregnator proposal the option for "Let him drive" description says "let him drive you away on this day out.", the L in let isn't captialized.
Also in the description for "You love him!" where it says "he's the man you love. Of course you'll marry him!", the H in he at the start isn't capitalized.

Didn't find any errors in the cold-heart scene. Not sure how to get the other, have a guess I haven't tried yet but outside of that, clueless.

Found the other scene but didn't find any errors. However, I believe my character got pregnant from anal sex. The first try I had it set to visit doctor afterwards and there was nothing. The second try I was just clicking through and accidentally got the anal sex scene and I had it set to visit doctor again and was pregnant that time.

Last edited:

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Found an error after choosing 'pleasure him' and then unbuttoning a top then the guy pulling back up.

"Edgar lies back, eager to experience whatever pleasures you have planned for him.

You unbutton your pyjama topEdgar thanks you and gently pulls you back up so you're face-to-face with him again."

No space or punctionation after unbutton.

In the new (0.4.5) scene for impregnator proposal the option for "Let him drive" description says "let him drive you away on this day out.", the L in let isn't captialized.
Also in the description for "You love him!" where it says "he's the man you love. Of course you'll marry him!", the H in he at the start isn't capitalized.

Didn't find any errors in the cold-heart scene. Not sure how to get the other, have a guess I haven't tried yet but outside of that, clueless.

Found the other scene but didn't find any errors. However, I believe my character got pregnant from anal sex. The first try I had it set to visit doctor afterwards and there was nothing. The second try I was just clicking through and accidentally got the anal sex scene and I had it set to visit doctor again and was pregnant that time.

Thanks! I've got those issues sorted for the next version.

I don't think anal will have got you pregnant - a quick look in the code doesn't reveal any way it could do so as the inseminate method isn't called from the class or any of its superclasses. Most likely it's a timing issue. Because of how Newlife calculates impregnation, a doctor visit won't detect fertilisation that same week. This is because the game stores an "insemination" object each time something risky happens, and then processes them all at the end of the week to determine whether or not you get pregnant. The doctor visit happens before the end, so your character won't be set as pregnant yet. When your doctor visit reveals pregnancy it means you got pregnant the previous week or earlier.

Calculating pregnancy at the end has some major advantages - it means that the first guy to sleep with you each week isn't more likely to be the father, and makes it easy to have a system that slightly increases risk if you have sex a lot but nowhere near as much if a separate check was made for each sex act. It's also somewhat realistic as RL pregnancy tests won't return a positive result if used too soon after intercourse.

Next release soon by the way - either tomorrow (Saturday) or the day after.

Mysiath

Dec 5, 2016
I've been enjoying this game for a while now and the replay content is sweet! Although there is one thing I would like more than anything else. Age. I would like for a possibility of playing older than early twenties. Would it be possible to have that? It's fine if can't--but superduper if can.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
hmm, I thought I've gotten positive pregnant tests the first week before. I'll double check...guess not?

Not sure if there's an error here or not but while trying to check on that, this happened when I chose "flirt with someone" in the club...

"Swaying your hips slightly, you walk smiling over to a man and begin to flirt with him. Who's the lucky guy?
It's getting very late and you're tired. You decide to go home."

It just ended there with no option.

Also a quiet orgasm in the toilet scene...

"The pleasure reaches a sudden peak and you cram your wrist into your mouth to stop from crying out. You arch your back , head pressed hard into against the graffitied toilet wall, and for a moment everything goes blank as the climax washes over you."

Space on each side of the comma between back and head.

Virgin bitchy girl, drunken impregnator scene...

"Edgar suddenly accelerates his movements, frantically thrusting his bare cock into you. You don't realise what is about to happen until his whole body stiffens, his thick, bare cock deep in your vagina.
You let out what can only be described as a squeak. Looking up at him, eyes wide, you feel a new, unfamiliar sensation in your vagina.
"Oh fuck!" you gasp underneath him."

Random space in front of the "you" in the second paragraph.

...and the ensuing innocent friend asking about the painting scene...

"Your thoughts go back to your first time with Edgar. Your head fuzzy with booze, the alcohol loosening your inhibitions. His fit body on top of you.

