Newlife

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small spacing errors.

"Jack suddenly accelerates his movements, frantically thrusting his bare cock into you. You don't realise what is about to happen until his whole body stiffens, his bare cock deep in your vagina.
You let out what can only be described as a squeak. Looking up at him, eyes wide, you feel a new, unfamiliar sensation in your vagina.
Helpless beneath him, you realise you should ask him not to finish inside you, but things are happening too fast and you can't quite find the words in time.
Your tight innocent vagina squeezes his manhood and you feel it pulsing with orgasm inside you. A hot wet warmth builds inside you as you receive his ejaculation."

There's blank spaces at the start of lines 2 and 4.

I couldn't seem to get the innocent friend painting scene. If you're using cheats and they already like you does it not come up?
I was aiming for something different but was curious if there was a scene for first time having been in the hospital when that came up.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks! I'll get those fixed. The art gallery event won't fire if you have the down-to-earth trait. The hospital doesn't have unique text there though.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Not sure if this is a bug or by design, I'm going for the jerk propsal scene and notices he never wants dates. Relationship status on the friend screen is good but the relationship screen says "You don't think he has feelings for you."
Thought I'd mention it just in case.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi, it seems he has a good liking for you, but no love.

This can happen if he has the cold-hearted trait. Cold-hearted is never naturally picked for Jerk characters (only Selfish) but the Gym-Jerk gets it specially, and it can be set for custom characters.

Alternatively, Love will not increase if Liking+Attraction don't meet a certain threshold. Low attraction could be the issue here as it also has a major effect on how likely he is to ask you out. It's odd he's your boyfriend if he doesn't find you attractive but not impossible. This is most likely to happen based on temporary attraction modifiers. For instance, in the moment he was attracted to you because of being drunk and how you were dressed and asked you to become his girlfriend, but come the cold light of day he isn't really all that into you.

You can probably sitll increase his Liking further, and most characters can fall in love with you even at low attraction if liking is maxed out. You can also increase attraction although this is a bit harder and there are caps on how far it can be changed. Giving him mind-blowing sex that meets his sexual preferences is the main way.

Low attraction is also usually due to preference traits, unless your character is Plain in which case you're starting from a low base value. In particular check for likes_cute/sexy/elegant/casual. Opposite stats will count as negative so for instance if he likes sexy girls but you took the cute trait then you'll get a large negative to attraction, and if you dress cutely too then you'll have an additional temporary negative in scenes. Breast size preferences can also be negative e.g. if you have small breasts and he likes big ones.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
It was a custom character that didn't have any of that stuff. Though I did use the hug box cheat. Even at love and getting the propsal scene I wanted to see he still didn't ask for any dates. Just wasn't sure if that was a jerk thing or possible bug. I did get the wanting to come over scene but no go out on a date/go to a gig options.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small text errors:

During the sensual dance action in the club...

"You rest your hands on his shoulders, and move your body against him, your feminine instinct sending your hips moving in an erotic circle"

...there's no puncutation at the end of circle.

Buying a wedding dress with your fiancé...

"fiancé in tow, you find your way to a nice place in town that can design you the wedding dress of your dreams.

A friendly shop assistant greets you with congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. With her help you'll be able to figure out the exact specifications of your dream dress."

Fiancé not capitalized.

"Lower still, the dress clings tightly to your hips and continues to hug your toned legs until, close to the floor, it abruptly flares out into the fishtail shape that gives you the mermaid silhouette."

2 spaces between 'your' and 'hips'. Though that didn't show up when I tried a different type of dress so it's probably quite specific. Sorry I don't remember the exact combination.

Possible odd things:

If choosing 'turn around' it still says they reach behind you to unhook your bra if your back is to them. I guess it could be one that unhooks in front but I doubt that was the intent.

Having to work/go to a client's house as the next action directly after giving birth.

Can only wear white panties/bra with wedding dress even if you're not a virgin? I don't know a whole lot about the process but I thought white was only for virgins, "cream"/off-white otherwise.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks! I've got most of those sorted - wedding outfits being white only is just a simplification for the moment - cream underwear isn't generated by the game at present. As for giving birth, I may look into maternity leave with the work update, but that's fairly low priority. At the moment the PC's instantaneous recovery from childbirth is just handwaved as "future technology". After all, Newlife is set something like 3 years in the future and by then I'm sure we'll see some futuristic marvels that'll boggle the mind.

Reactions: Sapphire

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
It seems having sex through a strip black-jack makeout forefit doesn't result in being able to confess cheating while just making out with no sex does enable it.

