New Texas Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
When the Treatment and NT were first created, I simply assumed that the "retcon" was the way it was. The whole vibe of the place suggested Brave New World to me, where people who can't fit in are made to leave rather than forcibly lobotomised. Then Savin produced that episode of Steph Irson and the whole Gestamoo element, and it took on a harder, more insecure element that didn't sit right, aside from making all of the content there tougher to relax about and enjoy.

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
I'm by no means trying to knock on your opinion, but I'm pretty curious: how come that between those two, an objectively much more harsh and bitchy dominant amazon cow got a free pass for her bitchiness compared to Millie, who's pretty polite and only somewhat dominant?
Nothing wrong with being a bit bitchy, certainly doesnt make me dislike her. She just seems a somewhat 'dishy bitch' to me? (this probably came off more insulting than i wanted to about her character, and stems somewhat from the comparing of her intelligence to the faux treated Steele in which she establishes some superiority).
Zephyr's dominant nature is laid bare immediately and openly, you know exactly what your getting into there, which might be why i give her a free pass for bitchiness.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Nothing wrong with being a bit bitchy, certainly doesnt make me dislike her. She just seems a somewhat 'dishy bitch' to me? (this probably came off more insulting than i wanted to about her character, and stems somewhat from the comparing of her intelligence to the faux treated Steele in which she establishes some superiority).
Zephyr's dominant nature is laid bare immediately and openly, you know exactly what your getting into there, which might be why i give her a free pass for bitchiness.
Ah, forgot about the faux-Treatment scene. Though, to be fair, people talking down to bimbo!Steele and employing a little bit of verbal degrading is almost ubiquitous in scenes that are specific to them or have bimbo-specific forks. I suspect because it's considered part of the fetish.

And I definitely can see a point in valuing how openly and immediately the character conveys their attitude.

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
Ah, forgot about the faux-Treatment scene. Though, to be fair, people talking down to bimbo!Steele and employing a little bit of verbal degrading is almost ubiquitous in scenes that are specific to them or have bimbo-specific forks. I suspect because it's considered part of the fetish.

And I definitely can see a point in valuing how openly and immediately the character conveys their attitude.
The somewhat degrading nature of bimbo is certainly part of it for me, just not ALL the time, being ditzy and sexually liberated is fun. But I like my Steele to both get serious, and be taken seriously when its called for which is why im quite taken with the Cum-cow treatment variant's 'bimbo off' condition. (and since my character lacks a penis the requirement to find one to meet it, its a little extra fun for me)

On characters being open about personality, it helps set expectations. I don't expect to be able to bend Sera over and dominate her, nor do i expect Inessa to do a 180 and dominate me. This is all established in their attitudes and dialogue and it is appreciated as a kind of content flagging in a natural way.

Last edited:

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
Thank Fen. I didn't write the Treatment.
My mistake sorry, corrected the post (and again here, Thank you Fenoxo).
Since im emerging from a life of lurking and spreading my wings might as well drop a Thank you Fenoxo, Savin, Gedan and everyone involved in TiTS.
(probably not the best place for this but I feel like gushing a little)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Eh poor Savin made as the prime evil behind the dark side of New Texas :(

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Personally, I'm glad it's been changed. Making the Good Version official is worth the hassle it's been.
Good, now whip up a super Happy End *counts cow heads involved* eighsome as a resolution to Reaha's family crisis and we are set. NT will be declared best planet and it'll be back to the regularly scheduled Red vs. Gold shitposting contests discussions.

But seriously, thank you guys, and sorry for any nerves spent on it.

Last edited:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
But seriously, thank you guys, and sorry for any nerves spent on it.

I have a feeling we could and should all join in on this.

I did not have that much of a problem with NT as it was set up before, prolly because I like dystopian and dark fiction, but if it means that the overall forum public (and maybe significant but unvoiced parts of the whole playerbase, too) will be happier there is nothin' or at least not that much I have against it.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'm just the guy who brought it to light.

Personally, I'm glad it's been changed. Making the Good Version official is worth the hassle it's been.

Hum suspicious how you usualy ends up bringing the dark sides. NT dark side, Red ants that are darker side more than Gold Ants, all sad things to happen to many of npc's you made. I hpe all is right and you just likes putting some shadow on otherwise perfect things? xD

With NT been back to all happy utopia it's cool. Now if we could get more cows there ^^
En.. I mean maybe one more cow to take off planet to ship... well more preferably would be one of Leithans seen there but tsss about it ;)

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Maybe now is a good time to say I'm working on Ellie pregnancy stuff right now.
:gizz:
Look what you did Wsan!!!
How am I going to focus on my exam now?

But anyways, great news.
If it's you, the master of taur content, I'm sure it'll be good :D

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Maybe now is a good time to say I'm working on Ellie pregnancy stuff right now.

*Runing wildly around mode for 15 min, furiously typing reply for next 10 min*

OK *spoken with Rammus voice style*

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
@Ormael Leithans can only breed with other leithans according to their codex entry. So I assume yes.
From the codex, relevant parts bolded: Unlike many sapient species, Leithans have a nearly 0% fertility rate when coupling with other species. Halfbreed Leithans are nearly unheard of, and almost always the result of genetic manipulation and non-natural fertilization.

So there is a little bit of wiggle room with who can actually do the deed, with incredibly high fertility and cum amounts being discussed as the requirements.

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
From the codex, relevant parts bolded: Unlike many sapient species, Leithans have a nearly 0% fertility rate when coupling with other species. Halfbreed Leithans are nearly unheard of, and almost always the result of genetic manipulation and non-natural fertilization.

So there is a little bit of wiggle room with who can actually do the deed, with incredibly high fertility and cum amounts being discussed as the requirements.

Well, I understand that nearly 0%, is not absolute 0. But at that point artificial insemination is better option for conception than being another race. Which is how I assume a half-leithan Steele is born.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well starting as half-leithan but that not mean after knocking her up PC can go back to bipedal form ^^

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Eyyyy!!!
Taking one for the team Noobie :D
Commissioner here, you'll be able to impregnate Ellie as any race, taur or not.
I like the sound of that. I didn't really expect it any other way, but it's good to get some clarification.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Leithan author must now cursing at ya. But well that your money I think but still devs decision if the gonna let it in or not (I hope their will let it in with heavy heart).

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Nah, it makes sense; the only reason the PC can be half-Leithan in the first place is because Vic paid for it. So there's established precedent.

Reactions: shadefalcon

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hah so now we can start preparing to re-edit this entry on wiki about only Leithan been able to impregnate other Leithan with others have this near 0% chance.
Unless that almost 0% mean Steele [playername] Steele :catte:

anniebannannie

Dec 15, 2016
"Take that leithan codex entry and shove it up your arse."

Again, it's possible no matter the race, it's just that if it's not lethian/lethian it costs a bit of money to make sure it takes. How else could we even have a half lethian steele? steele's dad is always a human.