Then, at the end, the sticky warmth of his seed inside you. You remember the smell of man on your body afterwards, the slippery feel of his sperm on your pussy.
Bare hardness inside you, a warm spurt of seed, a trickle of white fluid leaking out of you, more inside swimming for your womb. Your palms drift to your stomach, still flat for now but with new life growing inside."

Extra space between 'your' and 'stomach' in the last line.

And for the massage scene...

"Edgar tugs your jeans off completely, apparently so he can massage your legs.

With his hands stroking your thighs, he continues his story. Tanya was very turned on, her skin flushed with excitement, her breath coming quickly. She did as he asked almost without thinking and he took the chance to slide into her immediately.
She was every bit as hot and tight as he remembered from when they were dating and her charming little gasp when he penetrated her just made him lose control."

Extra space at the start of "She was every bit" line.

I've been enjoying this game for a while now and the replay content is sweet! Although there is one thing I would like more than anything else. Age. I would like for a possibility of playing older than early twenties. Would it be possible to have that? It's fine if can't--but superduper if can.

That was just added in the new version, along with a younger 18/19 option.
Though I'm curious, how does it handle the 18/19 option getting into the club? Do you need a fake ID first? Have to flash the bouncer or provide other sexual favors?
Is the new age option applicable to NPCs too?

I never knew about there being special innocent friend scene for unusual first times, something new to see there. Is there more than the concert, sex shop and blackjack in the new one? Boss? Party girl friend calling someone after failing the drinking challenge? Dance judge? Offering self up to save your other innocent friend? (Found the one for the work/presentation event.)

Last edited:

Lotharian

Jan 20, 2017
I only recently discovered this game and I am loving it so far, I just had a few quick things to ask about.

1. Do you have any planned MMF encounters in the future? Cause the "3some" in the gym wasn't actually a 3some lol they just traded off. I think it would be a fun situation to find somewhere in your adventures.

2. Why do most text adventure character's have the constitution of gods? I think it would be cool to work in a system where after a certain level of alcohol the character gets blackout drunk, this incentivizes not drinking everything in sight as well as adding the possibility for a lot of events. Depending on locations and the characters at said location with relationships with the main character lots of things could happen. From a friend simply bringing you home safely to someone realistically taking advantage of an overly drunk woman. It brings a level realism to all those scenes like the bars, house parties, club, drinking with a date, etc.

3. Now when you have encounters with really sleazy trait guys and such why are they still so nice? Almost all the time they will do exactly as you ask except for the impregnators who just don't want to pull out or wear condoms. On top of that even during the innocent befriending the "sleazy criminals" are scared off easily or just have the boss get whatever the character is dishing out. To be honest I would love if perhaps decisions had more realistic consequences and that even though a very low margin of people there was a chance for the game to spawn actual sleazy human beings. Bring the world to life and make you look at people and their traits and actions much more thoroughly just like you have to do in the real world.

4. When you are having bare anal sex what about a chance for the really sleazy guys to switch it up towards the very end. I would say maybe the same low chance that a condom breaks or something.

Just a few things I had wondered about as for directions you were taking on these things. I have really enjoyed every playthrough I have done of the game and look forward to the future this game has.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Lotharian

Jan 20, 2017
They said before there's not gonna be any rapey stuff because of a stupid UK law or something that they didn't even want to be in the grey area on, so I think the willpower traits at creation is the best you'll get.

There's a blog post explaining the sleazy/crude traits here: http://splendidostrich.blogspot.com/2015/08/sleazy-crude-and-boastful.html

Ugh, though I mean my 1, 2, and 4 comments aren't really all that effected by this. Not to mention one way to get around that with the drunk stuff is the character obviously knows what could happen and does it anyway. There is an actual fetish for it that is consensual and part of the genre of people who like degradation just like the demeanor of events you get with "Likes rough sex" trait. I would say just have the ability to "block over intoxication" in the same way you can click "block rough sex" feature.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Haven't been able to find the new random scene to check for errors but did find something non-sensical in pursuit of the wedding promises scene.

If having a fiance, getting pregnant by someone else yet not having slept with your fiance and giving birth with them there it and choosing to show it to them it says "Although you haven't properly confirmed your newborn's father through testing, Flardryn seems to accept it. You introduce him to the baby, and he does the socially-expected amount of cooing over it. You're very tired after giving birth though, so soon the medical staff usher him out of the room to let you recover."