Also a small text error. When your finace asks for children with the vow scene the description box under "Accept grudgingly" says "Well... it he insists..." instead of if he insists.

Another small error during the end where you're at the shop.
"Ivy drives you to a seedy workshop, where she can apparently get some components she needs for her 'solution'. The two of you walk inside and speak with an oil-stained middle-aged man, apparently the owner. Ivy rattles off a list of technical gubbins that's apparently entirely vital.
The owner grunts approvingly. "I can tell you've got an eye for quality lady. I can get you that stuff, no questions asked, but it'll cost you. Say 1500 pounds."
Ivy turns to you. "I don't have that much! Can you pay him? ""

Extra space after the ? and " at the end where it says Can you pay him?

One from a sex scene with an unattractive fat guy.

"Samuel is letting out little grunts, thrusting faster and faster into you. You wince with discomfort, and then realise suddenly that he's about to finish, and that he is unprotected inside you.
You let out an inarticulate noise of protest and push at his bloated body. Too late, your hands sinking uselessly into his flabby torso as you feel his erect penis twitch inside you."

Extra blank space before You at the start of the second line.

When doing the hook up two friends thing the "Find out her opinion of him" descriptor is missing a period at the end.

Can your bf say you're lying when you lie when he confronts about cheating? I've been trying it with the worst person possible and it's still always believed.

And being unwillingly felt up by the client at work counts as cheating? Even if you don't do anything?

Some more errors in the stripping for the treasure rival scene...

"Your blue denim shorts are next, and then your lacy white thong. You take it off and are left completely naked, every stitch removed leavin your smooth pale skin completely exposed."

Missing g on leavin.

And...

"Sophie steps close, a fingertip tracing down your smooth cheek. You feel her breath warm on your face as her hand dips lower, fingers tracing down your body, over a small breast, then down, feeling the slim firmness of your toned stomach. , feeling the slender smoothness of your flat stomach."

There's a period and space after stomach then a comma. Not sure if that's a punctuation mishap or there's a missing word.

And having sex with her doesn't count as cheating or at least doesn't bring up the confess to cheating option.

Last edited:

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Couple of small text errors.

When meeting Ivy as a male in the beginning (haven't checked this one in a llllloooooonnnnnggggg time)...

"There's silence for a moment, and then very suddenly lights click on, including a bright one right above the front door. You realise that the door is painted a cheerful shade of bright green, and the front of the house looks clean and well-maintained. You hear footsteps inside, and then Ivy opens the door. On seeing you, she smiles widely and your nerves immediately ebb away"

...there's no period at the end of that last line.

When choosing 'poverty' as a response...

"Ivy rolls her eyes. "That's really more of a problem for politicians. You're as bad as those protesters ranting about world peace. Apparently I'm 'wasting my skills' by working on a de-baldifier, and yet when I offer to design a space-based planet buster I'm an 'insane monster'. Seriously, some people just don't seem to understand that to have world peace we first need to blast the Earth into gravel"."

...there's an extra space after the comma following de-baldifier.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
The new offically not offically offical cheating jerk custom scene...

"You belatedly invide Jack in and unnecessarily tell him to make himself at home."

...says invide instead of invite.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Doing the vows thing with an impregnator NPC and choosing "you want a baby" for the PC condition has them "less than pleased, but he grudgingly accepts your demand. Not without plenty of grouching about it, mind you." which doesn't make any sense.

If your boyfriend gets beat up during the cheating confrontation scene the option for "Console your boyfriend" says "Confort your beaten boyfriend." in the description, confort is probably supposed to be comfort.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Doing the vows thing with an impregnator NPC and choosing "you want a baby" for the PC condition has them "less than pleased, but he grudgingly accepts your demand. Not without plenty of grouching about it, mind you." which doesn't make any sense.

If your boyfriend gets beat up during the cheating confrontation scene the option for "Console your boyfriend" says "Confort your beaten boyfriend." in the description, confort is probably supposed to be comfort.

Yes, I found weird demanding to have a baby with a impregnator fetishist and he being all grudginly about, maybe his fetish is impregnating unwilling women but the willing ones are a turn off for him?

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Text error and possibly something missing from a girl on girl non-PC blackjack forefit scene...

"Elle leans back against the nearest wall and Elsa kisses her way down her body, lingering on Elle's bare breasts before lowering herself fully to her knees.
Elsa removes Elle'sjeans, , revealing her green thong."

No space between '(charactername)'s' and 'jeans'. After jeans there's a comma, blank space and second comma. Not sure if there's a line missing or that's an extra comma.

Also, get well soon. :D

Last edited:

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thank you! I'll get that fixed - it was just a superfluous comma.

Vows have an NPC response based on a score which is affected by personality, traits and vow type. Impregnators are a bit more restrained in relationships because they might have to actually raise the child but as far as I can see from the code, an impregnator should always accept the "have a child" demand unless he has the doesnt_want_kids trait. The request to have 3 kids would usually get the "grudging acceptance" response though - I'll modify the scoring for the next version.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
It's a weekend-timeslot random event, so it won't fire if you're always doing actions on the weekend that have their own fixed events (e.g. shopping, gym).

The conditions are:
- PC must not be visibly pregnant (you can be pregnant and know it, as long as it isn't showing)
- Must not have already done the scene.
- Must have an Innocent female friend who is not the innocent work colleague.

The event itself has a few paths that end it before getting to the BDSM stuff. Make sure to always choose the topmost option until you're being ushered backstage. In particular, choose "pretend" in the "pretend"/"tell her"/"keep quiet" choice.

Shadonai

Oct 22, 2017
Love the game so far

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
There's no description for the action of "Be adventurous" in the new scene with the cunning/bitchy character and the innocent/low life scene.
Also in that scene after watching her get fucked and choosing to go to her and be mean...
"You put your arm aroundElle and tell her that she isn't so sweet and innocent any more, so she should just drop the pure act and accept that she's a worthless whore. tell her that watching her suffer through a good hard fuck was utterly hilarious."
No space between around and their name. Also 'Tell' isn't capitalized after the worthless whore bit.

If she runs away and you go with the guys there's a blank spot after they start to have sex with you and choosing 'do nothing', at least as a virgin:
"You steady yourself against the wall with your hands, a gasp escaping your lips when Bobby's bare cock penetrates your snug virgin pussy. He starts thrusting steadily into your pussy, sliding his full length inside. You let out a pained gasp as he takes your virginity.

Bobby grabs your hips and begins thrusting vigorously into you. You let out a pained gasp, your body not ready for such enthusiastic sex."
I think cheating to make someone else lose at the card game but having them win results in a blank space followed by "is bust". I picked Allison here but she got 21 and there's a "is bust" at the end of the round.
"Logan has the nine of spades as his visible card.
Allison has the ace of diamonds as her visible card.
Edgar has the four of hearts as his visible card.

You decide to use your sneaky skills to make someone else lose the game. But who?

You decide pick a victim for your cheating. For shame, you underhanded vixen!

You decide not to take any more cards. The other players will now finish the round, and then everyone's cards can be revealed.

Logan decides to stand.

Allison decides to stand.

Edgar hits and gets the ace of spades.

Edgar hits and gets the eight of hearts.

Edgar decides to stand.

Everyone has now either stood or gone bust, so the round is complete.

is bust.

The players who aren't bust reveal their hands and work out their scores.
You have a score of 20.
Logan has a score of 19.
Allison has a score of 21.
Edgar has a score of 20.

The player with the lowest score is Logan"

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks! I've fixed all of those except for the blank action - that'll be in the sex scene which is quite messy code that I mostly wrote long ago and is split over several files... it'll take a bit more investigation to track down.

mokeo

Apr 14, 2016
Underwater Holloween Town
As of the 4.12 public release the "Browse Relationship" is glitchy for me.
By default, "Show everyone" is always picked when entering that tab, but the glitch has neither options "Show everyone" or "Only show people who are here" picked.

If you choose one nothing will show up and the screen will freeze constantly, it can't be fixed unless you restart the game.
Not quite sure if adobe player needs to update or a error in the game

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
While dancing in apartment with bf who is a good dancer (not sure if that matters):

"You focus on doing your part, moving your feet and body to the music as he leads you. He moves with confidence, and it's clear he knows what he's doing. You move naturally in his arms, and the two of you dance in graceful harmony.
Flardryn gazes into your cold pale blue eyes. He tells you that Without you in my arms he feels like half a person."

...that last line is all sorts of wrong. Without is randomly capitalized and the my should be his. Unless it's supposed to be a quote in which case the he should be I and feels should be feel.

Guess I should spoiler this since there's a lot...also it's new so that too.

When the jerk friend asks if you're on birth control it says:
"You reply that you aren't on birth contro. He nods approvingly and says that getting pregnant is a babe's duty and it's good to hear you accept it."

Missing l on control. Also you don't have the option to say you've not had sex with him? It's a reply he can use when his friend asks if he uses condoms.