Why would they accept it if they didn't have sex?
Is the new random scene the one with the baby waking you up and calling your fiance over? Never seen that one before but that seems much too specific to be the new random one. That'd be like "new taking care of baby scence" wouldn't it?

Speaking of, what are the chances of a Maury/Jerry Springer talk show type situation? Lots of potential for hilarity there. :p

zb123

Jun 10, 2017
I like your game a lot, big fan. Though development seems a bit slow. Could you do something useful with some support in form of a java developer?

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small typo in the new sex scene. When choosing to "feel your breasts"...

"Your climax is looming, but nothing brings you more pleasure than your breasts and at this time all you crave is for them to be touched. Leaving one hand precariously supporting your trembling body, you bring the other to your tits as they bounce back and forth from the vigorous thrusting of Oscar's thick, bare cock.
With an aroused moan, , you firmly clutch at your tiny breast, the soft pad of flesh warm and tender. You roll the nipple between your fingers, feeling how it's become taut with arousal."

Two commas after moan or perhaps missing text of some sort.

And when you find the BDSM club...

"You're greeted by a tall woman wearing a name-tag and a short leather dress. "Welcome to the Bound Angel, the finest bondage stage show outside the Capital!"
She consults a clip-board. "Ah, a Mr Black left a message that we should expect a young lady named Elle who'll be proving herself on the main stage. Would that be you?""

and going along with everything...

"You're led backstage, un-blindfolded, and allowed to dress yourself. The hostess returns to congratulate you on your performance. She mentions that she'll certainly give a glowing report of you to Mr Black the next time he comes."

There's no . after "Mr".

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, currently working on wedding dress stuff - I like them as a setting but my personal experience with weddings is fairly limited so there's a fair bit of research to be done there. Of course there will be some potential departures from realism in Newlife's weddings, especially if your sleazy fiance decides he has his own ideas about what you should wear...

Though I'm curious, how does it handle the 18/19 option getting into the club? Do you need a fake ID first? Have to flash the bouncer or provide other sexual favors?
Is the new age option applicable to NPCs too?

It is available for NPCs. There's no difference in going to the club - the drinking age is 18 in the UK so that wouldn't be an issue over here.

1. Do you have any planned MMF encounters in the future? Cause the "3some" in the gym wasn't actually a 3some lol they just traded off. I think it would be a fun situation to find somewhere in your adventures.

Unlikely. The complexity of writing for the various combinations of personality/trait/relationship/etc increases exponentially as more characters get added to a scene. Any 3some content would have to be heavily restricted to compensate for that.

3. Now when you have encounters with really sleazy trait guys and such why are they still so nice? Almost all the time they will do exactly as you ask except for the impregnators who just don't want to pull out or wear condoms. On top of that even during the innocent befriending the "sleazy criminals" are scared off easily or just have the boss get whatever the character is dishing out. To be honest I would love if perhaps decisions had more realistic consequences and that even though a very low margin of people there was a chance for the game to spawn actual sleazy human beings. Bring the world to life and make you look at people and their traits and actions much more thoroughly just like you have to do in the real world.

Hi there,
The sleazy trait implies that they behave in an overtly sexual way. It doesn't influence their core personality and respect for the player - a sleazy guy can be also be a caring lover who adores and respects his partner.

'Bad' NPCs will often act nice for the simple reason that they want to sleep with the player. This wasn't in the original release and people rightly complained that it didn't make sense for the jerks to be insulting the pc on dates when they were hoping to end up in bed with her. I won't go into the full rules for behaviour faking here, but the Crude trait blocks it entirely.
If you want a guy who will treat the PC badly try combining the Jerk personality with Crude (to stop faking), Cold-hearted (so he won't fall in love with her) and Misanthrope (so he won't come to like her).

As for the lowlives, they're just bullies who are easily cowed when someone stands up to them. As for further consequences, if you mean violent rape then that has a number of issues associated with it and is also not something I especially
care for, so I'm not likely to write it for the game.

4. When you are having bare anal sex what about a chance for the really sleazy guys to switch it up towards the very end. I would say maybe the same low chance that a condom breaks or something.