Clicking on "Get (insertfriendsnamehere) to leave" resulted in:

"You decide not to tell your boyfriend about what his friend's been doing.
Instead, you drop some strong hints that you'd like him to leave. You probably come off as a little rude, but at least they take the hint. Both men head out, off to spend some more time together, leaving you alone.
As he follows Flardryn to the door, Jayden blows you a kiss, smirking at your discomfiture.

ERROR: No actions found. Ending scene. Please report this to the developer as a bug"

Have the bitchy and cunning traits in case that matters.

"You separate from Mason and he packs up his tools.

Once that's done though, he doesn't leave. Instead he steps close to you, taking your slender body in his strong arms."

Extra space after the first "you".

Then after stopping him:
"Your clothing proves little barrier for his lusts. His hands seem to be everywhere, undressing you, groping your tits, running over your thighs. Then he's turning you around, bending you forwards so your hands rest on the stepladder.

He moves close behind you, undoing his belt with an audible click. Had you intended things to go this far? A firmness bulks against your pussy. Intent or not, it's happening.

ERROR: No actions found. Ending scene. Please report this to the developer as a bug"

And letting him do it...

"He pushes into you, the first man to do so, his massively-engorged glans making you suddenly feel very full indeed. . powerful hands pressing hard on your shoulder blades, he starts to thrust."

That's supposed to be glands, not glans, right? Also not sure if ... or . errant . and uncapitalized P in powerful.

"Suddenly, a noise interrupts the rhythm of your fucking: your phone is ringing.
He grabs it out of your bag sitting nearby and shows it to you, the screen displaying your boyfriend'sname.
To your horror, he swipes to answer and hands the device to you."

No space between boyfriend's and name in the second line.

" His erection presses against your cervix, so so deep inside, invading you where no man had been before, not even Flardryn."

Empty blank space in front of his at the start.

And is there another scene after having sex with the friend a second time?

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
Has Yuri content been added as of yet?

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
There's no actual relationships but there's a few one-off scenes.

There's a scene where 2 girls will call you over to dance with them then fondle/grope you in various ways in the club.
You can ditch your treasure hunting boyfriend to run off with their female treasure hunting rival for one night and get fucked with a strap-on.
The BDSM club scene is mostly girl on girl but there's guys involved too.
There's oral and makeout scenes as forefits in the strip blackjack game.
A female friend can kiss you if you go to the bar with them.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Not sure if bug or something you missed covering but getting pregnant off the jerk friend having sex with you results in the boyfriend...not caring at all. No accusations of cheating or the scene you get if you haven't slept with him, no breaking up, no noticing you're pregnant and after giving birth if you call him to help he just does it.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Hi all, thanks for the bug reports - much appreciated!

Mokeo: I couldn't replicate the issue in the latest version. If this is still happening for you, could you run the game from the windows console (see the Getting Started page on the blog if you need a guide on how to do this) and let me know if an error message is reported: that sounds like an exception was being thrown while the screen was being set-up.

OrangeJuice

Aug 30, 2015
Small error at the start of the new scene...

"You arrive home from work. Just as you're closing the door, there's a ping from the lift. You hear its doors open and heavy footsteps coming in your direction. Not one of your neighbors, but your boyfriend's friend Theo.
He muscles past you into your home. You glare at hime and snap out a question, demanding to know why he's here."

Says hime instead of him.

After taking revenge...

"On arrival, she ushers you into the kitchen where you see Olivia sitting at the table, looking at you with the slightly dazed expression of someone who still hasn't come to terms with what's happening to her.

Ivy tells you that she's finally finished getting the formerly-male woman settled into a new identity. She asks if there was anything else you wanted with her.

After all the effort she put into sleeping with Logan's girlfriend, it feels like the tables really should be turned. You tell her that she should hook up with him.
looks at you wide-eyed with alarm. Robbed of her confidence by the transformation and this unfamiliar femininity, she stutters that she can't possibly go on a date with a man.

The name is missing in the third line. It just starts off with looks.

Not sure if a bug, bad luck or currently intended/set up for the future but when you get the revenge option and choose to do nothing he doesn't seem to come back even though it says he will. Same with starting the revenge with Ivy then backing out.

splendidostrich

Aug 28, 2015
Thanks! I'll get those fixed.

The guy will make up to 4 seduction attempts including the repair scene, one of which can only fire if you've gone on a date with someone other than your bf. The revenge option can fire once two have been rejected. If it happens once you've rejected all four then his attempts are done and he won't return.