No, that sounds kind of gross to me, so I don't want to write it. In general I'm not into butt-stuff so other than for PMW reasons I won't be writing more than the necessary minimum - I usually turn anal off in the options when I play the game myself.

Just a few things I had wondered about as for directions you were taking on these things. I have really enjoyed every playthrough I have done of the game and look forward to the future this game has.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Haven't been able to find the new random scene to check for errors but did find something non-sensical in pursuit of the wedding promises scene.

If having a fiance, getting pregnant by someone else yet not having slept with your fiance and giving birth with them there it and choosing to show it to them it says "Although you haven't properly confirmed your newborn's father through testing, Flardryn seems to accept it. You introduce him to the baby, and he does the socially-expected amount of cooing over it. You're very tired after giving birth though, so soon the medical staff usher him out of the room to let you recover."

Why would they accept it if they didn't have sex?

Thanks, the scene doesn't check if they've slept together. He'll always accept it because there's a separate event for him dumping you because he hasn't been told he's the father, and if it hasn't fired by the time you give birth then the game assumes he's fine with the situation. I might add some checks with alternative paths but just checking the hadSex method won't work reliably because you can get pregnant without sleeping with someone. I have some ideas about a more complex way of tracking it, but I'll need to actually start writing code before I'll be sure if it'll work.

Is the new random scene the one with the baby waking you up and calling your fiance over? Never seen that one before but that seems much too specific to be the new random one. That'd be like "new taking care of baby scence" wouldn't it?

Speaking of, what are the chances of a Maury/Jerry Springer talk show type situation? Lots of potential for hilarity there. :p

I believe that is indeed the new scene. It is a purely random event once you have a kid - it isn't tied to the 'childcare' activity when you fail your skill check.

Having the PC appear on TV seems a bit of a poor move on her part - she's supposed to by laying low because of her need to hide from the evil government/criminal gang.

I like your game a lot, big fan. Though development seems a bit slow. Could you do something useful with some support in form of a java developer?

Writing is generally what limits development rather than coding - perhaps a reflection of my background. I've been (slowly) working on a contributions system that will let volunteer writers chip in with their own work but it keeps getting put on hold so I can get new versions out. I'm thinking perhaps I'll dedicate the last part of the month to it once the next version comes out

Thanks for reporting all of these! They should be fixed now :)

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
I've used quickstart so much I've forgotten about that hiding stuff. :p

Speaking of which...

"The judge sentences you to a secure women's prison. Soon you're locked away within its grim grey walls, nothing to do except have pillow fights with your fellow inmates and soap up each others' breasts in the showers. Truly, this is a hell on earth."

Alternate path content expansion? :D

And a few small text things, all the same and all in this one section at the start.

"These should be everything you need for a new identity. Since the Unethical Experimentation Party won the last election, it's become really easy to set up this sort of thing. Too many clever people on the run from them. "
"Now, why don't you get a good night's sleep, and I'll finish sorting things out. "
She gives you a reassuring smile. "The spare room is at the top of the stairs on the left. Don't worry, it'll all be fine. "

There's spaces after all the . before the ending " in those three lines.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, next release quite soon - probably the next day or two if I don't run into major issues in testing.

is there any gangbang or bdsm content in this game?

There's a small amount, but probably not enough to make it worthwhile if you're looking for that sort of content specifically.

In particilar, there's a BDSM club scene but it's just one scene and it has quite specific conditions. There's a 3-way makeout scene but the guys take turns with you rather than having threesome sex.

"The judge sentences you to a secure women's prison. Soon you're locked away within its grim grey walls, nothing to do except have pillow fights with your fellow inmates and soap up each others' breasts in the showers. Truly, this is a hell on earth."

Alternate path content expansion? :D

That would work better as its own game. Besides, I fortunately lack the experience with prison to write convincing content based in one!

And a few small text things, all the same and all in this one section at the start.

"These should be everything you need for a new identity. Since the Unethical Experimentation Party won the last election, it's become really easy to set up this sort of thing. Too many clever people on the run from them. "
"Now, why don't you get a good night's sleep, and I'll finish sorting things out. "
She gives you a reassuring smile. "The spare room is at the top of the stairs on the left. Don't worry, it'll all be fine. "

There's spaces after all the . before the ending " in those three lines.

Thanks! All fixed :)